Features

BN Confession Box: I Found Love in the Most Unexpected Place

Hi guys, BN Confession Boxis a feature on BellaNaija – curated by Nkem Ndem.

The Confession Box is our virtual confessor’s box where BellaNaijarians can let loose and say their deepest and rawest fears.
These letters are from you, and we’ll ensure that your identity is protected. Everybody needs some form of outlet or the other.
***
Some things are bigger than magic. I am still in shock. Like…there is a God! I don’t even know where to start this story but yesterday, my life was made. My greatest fear that I will be disgraced and lose the love of my life, has vanished completely because his father has just confirmed to me that he will not fight against me marrying his son. We have his blessings.

I know it does not sound like a big deal, a father –in-law giving you blessings to marry his son, but my case is different.

So, when I was in uni, I was foolish. I did small runs with my fellow babes. It was just for fun and the money really. It’s not like I slept with thousands of men. I just saw three different men in total, and my father in law happened to be one of those men. And to be honest, the first day I met his son, who I am now engaged to marry, what attracted me to him was actually how much he looked like his father.  With time, I also found out that he is kind, generous and caring like his father. We are a perfect match.

The day he mentioned who he father was, I was so scared I broke up with him. I was not even dating his father anymore, but I just felt it was not right, but then he kept begging me.

I did not tell him the real reason for the break up, because I did not know what he would think of me. You can’t trust a lover like that. So, I called his father and told him the situation. At first, the man was like ah! I am a good girl for breaking up with him, even paid in some money into my account. But his son refused to give up, he kept chasing me, and me, I also started to love him , so we got back together.

When things got serious and he proposed, I had to contact his father and tell him everything. In my mind I thought the guy will say “over his dead body”, but he asked me to come to his office and see him. That day, I told all my friends where I was going oh, just incase he has evil plans or something like that. At his office, he promised he won’t mention our past and that I must promise him it will stay sealed for life if he gives us his blessing. That is the situation right now. I feel like shouting it to the world.

My star is bright. I am a lucky girl.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime

1. FifiLa

December 10, 2017 at 11:26 pm

“Every sinner has a future and every saint has a past”

2. Ajala & Foodie

December 11, 2017 at 1:04 am

While i hope you are truly fortunate. I will still advice letting the hubby to be know. Unless, this dude has something bigger to lose from the truth being revealed i will be wary. Hope you don’t get married to his son and dude starts holding it over your head. Nevertheless, i wish you the best

• Anony

December 11, 2017 at 1:25 am

Asin eh, the man will just start chopping her on the side.

• Miriachi

February 12, 2018 at 9:11 pm

True

3. ibk

December 11, 2017 at 2:00 am

so, runs girl have even bigger hopes? shey? the old man will ask for what he used to have someday

4. John

December 11, 2017 at 7:16 am

My star is bright. I am a lucky girl….. typical fish brain with the IQ of a stone…I am still suprised she didn’t even shout women power and Go girl

• Tee

December 11, 2017 at 10:36 am

John olodo jatijati…dindinrin langido.

5. Don'tTagMe

December 11, 2017 at 8:01 am

Kaka ko San Lara iya aje e, you will now use gbogbo omo to bi obinrin

6. ajankolokolo

December 11, 2017 at 9:00 am

Prepare to be your father in law’s side piece for the duration of the marriage, until your to-be hubby finds out.

7. Ej

December 11, 2017 at 9:52 am

Haba, what if the man means it, abeg God is good and forgives

8. Serene

December 11, 2017 at 10:16 am

I hope you’re truly lucky. Everyone deserves to be happy

9. ooooopssssss

December 11, 2017 at 10:17 am

Karma karma karma yeh, karma karma karma yeh, smh….you better come clean to your fiance because things like that never stay hidden in the past. A broken engagement is better than a broken marriage.

10. Ghostmode

December 11, 2017 at 10:48 am

Babe please tell the guy abeg! I believe in leaving the past in the past but this is soo close to home! This past won’t stay in the past. Also human beings are funny not telling your hubby puts you at the mercy of your Father in law ! Deal with the issue now!!!!!

11. Eric Bana

December 11, 2017 at 10:57 am

Every girl that has done runz (which appears tone most university girls theses days) should have no complaints when her husband who has worked hard during university to be successful rather than sleep around for money starts cheating on her with a younger generation of university runz girls.

The truth is, it is the females immorality that has ruined the once functional institution of marriage due to their greed.

You feel entitled to sleep around for money from ages 18-25 and then marry a guy that has worked hard in life to have gainful employment, and then expect him to be faithful to you?.

As long as women feel its part of their feminine rights to sleep for money, then the functionality that marriage provides in raising a decent family will slowly erode and will resemble what we see in black america today….

• AceOfSpades

December 11, 2017 at 11:41 am

While you have a point, generalizing women is a bad thing. It is nobody’s fault that one institution has lost its glory and at the same time it is everyone’s fault. If there wasn’t market, there wouldn’t be supply.

If a girl wants to sleep around, let her. If a guy wants to sleep around, let him abeg. When they become broke or childless or lonely or disease stricken or even successful or whatever, you and me won’t be there to share in the sorrow or happiness.

• tunmi

December 11, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Ugh!

I am fascinated at the way you painted whomever they’ll marry as saints. Really I am. As though Yahoo boys, cult boys, rapists and murders don’t also get married.

But to stay on point… If the runs girl marries a faithful “good” guy, good for the both of them. If the “hardworking good guy” decides to cheat and sleep with university girls… That is entirely on him.

Why does it pain you that people who do not live life as you deem they should suffer in some way, shape or form?

12. Frida

December 11, 2017 at 11:21 am

Lucky you! I hope both parties keep their side of the bargain

13. tony

December 11, 2017 at 11:24 am

My dear this very wrong and abomination, get out that relationship now and ask for mercy from God. You wont escape this resultant evil if you continue, then it will be too late, one of you might lose his or her life.

14. fabulous

December 11, 2017 at 11:25 am

For your sake tell your hubby what happened between you and his dad. The truth doesn’t stay hidden forever, one day in a way you wouldn’t expect your fiance will know about it and the repercussions won’t be funny. Moreover, I don’t believe your father in law will let you be, so better you tell his son now. In relationships, don’t withhold an information that can influence your partner’s decision to marry you. Your fiance deserves to know the truth, if he walks out fine. You’ll one day meet someone who’ll love you and stay with you regardless.

15. Yeyeperry

December 11, 2017 at 11:44 am

Wait, sebi you usually watch nollywood movies abi? ehen. If your father in law decides to confess on his deathbed, which may be sooner than you think nko?

If he becomes born again and does restitution nko?

If one of your friends needs quick cash and spills on you to make some nko?

See, the “what if”s are plenty so just tell your fiance and save the world another divorce.

16. Mamamia

December 11, 2017 at 12:48 pm

Too many movie script being played out on BN… U guys need to start validating contents before u post BN. Real life is real.

17. Deleke

December 11, 2017 at 1:28 pm

The man has said it should be a secret and he is happy to give his blessings. so how will she be at his mercy again? What type of father would call his son and say, yo I had a piece of your wife back in the day?

Marry your love and move on, you think u will now tell him and he will just marry you like that? You must be joking.
    The secret is dead and buried, no one is gonna go back to that place again. Even the Baba sef won’t wanna scatter his own family now haba

• slice

December 11, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Thank u. Confess nothing. Don’t surly or dirty your man’s mind with your past

• Nito

December 11, 2017 at 4:09 pm

But you forget that as humans we are all subject to emotions and weakness. A secret is never really safe.

18. zzzzzzzzzzz

December 11, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Lady confess to your fiance and he doesn’t want to be with you no qualms. This does not look like what would stay hidden for long. And who tells you that your father in-law would leave you alone when you become part of the family? He may even use it to blackmail you

19. Aghalibe

December 11, 2017 at 10:07 pm

hehehehe………karma

20. aj

December 12, 2017 at 4:50 am

girl like Americans will say..secure the bag!

21. Tutu

December 18, 2017 at 9:02 am

I have a friend that this happened to. She now has two kids and is happily married. It’s still her little secret. Her husband doesn’t know. If you wanna stay with the guy, don’t tell him.

22. Ade

June 30, 2018 at 10:19 am

The evil done in the past which is not completely cleared has a way of catching up with the doer. Confess to the guy before marriage. Save your future while you still can

23. Elle

June 30, 2018 at 12:20 pm

For all those encouraging her, please o, is that not INCEST? You sleep with father, sleep with son, and you don’t think there will be spiritual consequences on the children born out of such a wedlock? Kontinu. Tutu, I see your comment above, you too continue encouraging evil.

24. Karen

October 3, 2018 at 10:54 am

Oh dear ! That story of yours is epic like a nollywood movie but love wins.Good luck and always trust God He will never fails you