Are you talented, creative, and passionate about the Nigerian cultural heritage? Do you have ideas that can improve the social, economic and environmental state of your community?
If your answer is yes, then you just might have what it takes to become the lucky winner of the maiden Bayside Band King & Queen Contest.
Date: Saturday, November 25th, 2017
For years, as one of the five bands of “Africa’s largest street party”, the Calabar Carnival, Bayside Band has encouraged and supported the display of our country’s beautiful cultural heritage to spectators from around the world. This year, Bayside Band, in partnership with United Bank for Africa, will be holding the first ever Bayside Band King and Queen contest in Calabar. The contest is aimed at celebrating the diversity in the Nigerian culture as well as promoting enterprise and entrepreneurship.
Contestants must be 18 – 30 years of age at the time of entry.
Upload a one minute video on Instagram with your presentation following these steps:
- Introduce yourself
- State why you want to be Bayside Band’s King or Queen
- State what positive impact you are willing to make in your immediate community if crowned Queen or King
- Use the hashtags: #BAYSIDEBAND, #BAYSIDEQUEEN or #BAYSIDEKING.
- Tag @baysideband and encourage your friends and family to like the post.
The top 20 contestants (10 male & 10 female) will be admitted into a residency in Calabar on Wednesday, November 22nd, and will undergo extensive training on runway walking, etiquette, dancing, costume design and craft-making in preparation for the televised grand finale on Saturday, November 25th, 2017.
- Finalists will enjoy an all-expense paid trip to Calabar for the Carnival 2017
- Gift bags from our sponsors and partners for the Top 20 finalists
- N1,000,000 (One Million Naira) cash prize for the crowned Bayside King and Queen
- The Bayside King and Queen will go on a royal tour of Nigeria to visit our kings and Emirs
We will stop receiving entries on Saturday, November 18th, 2017. The 20 finalist will be announced on Monday, November 20th, 2017 and will proceed to Calabar for the residency on Wednesday, November 22nd.