Features

Something For the “Vertically Challenged”! Watch this “Short” Documentary

Being someone who was always in front of the line during assembly in secondary school, I completely LOVED this ‘mockumentary‘ when I watched it.

This film was an entry in the Afrinolly Film Competition. Written, directed and edited by Soji Oyinsan II. Co-directed by Stephen Oruwari with a cast of Bola Rahman, Dami Ajilore, Tsedey Whitfeld, Daniel Oruwari, Jonathan Murray .

The video clip is short, literally and figuratively, with a twinge of romance. I remember always having to try to get someone to go to the library with me because copies of the Laws of Federation of Nigeria were on the topmost shelf. The only difference between “Moby” and I is that she found love. 😀

Watch and enjoy this video

1. ij

February 1, 2013 at 12:45 pm

NICE

2. neon

February 1, 2013 at 12:52 pm

i was at a party once, and this ‘vertically challeneged’ girl kept side eyeing me, eventually she cam up to me and said ‘i dont understand why you tall girls like to wear heels, as though u r not tall enough’ she then hissed and walked off.
    i thought she was crazy! but after watching this i kinda understand where short ppl come from. lol

• Mz Socially Awkward....

February 2, 2013 at 3:06 am

that is hilarious…. I’d have thought she was crazy too, but I guess it must really irk her

3. kay

February 1, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Really enjoyed this! Great perspective!!

4. 5'5 and proud

February 1, 2013 at 1:31 pm

hahah moby. Kindred spirit right here. im short as well, i’ve always stood infront, i’ve always sat in front. Never thought i’d be tall though cos i was a very petite baby.

5. ty

February 1, 2013 at 1:57 pm

hehehe, d gud thng abt being short is dt we short pple r pretty smart n most of d time comfortable in our body..u jst get used to it n try to make d most outta it. n i thnk one way God favors us is dt we get d cutest tall guys*winks*

6. Drew

February 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Ahhhh! Still smiling!

7. Baker Street

February 1, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Really nice.

8. Tincan

February 1, 2013 at 2:32 pm

This is so quyute as my son would say 🙂

9. Purpleicious Babe

February 1, 2013 at 3:11 pm

it was nicely edited…

10. Sonia

February 1, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Beautiful!

11. dont mention

February 1, 2013 at 3:30 pm

nice story….short people r very funny imo, bc they r quick to make fun of themselves bf u do n i love that….if u cant poke fun at urself, u got issues.
    vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

12. mawa

February 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm

this made me laugh!! I like….

13. Oreos

February 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Girl!!!! OMG!!!! I am 5’3 and It feels like you are telling my story….the children bit is sooo funny, it’s like game for my cousins …..lets see how short ore is and after playing the game I tell them to go do the dishes or something, just to be like…. Bum!!! I am older than you and there is nothing you can do about it…..and the store bit, lets just say I always drag a store attendant pending when I find my handy but equally HOT six feet man with me to every aisle, if not i would buy anything……

14. Moby

February 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Oh gosh!I got a calln from my mum this Morning saying “You’re on Bella Naija!” Thanks for the comments !!!!

• janet murikira

February 1, 2013 at 4:08 pm

awwwwwwwwww…

• word

February 2, 2013 at 9:11 pm

really nice documentary. im short too

• Alero

February 4, 2013 at 10:13 am

Moby, u are cute and I mean every bit of it.#hugs#

15. bamidele

February 1, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Good job bola!!!!!!!!! Nice piece,and nicely put together too. Proud of you loads.

16. Chattyzee

February 1, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Lovely .. made me smile. All the best to Moby and her love ..

dprodigalchild.wordpress.com/

17. OLAYINKA AWOFODU

February 1, 2013 at 5:28 pm

BEAUTIFUL!…Well “Directed”

18. morenike

February 1, 2013 at 5:33 pm

really Tall girls don’t have it easy either. My pet peeves:

1) Bath Tubs: do you know how uncomfortable it is to have a bubble bath when you are tall???
    2) I can NEVER find shoes my size EVER
    3) I can NEVER find pants or Jackets that are long enough EVER : That is actually how I started designing clothes
    4) People assume you play basket ball: Mildly irritating after you hear that question for the 1000000th time!

19. Nkan be

February 1, 2013 at 5:33 pm

But she’s got ‘body’ to cover up for that.

20. Ona

February 1, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Abeg all u short babes should lead the tall men for us tall babes o gini du! The unending nerve! Short men are breaking their necks for tall babes and we are breaking ours for tall men and here comes the short cute little babes tryna get some too.

21. Morphious

February 1, 2013 at 7:56 pm

My friend is becoming a star …. am about to be the shina rambo to her davido

22. Yewy

February 1, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Man, Totally agree with Morenike!!!!!……

23. Morphious

February 1, 2013 at 8:42 pm

get more of bola (the short one) on the drive show #gidiloungeradio

24. Ade O

February 1, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Bola, I am very very very proud of you. People’s ear e haff full now oooooo…I have been shouting to every burger that cares to listen. My cousin is heading to Beverley Hills oooo….big ups babes….mwah

25. GreenDiamond

February 1, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Awwwww dis is adorable dear.. I feel ur pain am not as short but still.. I mean u get d shoes unlyk us dat a gud tin

26. Nina

February 1, 2013 at 10:29 pm

lol! dis gave mi hope cos am kinda petite too, but i love mi d way i am big ups moby

27. kemi

February 2, 2013 at 4:22 am

phonetics galore! i like the documentary though but i’m 5’5 and don’t call myself short because i’m almost the same heught as 70% of women wherever i go.

28. Adeola

February 2, 2013 at 4:50 am

Hahhaa. So true about short pple. I’m actually short, 5’3 and am cool with it. No p. My ill sis has rubbed it all in my face even to strangers upon introduction or behind my back. I’m always like whatever. I’m used to it and dealt with the ‘compliment’. And yes Ma’am @Moby, you right. We want the TALL guys. Nothing less than that. Kudos on the documentary, I must say quality video and directing.

29. Cy

February 2, 2013 at 5:19 am

Great piece! Good job Bola, Dami and Soji. More greese to your elbow.

30. M.TENSIONER!

February 2, 2013 at 6:06 am

TENSION!!!

31. Adey

February 2, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I’m tiny and “cute” at 4’11”, size 4/5 feet and size 6/8 dress size and believe me, it has its perks and annoyances.

1). The Mirror! Lord Almighty finding a mirror in the house where I can actually see my face is hassle! I normally just have to either enjoy the view of my forehead and hair or use a compact to see my face. In the bathroom, the mirror’s above the sink, i have to literally stand on a stool to brush my teeth!

2). I love sales. If a sale starts at 5/6am and i get there for 10am, I’m still going to find shoes my size and the petite section’s still going to stock my size. Yay! my sister’s not so lucky

3). MOST of the really nice jeans/tops/dresses tend to be regular sized. So a pair of jeans that fits you right, drags on the floor for me. Pencil skirts look like pencil skirts and don’t even get me started on MAXI DRESSES!!!

4). Every short guy tries it, which is annoying cos I like tall guys 6’+ or nothing! My boyfriend’s 6’2″ 🙂 and even if i wear 5″ heels he’s still going to be taller than me and I love my heels!

32. BEEZ

February 2, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Yea, the JSS 3 story is familiar, except mine is the opposite. I was very short back in my junior days, I used to be in front at the assembly ground. Lo and behold we went home for the JSS3 long hols, came back and i found myself standing waaaay at the back. I still don’t get how that happened

33. Moby

February 2, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Oh my gosh! I totally agree with you Adey!!! Trust me!! Especially #3!!!!!!!
    P.s you can get more of me Every Friday at 2PM EST/ 7PM UK on Gidilounge .fm r listen to past shows and interviews here: gidilounge.fm/portfolio/the-drive/

34. lolo

February 3, 2013 at 7:03 am

why do the shortest girls like the tallest guys, na ojukokoro abeg, a guy that is below six feet is still ok for una

35. A Short Girl

February 5, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Nice documentary. Although making ‘being short’ sound like an ailment or social stigma is what majorly made me think this video is retarded. Because quite the contrary a lot of people(guys) like short girls plus there are heels to fix that please. On the other hand as a short girl I MUST agree with the barstool and little kids thing. THE WORST!!!