Persistence Pays! Bev & Tam’s Sweet Love Story & Pre-Wedding Shoot

Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-31 Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-22Beverly and Tammy‘s love progressed gradually, strangers became friends, friends became best friends and then lovers.

Bev and Tam have had their court wedding, while their traditional and church weddings are coming up soon.

Here’s their story!

~ Photography: Happy Benson Pixels

How We Met
From the Groom, Tammy
The day I’ll never forget, 25th January 2014. My cousin came to pay me visit and we were just talking about different things, life , friends etc. After a few hours her phone rang and I saw a picture of the person calling named Beverly and in my mind I was like “Wow this girl is stunning”, I had to beg my cousin to introduce us as friends but she kept saying “Oga don’t bother you’re not her type”. As soon she said that I smiled and insisted that I just wanted to be a friend and that was all and afterwards she gave me the number.
Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-24Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-34The next day on January 26th 2014 I gave her friend a call and formally introduced myself as Tammy Karibo. The first question she asked was “please who is this and who did you get my number from?” I had to explain in details how I got her number because at that point she wanted to hang up on me. Lol. After I sensed she was a bit relaxed we started talking about different things ranging from school to sports, etc. I made her laugh and she felt comfortable talking to me.Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-3 Before I ended the conversation she hinted me by saying “Please don’t be calling me everyday, you can call but not everyday”. I laughed so hard and respected her word.

As days went by our talking increased from two to four times a week and then everyday. We became so fond of each other and so close as friends. We talked about everything and continuously prayed as friends about finding that special person for one another, without knowing we would be getting married to each other one day…and today I’m so happy to be getting married to my best friend.Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-7

It was the 18th of June, 2015.

Prior to that, I had told all her sisters about my intentions. So we cooked up a plan. I called the Spice Route Restaurant in Port Harcourt, to set up a Sea food buffet dinner for guests. We set the time for 7pm. I told Beverly we were just going to hang out with her sisters, which we occasionally did, so she did not suspect a thing.Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-39I picked her up at 6pm. My mum, in anticipation and excitement because she already knew, almost blew my cover because she kept calling. At a point I had to turn off my phone. We got to the venue. You see, Bev loves ice cream with cookies and cream. So I ordered this for her only, just for desert and the ring was hid in the ice cream bowl. How smart of me!!Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-59Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-60Time for dessert came. I was as nervous and shaky as a wet a cold duck. She started taking the ice cream on teaspoon at a time from the bowl. Inside me, I was like “hurry up, before I collapse here out of nervousness”. Suddenly, she made a sound and spat something onto her hand, and threw it away, in fear, thinking it was a roach.

Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-48I knew that was the ring she threw away and went looking for it somewhere under the sofas at the restaurant. Found it and took a knee. I could see she was still in shock, thinking she had chewed on a roach. And I said these words, although she could hardly hear what I was saying; “you have given me peace, love and happiness. Nothing can compare to you’. Will you marry me?” I had to ask that three times, before she caught her breath and said ‘YES’.Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-28She went on Facebook and wrote these words;

Every moment spent with you is like a beautiful dream come true
My favorite place to be is inside of your hugs
Where it’s warm and loving.
I love you
Kiss me and you shall see stars
Love me and I’ll give them to you
I love you with everything I am,
And more than anyone ever thought possible
And with all the life in me,
I said a big YES to the man of my dreams

Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_bevtam-50

Court Wedding
Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_IMG_0690 Beverly and Tammy_Pre Wedding Shoot_Happy Benson Pixels_IMG_0687

Props: The Party Villa
Makeup: Ask Onyeka Beauty
Outfits: Esosa Stores
Photography: Happy Benson Pixels

54 Comments on Persistence Pays! Bev & Tam’s Sweet Love Story & Pre-Wedding Shoot
  • ACE March 12, 2016 at 11:05 am

Nice! Can’t wait for full pics of the wedding proper

• HerExcellence March 12, 2016 at 11:11 am

Lovely. U both are cute for days
    …Oluwa plz provide me a boo.

• Johnny March 12, 2016 at 11:20 am

Hilarious proposal story Karibs…. HML mate… happy for you man…

• Mr. Egghead March 12, 2016 at 11:30 am

This idea of “getting a girl’s number from her friend and cold-calling her” has never worked for me.
    The wall of ego and hubris they put up is higher than Donald Trump’s wall.

| ‘You can call but not everyday.’
    See how she codedly gave him the greenlight. One stupid girl (yes she is stupid) who I tried to treat like a lady always made it seem like I was bothering her life with calls – even though I never call more than once a week. Another one has never even bothered to initiate a call. Even a text msg is too expensive for her. The only time she has initiated contact was when I told her I was never going to call her again.
    Suprisingly, all my successes have come when I just “flash the cash” in the girl’s face, But “chop-and-clean mouth” is no way to find a life partner.

Congrats to Tammy and Bev. I hope they fall into a well of abundant happiness

• Nani March 12, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Talk to GOD about your heart’s desires, HE listens.

• Amaka March 12, 2016 at 3:14 pm

@egghead, I pray God connects you with your own proper person. Sometimes men meet the wrong person. I am a woman. If a woman likes you, she may do some posing initially but will give you that green light. It’s tough for a woman to keep playing hard to get if she can’t even get her emotions off you. Those ones you say are proud don’t want a relationship. Can you also put yourself in their position. Have you met a lady you don’t want to spend the rest of your life with? If you are a good man with the fear of God who does not want to chop and clean mouth, you will somehow give her clues just so she can move forward. In that case, you are therefore better than those wicked men who eventually hurt the lady after years. Ladies and Gentlemen, let us appreciate those who show their lack of interest initially. A man can still stay around just to be certain the lady is trying not to appear cheap , but if the girl resents you,you better run forward before she leaves you for her own.

• jefni March 12, 2016 at 4:24 pm

lol! I know what you mean @Egghead. and you wont blame us girls. Some of us have never even had a guy dote on us so we have no idea what it should feel like.

meanwhile you sound like an interesting person. like to chat maybe?

• Nkechi March 12, 2016 at 11:29 pm

@jefni, that route can open you up to users. Please don’t tell any guy you have never had a guy dote on you. Don’t lie but you can withhold privileged information. Some wicked man could take advantage. May God send the right one who will dote on you for real.

• Kiiki March 12, 2016 at 4:38 pm

@Mr. Egghead though. Lol.

Keep praying. You’d find the right one for you.

• Chioma March 13, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Mr.Egghead, I’m single and I’m asking you out for a date. Please contact me on BN please try and publish my comment. Thank you

• Mimi March 19, 2016 at 1:48 am

but what if they don’t want to date you and are GENUINELY bothered about your calls? they aren’t obligated to pick up are they?. best to just shake the dust from your shoes (is that how the saying goes?) and keep on walking

• Ebony May 13, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Mr. Egghead they are called signs, so you don’t have to call anyone stupid. If she was feeling you too, she will take your call and initiate calls too. Who knows maybe you are boring, lol. But someone will love you like that. You’ll be perfect for her. Her dream man. No need insulting people who aren’t feeling you

• Tee March 12, 2016 at 11:36 am

Got no clue who you are yet, but pleeaassee don’t put the ring in my ice-cream! O dangerous. Lol. Congrats lovely couple ?

• ElessarisElendil March 12, 2016 at 5:02 pm

You read my mind. Shocked its yet to end in tragedy.

• Awww March 12, 2016 at 11:39 am

Awww, Such a beautiful story

• keke driver March 12, 2016 at 11:42 am

O My! She’s so pretty……Lucky guy

• Rer March 12, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Awww dey look so good… between I need to start uploading my fine pics o, u just can never tell where love will find you. *sobs*

• glow March 12, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Pozdravlyayu Karibo! May God bless your home.

• Fabulous B March 12, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Laughed at the roach in the ice cream. She threw the ring away, thinking it’s roach. The part where he was looking for the ring, it’s as if I can see him searching for it and me laughing at him.
    I also like that it’s the groom that gave us the gist. Thanks Tammy, for treating this woman well. God Bless your Marriage. Enjoy the upcoming wedding celebrations

• Abimbola March 12, 2016 at 12:40 pm

• bb March 12, 2016 at 12:48 pm

I am so happy – an IJAW Couple – Bonny meets Kalabari – wishing you both the best marriage – may laughter and joy be your constant companions. – michelle send me my invite…….winks..

• jhennique March 12, 2016 at 4:19 pm

must you pple bring tribe into everything?

• jade March 13, 2016 at 10:43 pm

People that are sensitive to the mention of tribe are truly tribalist themselves. Nothing wrong with saying Edo, yoruba, igbo or ijaw. Shes happy to see an ijaw couple, what is wrong with that? its okay to appreciate.

• bb May 18, 2016 at 5:06 pm

My dear I know the bride plus the hustle is real for us minority people… when your small, the rate of inter marriage is so high that the culture is about to die. So I am happy when some of us can find love amongst ourselves.. you take it for granted when you have numbers…

• Thelma March 12, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Opobo meets Kalabari rather!

• bb May 18, 2016 at 5:03 pm

I know them they are bonny people..

• TITI DAYI March 12, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Just abt perfect!!!.
    Not everyone can make those transition(friend-best friend -lovers) and still hv dome thing to hold on to.

• TITI DAYI March 12, 2016 at 1:09 pm

• Suwa March 12, 2016 at 1:22 pm

Dear Lord, please I need a boyfriend… congrats Bev and Tam

• miamia March 12, 2016 at 1:55 pm

This was hilarious ! What a way to start my day !!! ? May God bless their union. I’ve given a guy I like the green light it’s up to him to do the chasing ?

• jbaby March 12, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Lovely couple,God send me my own bae plsss

• Toki March 12, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Congrats bro. Wish you guys all the best.

• Bellemoizelle March 12, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Congrats to them!! They are so beautiful….
    La vie est belle….

• Glory March 12, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Dear Lord! Mr Egghead did you just type that you didn’t call a girl you supposedly seem to think you are ‘treating like a lady’ more than once a week. Me thinks that her issue was that you didn’t bother her with enough calls, EVERY girl wants attention you know especially when you claim to care.

• ElessarisElendil March 12, 2016 at 5:03 pm

She wants attention but can’t give attention…………..surely you see the problem there.

• ElessarisElendil March 12, 2016 at 5:04 pm

That is one elegant looking lady.

• Žainab Adeyemi March 12, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Interesting! God Helper of all. Provide for the Single and seriously searching people o

• X-Factor March 12, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

• Baby gurl March 12, 2016 at 5:51 pm

I’ve known Bev from our days in CU. She is close friends with a friend of mine. Not only is she beautiful on the outside but she also has a genuinely lovely and lively heart. Tammy is a lucky man. HML to these two!

• Ebi March 12, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Beautiful couple, congrats to d both of dem,
    dis is y I kip telling my friends dat if any better guy ask 4 my number, give am oooo, make de help my market

• Debee! March 12, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Dear Lord I’m tired o getting hurt,I’ve ha enough so pls send me my perfect man. Amen. Congratulations guys, lovely couple.

• Joi March 12, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Their story sounds so real and natural.they look so good together,God bless your union Bev and Tam! Oh she so much looks like my friend in Abuja

• spring March 13, 2016 at 6:47 am

Ok, I am genuinely curious: they met in 2014 and from their looks, they probably weren’t too young at the time (marriage age)….. so how were they just seeing each other as friends and praying for one another to find their life partner?. Am i missing something? whenever i get a call from a new guy, i start to consider him as a potential partner or spouse; does this mean I am too hasty in having such thoughts? Btw, they are two gorgeous people who seem to really love each other, wishing them all the very best

• jane March 13, 2016 at 9:50 am

Dear God,… please send mr right… am ready O’Lord… the bride and groom so cute..

• Franks March 13, 2016 at 11:17 am

Beautiful couple…wishing them a happy married life filled with joy and blessings.

# Relationships are just confusing I must say; u genuinely love a woman and do all you can just to ensure all’s well and she’s happy. It turns out you are not appreciated, never called…no communication and always tells you “nothing or I don’t know” when you try to initiate a conversation. I’m just fed up…better to be alone I guess#

• changing Moniker March 13, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Congratulations Beverly!!
    You look so beautiful..gorgeous skin and physique.
    Tammy you found a beautiful woman, inside and out.
    Happy married life guys.

• maamek March 15, 2016 at 11:57 am

such a beautiful story….dear lord please pick up my call….33 and still single is a serious issue oooo eh?(work, but how i for do..all these fake guys in church and outside church,,lol…my friends have to attach my pix to my contacts too …hahhahahah…happy married life and God bless your home.

• Ama Ghana March 16, 2016 at 12:48 am

Worry not, your time will come. I feel you on the “fake guys in church part” ahba! Its too much.

• Ethel March 15, 2016 at 1:58 pm

lol @ Tee… i actually thought we have passed the era of “putting d ring in her ice-cream”…. wish u two a blessed marital Life……

• Ebony May 13, 2016 at 12:13 pm

My friends, please save my contact with my fine pictures o.
    Please who started this hiding ring in ice-cream thing?
    Your woman loves ice-cream and you hide a ring there? What if she downs it. Lol
    Lmao. She threw it away. Yay!!! Haha
    Ahn ahn did they come from PH to Lagos for the famous Ikoyi reg photo background

• max May 17, 2016 at 9:20 am

Lovely couple

• perppy May 26, 2016 at 5:09 pm

i love this couple and their love story is quite interesting