News

Dr. Ibe Kachikwu enmeshed in Certificate Scandal

BellaNaija.com

Minister of state for Petroleum Services Dr. Ibe Kachikwu is enmeshed in a certificate scandal.

According to an investigative report by Premium Times and DUBAWA, Kachikwu’s claim “that he graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, with a first class honours is false,” as his alleged certificate says different.

Kachikwu had in 2016, during the 17th anniversary celebrations of the Commonwealth Of Zion Assembly (COZA) church in Abuja, said that he graduated with a first class in Law from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

In the video, published on YouTube, Kachikwu said:

So, I packed my bag, left the school of medicine and went to read law.

And, I got in there, got a scholarship and became the best student, I had a first class in that institution (UNN).

And then, I left from there to the law school and in the law school, I think just like the pastor said: people encourage you. All my colleagues came and said, we are all here representing our institutions, if you brought a first class from Nsukka you better make it work here where everybody is gathered…. And at the end of the day God was faithful and I made a first class in Law school

…. getting to Harvard – my feeling, as soon as I got into Harvard was – this is a very unique institution, the biggest in the world and basically you must have a 2.1 or first class from your primary institution before they can accept you…

…At the end of our master’s programme, I was the best student; got a Harvard scholarship and I went to do my doctorate and for it; I set what is still a record in Harvard of completing a doctorate in one and half years.”

Watch video below (controversial part starts from 2.40 mark):

Kachikwu’s above claim is also stated on the Ministry of Petroleum Resources’ website.

Premium Times has said that “Kachikwu was economical with the truth as far as his certificate from UNN is concerned.”

The paper stated that a copy of his certificate showed that he graduated with a second class honours (upper division).

See below:

1. Olayanju Bamgbola

October 11, 2018 at 12:51 pm

Would you mind covering my wedding but I don’t have money to pay you

2. Amy

October 11, 2018 at 3:21 pm

May be behind his brain he thinks its first Class he made. It happens sometimes. And he has been carrying it along all this while.

3. Amaka

October 11, 2018 at 3:47 pm

Problem with Nigeria. Bunch of liars and baloney records. Who they are trying to please, I do not know. That’s why all they do is steal to meet up with the JONESES. CRIMINALS! LIARS!! I hope he gets fired for lying about his school report.

4. by_stander

October 11, 2018 at 4:49 pm

A lawyer is “economical” with the truth – tell me something i don’t know.

What i am still trying to figure out however, is why a lawyer makes a good head for Petroleum Services. Do they teach this things in law school?

5. Lade Kwame

October 11, 2018 at 4:52 pm

So what is the point being proved here? That he as not smart or what? Perhaps you should also dig his transcripts….to be sure he didn’t get an a GST102.

6. Modupe

October 11, 2018 at 6:02 pm

At best, an exaggeration. He is not a liar. Perspective, people. After all, he presents his certificates at every appointment screening.
    2:1 is still a big deal and Harvard MSC & Phd are much bigger deal.
    You guys should free the guy. After all his boss only has a secondary school leaving certificate.
    ‘Motivational speaking ’ can be intoxicating. No be CoZA he dey? No be there pastor still dey promise us robust response on his sexcades?

7. lacey

October 11, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Buhari does not have waec certificate but is your president ! How about that? He is also covering as minister for petroleum, so you all should run along and focus on more important problem of Nigeria being the no 1 country in the world, with the highest number of poverty stricken people! Lets think of how to be great again and put pettiness aside !

8. Chinwe

October 11, 2018 at 7:28 pm

What is this??? Well, hope he has a good explanation for this….

9. zzzzzzzzzzz