Features

Chude Jideonwo: Dear President Buhari, You Have Broken our Hearts

Chude Jideonwo

Two years ago to this day, you brought me to tears.

You were in our nation’s capital, being inaugurated as the first Nigerian in our nation’s history to win the presidency from an opposition party. I was far away, in Lagos; but I had a cherished privilege: to be the one to publish the very first tweet on your account as President of the Federal of Nigeria.

And as my colleague, Oluwatobi Soyombo watched, I threw my head back on the chair, and I began to weep.

I couldn’t help myself. This moment was too big, was too strong; was too much.

They were tears of joy. But they were also tears of relief, personal and collective. Personal relief from the fear of the consequences of my decision – after having readied myself for four years of repercussion for supporting so publicly a man who was hardly likely to win; collective relief that we would not be facing four more years of the triumphal leadership of the corrupt and the reprobate; relief that we had just dodged a bullet.

Barely six months before I had never met you, never stayed in the same space you, didn’t even believe in you. The one thing I knew was that, for this young man, it was anybody but Goodluck Jonathan. But then you filled me with such hope, because you appeared to finally carry on your shoulders the burdens of an exhausted, furious generation.

I was as furious as anyone. Actually, I was more furious than most. Furious enough to burn bridges, risk backlash, annoy friends and family; to cross the divide to vote and work passionately for a man I had voted for reluctantly, even bitterly, only four years before.

It was like a miracle. I never believed this was going to happen. I never believed an opposition leader could win an election in our country; I never believed that citizens could make this change happen in my lifetime.

It was so hard to believe that I continued to argue with my team, right up to time that the incumbent president conceded. Our data already projected your win, but I refused to be seduced, memories of Karl Rove making a fool of himself on Fox News over a quixotic Mitt Romney win in 2012 haunting me. “Push all the votes from the South-East and the South-South to Jonathan’s column,” I said to my colleague Joachim MacEbong. “Assume Buhari gets zero votes there. What we have now is too deceptive. An opposition candidate can’t win with such a margin.”

I couldn’t believe it, until it happened. Some days, even now, I wake up and I almost still can’t believe it.

From 2010, when I became active in civic spaces, this had been the dream: to have a citizen-led movement that could put the fear of God into the political establishment.

I had spent days on the streets, in protest, at risk to life and business. I had sat in countless meetings and strategy sessions. I had spent millions of my own money invested in this vision. I had spent time in private and group prayer, shouting in pain, sobbing in frustration, crying out for all of this to not be for nothing, for some intervention, for some sign from God that our country would be better, even in our lifetimes. I didn’t believe it could be this dramatic, I didn’t believe it could come to pass.

But it did. And when it did, it was enough to overturn my theology of God’s agenda for politics. Because it certainly felt like an answer to our prayers. It certainly felt like divine intervention. It absolutely felt like the heavens had heard Nigeria’s heart cry.  It had to be. This was a miracle. You were a miracle. You were a change, desperately sought. A change, desperately won.

But it wasn’t really about you, Mr. President. This was never about you.

You were a symbol of our aspiration, you were an expression of a democratic ideal: that the citizen is the most powerful force in any democracy. You were a symbol that we mattered, that our voices mattered. That if we organized, we could defeat powerful forces. That if we came together, nothing was truly beyond our grasp, no possibility beyond the reach of a determined population. That we, truly, are the ones that we have been waiting for.

For me, after 10 years of nation building aspirations and five years of activist engagement, you presented the unique opportunity for to all come together. For the networks, and the platforms and the reputation and the skills and the creativity that I had to come to a head, to join the effort to make change happen. And there were many Nigerians who took that risk also, because we saw a ray of sunlight.

We thought this was worth the risk. This had to be worth the risk.

The many people who worked incredibly hard to get you into office, but then stayed aside and asked for no benefit in return thought it was worth that risk. It was the reason I said no to an offer to join this administration in its first two years, same as many that I know. We couldn’t dare corrupt this one sacrifice – this gift – with the appearance of self-interest.

But it’s not just about those who can afford to keep their distance. It’s more about the many whom your inchoate policies hurt the most – the people you told us you were running for.

Remember that woman who wrapped up her entire savings and donated to your campaign? Do you remember her, sir?

What would you say to her, if you saw her today?

I write this today because I don’t know what happens next.

I don’t know if you are well, or how well you are. You haven’t treated us, your citizens, your voters, with the respect of telling us what ails you, how it ails you and how it affects your ability to do your job. Instead you treat us with the scorn and contempt that Aso Rock seems to breed – the contempt of silence.

Look at the nation you left behind, as you duck for cover in the United Kingdom: Healthcare so shabby even you can’t rely on it for your own well being. Schools still exactly in the state at which you met them 24 months ago. An economy in shambles. An anti-corruption fight running around in circles. A nation fragmented, with the one time since the 1960s where Biafra has become a dominant narrative – courtesy of tone-deaf ethnic-coloured politics. Businesses attacked by a combination of violent tax authorities and ham-fisted fiscal policies, which seem to punish citizens for the failings of past governments and inadequacies of this one. Indeed, the anecdotal stories of businesses folded up, investments dried up jobs lost and dreams shattered have become the defining testimony of your leadership.

You have taken the hopes and the dreams and the faith that we invested in you, and you have shattered them into many tiny pieces.

Is this fair? Is this right? Is this why you ran? Is this what those four attempts were about? Is this the plan you had? Is this the vision you shared? Is this what this was all about – just being president?

It is easy for us to hide under the shadow of your acting president, Yemi Osinbajo, who makes it easy to prove citizens right, that we made the proper choice to vote for change and to upset the old system in 2015. It is convenient to turn to him as justification for our wisdom.

But the truth is that, for me, it isn’t. You are the man with the mandate. You are the man with the ultimate responsibility.

To be honest, there is no regret in voting for you. Even if everything failed, even if your acting president had been a failure, there would be no regret in voting for you.

We had a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea. As it turns out, we chose the deep blue sea.

If that time came again, I would make no other choice, even with everything I know now. With everything I have, and everything I believe and everything I hold dear, I am passionate about the fact that, despite the disappointment you have presented to us, voting what you represented for president was a crucial step in re-making Nigeria, in the long term.

I just wish you had made it easier, with your performance, with visionary leadership, with actions and decisions, to justify that choice. I wish we could point to the short term as well as the long term as the vindication of that choice. I wish you had risen up to the occasion, Mr. President.

Yes, you care for Nigeria. I know that. Or at least I think I do. But that doesn’t matter. It’s neither here nor there. Love is not just something you say, love is something you do. And there is no evidence, today, of your love.

We didn’t vote for you to try your best; we didn’t vote for you to complain to no end, no. We voted for you to make change happen.

And no matter what your remaining rabid supporters, either blinded still by anger at Dr. Jonathan, blinded by the comfort of denial or blinded by proximity to power, say, this is the truth: we are disappointed in you. This is not the change we voted for.

Of course, there is still a year to make it happen before the politicking fully kicks in, but not today.

Instead, disappointment, shame, sadness – that has become your legacy.

And it breaks my heart sir.

It breaks so many hearts, home and abroad. Those who believed passionately in you. Those who didn’t believe but decided to give you a chance. Those who couldn’t bring themselves to vote for you but still celebrated the possibility of change. Those who rolled the dice and hoped for the best.

Your performance, your failings, the ineptitude, it has severely broken their hearts. It has severely broken my heart.

I sincerely hope, in your quiet moments of truth, that it breaks your heart too.

Jideonwo is a storyteller, using the research and evidence on human flourishing to inspire new narratives about politics, markets, faith, identity and society in Africa. He is a co-founder of RED, which he ran for 13 years before stepping down in December 2017. One of its companies, StateCraft Inc. handled communication for the Muhammadu Buhari campaign in 2015 and has worked in elections in Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.

1. bodunade

May 29, 2017 at 9:17 am

Isaac Hayes – Hot Buttered Soul

2. Epic

May 29, 2017 at 9:41 am

Oh don’t get me started on how my heart is broken. It is in shreds and now I have no heart to the point that I wish you die. Yes I said it! I risked my family and even food on my table to rally support for this man anonymously. I know what my family enjoyed under GEJ. We got a small slice of the national cake but I was willing to forgo it for the benefit of the Nigerian people. I, a South easterner voted for you only for you to turn around and sideline us. You literally pooped on our faces talking about you will first help those who gave you the most support. Shebi you’re now helping them…how market? You surrounded yourself with your people and yet the cold hands of death found you. I wish you luck in the land of the dead. Osibanjo jare for President!!!

• nene+

May 29, 2017 at 12:42 pm

“Experience is the best teacher for fools”
      “History is the best teacher for the wise” i read about Buhari and I know history repeats itself. Today Buhari curses his voters from his sick bed, he wishes his life than presidency. We wishes he was never voted by his friends aka enemies.
      Chude and many other foolish hearts congratulation on second anniversary of your foolish choices.
      “Who is presidency?” Babachir Lawal
      Enjoy your Change.

• Tee

May 29, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Gosh nene shut up!!!

You are one of those that will never let people find a way to progress from their mistakes. You instead prefer to remind them of your percived superiority because you knew better from the onset.
      Omni-knowest.
      Just shut up!

• Epic

May 29, 2017 at 3:05 pm

@nene+ I agree I was very foolish. I thought I was choosing principles over my stomach. It’s okay come 2019 once bitten twice shy

• nene+

May 29, 2017 at 3:36 pm

@tee happy anniversary! Have you repented? Have you acknowledged your mistakes? Okay come take some garri,rice, plantain,red oil,school fees…… the hunger anger is real. Stop ranting apologise to Nigerians .

• nene+

May 29, 2017 at 4:21 pm

@ epic ✌?

• Oh well

May 30, 2017 at 2:31 pm

When you were enjoying from Jonathan, you didn’t care how the rest of Nigerians were suffering. During Jonathan, people enjoyed money but it was still all corruption. Buhari is “anti corruption” while his friends, APC gang party and the rest of northerners enjoy the stolen funds. The money used for Buhari’s victory is all stolen government money. Which way? No way with Jonathan neither Buhari.
      They can both go to hell. No man or woman from either party is worth being a leader right now. They are all connected to corruption one way or the other.

Osinbajo seems decent but he will be bullied by these notorious evil old men who’s been tossing Nigeria around for decades.

A new fresh political party needs to emerge, a new fresh face/ideology and leader is what Nigeria needs at this point.
      Nigerian youths will do the same because many were trained and brought up by the same corrupt mindset.
      Unless, they are reformed, and genuinely want change.

3. Ifeanyi MADUKA

May 29, 2017 at 9:57 am

The preamble dragged a little too long. Crowded out whatever was the meat of the story.

4. tony

May 29, 2017 at 10:01 am

quite unfortunate!!

5. Madman

May 29, 2017 at 10:32 am

Same Chude that was speaking in demonic tongues when he was collecting BILlIoNS from Amaechi and co… God punish Nigerian youths…..

6. Busarni

May 29, 2017 at 10:34 am

Chude; good morning ooh. You just got served. We are all in this together; i hope Nigerian youth put sentiments aside and vote for a better president despite tribal, ethnic and religious affiliations. Buhari was so busy planning to be president that he failed in planning on how to govern…

7. Ajibee

May 29, 2017 at 10:34 am

Great piece Chude! Well written……hope it breaks his heart and he starts making the right decisions and policies

8. Rich Dame

May 29, 2017 at 10:57 am

I can feel Chude’s pain ?????? It isn’t easy. Things fall apart.

9. Boo

May 29, 2017 at 11:18 am

Mr Chude…the chips are finally down abi? You were busy running your mouth on fbk, talking with much assurance that Buhari is the Messiah, even when it was glaring that a leopard doesn’t change its spots. You still went ham on people, insulting people. Now you’re writing an epistle of your disappointment? Dude we’re all in this sh*t together. Next time, thread with caution. People represent alot of things but are actually another thing altogether.

• Segun

May 29, 2017 at 12:19 pm

I think Mr Chude should spare us the sanctimonious posturing and embrace the reality of the purely commercial relationship he had with the denizens of APC (Read: Rotimi Amaechi) which he has now set out to impugn.
      As far as the public is aware, Mr Chude lent his voice and organizational skills to the APC in return for generous pecuniary benefits. Therefore, pretending that his involvement in the campaign was borne of nationalistic, patriotic or altruistic considerations is insulting to all sane Nigerians. Sometimes, a businessman may be personally invested in a product- such a product however remains merely a unit of income for him in the final analysis.
      It was particularly difficult to see the reduction of what was a veritable youth movement into a springboard for the aspirations of an undistinguished geriatric. We shouted ourselves hoarse at the potential of electing a man whose antecedents clearly demonstrated a lack of capacity, empathy and knowhow in managing a country like Nigeria. In the end, we have been proved right on all counts- medical tourism, failure to publicly declare assets, nepotism and ethnocentrism, lethargic indolence etc.
      save us the arrogant “no regrets” mantra and lick your wounds in peace.

10. Dr.N

May 29, 2017 at 12:34 pm

All things are working together for good

11. M

May 29, 2017 at 12:40 pm

What’s this rubbish. I don’t know why you guys keep giving this guy and his partner the platform to spew crap after they joined hands paid, to bring this curse on Nigeria.

• Tare

May 29, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Bros ! God bless you! Chude is just displaying his lack of understanding of Nigerian politics, his immaturity and gross foolishness! He was paid for a job, collected the money chop am clean mouth and now he is coming to sound all remorseful? I have no pity for his ilk! Apologize to the people you abused and to the millions you deceived rather than this crocodile tears in the midst of your plenty! Mtscheewww! Arrant nonsense!

12. Ijebujesha

May 29, 2017 at 12:52 pm

The absolute truth is that Buhari could only have broken two types of heart- the very stupid (Buhari had precedence for Allah’s sake and in fairness to him, he never hid his personality/beliefs) and the very gullible (people who have no mind and brain of their own and can easily succumb to herd mentality). As for the loud-mouth writer of this article, I don’t know the category to place him. You see a man as he is, then you launder him up thoroughly, wear him garment that he has never worn -figuratively colored him with a different personality that isnt his, literally wore him suits that he never wore. You now sell that made-up version of the man to gullible people, luckily for you they fall for it and the man gets the job. Do you expect your made-up person to do the job or the real person..Lol. This guy-Chude seems to be very foolish (forget Englsih, it’s a language like my native Yoruba) but I will just call him ‘the dreamer’. Like I kept saying amidst all the Sai-Baba noise during the 2015 campaigns, dreams are good but the bad thing about dreams is that reality will always overtake dreams, day will always break. In no time, it will be morning and reality will dawn. Good Morning, Sai-Barbarians….

13. tunmi

May 29, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Eehhhh, it happens. I’m glad we are participating actively and not just waiting for a miracle. We have some skin in the game now, and we may end up bruised. But at long as we keep going, we will be alright

14. Marks

May 29, 2017 at 1:11 pm

15. Mama

May 29, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Don’t be heartbroken. We are moving forward in our democracy. We have made huge gains. We voted out a sitting president. Nigerians now know that we have the power. We will get it right.

16. nnenne

May 29, 2017 at 1:21 pm

When people like us, who genuinely loved Nigeria, read history and follow the trends, were writing, we were tagged,”Bribed by PDP.”
    Hope come 2019, Nigerians should vote for individuals, not ethnicity, and religion, in all levels of government.

17. N

May 29, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Can we fix what has been destroyed for 16 years in 2 years. Is Ibadan expressway not better?was the Abuja airport nor fixed in 6 weeks? Are we not now having the railway working? Patience is always the best,soon we have the power to vote so do as you please for now let’s all stop complaining and work for the progress of this country Nigeria.

• Mara

May 29, 2017 at 4:45 pm

I totally agree…

• courage

May 30, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Airport was a personal conviction from the Minister…like what most people have said, let us vote people and not state, tribe and religion

18. Patrick

May 29, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Oh! The naivety of youth. The disappointments ache your heart and shames you, yet I would repeat same mistakes that brought thats shredding your heart and millions of your kind? These people fuel the tragedy that is Nigeria. A people so unashamed is their subhuman existence.

19. bitumen

May 29, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Buhari or someone else just had to win the last election if for nothing else to show than an incumbent can be defeated. Buharis government is an utter failure but chude and others were paid to make him likeable enough to be voted. Millions of other Nigerians were not paid and only banked on the hope of a better government. My own personal verdict is there is no hope. Will be writing a three Parr series soon on why Nigeria’s situation is hopeless and can only be fixed by a radical withtin democratic limits like Thomas sankara did. However such man or woman in Nigeria can’t get there because of occultic tendencies required for power or violence as the likes of funsho Williams or the lack of funds like the kowa woman in the last election. No hope .

• bitumen

May 29, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Thomas sankara was a dictator but he was the greatest African leader ever. Even greater than Mandela. We need someone like that who’s fearless and upright and a visionary.buhari is not a visionary

• ibrahim

May 29, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Sankara in order to achieve this radical transformation of society, he increasingly exerted authoritarian control over the nation, eventually banning unions and a free press, which he believed could stand in the way of his plans. Buhari tried to do the exact same thing but he is labeled a bigot that hates free speech and wants to change Nigeria to a Muslim only country. The bitter truth is no one person can save Nigeria, it takes a collective effort, it would have been easier in the military era for a visionary to rise up and make drastic changes but nowadays gluttons parading as democratic patriots makes it hard for any real change!

20. Ami:

May 29, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Chude, good morning Sir!

21. Mywifeisfiiiiiiiiine

May 29, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Chude, I think it was after Buhari won that you wrote a piece here on bellanaija. My words then still stand today; you and your partner showed us that young people in Nigeria have what it takes. I mean u practically sold a “bad market” to Nigerians and it sold out; big fu##ing deal brother and no one will take that away from you. However, a lot of us will never forgive you guys for selling such a man to Nigerians because of money. You guys were well paid for the job, it was a job and you did it well. What we do not accept is your crocodile tears, you had a chance to choose someone else but you chose a man who had inflicted pain on us as a people when he was head of state. What did you expect? You will not be forgiven by us, but take solace in the fact that God will.

22. Teema

May 29, 2017 at 3:13 pm

????

23. OC

May 29, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Will you shut up! You, then Adebola or whatever his name is and that Omojuwa. Fake activism people. You did not think ahead abi. Nigeria is a failed state what we need is our own Lee Kuan Yew, someone with a plan and a purpose for the total revolution and advancement of the nation. Someone with drive, vision, youth and wisdom. Not effin potential. We have a long way to go. My visions always come to pass and I can see it in the future. A woman will raise Nigeria. It is a woman that will bring us together to fight for our place in the global economy. I don’t know who that woman is but she is coming soon. I tell you. Our tears will turn to joy at long last. We shall be world leaders in alternative energy, bioengineering, agriculture and the creative industry. I can see it. The time is nigh. Maybe 2023, maybe 2027. Or even 2019. She is coming.

• nekky

May 31, 2017 at 5:29 pm

@OC..I think so too. That was exactly came to mind after reading this. and for sometime now, i have been thinking about it. I think a woman is the one that will finally do it for us.

24. NG

May 29, 2017 at 3:54 pm

The scary bit is that African countries generally get issues around leadership wrong again and again. This, despite an abundance of intelligent people in those countries. Or are we of less capacity In intelligence by nature?

That a Buhari with his antecedents, his beliefs and convictions and all of his personality stark in our faces got elected in the belief that, as a whole Woke Soyinka said, he is a born again democrat, scares the fluids all out of me. Do we have natural intelligence deficiencies as a people? Am scared enough that i begin to question me on my beliefs / positions too.

25. Abiola

May 29, 2017 at 4:08 pm

It’s very laughable to read this. Chude anytime I see Buhari in suit I remember you, anytime I see him with those young boys playing together I remember. Well you fool a lot of pple. A lot of blood is in ur hand. Ask Kaduna, ask idp camp, ask shite, ask ipob . Check meningitis, check Lassa fever. For your information Jonathan is better than Buhari THEN and Even now. Sure the money you are paid has been devalued. My company suffer we paid staff without profit. FDI left the nation. Even me that love politics can remember name upto Ten minister bcos they are not active. Osinbajo is taking gentleman steps. Buhari refuse to resign. May God forgive you and other guys Omojuwa and co. I guess your award has suffer too. Pls next time represent urself if you knw ure not deep. Your write up make me remember pains. Bye

• Wendy

May 29, 2017 at 4:21 pm

I was with you until you said GEJ is better than BUhari. Nahh mehn! Nahhh.

• Gej

May 29, 2017 at 10:31 pm

@Wendy
      Jonathan isn’t just better than Buhari, there’s no room for comparison. Buhari defines incompetence mixed with a lot of wickedness. Before you compare them, go and check Jonathan’s first two years in office.
      Jonathan stumbled on presidency with no experience yet he delivered.
      Buhari unseated a civilian government, ruled for a while, came back 30years later, with all the benefit of hindsight, yet he does not know his left from his right.

26. Lou

May 29, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Annnnd this Dear Gentlemen, is the cry of a woman’s heart after she has loved. and lost.
    Sorry..back to regular programming.

27. FifiLa

May 29, 2017 at 7:32 pm

“If that time came again, I would make no other choice, even with everything I know now. With everything I have, and everything I believe and everything I hold dear, I am passionate about the fact that, despite the disappointment you have presented to us, voting what you represented for president was a crucial step in re-making Nigeria, in the long term” How so? Please explain how this will help Nigeria in the long run?

We’re stuck with inglorious fools as leaders!
    Zimbabweans nominating a walking corpse as their president…

Jacob Zuma has sold our country to Indian merchants…

An innocent man being charged for treason for committing a traffic infringement in Zambia…

When will we, the youth of Africa, rise and take charge of our continent?

28. jennietobbie

May 29, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Chude,,,,I feel you. Yes, you fought for what you believed in and the expected outcome did not fall through. I am proud of you for waking all of us up and giving us the power to tilt our country toward a different direction. I supported Buhari and I remember that my father scoffed at my naivety whenever we discussed this issue, citing Buhari’s history and character of governance. Personally, I did not want Jonathan because, personally, he under performed as a President. Obviously, dad was right then with the way things are unfolding today, but if I have to make that choice again, between Jonathan and Buhari, it would still be Buhari. Life is all about lessons and I have learnt this one: character speaks volume and history repeats itself. We will make a better choice next time. Thank you for speaking for all of us…especially Buhari’s supporters.

29. Nunulicious

May 30, 2017 at 2:38 am

Chude I feel your pain joor.
    Thank God for democracy. We’re allowed to change our mind and still do reverse even after changing our mind. Haters, hug transformer.

Uncle Buhari, if you really loved this country like you claim, retire on health grounds and hand over to Osinbajo.

30. Lammy

May 30, 2017 at 4:24 am

I guess a lot of comments here were made with the benefit of hindsight. These guys didn’t force Buhari on us. They merely advertised their product and we all bought it.
    We all knew the dangers inherent in voting Buhari into power but we were all blinded by our determination to vote Jonathan out of office. I would rather put the blame at the door step of our political structure. The two biggest parties produced two grossly incompetent people and we were forced to make a choice.. I would say we did not have any choice at all in 2015. My advice is that we the youths should rise and challenge the status quo by forming our political party and nominate competent hands all the way from the Local government all through to the Presidency.

2019 is offering another chance for us to shape our destiny. It’s just 2 years away…..it’s around the corner. Let’s do the right thing by being proactive rather than whining and ranting. Learn from the past and impact the future.

31. DAME

May 30, 2017 at 9:21 am

Cude i wanted to be mad at you and them Omojuwa and your partner, the other guy in RED…bot like you said it was actually a decision between the devil and the deep blue sea…for me it was anyone but Jonathan…oh the meetings i attended and the arguments i smoothly carried out, the hearts of people i won for Buhari….so when it all came crashing after 6 moths and no reasonable work done up till now….all i can do is say am sorry to the people i made believe Buhari was the messiah but it was any one but Jonathan for me because u had witnessed first hand day to day experience of how Jonathan cohorts were milking the country dry and he didnt have the slightest clue or seem to care…twas anything but a figure head president for me oh but Buhari….you broke my heart…breaking it daily…why can you not be sincere about your health, why can’t you let go of the hurt you hold against other tribes and stop giving positions to all northerners whether they are befitting for the position or not…if i list out all the things i know you should be doing right…it would not help cos you are somewhere in the UK heavily sedated from the drugs…get well soon and come and be going in 2019. odabo

32. Buzz

May 30, 2017 at 1:48 pm

God works in Mysterious ways, Buhari will give way to the President we deserve, Prof Osinbajo

33. Olsan

May 30, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Chude did his job and did it well. Given the opportunity, I would have done the same thing. He didn’t force the hands of Nigerians to vote for Buhari. So many of us were like him as well, we believe(d) in Buhari and in the benefits of an opposition party.

I applaud him for having the brazeness to make make public his views in light of the appalling performance of a government he advocated for. Many Nigerians in his stead would have blindly maintained that Buhari is the saviour even when they know deep within their hearts that it isnt true.

34. Engoz

June 1, 2017 at 8:49 pm

At least you have repented. You have the mental faculty to be introspective and reassess your decisions. I can take you seriously. Both 2015 candidates were abysmal and it was a case of choosing the devil and the deep blue sea.

Now when will the Pro-GEJ PDP youth axis admit to the failures of the Goodluck Jonathan government the way you have done? When will they repent? They have refused to critically assess his government and are hell bent on supporting his terrible leadership. Just take a look at the people GEJ surrounded himself with as advisers. Doyin Okupe always always come to my mind.

I would rather work with a Chude who can reassess his decisions than an unrepentant PDP apologist.