Features

FRIDAY TRACK: Sisi Eko…your baffs ‘r rather tantalicious!

Kilon Sparkles!

The good Lord knows I love a good bargain. The truth is as much as I loved my first-ever designer purchases – ’97 Moschino jeans (remember the original skinny rude boy white jeans?) and my Versace silk goddess shirt a la Big Poppa – these days I derive immeasurable pleasures from bending down to select my N2, 000 ankara from the back of the seller’s car. I’ve always said it’s a good thing you can’t haggle at a retail outlet because I’m the type to try and get £49 off a £249 vintage pair of Patrick Cox wannabes.

I take my cheapo bargains very seriously. In oyinbo language, I guess you can jazz this up and say I’m the ultimate ‘Sale’ hunter – I always know when they are on from Harrods to Milan to Paris. I might not go o but I know it’s happening somewhere. I once did a road trip 2 hours outside Birmingham to buy a Burberry Mac in some dingy warehouse type market. Oh and how could I forget the time when I waited for a pair of loafers to get reduced from £50 till £7.99 before I handed my tenner over. Az in, you know, I mean….its operation ‘it-may-be-out-of-season-but-ima rock-it, inn’it!

So you can tell I belong in the market more than the high street. At one point in my life, Portobello and Camden Market were a weekly routine.

In Lagos at the moment, some creative people are redefining how we waste money on weekends. Before before, money at weekends kinda ended up by the sharwama grills at the original Mega Plaza then along came Silverbird then the Palms but now it’s the fantabulously random Sunday fashion ‘markets’.

You know those ones where ‘designers’ sell their glorified tailor pieces on plastic rectangular tables. The ones were retailers have this whole face-me-I-face-you situation going on and there’s ‘cloth’ everywhere; how shoppers actually find anything amongst the clutter still beats me. From fake Gucci belts to Toy Watches with dust on its boxes to Cupcakes, it’s all jumpin jumpin’ like Destiny Child!

Between the ‘Laparifashion marche’ to ‘Con’fusion to ‘Buy-yourself-yet-another-ankara-dress’, the list is endless. Chances are you’ll be invited to attend one this weekend.

What I don’t understand and quite frankly perplexes me at these fairs are the girls who attend. What is up with the clothes these girls think it’s appropriate to go shopping in?

Please remember that most of these fairs take place on Sundays yet there is a no regard for the holy day – Jesus needs to take this wheel or better still their heels.

I overheard one girl asking the other – did you go to church today? In her ankara booty shorts, she replied “yeah, I did, it was really a good service, the pastor was really connecting…”, first I was confused with what “connecting” could possibly mean then I thought well if you looked like that, of course, your pastor will weed you out for a one-on-one prayer counsel.

Some of the girls were rocking micro miniskirts with 5 inch heels – to a market?????! Is it a market or a job interview at Sanusi? It’s like some just didn’t get the memo, like someone announced a few minutes before they left their homes that there’ll be a nightclub under the table of the guy selling makeup. Seriously will you wear stilettos to Oshodi Market?

Since I was there I decided to observe further, I also noticed that these fashionistas were not actually buying anything. That clutch bag she’s holding probably has little more than a cab fare from VI to Onikan in it.

They are like these bored overdressed wanderers moving from one badly labelled stall to the other in hope that a glossy fashion magazine photographer will ask for their picture. And when they get their wish; the girls bring on the sacha fierce with hands on hips, twirls, Naomi walk, Marilyn eye-batting, leg crossing all of that.

But on a serious note, some girls really need to learn how to dress appropriately for occasions – forget fairs for a minute, I have seen girls on Adeniran Ogunsanya trying to hail a taxi in broad day light in their full J-Lo in her Love- Don’t-Cost-a-Thing-days getup – short shorts, gold halter necks, diamante belts, big sunshades, big hair, chains and rings.

And especially since the renaissance of the Ankara and the day-to-day bid to outdo the next girl with what you can do with your material – the dresses are getting shorter and wackier by the minute. I tell you, iro and buba has never deserved more of a comeback than right now.

This week’s Friday Track is Mickey Factz and his massive hit “Paradise”.

Enjoy!

1. Iya2

November 5, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Will you marry me?
    No really you are just so refreshing …. and you make my Fridays!
    God Bless you and have a fabulous weekend

• coy introvert

November 5, 2010 at 11:16 pm

my dear, I think we would have to fight over bobo omotayo! Lol! he’z just too good

• mii2

November 6, 2010 at 12:33 am

I 2nd that.

“… the pastor was really connecting…”, that got mi 2 4 a minute. I thought I was the only 1 who noticed this trend.

• Karen

November 6, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Big up homeboi!

2. yhurmie

November 5, 2010 at 8:12 pm

L.O.L…but warrahell, dis is lagos and wit sites like bellanaija encouraging ‘fashionistas’, babes never kno when d next photo opp gonna come along so best to keep it “jumpin jumpin’ like Destiny Child! Eko 4 show…

3. ttyl

November 5, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Lol..couldn’t stop laughing ur too right!

4. redvelvet

November 5, 2010 at 8:34 pm

some parts of this write up are funny but i dont understand why the writer is angry??
    people should be allowed to dress as they please. i mean just because its not a ‘party’ doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wear heels & look good! even though some people clearly over-dress to these events.
    + the pastor part was off- point too!

• olawunmi

November 6, 2010 at 2:34 am

he’s not saying people arent allowed to dress and look good, he’s saying there are certain ways to dress which correspond with the situation, if a girl spends all her live in heels and ridiculously short skirts and reveling tops, she definitely lacks class and is an attention whore. One can look really good in casual clothes and flats, some women just need to get that.

• Adeola

November 6, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Nne abeg…..right things at the right time
      just note, clothes make the man, NAKED people have little or no influence in the society …….
      the joke is half of all the babes in naija are wanna bes, plastic and whats the word i am looking for ermmmm air heads …i am a babe and naija babes make me cringe sometime. Jog on mate!

• rose

November 7, 2010 at 10:44 am

exactly what i was thinking. bet all these pple hating on others r just bores with nothing 2 do but critisize others lifestyle. so wha if people decide 2 live a certain lifestyle and dress a certain way, it bad because it does not conform to their views or dresscodes. plz i love my 5 inch heels and designer cl0thes and u know what, i deserve 2 wear it coz i worked 4 it. if i wear them 2 marked or 2 a party whose business is it, after all who made the dress code? if u do not like it do not go on bella naihja. after all, they r d same people that criticise but logon when a new post comes on, kmt

• Ready

November 10, 2010 at 9:21 am

Boo, why so defensive? I didn’t understand much of what you wrote..’specially the last part but I got the point…I think. No one is forbidding you from wearing your 5 inch heels and whatever unmentionables. And while there is no dress code, there is such a thing as appropriateness; booty shorts and 5 inch heels look “ho-ish”. When worn at a market, it makes the wearer look attention-seeking, and when worn at a market (i.e. a place where buying and selling is its purpose) but nothing’s being bought by the aforementioned booty shorts and 5 inch heel wearer, then Bobo T’s essay applies. No need for armor and weapons here 😀

5. Margaret

November 5, 2010 at 8:55 pm

*Insert Naija accent*—–> “yeah, I did, it was really a good service, the pastor was really connecting…” LOl my first time commenting…and boy do I love the Oshodi Stilettos sentence! We ladies like to signal to other people [ladies] that we’re current with trends 😀 On a side note, you have too much time on your hands but its okay as long as it produces articles 😛

6. Peperempe

November 5, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Kilonsparkles, we’re one of a kind jare we sale hunters! I’m working with a french guy at the moment that has been yapping about how he’s going to buy a burberry trench (1200 euros) with his next paycheck and he thinks that this will impress me because he thinks I spend a fortune on clothes. I probably do but ain’t no way I’m blowing 1200 on a trench that would be at least 600 by December. Poor boy!

Well Naija girls and over-dressing no be today, but what do you expect when there are photogs and unofficial red carpets at flea markets? I personally like seeing them hustling, brightens the mood. LoL at “he was really connecting”

• mariaah

November 5, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Tell ur friend to come to Hackney if he’s in London!! We have Burberry outlet here I hear its cheap there (can’t b bothered to branch there yet)…

• Peperempe

November 6, 2010 at 3:02 am

The boy wants to get one that is “in season” oh. As I said he is trying to impress! I’ve already been to that outlet now, it used to be good. You should check it out.

• shade

November 6, 2010 at 5:25 am

Yeah the “he was really connecting” comment is too hilarious.

• Kaya

November 6, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Ride on pepe……lol!!! on the other hand abeg u people should free lagos girls o…havent u heard ‘on-point’ is d new vogue…..let em hustle on, lord knows BN would be less exciting without it…..ciao!

• Adeola

November 6, 2010 at 11:51 pm

on point ….this rude boi just made finished naija girls as always naijas like to overkill!…u get me though!

• Peperempe

November 7, 2010 at 8:38 pm

That was exactly what I was saying now, watching the never-ending hustle is too much fun!

7. africanchikito no.1

November 5, 2010 at 8:59 pm

you are one ccrraazzzyyy guy! you’ve absolutely made my friday night!
    I can’t stop laughing at how aptly you’ve described these bored attention-seeking chicas! OMG!

8. Anonymous 1

November 5, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Hilarious! But Bobo even the iro and buba can be short o, be careful what you wish for 🙂

9. shade

November 5, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Preach this!!

10. niyoo

November 5, 2010 at 9:20 pm

nice!!!!
    went for fusion last weekend [my first foray into ”sunday market” shopping] in a tank top, jeans and flats. i was def the odd 1 out, as everyone was decked up.
    Plus the whole place was scanty, items over priced …. puleaze.

Petite Marche was worse, every1 was squeezed into the top floor of get arena.
    Wonder y both held on the same day.

I know that was my first and last trip to ”sunday market”

Bobo, when next will u b in jd, we should hit the streets 2geda, I’m a very experienced ”sale hunter”

• ema

November 8, 2010 at 9:51 am

lolllllll
      makes u wonder y flats were created in d first instance…
      nice and true write-up!

11. istidele

November 5, 2010 at 9:21 pm

nooooooo, this cant be the end.
    this topic needs a 2nd part

12. bambii

November 5, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I never comment on this site, but this made me crack up so much had to leave a note. makes you wonder what goes through guys heads when they see us ladies going through so much to look good…for who though?

13. jeli

November 5, 2010 at 9:32 pm

All i can say is DSTV ati tejuosho market na im fa wahala!

bia, the ‘markets’ ehn, ny friend and i were talking about it yesterday, i happen to showcase some of my goods there every now and then and d girls just come to pose, no intentions of buying nada!!!!

• Just curious

November 8, 2010 at 12:52 pm

So why do you go back??

14. Chibaby

November 5, 2010 at 10:03 pm

lol! Make I land for Lag and see for myself.

15. Aibee

November 5, 2010 at 10:06 pm

LOL. Finally, someone says exactly what goes through my mind when I browse through BN’s “sunday market” or even TD style.

16. cherchezlacurl

November 5, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Hilarious! I always wondered if people actually buy stuff at these markets…at any rate, seems like there are more sellers than buyers

17. F

November 5, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Finally!!!Thank you very much for pointing it out. I don’t currently live in the country but something didn’t just sit right with the “leparifashion marche” pics on BellaNaija. People seem so dressed up, I’m sure it’s more of a social event than a proper trading place. Naija girls spend way too much money on appearances, alot of them should concentrate on being nice and approachable for starters

• cobnomi

November 6, 2010 at 12:10 am

lol..i didnt really get the lepari fashion marche..is that like a mock of lpm?? this guy is hilarious, eyin babes, bring on the Sacha Fierce oh jare!!

• Karen

November 7, 2010 at 12:33 am

i have heard that people baff up to cinemas too, can u imagine after u pay to go cinema one oniranu is on the phone chatting away and clapping..as in whats really good?

• fm

November 8, 2010 at 12:29 pm

hahahahahahahaha u just killed me!!! lmao @ d phone part…i know rite,highly annoying i rly dont get it!!

• Mochi

November 21, 2010 at 10:13 pm

I never comment but i just had to @ your ‘clapping” comment LMHO!

18. Ready

November 5, 2010 at 10:34 pm

E tire me o. It’s like us normal people who only wear our 5-inches to appropriate occasions and are averse to booty shorts are the crazy ones. I swear it’s a burden each time I return home…this “gbogbo bigs girl” thing. Like I have to do extra but with articles like this, we shall overcome sha.

19. Ready

November 5, 2010 at 10:38 pm

And one more thing, the sales in the U.S. are much better. You should plan a trip to New York, Dallas, or a major West coast city in the thanksgiving/Christmas period. Great sales.

20. Lagos Boy

November 5, 2010 at 11:09 pm

LMFAO…… Rude Boi..

21. Valerie

November 5, 2010 at 11:15 pm

Bobo m, I agree that you must do part II of this piece o. Am having a good laugh especially at them waka-pass girls who do not buy anything at all at these fashion markets(na too much cable TV). Its horrible indeed. And worse still, the prices for these over-designed over-embellished ankara clothing are outrageous. I rather go bargain hunting for an off season Burberry jacket too.

22. Ada

November 6, 2010 at 12:00 am

LMAO!bellanaija should have a “LIKE” button please…some of these comments are hilarious.

23. Waha

November 6, 2010 at 12:23 am

Seriously Bobo, U crack me up so much!! This was a fun read. Now seriously I think u shd be my friend o! bcos we share the same kind of humor. Im not looking for more o! before I get crucified. But like….I meann…kilonshele?Reply me

24. olawunmi

November 6, 2010 at 2:39 am

kilonsparkles… ure amazing… are u married?? 😀 (no seriously)… good article, great point. Keep it coming please 🙂

25. ireke

November 6, 2010 at 5:24 am

i dey die oooooooooooooooo.. ….hehehehehehheheheheeeee….. kpa kpa kpa kpa kpa kpa…. its good to find kindred ijebu cheapskates like me ……

• Ib

November 6, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Again again,…Kpa Kpa Kpa Kpa Kpa Kpa…
      Its about time someone said something about this….some girls really need to know how to dress right for occasions …yes o n even boys,they all need to learn.not everything goes

26. Esther

November 6, 2010 at 9:18 am

Funny!!! I no lagosian,but i can get an A with the Question would you wear stlits to Oshodi market,lol

27. Pinky

November 6, 2010 at 11:09 am

Mr Omotayo THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your take on the sunday markets *Deep breath* THANK YOU!!!

28. Kilonsparkles

November 6, 2010 at 4:19 pm

“They are like these bored overdressed wanderers moving from one badly labelled stall to the other in hope that a glossy fashion magazine photographer will ask for their picture.”

LWKMD!!! I always say this when I see the Le Petite Marche pics. I can’t imagine my sister in her 6 inch heels cos we are going to Macy’s. And then the babes won’t buy anything. Just stand by the stall and pose. Such a mess.

29. mariaah

November 6, 2010 at 4:24 pm

One more thing, one of the best way to bargain hunt is to ask if they do student discount in store..It helps.. Went shopping randomly 1 day, jeggings was on sale + (pls can I get student discount?) = Correct buy!!hahaa..

• ireke

November 6, 2010 at 7:28 pm

true that…. but they won’t tell u. U have to ask….

30. nuella

November 6, 2010 at 5:43 pm

I HAFF DIEEEE!! Looooooooollll! 😀

31. HoneyDame

November 6, 2010 at 7:23 pm

LMAO!!!From ur mouth to God’s ears o!!!! Like, we probably need to include it in the school curriculum (for those of them that attend school)….duper-high heels to bodija meat market is a no-no….extremely mini mini skirt is a deal breaker when visiting prospective in-laws (unless of course you have been looking for a way to break up with the boy b4)
    abeg KILONSPARKLES….bargain hunt dey go jare!!!! na u sha get the ego!

32. ego

November 7, 2010 at 2:00 am

well, well, i am quite surprised that bella published this article considering they are the biggest supporters of such fake superficial entities. i don’t understand us nigerians sha… now what’s so funny is that majority of bellanaija readers are here opening their mouth supporting your article, wheras they would be going on about how on point the chichs are in their dressing… infact i tire for una o! hypocrites!

well done mr omotayo.

• rose

November 7, 2010 at 10:32 am

oh just shut up, most bella readers support his view and there are only 47 comments while there are over hundreds of comments on the style and events pages, plzzzzzzzzzz.
      so what if someone decides 2 dresssup and have their picture taken?is it ur money they used 2 buy the clothers or are they blocking ur view. if u do not like the whole thing then do not go on the website, cha. dont u know its all promotion of a brand. so what if people decide to live a certain lifestyle and go 2 all the parties out there? isnt it their life? what happened 2 individualism and freedom of choice. ah beg stop being jealous, live ur life and allow others to live thers. its bores like you who think that because ur so closeminded every one should be the same; but when bella naija posts an events ur the same people 2 watch
      while i know that some people go 2 some events overdressed, what is my business there. its their lives and if they have no where else 2 wear an outfit 2 they let them dressup like clowns 4 all i care

• Karen

November 8, 2010 at 12:33 am

Mgbeke Rose it seems you are taking these comments personal….kini big deal? take a chill pill mehn…just like people think its alright to walk around in 5inches heels to sunday market wakaing about and not actually purchasing anything, so do others have the right to say whatever they want….
      this na only website…sogbo dont cry! ndo

• olawunmi

November 8, 2010 at 9:29 am

Ego, what BN publishes, the red carpets, doesnt negate bobo’s point, ure supposed to dress fancy to red carpet events, granted, some overdo it, but i digress. What bobo is saying here is that, when theyre nt on a red carpet, at sunday market, its quite ridiculous that theyre kitted out in d same kinds of clothes… it just doesnt make sense.

33. Bayo

November 7, 2010 at 7:45 am

LMAOOO!I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!, bobo u are amazing

34. Love- Don’t-Cost-a-Thing-

November 7, 2010 at 1:11 pm

hehe….. cool…. praise heavens there’s someone that actually sees the need for clothes like moi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. dubaisands

November 7, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Bobo nailed it. I think its the “must feel among” syndrome they are suffering from..

36. Divarho

November 7, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Well said Man! well said!

37. Cindy

November 7, 2010 at 2:59 pm

OMG!!! I love!!! buahahahaha! SO TRUE!

38. Dee

November 7, 2010 at 7:54 pm

3 gbosa for bobo omotayo, on point as always

39. Q

November 7, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Im happy everyone has spoken.The truth is that for those of us who don’t attend such gatherings find the ‘STARS’ of the events amusing.For real,what happened??BN,STudio 53 et al,c’mon.The craze for designer wears & brazilian et al weaves has even hit balogun market which i often frequent by the way,cos i work hard for my money & wont waste it over the chance to appear on BN.I wa sshocked at teh so called weaves hanging like underwear for everyone to see.so,very soon,expect to see this same craze on ur Pepper supplier since very soon,we no go fit tell difference.
    I know this is totally off point,but hey na my fingers type am!

40. bimpe

November 7, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Kilon sparkles, i love your sense of humour and this article is so true and put a smile on my lips. Thanks. I find it a little difficult to understand Lagos gals. Thanks for buying my artworks at the miniature art fair at Terra. looking forward to meeting you in person soon. Take care and a plesant week ahead. Bimpe/Beampeh

41. judith

November 8, 2010 at 1:14 am

@ Rose
    Y so serious? R u ones of those girls who go to pose and dnt buy nada?

• Karen

November 8, 2010 at 7:20 pm

perhaps she is….lol

42. brendz

November 8, 2010 at 7:33 am

i will never get tired of the commentary….bella can we have a “commentary fan club”….please i want to meet some of this “crazy” commentators….u giys shuld get on the debaters show…..rotfl(with tears streaming)!!!!!!!

43. longsufferer

November 8, 2010 at 9:01 am

LWKMD…[email protected] the last basketmouth show…some pple came in evening dresses…hello????
    i totally agree that overdressing comes from a lack of where to wear thier baffs…….

• Karen

November 8, 2010 at 7:22 pm

now thats funny… AY show in london some babes/ women cam in Aso ebi…Ankara
      Mehn it was cold ooo lmao!

44. IHaveSpoken

November 8, 2010 at 9:43 am

This write-up just kills me…
    What is wrong with wearing mini-skirt and 5 inch heels to Fusion? So if I am a shorts and heels person, I should stay indoors and onyl come out when no one is looking? I consider myself short and you can never catch me on flats. I love to look tall and hence the heels everywhere I go. Shuoooo. Didn’t they say heaven helps those who help themselves?
    The fact that some people like to dress up in shorts and short skirt is now a big deal? Haba Omotayo…for the first time, I am disppointed in your write-up
    I was at Fusion and as far as I can remember, a good number of the girls there did not look like they belonged in Sanusi.
    Lastly, what is wrong in going to window-shop at a market? Isn’t it done everywhere? Please let’s be less judgemental and accept the concept of individualism. If I decide to wear my shorts (cos I think it is a hot day) and my heels (cos I know I am short) to LPM on a Sunday afternoon, how is it your consign??? Is it ya money? LOL
    Bobo, I still have mad love for you though

• IHaveSpoken

November 8, 2010 at 9:44 am

*belong

• Karen

November 8, 2010 at 7:25 pm

why are u dissapointed at bobo? u spoke about individualism , so if bobo thinks is wrong is it your article? how about people express the way they feel about certain issues in their OWN ARTICLE, just d way u like to go window shopping in 5inches heel!

45. steezy

November 8, 2010 at 10:22 am

@Rose, y the unnecessary anger?everyone is entitled to his /her opinions. this article speaks a lot of truth tho

• Karen

November 8, 2010 at 7:26 pm

please ask her oo….

46. bcgeorge

November 8, 2010 at 10:46 am

bobo,you came correct, we see more boobs and g-strings in churches these days than we see at nite clubs all cos dis gurlz just don’t know what to wear to appropriate places….everytime they get up in front of you to shout hallelujah…we go begin dey see ”tins”…….all this ”3/4-of- my-breast-in-your-face syndrome” is nurrin but annoying sometimes…

47. adelegirl

November 8, 2010 at 11:26 am

Great article and so on point. I am so tired of naija babes and how we like to overdress. Na wetin??? Was at church yesterday and this girl came dressed in what is best described as a “crotch dress”. Where are our values these days that we are not ashamed to go to church naked ehn?

I’ve also smirked at pictures of people attending these sunday markets all decked out. I even saw someone wearing a proper formal outfit that would not have looked out of place at high-powered business meeting. It’s so tiring but please they should continue because the laughs they generate are most welcome!

@ IHaveSpoken, you can wear heels and not look overdressed. But I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with going to windowshop at these markets. I’ve been to the fusion in abuja and thought most of the vendors there were overpriced. But these markets are also great for discovering new “designers”. I found a great reasonably priced naija designer at the last fusion I attended and though I did not buy her designs at the event, I went to her store and got a lovely ankara dress afterwards.

48. Just curious

November 8, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Lets not be myopic here, where I do understand that a lot of people dress “inappropriately” i have to also interject by asking…Who’s definition of “inappropriate” should we adopt??
    To each his own abi…you really cant please everyone!! Lets all just be happy and comfortable with who we are…that way some of your comments really wont have any weight on the “accused”
    lol @ window shopping…sometimes i like to walk down carnaby street cus it makes me happy looking at pretty things…where i may not buy anything (hey…sometimes im broke and im really under no obligation to buy), i would however, as the need arises recall something pretty that i’d seen when i was window shopping and come to purchase it later…i believe this is how these “markets” work…i dont really like the term market though..*shrugs*
    That said…lets look at the bigger picture…iv always wondered why people still return and why all these retail events still happen because surely if they were such a sham…they would have put a stop to it, no…?? Just wondering!!
    Im not too sure about the church comment sha…don’t watch that oh!!! Peoples relationship with God is really between them and God…keep looking at them on the outside…and you don’t know that they are “connecting” with God at home by FIRE AND BY FORCE…while you feel all superior because of your perception of them…when they are ascending to heaven you no fit grab their leg follow…lol!! So just DO YOU!!!
    Finally, I enjoyed the writing of the article though, very witty I have to say and easy to follow…and its always good to get different perspective!

49. Just curious

November 8, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Oh and if everyone keeps saying…”they are tired of Naija babes” …”We are like this…and like that”…EVERYONE SAYS THIS OH….so who is left???? Ever so high and mighty…!!! its ridiculous!!
    Ah well…one thing though…We are overly opinionated!! lol i love it…keeps one thinking!!

50. C

November 8, 2010 at 3:10 pm

ROTFL!!!!! Great music too!

51. Buns

November 8, 2010 at 4:16 pm

I must say i am really disappointed with Bobo Omotayo and how judgmental his being, and i totally agree with just curious. We naija’s are so quick to bring each other down, imagine calling people air heads, just because they want to look good.What is the fixation of Naija girls abroad on the ones at home and the hating. And if i come to the market dressed like i am going for a meetng, how do you knowi am not coming from home. Must i go home to change in to something casual. Please every one, let others be. Stop judging people, if they want to dress in heels to the market so be it. You wear your flats and enjoy yourself. All these things are done abroad and you don’t see them jumping on each other. Please Naija people let us stop being so negative about irrelevant things like what people wear to a market. PLEaaaaaaaasssssssssssssee

52. Buns

November 8, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I am not coming from a meeting

53. iphee

November 8, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Well…we are quite a handful of Fashionistas….but the problem seems to be differnciate the “mgbeke turned fashionista” from the real fashionista…Trust me everything from an “MGBEKE” is utterly forced …:from the gum she is chewing to the she clutches that clutch…to the eyeball movement.

54. Confusedotcom

November 8, 2010 at 5:05 pm

You started off the article really well but failed to carry me along through the rest of the story. The plot just seemed to get lost in a jumble plot of dressing, sunday markets, church sermons and cab fares. I’m here at the end of your story in an array of story lines wondering what the conclusion is and what exactly you want us to take from this piece.

55. Karen

November 8, 2010 at 7:31 pm

individuality is not a word that exists in nigeria full stop!

56. ufedo

November 8, 2010 at 10:59 pm

this rose… na wa oo. wats beef now? LOL… Chill abeg.. its just an article, and that was just an opinion, just like u say the girls have their own choice of how to dress… abi u be one of them? lol… dont worry, overdressed or not, they still look nice…sometimes…

57. ufedo

November 8, 2010 at 11:04 pm

funny article, on point too.. for me that is. i know girls like that… they look nice tho truth be told only a trifle bit? overdressed.

58. Anonymouzly

November 9, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Bobo Omotayo, you make so much sense! I just started reading and will become an avid follower

59. Bonie