Check out the brand new single by D’banj  – “Oliver“. We can’t wait to hear the new album, great to hear D’banj experimenting with his sound.

Following the success of the #Enigma competition Mo’Hits Records have decided to give a chance to people with different kinds of talent – Dance, Comedy or anything Entertaining.

To participate simply record a video clip of yourself or your group dancing/jonzing, upload to YouTube and email the link to oliver@mohitsrecords.com

The videos will be judged based on how entertaining they are.
You don’t have to be Michael Jackson..

Prizes
1st: $2500
2nd: $2000
3rd: $1500
4th: $1000
5th: $500

Top 10 entries will be part of the Official Oliver video
Top 50 gets a FREE Koko Mobile Handset

Listen to D’banj – Oliver

Check out the Mo’Hits “entry” for the Oliver contest – Too funny!

Download “Oliver” via the Mo’Hits Website

84 Comments on Mo’Hits Unleashes New D’banj Single “Oliver” | Announces “Oliver” Competition – Download the Track, Upload Your Video, Win $$$$
  • Lucy August 18, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Hmmmm. Ok o. Anyway, 1st??? Yay!!!! :D

• baby flexy August 18, 2011 at 3:06 pm

LMAO just listened to da track couldn’t stop laughing its jokes!!!!!!!!! dis cant be a single surely O_o

• Tess August 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm

What video will i upload now????????????

• http://diaryofsnw.blogspot.com/ August 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I want the koko handset. i heard it is better than Iphone and blackberry :d

• 9ja gal August 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm

….I know you like Trey Songz, even if you no fit sing him songs..I bursted out laffing at that line…LWKMD!

• olajide August 18, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Now dbanj is funnier than most of our so called comedians and do i love the song? yes! did it make me laff? hell yeah!!! thank God the big apple didnt change our dbanj.

• Temi August 18, 2011 at 4:58 pm

This is lovely D’banj will laways make you dance, laugh and you can’t help but love him.

• Someone August 19, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Actually Don Jazzy is the one that make you dance. Minus the singing, the beat is top class.

• MumyZee August 18, 2011 at 5:30 pm

hmnn nice..quite tempting..dbanj toh badt

• kokolette August 18, 2011 at 6:12 pm

ROFLMAO..THIS MAN IS AN ENTERTAINER FOR SHIZZLE..WOW..

• na so August 18, 2011 at 6:40 pm

well he said so he’s an entertainer fo shizzle! and is don jazzy tryna be like hugh hefner whats with the pj dressing? anyways love u guyz so much!

• Anonymous August 18, 2011 at 6:48 pm

too funny!!!

• Pearl August 18, 2011 at 6:58 pm

lmao… boredom @ its peak!

entertaining tho

• Duvy August 18, 2011 at 7:04 pm

wait o.. this kinda sounds like windeck. lol

• Oge August 18, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Aww , I love them! love you Dbanj ohh but Don Jazzy mehn.. you dey trip me well well..shaking that booty like wow!

• babylawyer August 18, 2011 at 8:54 pm

lol!!!!! Don Jazzy looks like Mr. Ibu!!!!!

• mrsdbanjtohbadoh August 18, 2011 at 10:32 pm

hahahahahahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahahahaaaaaa….uv made my day! lolz

• sharpguiz August 18, 2011 at 9:22 pm

mohits u guys r the boooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbb!!

• Ada August 18, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Wait for AMAKA to come here and chat dust about how Mo’hits is losing their authencity..lol. Hater @ it’s peak! :P
    Meanwhile, I like the video..total jokes…Don Jazzy get yansh sha…lmao. :D

• THE AMAKA August 19, 2011 at 12:55 am

and you had to mention me here because? Gosh, I mean, seriously? waiting for me for what? I tire for people like you sef.

and who cares about them doing some video dance contest? how does that change the content of their music? it doesnt, so PLEASE. and since you wanted to go there, I advice you listen to the Oliver song, the lyrics are some of the worst yet.

so you were saying?….

• Missy August 19, 2011 at 9:01 am

like she said.haaaaaaaatttttteeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr…:-)……nohardfeelingsbabes……

• THE AMAKA August 19, 2011 at 5:22 pm

the “hater” thing is sooooo played out. I’m sure you like everything in this world, and if you dont, you are therefore hating, right? please, reason well and stop this baby talk

• Ada August 19, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Lol @ getting ur knickers in a twist! Girl puhleez! If u like write essay from now till chicken grows teeth, it wont change the fact that Mohits is doing well for themselves and progressing. Progression is the most important thing. Folks like u that hide behind the banner of “oh it’ not African”..or..”lyrics doesn’t make sense”….staye there and be waiting for their lyrics to make sense to u while they are smiling to the bank. If want something that “makes sense” go read a book or something.
        U gotta realise it aint about wat ure selling to the public, it’s how it’s delivered to them that is the money!! Some of Fela’s lyrics and content are about women and sleeping with them. Tell how that makes sense? But aint he one of the most recognised artists?
        And ur comment about hating being played out is Bull! Lemme define the word HATING to u:
        If u say…oh I don’t like JayZ’s songs becoz his sound choice and rap style doesn’t appeal to me….that’s not HATING. That’s ur choice and a dislike for his kind of music. Understood.
        But when u now say…..oh I don’t like JayZ becoz his song is useless, he has big lips, is wasting his time and not being a good example….Now my dear that’s HATING!! :P

• Walenchi August 20, 2011 at 12:07 pm

@ amaka, quite agree wit u, the video contest doesnt change d lyrics and d beat of this single…….. the lyrics is jst too raw, looks lik dis guys are jst testing d market wit any rubbish, they are sure we will accept it…… and for the beat, don jazzy could have bin better on dis.

• krys August 20, 2011 at 7:07 pm

totally agree with amaka, they are trying to divert our attention from this crappy music with the competitions

• THE AMAKA August 19, 2011 at 8:14 pm

you are the one that brought me up, so what is your issue now? and i will stick to what i said and i will say it again, they are losing their authenticity. i really dont care how much money they have. i forgot, this is Nigeria and the Nigerian mentality that money talks and bullshit walks. mtchewww, anyway. what should i have expected? LOL
      and your definition of hating does not apply to me, sorry. if anything it fits my OPINION. get over yourself, jeez

• Bukky August 20, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Does ,’The Amaka’ have to like everything she hears?You were the one that was immature and brought up her name.Since you love the video and song, why dont you enjoy it and stop worrying yourself over those who dont like it. Plus una no dey tire for the word “hater”.

• Funmie August 19, 2011 at 12:59 am

i LOVE it

• Ms Ivoire August 19, 2011 at 4:36 am

Lol!!! this is hilarious…this guys r truly entertaining. I love the song too.

• wale August 19, 2011 at 7:22 am

wale enzo edit of oliver, enjoy guys ;)

• ugowoundo August 19, 2011 at 8:45 am

chai…this jam de mess up my brain….i’m feeling you from Qatar……The world ain’t ready for us yet….before them sabi …we don move….

• Tyna August 19, 2011 at 8:49 am

funny but interesting and entertaining, naija go gbadu dis one. im mo’hits number one fan.

• Missy August 19, 2011 at 9:02 am

nice song…..doesn’t make sense…not sure it is supposed to, guess its just for fun and spot on on that!…..weldone entertainers!!!…..just keep it clean!!

• monalisa August 19, 2011 at 9:13 am

lol! u guys r soo funny!

• mimilavander August 19, 2011 at 9:49 am

ADA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO u ve killed me lmfao about “Wait for AMAKA to come here and chat dust about how Mo’hits is losing their authencity”…………….FUNNY VIDEO…LOVE MO HITS FOR HAVING TIME TO DO DIS…DON J HAS A SEXY ASS,D BANJ WITHOUT HIS HEAD LOOKS LIKE A COCONUT CARRYING LEAVE WEARING BABE………………..

• Shakara August 19, 2011 at 9:52 am

4ny no doubt, quite entertaining. Really living up 2ur entertainer name, but so utterly meaningless. Cant classify dis as a song or music.

• ruzy August 19, 2011 at 10:27 am

tears ran down my hears….hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahah…wat is this oooooooo

• Truth Teller August 19, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Entertainment at it’s peak! mhen, I have to give it to D’bang n Don J! hilarious video, especially when the funny dude with the red purse(or whatever it was) passed infront of them two…fantastic!

• Truth Teller August 19, 2011 at 12:05 pm

*D’banj*

• Nike August 19, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Dbanj and Mohits don’t take themselves seriously. They obviously like to have fun. This is really funny, it def made me laugh. So……some people need to take a chill pill and just enjoy the music for what it is and not worry at all about the lyrics!
    Welldone Dbanj! Me likeyyy

• olatomi August 19, 2011 at 1:58 pm

i like OMOTOLA cos ppl lyk her….LMAO!

• tomiwa August 19, 2011 at 2:36 pm

but y are they all wearing shades inside the house is it now a law that we must never s this MO HITS artistes face

• jd August 19, 2011 at 2:46 pm

mo-hitttsss….these guys are crazy….LAUGH Wan Kill Me Die !!

• jd August 19, 2011 at 2:48 pm

they look like four blind men!! really entertaining tho.

• robbyd August 19, 2011 at 2:52 pm

oh God this is so funny, mohits are really entertainers, nearly laffed my heart out when i saw don j shaing his rumper,lol…good one guys

• Emme August 19, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Love the Mo Hits video… too much fun.

• ----- August 19, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Haha this is funny. I like how they are owning their celebrity status and just chilling. Their place is pretty neat, nice speakers…
    But they should have just said that if you are in the bottom 40 of the top 50 you are on your own..lol..Koko mobile? As if

• Someone August 19, 2011 at 4:49 pm

The fact that you like D’banj does not mean you stop other people from saying their own mind. The beat is top class but the lyric is not just up to it. D’banj need to hire a song writer if he cannot write good stuff. Stop using the tag “I am an entertainer” as an excuse. 2face, Asa, P Square, Timi Dakolo etc are entertainers but their lyrics are very rich. No one dance 24/7, there are times you want to relax listening to your favorite artist. D’banj need to improve on content. You have one of the best producer in the game, you need to compliment his beats with better lyrics. If giving my opinion makes me a “hater” so be it.

• AJCiti August 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I can agree with you on this. I love the beat and the song is fun but the lyrics don’t make any sense at all. Anyways, I’m still contemplating entering the dancing competition :-p

• Someone August 19, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Enter the competition and you may be $2,500 richer. All the best. And don’t forget to send the video for preview before final submission. lol

• Kémi Penélopê August 20, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Part of my Tuition money…

• Peep August 19, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Criticism is the cheapest form of intelligence… constructive criticism however goes beyond stating the obvious…. I’m indifferent towards Dbanj and the rest of their music… But to sit and say why something is bad and questioning why it is not a certain way on a blog that I’m not sure will relay your thoughts to the music producers or singers is quite unproductive.. Well hopefully they (or their reps) will visit this website to see the thoughts of people and readjust (cos I’m sure they have too many online resources to keep up with), …. But on the whole…. It may be better for you to write to the music producers or singers…. or on their blogs or walls on facebook to offer your opinion. With that said, this is not even directed at Someone. Its just that if your comments haven’t offered “any” suggestions whatsoever but pulled down the work of the artist in question, you may want to consider commenting in a way that will be helpful to the artist or producer… Also think about if you were on the other side, and you were the one being pulled down or lashed at (for example, saying ” you are just rubbish, you are just saying rubbish” you dont make sense etc…. that wouldn’t help) … you would at least want some substantial comment to know what areas to adjust in….

• Patrick August 19, 2011 at 6:59 pm

This is very cool..

• Ada August 19, 2011 at 8:02 pm

@ Someone…Ehen…AMAKA needs to come and learn from u. This right here is not hating. Y ou are merely pointing something u feel he should improve on and thats how u feel. And it is well put.
    My point is Amaka comes and abuses the whole thing like they took child support from her. My point is no one says oh u shouldn’t dislike Mohits or their supposed success but be constructive about it.

• Demmy August 19, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I’ve seen this since morning but I didn’t want to post anything until I heard the song. I heard it this evening and I was laughing and dancing at the same time. I think when he says I know u like trey songz but u no fit sing his song is really funny and when he says I like geneveive, I think she’s so sweet is really nice. :)

• B1 August 20, 2011 at 12:08 am

Dbanj, Don Jazzy n d entire Mohit crew are hilarious. The video just puts u in a lighter mood. Life is too short 4 24hrs of forming. I just luv d humble disposition and it has really paid of for Mohits. I think its ingenious 2 keep reinventing their art and endearing themselves to their fans.

• tweety August 20, 2011 at 10:00 am

hehehe…. *smh* I like this, it shows them as a unit again. puts to bed all those rumours about wande splitiing and all that. song is not bad, lol! I mean its the normal dbanj playful unseriousness. though dbanj is experimenting with his sound I must admit..

• jezz August 20, 2011 at 10:18 am

D lyrics necessarily don’t hv to make sense, it’s a fun song. Just like Bruno Mar’s Lazy song. Haters get a life plsn
    And Amaka, face front abeg, all u do is criticize, criticize, and criticize!!! I can barely rmbr a comment u dropped that wasn’t hateful…well, except when it’s Genevieve. Get a grip on urself abeg!.

• Purple August 20, 2011 at 11:10 am

LOL… I think this is a good Corporate Philanthrophy it looks good on their reputation in terms of offering goodies for competition. I am yet to listen to the song but seen the vidoe and the dance looks cool and funny. I like it, I like when people are just down to earth and cool..

Dude of MOHITS, carry on doing ur thing, a good CPR will only improve ur reputation and attract investors, raise awarness and stand out..

SO YES.. AM done now.. lol.

• cool August 20, 2011 at 12:52 pm

@Someone……It’s very simple,if ur so so interested in lyrics then go and buy either
    2face,Asa and whoever u listed above.Who told u evryone thinks Asa’s lyrics are always on point?
    Who told u 2face gets his lyrics right all the time?U can’t av everything!Ppl av different moods…U
    keep emphasizing on lyrics all the time!Must we all sit in the corner
    of our rooms and play 2face’s music or Asa or whoever?There’s no artist
    who has evrything!Tuface may be regarded as alyrical talent to an extent
    but D’banj is an undisputed entertaining talent not forgetting that he’s one of the
    very few who can play a musical instrument excellently well,so pls u can’t have it all.There
    are so so many other popular artists in Naija who don’t have good lyrics so wots wiv the noise
    abt D’banj??He can be rated at least average when it comes to lyrics so quit
    the so called advice u have given ‘ere.Does Implication by 2face make any single
    sense whatsoever?One of his(2face) lines in ‘Only me’ which states that ‘personality e no matter at all’,does that
    make any sense too?Abegiiii,free D’banj and go and sleep.

• THE AMAKA August 20, 2011 at 3:45 pm

well, incase you hadn’t noticed, the post that we are all commenting on is about D’BANJ and Mo’Hits, why should she start mentioning other artists when she is specifically talking about D’banj?

• Jatropha August 20, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Only the beat will make you dance.Mooooooooooohitttttttttt Bravo!!!!

• DUVIE August 20, 2011 at 9:06 pm

to those of u looking out for good lyrics or punchlines from d’banj, really tho, like u serzly still dunoe the kokomaster’s style of music. he’s not a rapper now so abeg, free him. I like the beat as usual cuz oh my dayz, it’s a don jazzy beat! it’s just the ill and as for d’banj, i love his bodayyyyy! the vid for the oliver twist dance competition is all sorts of hilarious. And d whole dance competition thingy, its good. A very nice and interesting way to return a little to the society and also raise talents as well. For what it’s worth, more grease to ur elbow mohits….don jazzy, please note that i’m ur fan till d very end. btw, i love dr sid’s alanta :)

• quidboy August 20, 2011 at 9:28 pm

y u shakky shakky bombom…wen u knw say u knw getty bombom

• Purpleicious Babe August 20, 2011 at 10:36 pm

i think what we need to understand is that there is a market for each song that is released by artists. I don’t think anyone should critic the lyrics becos he has a target market he is singing for. If you u think the lyrics is not ur style then say it or better still do not listen to the song..

I like the beats, the chorus is interesting though.

Note: It is the lyrics that also played a key part in making him famous.. so allow him, he has a market he is catering for and let him be him..

STOP CRITICIZING HIM AND SUGGESTING HE SHOULD CHANGE HIS STYLE OF MUSIC, HE KNOWS THE MARKET MORE THAN U DO, AND AM SURE WHEN HE IS READY FOR SOMETHING NEW, HE KNOWS HIS CONTACTS……

P.S. Constructive criticism is different from pure unintelligent negative criticism.. so please try to provide an idea with love or at least let the love flow from the comment.

Yeah.. am done now.. lol.

• Kelly Weezl August 20, 2011 at 11:29 pm

LWKMD4H…. Love the song.. Can’t wait for the main vid

• ennovY August 21, 2011 at 12:17 am

it’s obviously meant to be a funny song so go easy on it..not all songs are meant to be depressing or about something serious..it’s ok to have fun..so just take it at face value and laugh..or not

• ennovY August 21, 2011 at 12:27 am

on another note, I’d like to think everyone who listens to music a lot knows by now the type of songs to expect from artists..so a song from D’Banj is almost always something fun..that’s why there are various artists..what you feel D’Banj doesn’t bring to the table will be put there by someone else..simple as that..have a great weekend everyone and smile.

• Olivia August 21, 2011 at 2:36 am

Its a free world. All comments welcome. This is the price of free enterprise and freedom of speech…the other coin of your right to say with all your heart ‘I love my mother’ is that you must be able to respectfully listen (not necessarily agree) when someone else screams at the top of their lungs: “I hate your mother”. THE AMAKA and Ada, air ur views jare, we all have a voice and we MUST all be heard!!!

• lipglossmaffia August 21, 2011 at 3:50 pm

im patiently waitin 4 d video,nice beat though

• ojaybaby August 22, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Bellanaija please is the competition only limited to UK participants?

• AdaAda August 22, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I don’t like the song. The end!

• Ijeoma August 24, 2011 at 3:33 am

this song is stupid at best

• Foxtrot August 24, 2011 at 4:19 pm

What a stupid song with absolutely ridiculous lyrics. I cant understand why Dbanj cant take himself a bit more seriously!!!

• Foxtrot August 24, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Really stupid lyrics. Its almost like he was just singing out anythign that came to his mind. Just pure rubbish. A nice beat wasted on rubbish lyrics

• Raze August 29, 2011 at 9:14 am

Hey y’all! Please check out this version! E make sense diiiiiie! LMAO!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MprQPsp7Y

• Olufex August 30, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I love D’banj songs n Mo’hits group

• snazzy aka omoza September 22, 2011 at 8:15 pm

dbanj u 2 gbaski.don j notin do u.

• Supreme. November 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Emm I like the beat cus it is very hot, but the lyrics is not making good sense but the rymes is good.