News

Think BOLD! Liam Fashion Agency presents the 5 Must-Have Colours of the New Season

5 Crucial Colours Of Spring by Liam Fashion Agency - March 2013 - BellaNaija004It takes a lot to be a woman, to embody the essence of the ultimate woman. We try, we fail, and so we try again. In the end, we win because it is what we are, it is who we are and there is no way of avoiding that destiny.

In many countries around the world, winter is winding down and Spring will soon emerge while in Nigeria, we are experiencing very warm weather – it’s about that time for the new season’s colour trends to emerge.

The spring collections are invading the stores across the globe so I decided to work with two of my most reliable associates, renowned photographer Eleanor Goodey and my excellent creative director Jude Jagger to put together exciting images styled by Liam Fashion Agency that will help spell out the colour theme for this season – Bold, Bright & Beautiful Fun Colours.

Listed in order no of popularity, New Season It-Colors for women are:

• Tangerine
  • Green
  • Yellow
  • Fuschia Pink
  • Aqua Blue

Don’t be afraid to rock these colours, read on and I’ll show you why these are the hottest colour trends of the new season and how they can work for you.

Will bright colours work for me?
Yes, they do. Bright colours go well on any skin colour and tone and give you endless options when it comes to accessories.

I have a corporate job, how can I incorporate these colour trends?
Though this shoot shows the bright colours of the season and you may feel left out because you work in the corporate world; Well, I still have some tricks for you on how you can join the fun party this season.

I’m a girl about my business and aside from music video sets and fashion shoots, I have to delve into the world of business and sit with the bankers and government agents. The dark coloured suits seem to be the antithesis of motivation in the corporate world. So during the long day’s work, if you find yourself drowning in the pool of dark coloured outfits during working hours an easy way to put some spark back into your day may be to get some colour in the mix. You always have options that will be sure to help accentuate your femininity, whilst reminding the world that you are a winning woman.

A touch of bright manicured nails or fashion accessories or even a colourful handkerchief or scarf are great options to brighten up your day garner renewed energy, optimism and the promise of a brighter day.

5 Crucial Colours Of Spring by Liam Fashion Agency - March 2013 - BellaNaija0015 Crucial Colours Of Spring by Liam Fashion Agency - March 2013 - BellaNaija0025 Crucial Colours Of Spring by Liam Fashion Agency - March 2013 - BellaNaija005

Credits

Tired of these colors!

3. loveth O.

March 8, 2013 at 2:54 pm

wow

4. Diseye

March 8, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Sexy girl but must everything be sexualised?

5. bey

March 8, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Yea true! Tired of these colours!!!

6. sucre

March 8, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Must she do the modellin herself?

7. BlackMagic Babe

March 8, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I’m always scared of bold colours,but I do like it on others,may be,I wil have a rethink…it comes to me as attention seeking wore’s thing

8. Cima Brawn Stores

March 8, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Was there no decent outfits in these colours?? I like the colours though

9. caramel

March 8, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Jeez..get a real model…plzzzzzz

10. maureen

March 8, 2013 at 4:03 pm

abeg oh! is it only bumshorts and crop tops that they sell. Its a lot more fun and an eye-candy when variety is been showcased. btw she looks good

11. adelegirl

March 8, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Would have been nice if she had done a piece showcasing how these bright colours could be worn in different scenarios – corporate world/formal, church, party, casual, dinner et al. I mean by putting together actual outfits for these scenarios, not just telling us how they could be worn. The visuals would have made more sense. Love the shoes though.

12. simi

March 8, 2013 at 4:19 pm

What is the meaning of this?!?!?! Love the colors but this model is pretty just wore the wrong outfits to showcase the color

13. fashionLagos

March 8, 2013 at 4:20 pm

um….

14. Ada

March 8, 2013 at 4:49 pm

These are not all the colors for the season though….I guess she just picked the ones she likes. You can google Pantone color report and look up the colors for 2013. There are a lot more colors to rock this season. #thankmelater

15. Demmy

March 8, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I love bright colors. Why are all the outfits all short though? A little bit too revealing if you ask me. x

16. Kelly

March 8, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Hmmm everyone is just advertising their “goods” nowadays instagram, twitter, facebook and if you have the money blogs. May their market sell. smdh

• afripro

March 11, 2013 at 12:55 am

i was thinking the same thing! everybody dey just sell market. may it sell according to your desire…..

17. The Truth

March 8, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Emm..Is this “Bitch central or something” Even if the cloths were maxi, ya’ll be complaining. I had to read this article again…it says 5 must have colours, not 5 must have bum short…or whatever ya’ll are complaining about. If you dont like it…walk on but, of navigate ( with your cursor), to a different page…cos she sure as hell dropped the F she was supposed to give( she dont care…bout ur opinion that is)

18. The Truth

March 8, 2013 at 5:31 pm

walk on by*

19. anonymous

March 8, 2013 at 5:39 pm

ms jaye is such an hater u hate every post ( SAME U DID WITH THE SEYI SHAY LOVE STORY)…LIAM U ROCK PLS SEND UR PIN

20. jumaijewel

March 8, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Cool* but she didn’t add Emerald and black n white (monochrome) as the seasons colors too* kudos!!

21. dont mention

March 8, 2013 at 6:02 pm

i love love love the colours but i dont understand the outfits showcased ……here we go again with female overexposure…….tot she is selling the colours n not herself…..#justsaying bf am labelled…she is very pretty doh n could have done without exposing herself like dat…..nways.
    vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

22. Sbaby

March 8, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Lwkm see self market advertisement oh,,,,,,,,,,,nice colours

• tokunbo

March 8, 2013 at 7:19 pm

HAhahaaa! Seriously sha Lilian should have gotten a model to do this instead of doing it herself. She’s identifying her “selling point”….LOL!

23. Lolas

March 8, 2013 at 7:09 pm

O ma se o.. Love the colours but a professional model would have suffice. This is hotmess.org!

24. Sarah

March 8, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Y do I sense beefing? The pics and colours r lovely and sharp!if U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt like dem abeg shift!. God lilly!! Ur biggest fan. This babe is hawt like it or not. No 1. Fashion Stylist in naija!U̶̲̥̅̊ have certainly done well. And the first to do it!

25. nene

March 8, 2013 at 10:10 pm

which beefing? abeg what kind of modelling is this? get real models and show us clothes, not ur body.

26. Mama Put

March 8, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I love LIAM! Great photo quality and I love those colours but the outfits.??????. WHY? Babe, quite inappropriate. Especially as CEO of LIAM? You’re not an usher or minimum wage model. Seriously??.

Use models next time and pick more appropriate outfits because 95% of bella’s readers wont wear any of that. Only you, Dencia and Tonto Dikeh.

• Mama Put

March 8, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Also slightly ironic that one day, you are hiding your face from BN cameras here- http://cdn.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IMG_3293.jpg

And the next you’re sending them full frontal pictures of you half naked???

Image identity alignment needed, my love. Right now, we’re confused. I am really sorry to highlight this but it does seem a bit odd. When I saw that photo of you hiding, I was upset because you clearly didn’t want to be photographed and yet it was published even with your name. I thought how unfair of Bella to post a photo of the poor lady who doesn’t want to be on their blog and then I see this. Hmmm okay! Very confusing character!

• fashionLagos

March 11, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Some of you are just dense. So because she didnt want to be photographed in ONE picture means she should never take pictures again.So now, you have concluded she is bipolar, abi?Stupid analogy!Mchew.

• Gechi

March 10, 2013 at 1:25 am

hahahaha Mama Put, you have killed me! I swear I love BN for the comments, but you are so on point though, its a bit tacky.

27. @ajiriavae

March 9, 2013 at 12:00 am

It’s not just green, it’s emerald green. It was on all the major designer catwalks for s/s 2013.
    ajiristyle.blogspot.com/

28. NON

March 9, 2013 at 5:10 am

Big fail! Overexposure dey worry am. I must to show!!! Babe, pls stop suffocating pple w nonsensical fashion sense abi agency.

Its all been summed up by previous cmts. Use models next time. Such a shame… Everybody wants to be famous today. I’m sure schools are losing students at an alarming rate.(

29. GG

March 9, 2013 at 7:33 am

i agree that this girl is just marketing her self no be small. lol. na wa. and the photographer lost points with me too- why is the umbrella/light reflector showing in the first picture? you have to pay attention to these little details. uggh.

30. dee

March 9, 2013 at 9:12 am

Which one is beef here, true the picture quality is good and the article is worth reading. But the model is obviously not a professional and the outfit doesn’t do anything for the shoot next time get a model and show us practical examples of how to use these colours

31. Chaz

March 9, 2013 at 10:02 am

@ GG, you must think you are sherlock holmes or something, so you honestly think the photographer, while editing, didn’t notice that the umbrella was in the picture? Loool, jokes! Go and read high fashion magazines like vogue and elle, and ull discover that lighting equipment is sometimes left intentionally, hiss! As for the reason why Liam is doing her own modelling, its simply because she can! After all kimora lee is the face of her own brand, even oprah does her own modelling, so…walk on by if you don’t have anything to say

32. Nike

March 9, 2013 at 11:52 am

So who said shes not a model…jobless haters! why can’t she be d model. Nothing is wrong if she decides she wants to be model. mumu naija peeps. Even Victoria Becks does her own modelling sumtyms there is nothin absolutely wrong if she decides to do it. Go Liam Fashion!! HEHEHE hatersssssssssssssss mi likey

33. Nike

March 9, 2013 at 11:54 am

This is banging! I so love the colours. btw d babe is hawt die……

34. Nike

March 9, 2013 at 11:55 am

Amazing!R we seeing the same pics. she said 5colours must have oooooooo not clothes. English ooooooooooo

35. justice

March 9, 2013 at 11:57 am

Work it gurl…..

36. Pd

March 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Hawt………..me like!

37. SASSYCASSIE

March 9, 2013 at 11:51 pm

lol.it’s clear lilian’s ‘voltroning’ here

38. Yellow Cocaine

March 10, 2013 at 3:06 am

ACTUALLY… Any up to date fashionista, should know that, black & white is trending for Spring 2013 collection. *Color Block is so 5 seasons ago* #OLD. Nice concept tho! but for fashion sake, this is old. 🙂

• Kimiko

March 14, 2013 at 11:39 pm

You are so right

39. segun

March 10, 2013 at 6:47 am

wow Hot mess! what a big boned woman. but seriously whats really the selling point here??

40. mimi2

March 10, 2013 at 6:49 am

LMAO! OK its either she didnt know as a business woman you are supposed to do a casting and use models to display, she really though she could model lmfao

41. girlTalk

March 10, 2013 at 6:50 am

wow she is life size for real! she needs to teach other big and tall women how to shop well in the big and tall section. why shes over her talking bout colors!

• Drama

March 12, 2013 at 8:34 am

LMFAO!!!!! Gosh. I’m reeling from laughter!!!!! more like the larger than life section. Cover up Lily Boo. No one wants to know who freed willy *rolling my eyes*

42. wow

March 10, 2013 at 6:54 am

crop top andshorts really?? we call this styling now?? there is no way she can convince us that there was a creative director or stylist on set of this photo shoot. lmao! come on lili even putting together long sleeve crop tops and shorts can be tasteful but this i tell you!!! this is poor! very poor! F in effort

43. I wan cry!

March 10, 2013 at 7:42 am

You go girl! you look good.

44. Jay

March 10, 2013 at 7:50 am

Lilian’s voltron is certainly defending her, lol. This is tacky, and I’m in the industry (but not a stylist, so have no beef). Celebrities do model their clothes, but they’re selling their brand, Lilian Unachukwu isn’t a brand. The clothes are tacky (bum shorts to show colour range? Haba). The photography is wack (and I know Eleanor, she should know better than to leave an umbrella in the background, this isn’t that type of fashion story you randomly throw in props without thinking).

45. Jay

March 10, 2013 at 7:53 am

And hold on, when did Eleanor Goodey become a renowned photographer? Loooolll. What about Kelechi Amadi, Moussa Moussa, Reze Bonna, Hakeem Salaam, Obi Somto, Emmanuel Oyeleke, Anthony Okam, the list goes on. Chei, see what halfcaste and british accent5 can do o, me too I must package, Lol.

• Ms lala

March 11, 2013 at 8:33 am

[email protected] and british accent…i just went into a coma…nna mehn ur mean sha lol.but thats how it works in Nigeria..but Ms Goodey is a good photographer so am gonna give her probs.

46. tokunbo

March 10, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Lol!! wow! Jay e don do. See finishing for both photographer. Yes Lilian was trying to show guys she’s full fleshed here, buut no abuse the photographer na. On the real Lilian this is such a wrong desperate move to sell ur market, photos scream desperation. I don’t know u but I can bet 100% that u are late 20s or early 30s and single, bcoz no nobody in a responsible relationship with a good man will be showing off their body like this. Especially the bed photo, the thighs there is a no no! The shorts looks like it’s a size below. Pls keep this advice in mind for the future, don’t make this mistake again. U are a business woman for heaven’s sake not a cheap whore. My 2 cents!

47. signature

March 10, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Der’s more skin than color in dis so called style pics, so wat are u helpin us wit exactly? Kmt na dis kind thng dey vex person, see me seriously clicking to find styling dat cud inspire me lol!

48. chioma

March 10, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Lili pls grow ur hair, I like when u had a nice girly hair. U were so pretty now the hair looks hard. Everything u wear now is tacky with the hair. True black and white is the new color. Am still a fan, keep up the work.

49. As myself

March 10, 2013 at 4:13 pm

[email protected] all d comments. Wow people people.

50. Louda

March 10, 2013 at 5:03 pm

All I can see here is the photo credit _ Elaenor Goodey. Remeber her back in french village. She is now a photographer, good one. I think she will be a better eye candy.

51. colourfulbutterfly

March 10, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Lilian So Eleanor is still your friend?
    Wonderment!

52. The original Beebee

March 11, 2013 at 11:05 am

LMAO @ Mama put’s comments:

53. The original Beebee

March 11, 2013 at 11:06 am

LMAO @ Mama put’s comments: MEAN!!!!lolll…. shes covering her face cos in her lil mind..shes a celeb and the paparrazi is all over her……wat watching E! will cause in this town shaaa….

54. Oby

March 11, 2013 at 11:09 am

Lilian obviously used herself to make it relatable for anyone to wear or pull of such colours…jeez guys!…encourage a lady for once..or dnt comment @ all

55. dAIY

March 11, 2013 at 2:02 pm

btw who decides who and who is the list of renowed photographerrr? if u are good at what u do u r good! End offf…Have seen all eleanor’s stuff the babe is good. haba which can jealousy be this? who decides who is a renowed? na wa oooooooooooo

• China

March 11, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Actually, the masses do. Being renowned is about your reputation. Renowned does not just mean that you are good at what you do. Maybe she shd have said talented. Not renowned. Renowned means you are highly reputable, well known and well respected for what you do. If you are a fantastic photographer and you’ve only done shoots that no one has seen or heard of, you may be good but you are not renowned. English lesson over. As you were.

• Jay

March 12, 2013 at 11:09 pm

loolll, I’ve known Eleanor since secondary school, was even meant to work with her once. I stand by what I said. Google the names I listed and Eleanor’s work. Those guys, they’re shooting every major magazine (here and in SA or UK), working every major wedding, behind the scenes at every event covering it, doing Ad campaigns. Where is Eleanor in all that? She’s certainly not more talented than them, and that isn’t beef. Let me add Baba’s name, Ade Plumptre, to the list sef.

56. Fashionable Babe

March 11, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Warri this?

57. tokunbo

March 12, 2013 at 1:00 am

It’s so funny how the babe is posting this article everywhere..instagram, twitter and fb! LOL!! She’s really serious with this “notice me” shots she took!

58. Dolapo

March 12, 2013 at 8:06 am

Kudos to Lily for modelling herself. Very brave.

59. Sarah

March 13, 2013 at 10:18 am

Jay pls go and sit own jor! [email protected] masses. Do. Its obvious have a jealous spirit. Go find ur won talent! Heheheheh. Az inseee hating oooooi bet U̶̲̥̅̊ r a jobless person. @least eleanore is getting there!those ppl U̶̲̥̅̊ called started from somewhere!so allow eleanore ooooooooo

60. Sarah

March 13, 2013 at 11:43 am

Jay pls go and sit down jor! [email protected] masses. Its obvious u have a jealous spirit. Go find ur own talent! Heheheheh. Az inseee hating oooooi bet U̶̲̥̅̊ r a jobless person. @least eleanore is getting there!those ppl U̶̲̥̅̊ called started from somewhere!so allow eleanore ooooooooo. Masses kor masses ni!

61. Nabeelah

March 15, 2013 at 6:42 am

Lmao!!!!! Seriously, dis comments hve been cracking me up. @ja pls give the photographer a break na…. But seriously, dis colours r sooo last 2/3 seasons… D actual colours of the season are not even showcased… D chickk is hot dou and I dnt see anything wrong in modelling ur own outfit… But, dis is a bad job, I mean d colours and d dresses, too tacky.

62. Lilt

March 19, 2013 at 12:32 am

Honestly, this was a bad idea, i have always seen Lilian as a rich girl forcing herself to be famous for not doing much like Paris Hilton. TBH all she does is buy the latest outfits from luxury brands, does not make her a good sylists because luxury brands only sell quality. If she was a real stylist, like Gok Wan, she should be able to make the high street look just as amazing. All celebrities these days are looking to the high street to express their true style power because its harder to pull off a combination of Top Shop like Rihanna and Rita do than a combo of Alexander Mcqueen.