Music

Too Cute! Simi Esiri shares Lovely Photos of her Daughter Sidney as She turns 2

BellaNaija.com

Simi Esiri and her husband Dr Sid took to their respective Instagram pages to celebrate the second birthday of their daughter, Sidney. Simi put up photos of little Sidney and wrote:

Happy 2nd birthday to the light of my world Sidney, my beautiful pure Angel. Words can’t describe how much I love you. May you continue to be a source of joy and a blessing to generations. Thank you for showing me what pure undiluted love looks like. My little bestie is 2! So excited!! ???

Dr Sid put up a cute video of his daughter and wrote:

The most important person in the world to me is a year older today. How time flies Happy Birthday sweetie ?????

See photos below:

BellaNaija - Too Cute! Simi Esiri shares Lovely Photos of her Daughter Sidney as She turns 2 BellaNaija - Too Cute! Simi Esiri shares Lovely Photos of her Daughter Sidney as She turns 2 BellaNaija - Too Cute! Simi Esiri shares Lovely Photos of her Daughter Sidney as She turns 2 BellaNaija - Too Cute! Simi Esiri shares Lovely Photos of her Daughter Sidney as She turns 2 BellaNaija - Too Cute! Simi Esiri shares Lovely Photos of her Daughter Sidney as She turns 2 BellaNaija - Too Cute! Simi Esiri shares Lovely Photos of her Daughter Sidney as She turns 2 BellaNaija - Too Cute! Simi Esiri shares Lovely Photos of her Daughter Sidney as She turns 2

Watch the video below:

Photo Credit: Instagram – @simiesiri/@iamdrsid

1. CuteBut....

May 14, 2017 at 3:23 pm

I sometimes feel sorry for children these days. Having to put up with being put on display for strangers at every opportunity your parents get.

It must be tiring…… I am happy I did not have to go through this as a child. I know parents mean well but…… I think the way we show our children off sometimes is too much.

It makes me worry about their future. Will they grow up to constantly need and crave for the validation and admiration of others? Will they hate themselves when they eventually reach those stages in life/and physical development when they are no longer “so cute”?

I just wonder. Is anyone out there wondering too?

• Mrs chidukane

May 14, 2017 at 4:20 pm

No, you’re quite alone. Say Happy Birthday and keep it moving.

• Anon

May 14, 2017 at 4:35 pm

“I am happy I did not have to go through this as a child.” Was there social media then?

Happy birthday to their daughter.

• californiabawlar

May 14, 2017 at 6:53 pm

But it’s her birthday AND she’s sooooo cute! LOLS.

People will come for you o but your ‘concerns’ are legit. Maybe just not on a birthday post. Living every moment in front of the camera is not natural. My godson started saying NO and stopped smiling in photos and videos after he turned 2. He only corporates on special occasions and even at that, if paparazzi is getting too much he will start grumbling.
      Howeves, even us 80s/90s kids got photoshoots/videos on birthdays and some even have occasional home videos. And even if we didn’t, look how our generation turned out. Still a bunch of narcissistic lot anyways.lol

2. temi

May 14, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Cuteness overload! She has healthy hair. Muaaaaaah kisses

3. MadamYe...

May 14, 2017 at 4:00 pm

This little girl always melts my heart and gets my ovaries twitching. And this is coming from someone who isn’t the biggest fan of kids,…

She’s perfection….

4. Deedee

May 14, 2017 at 4:20 pm

It’s her birthday they can Post abeg. It’s not like they post every second of her life. They love her they are her parents. Everyone is just forming wokeness it’s becoming irritating abeg.

5. mamaisabel

May 15, 2017 at 7:36 am

She looks like granpa Justus.

6. Letty

May 15, 2017 at 9:14 am

Nigerians have a very deep and insatiable need for validation. I love my kids tremendously but xo not desire to put them on display like shiny objects. It’s quite troubling to see the lengths ppl go to do this… Nigerianz in nigeria are just so shallow and grossly attention seeking..

7. Tosin

May 15, 2017 at 9:24 am

eeyaaa, congrats.

8. EbonyFre

May 15, 2017 at 10:34 am

Awww, she’s so pretty. Happy birthday, cutie, God bless you.

Put some clothes on her (first pic)

• dee

May 15, 2017 at 2:42 pm

I totally agree with this. She is so cute pretty but as a mum to a 2yrs old daughter as well, i would have covered up her boob area, too many pervs on social media

9. Nationalsquirrel

May 15, 2017 at 4:50 pm

does the child even know its being put on the net?