Features

Atoke’s Monday Morning Banter: Skonki, Skele & Skillachi

Atoke

It’s so good and exhilarating to be alive. The world is bright and beautiful. The birds are chirping so nice and musically…. Urgh! I can’t pull it off mehn! Nahh! I tried guys… I really did but Mondays ARE a drag! However, if I was going to look at it from the glass-half-full perspective, I’d say it’s 5 more days to the weekend so hurrah! So, what did you get up to this weekend? On this end, I basked in the the delightfully cool breeze that comes from two days of rain. It didn’t matter that there was no power and of course the cable signal started misbehaving when the rain started. It cut short my Superman marathon but it was fun while it lasted.  Watching a movie you saw as a kid with adult eyes is actually very heart breaking. As I watched Christopher Reeve in his tight spandex, all I could think of was “What? I actually grew up thinking this dude was zipping through the New York skies?”

The Superman franchise sold us sha! Many years ago, I knew this dude who had everything of his with the “S” emblazoned. Socks, backpack, notebooks, and towels… all with the Superman logo. He was a die hard comic book enthusiast.  I can’t remember his name now but everyone called him “Robo Robo.”  I don’t remember the origin of the nickname but it was always funny. Robo Robo tried very hard to shake off the name but it didn’t work. A few years ago, I saw him getting into his car in front of the Zenith bank on Admiralty way and I wanted to get his attention and then I realized I didn’t actually remember his name and I couldn’t start shouting “Robo Robo” at a grown man.

Who comes up with these nicknames? Some of them are very cool but some are just plain wrong!  When the NTA soap opera “New Masquerade” was airing, they introduced a new character called “Syracuse”. I don’t remember much about Syracuse but I remember that Syracuse was quite vertically challenged. Somehow or the other, everybody in the house in Ilorin started calling me “Syracuse”.  Somehow,  the nickname morphed from “Syracuse” to “Syra oni Syra”, to “Syra”. I couldn’t shake off the name and just thanked the deities above that it didn’t leave that house. So, I came home one holiday, and I must have been trying to gather sympathy from the wrong sources because I told my brother and he made it worse. He funkified the “Syra” to “Sera” which kind of sounds like “Sarah”.  Dearly beloved, that is how I got stuck with “Sera”.

Nicknames are not bad actually when they’re cute like “Tin Tin” or “Kess”;  but when you have “Bondo”/ “Jango”/”Rabitte”/ “Beast”/ “Dodongba” you begin to wonder why the universe is so unfair. There was a guy in my secondary school whose surname is “Adeoti” and somehow he got dubbed “Goatie”.  Then, as if it was not bad enough, his younger brother came and got called “Small goatie”. Then there are some nicknames that you dub yourself and everybody kind of buys into it… like my friend Kunle Bello. Everybody and their dog calls him “KB”. He went on to adopt it as his stage name “Kaboom – The Detonator”.  Yes, I sound bitter, he has such a cool nickname.

Anyway, please share your nickname with us and some of the funniest and most boring nicknames ever…. don’t forget to share the history and the embarrassing and not-so-embarrasing facts behind the names.

Have a fabulous week ahead. Don’t worry, it’ll soon be Friday.

Peace, love & cupcakes!

Toodles!

Photo Credit: Stock Images

1. koko

June 10, 2013 at 10:20 am

when i was in jss1 ..that was the first time i was going to be alone.as my mum was the head teacher in my primary sch so i was strongly monitored…i got to secondary school a public sch for dat matter ….the freedom was too much …so frm ojodu i treked to ogba then use my tfare plus lunch money to buy sometin we call{sweet mouth] we wld buy ofio,babadudu ,kulikuli,carpet,ekano gowon,owowo(sugard corn nd coconut)aso rock(congealed bornvita)sisi kpelebe nd d best kulikuli i still remeber d seller in ogba bustup……..i became so pupular with kulikuli till i was nicknamed..ALICE KULIKULI……was so frustrating when i became in my senior class..

2. Yinkz

June 10, 2013 at 10:50 am

Atoke no go kill me o but U have brought back memories I tried to suppress. In my pry school days, I was called “Peperica” amonst family and friends simply cuz I had a sharp mouth and was very outspoken. Fast forward to Secondary School, I was nicknamed ‘Spere’ in my JS1 as i erroneously pronounced the shape ‘Sphere’ (My sec school mates, senior and junior till date still call me Spere, some dont even know my name. Even the Principal called me that…lol, It was that bad. After Sec school, the next was my Professional exam classes, as I was the youngest, i earned the nickname ‘Infant’. Recently, I was at the venue of an aptitude test, and my friends started calling Infant left and right (forgetting that I am now married). Well, wat can the righteous do? In Uni, I made sure that I ddnt get a new nickname to join the pack but U hear shouts of Spere or Infant on campus or even at a Client site….#SMH

3. Africhic

June 10, 2013 at 10:53 am

Raggamuffin……. how that came about I have no idea, I am as straight -jacketed as they come.

4. Bleed blue

June 10, 2013 at 11:05 am

Well…I love my nickname…it’s quite cute and I prefer it to my actual name sef…so I don’t begrudge anyone who insists on calling by it.

If I say what it is, some ABZ peeps here may know who I am oh…
    **thinking about it**

5. Mz Socially Awkward...

June 10, 2013 at 11:06 am

MBOLO!! Supposedly, it means “big lips” and don’t ask me what language that even is. All I know is that when I was growing up, one of the maids took to calling me “Mbolo” on account of my luscious lips and then my friends heard about it and it stuck forever. Although, you can trust that I’m now thanking God above for my beautifully wide and generous lips 😉

My dad used to call my kid sister “Roger, the Artful Dodger” when she was a young ‘un because she could dodge housework like a pro (if anyone remembers Beano magazines, you’ll get the reference). Trust that she still neatly avoids the kitchen whenever it’s possible and nickname has continued to apply…

6. salsera

June 10, 2013 at 11:15 am

let me think….lakeside is a cool nickname for leke. then in sec school a girl called bonike was called bony structure. but atoke Siracus no be syracuse (this ur spelling do change am to university in new york oh). Aaah i knew someone whose dad used to call her kekere bi ori anyo(meaning as small as the head of a cockroach) if u see the chic now ehn!

• Bleed blue

June 10, 2013 at 11:43 am

Salsera…Atoke’s spelling is right.
      I appreciate that Syracuse is most associated with the University however the name can either be Syracuse or Cyriacus depending on preference.

In fact if you google “Siracuse” as you’ve sugested, google will say:
      “sorry no vex but did you mean “Syracuse”
      Oya try and let us know how it goes. Love you. Bye. 🙂

• salsera

June 10, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I didnt suggest for anyone to check google – you just jumped to conclusions. my point was that in new masquerade’s character she referred to they didnt use that spelling Syracuse

• Bleed blue

June 10, 2013 at 1:22 pm

LOL!!! Girl chiiiill!!!

I didn’t say you suggested a google search, lol…please the word google doesn’t even appear at all in your comment so how can? I said you suggested the name “Siracuse”.

In any case, be it with regards to the New Masquerade or generic use, Atoke’s spelling IS in fact correct…Still love you…Bye 🙂

7. titi

June 10, 2013 at 11:19 am

I have quite some horrific nicknames. In Junior School, it was Uncle Titi cos of my husky voice which I hated so much at the time. Love it now tho.
    One of the ‘agbayas” in my neighborhood also used to call me SOMALIA or SMA.lol. cos i was very skinny as a child and dint used to eat

8. Chinenye

June 10, 2013 at 11:27 am

While in secondary school, my arms were kind of muscular, so I was nicknamed “Rocky”, not funny at all. Some of my friends from secondary school still call me Rocky. Growing up, I could sleep for Africa, so my siblings called me “Shaq O Neal”. At some point too, I had lots of pimples on one side of my face while the other side was clear, my brothers used to call me “Scarface” (imagine that). LOL. The name that stuck though is “Che”. My eldest sister gave me the nickname. She just decided to shorten my name: Chinenye to Che. My mum (God bless her soul) funkified it to CheChe and most of my aunt’s call me that till date. :-D. The name so stuck that most of my friends call me Che & I even used it as my blog name. While working in a bank, my boss nicknamed me C.D (short form of compact disc) cos I’m small. Some customers started calling me that. They assumed it was my initials. I have had lots of nicknames I guess. LOL.

• Uby

June 10, 2013 at 12:20 pm

lmao @ SCARFACE!!!!!!!!! :’) 🙂

9. eniola

June 10, 2013 at 11:29 am

Heeeey! the banter is finally here. Just love Atoke. Growing up, d first one i got was from my mum, she calls me ”abussy-bussy” from Oluwabusola – everyone around said i was very sharp and bright some could even for-see my future as a lawyer – well, now i wonder where abussy-bussy is, chai, i don dull. :(. Then i had Busmerow LWKMD! 1 Anty Iyabo in the next flat used to call me that because i used to dance so well, especially because i was the first child in the neighborhood to dance so well to patra (if u remember patra -not sure i got the spelling – oh Lord of mercy-mercy….) Lmao, then we moved to a better area and another Anty asked of my English name because she was finding Busola hard to pronounce and i just popped Busmerow! LMAO and that’s how Busmerow stucked even till i finished Uni, one day we were gisting in the hostel about nick-names and mine among others seemed too hillarious not to stick. Then Enny, that comes with Eniola. Note: Busmerow is actually one of my passwords now, when the password requests for at least eight characters. LOL. Have a good week everyone.

• bussie

June 10, 2013 at 1:23 pm

yaaay! my namesake though not nick-name sake.lo. Mine is just bussie or bussy depending on preference and then bus-bus or a-buuseh buuseh 🙂

10. meee

June 10, 2013 at 11:31 am

Lmao @ aso rock, very funny name. Thankfully av not bin stuck with weird nicknames but my surname is something else. Dick! Let’s just say I have been @ d end of so many lewd jokes and av bin soo looking foward to get married n change it.

11. eniola

June 10, 2013 at 11:41 am

Plus the title of the banter itself is hilarious, and funny enough i know someone whose nick-name is skillashi. LOL. Atoke you’ve got magic. 🙂

12. Neo

June 10, 2013 at 11:41 am

Ah nicknames, I have a lot! My brothers used to call me Okponku which morphed into OKPO! Another calls me Nwa Babe. My dad used to call me “Leg pencil” cos of my skinny legs. I have this lie lie aunt who calls me “Tatty Tere” till today. The woman says thats what i used to say when couting for 33. Lies! My Mum sent me a birthday message yday referrng to me as her “handbag” cos thats what they used to call me in the market as I always used to go with her.

My nickname Neo came from an ex. if you watched the Matrix movies, maybe you’ll get. Hmmn that one is story for another day!

13. Yoruba Geh

June 10, 2013 at 11:44 am

up till now am still called AREA SCATTER!…i earned this simply because i wont sit down in my house,i love going to neighbor’s house and i know everything bout everybody in the area..my sisters nicknamed me area scatter and everybody calls me that up till now
    sometimes back,my dad was even begging them to stop calling me that as the name sounds like a tout!

14. If you like vex!

June 10, 2013 at 11:47 am

My dad calls me “Tax Collector” till date. Most times its embarrassing even though I wanna believe I’ve have outgrown the habit of always asking him for money. I mean if I don’t ask him who else would I ask 😀

15. Banke

June 10, 2013 at 11:52 am

mine was ko rowo ra’mu (didn’t find money to buy nose) cos my nose was and still is small lol.

16. nickyminaj

June 10, 2013 at 11:55 am

i was named skinny bonga fish and later skinny bonge cos i was very skinny. later it became letter i cos i was also very straight. that name turned me into the fat person i am now as i tuk everything under the sun to add weight and now that it is too much i cant seem to shake it off.

17. barbiebolu

June 10, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Very funny thing,according to my mum, I liked eating bread when I was small.now that am a mother ..ALL my uncles,aunties and their friends still call me BUREDI…very funny…my high school mates call me ‘I listen’ cos of my surname..ALLINSON…but it was fun sha cos it’s an english name.

18. Hilda

June 10, 2013 at 12:15 pm

LOOL…tax collector is a good one

19. Uby

June 10, 2013 at 12:16 pm

My parents always call me BongBong. I remember my first day in Uni, I was with some friends and my mum was somewhere around. I guess she wanted me around her and then she starts calling BONGBONG! BONGBONG! I almost died, my friends didnt let it go. Years after, I had a best-friend that will shout BONGSIE OR BONGSIE BONGSIE in public. Kai….. 🙁 🙂

20. Sel

June 10, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Mine was Sala Matcho cos I was quite mascular

21. Chika

June 10, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I was called domdom in secondary school because of my navel and it was so embarrassing!!!!!!!!

22. Retrochic

June 10, 2013 at 12:42 pm

omg lol, I have been laughin so hard, dis vistor in my Oga’s recdption, has just been staring, buh who cares, btw I have had 1million nick names, wen I was a child, I had, ebere kom kom, ebere mago mago, when I got into primary they were calling me, mandela, sambala and umbrella, then in sec sch, one annoying teacher called me Capelo, then pple started calling me dt, I literally begged for them to stop, i don tire for them nick names

23. Dora the explorer

June 10, 2013 at 12:44 pm

none 🙁

24. Eyak

June 10, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Mine was Zakky, an abbreviation of Zacheous (the short man in the bible) because I was (still am) quite vertically challenged. Some of the cool guys in in my secondary school thought it was pretty funny then in Enugu when I (a non Igbo), yelled ‘O ga pu’ (she will come out) at a bus stop known as Paskan Jake after school. To my utter mortification, they started calling me Paskan Jake. It never occurred to me to ask why they were all on the same bus if they were that cool. They went right back to Zakky afterwards. Atoke don kill me with laughter. Going down memory lane was fun! A great week ahead people

25. giggy

June 10, 2013 at 12:56 pm

@BONGBONG loooolllll gosh may i not get a query for laughing this much 🙂

26. Abiola

June 10, 2013 at 1:06 pm

lwkmdddd….i am a small person and i kinda like it cus i get away with almost everything…#bigsmile#, truout nursery—-primary—secondary, i was called ‘Smallie” i didnt like d name but wetin girl pikin go do…when i got i into d uni, it was funky’fied’ to “Petite” thank goodness, still sounded tush i liked it..fast forward labor market…my boss n colleagues call “Shanko” #sadface# cus really am d smallest in my office..but wetin woman pikin go do…i don accept destiny…i think would have prefer “orebe” instead of ‘shanko’

27. ze griott

June 10, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I grew up in one of the ghettos of Warri, so its very unlikely that anybody knew each others first name. Mine was always associated with ‘dry’or ‘thin’. Eg. Dry melon, Thin police etc. And in secondary sch I had non but the yoruba girl didn’t get it easy. Her name was Ebun which was changed to Ebolibo(itsekiri word for Swordfish or sth) cos of her long mouth. Then there was other terrible names like ‘kpuvie’, ‘ogbakiri’, ‘tufansha’, ‘rekpetu’… Warri and bad nicknames sha! Hian!

28. Lifegal

June 10, 2013 at 1:13 pm

LMAO at “area scatter , tatty tere and tax collector.” too funny. Mama called me “Atinka” which means well known. In early days of Sec sch, mates called me “bull foot soup” becos they couldn’t pronounce my surname. they even managed to shorten my name “Sarah” to “Sar, saysey, rah, sarita” hahahaha. how can you change a simple name like Sarah???????

• Chinenye

June 10, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Really, how could they have shortened “Sarah” to Sar & Lar. LMAO. I will keep coming back to this post to read more comments and laugh. Thanks Atoke for this writeup. LOL.

29. Shadylaj

June 10, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Lol. Hmnnn…. memories…. I have been called brief and summarized summary because i am petite. Some have called me Shade oloju ede (Shade with the eyeball of a shrimp ani na cray fish lol) because of my big (but sexy)eyeballs

• Nwakaeku

June 11, 2013 at 5:34 am

Rotflmao

30. spicy

June 10, 2013 at 1:43 pm

of all the nicknames i had growing up in warri the one i still hate the most was ‘yellow pawpaw’. it used to piss me off as a child in sec sch and even worse was when i was referred to as the child of ‘oga yellow’ cos my dad was very light back then. gratefully they were too many ‘yellow’ girls in my uni for the nickname to continue 😀

31. bee

June 10, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Atoke, i wan laugh roll comot for chair. My nickname was just too much, first it was “Undone puff puff” given to me by one of my neighbors because i was really chubby and to her i look like puff puff not yet formed by the hot frying oil, fast forward some years later my Grandmother gave me “Idoho Garri” because i did a lot of mixtures with garri, esp garri with toothpaste. How i survive it still beats me, My older brother called me Eba Osofo cos if you cant finish your food just call me and the food will disappear. Just cant help but laugh at those memories

• ada

June 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm

laugh wan make me vomit! OMG

32. jay seal

June 10, 2013 at 3:57 pm

i had being called “British high commissioner” and hammer and chisel because of my dressing

33. nan

June 10, 2013 at 4:05 pm

this is not about me in person but about my elder bro…… he was very skinny with dry skin when we were very young so the kids in my area started calling him tinco or tico (nt sure of the right spelling, i think its part of cow meat very strong n dry i might be wrong) but anyways the name stuck with him till tomoro!! i ran into my one of neighbors recently and he asked after everyone n when it got to my bro he still called him that name ( what of tinco) hahahahahaha this is over 20 yrs after!! i couldnt stop laughing!!!!! funny how these names becomes part of u!!

34. Amaka

June 10, 2013 at 4:15 pm

lol…you all are funny.
    I have several nicknames from wini-friend; makky;makadoo;makusa;amachoco; amy;ama;sleeper;eater; etc lol but I’ll share the story behind “blaze”.
    I got a text message from a friend that was interested in dating me while in school. After reading the message, I laughed and decided to share with my close friends. The part of the text message that made everybody laugh was…”let’s go out in a blaze of glory”.. and that was it. “Blaze” became my new nickname lol

• Chinenye

June 10, 2013 at 5:31 pm

ROFLMAO @ let’s go out in a blaze of glory. Biko, how did bobo come up with that line. LMAO

• Nwakaeku

June 11, 2013 at 5:47 am

Rotflmao,can’t stop,blaze of glory,buhahahahahahaha .

35. X-factor

June 10, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Very hairy me suffered from too many crazz nicknames such as: Bushy Eye Brow, Irun Oju, Irun Imu, Mario, Esau,Early man, Homo Sapien, Homo Erectus funniest of all was SAMANJA……..
    Fast forward Uni days, I was called ‘Breeze’ cos of my restless nature
    Examples of funny nicknames in my sec sch were: Esu, Skeleton bouncer, Bata, Headmaster(cos of his big head), Fallopian tube,tiger, Bruce lee,Eleke, Esitaaaaa….amongst others

• Specs

June 10, 2013 at 5:10 pm

lmao!!!That is sooooo funny. I thought I had it bad but all your nicknames were brutal mehn!! My first full on nickname was such an annoying experience…In Js1 a (stupid)senior had told me I looked Naan (the indian bread), I was like okay, she went ahead to ask if I had eaten naan before, I was tired of the conversation so I lied and said yes….Na so this wicked senior told me to draw naan on a piece of paper in front of my 20 or more roommates….I ended up drawing french bread instead…she burst out laffing and started calling me naan. It caught on and my friends even started funkifying it to different things my fav was Naany,lol.

36. Gracie

June 10, 2013 at 4:22 pm

“Mouth Odour” because i always talk down the guys at high school, lucky me after calming down my teenage hot blood the name went extinct.

37. Scorpio

June 10, 2013 at 4:48 pm

lmaoooo…..so cute. I actually gave myself Scorpio(it a horoscope thing, too timid to get d tattoo), trust 9jas to change it…scorpi, scorpion etc, In high skool, a late friend gave me low waist(I don’t have much of a bum at all), then it changed to Lepa when I travelled out….lol

38. Msunderstood

June 10, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I don laugh tire at all these nick names, too funny.

39. AA

June 10, 2013 at 5:33 pm

so my initials are A.M.A, how on earth this my secondary school mate thought to morph it to Amala then Almighty Amala, i would never know. In anycase, aint nobody calling me that at the mo, so all’s well with the world

40. Oyin

June 10, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Mehn,dis brings back memories,I had so much nick-names growing up,recent one is little bird given 2 me by my sistas,cos u can’t tell me a secret,I simply blot it out wen u least expect

41. Daniella

June 10, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I had a classmate in secondary school whose name was Rebie and the boys in my class started calling her Rabies. That was brutal if you ask me.

42. Bisola

June 10, 2013 at 6:22 pm

My nickname in sec school was the solar system lmao. Then most recently biso and MBL (my initials)

43. Smiley

June 10, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Lmfao. Atoke you rock! Okay in sec scul I was called Buscar as in the luxurious bus cos I had an oblong head, ’twas really a terrible experience cos I used to cry whenever am called that but at some point the name just faded added to the fact that I started growing my hair so that covered it.

44. omojeje

June 10, 2013 at 7:52 pm

LMAO! you all wont get me fired with your comments! growing up, i was called “one o kan” (ie Number one) or christmas tree or shapeless by my parents because they said i was skinny, straight with no curves at all. (am pretty much same anyway No Hips but bumbum dey thou lol). fastwrd to now they call me Rothmans (as in rothmans cigarettes)married now with kids , they bloody still call me rothmans. lol

45. Oyen'ke

June 10, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Laughing out loud @ ‘go out in a blaze of glory’. I mean… That line is absolutely unbelievable! Who says that…
    As for me… You know this up-and-down shoulder movement, the one done by children to show defiance -asko- I used to do it a lot, so my friends in S.S 1 started calling me ‘Ascorbic’

46. EfKay

June 10, 2013 at 10:39 pm

hahaha @ small goatie! Lemme see I’ve been given a number of nicknames but the two stand out. Pepperless and Mimz. My housemistress in secondary school started the Pepperless one cos according to her I was always acting all posh and prim and proper. Everyone else seemed to agree cos the name stuck. Then Mimz was originally Mimimi – which is how my niece pronounced my name as a child. The adults hijacked it and it became Muemimi and then another nephew just shortened it to Mimz. Atoke thanks for making us remember stuff like this…

47. toyin o

June 11, 2013 at 3:50 am

In high school we called a girl named ANU – ANUS, she also happened to have bow legs so we sang “bow lege lege, lege bikers, lege sanchos etc…” whenever she walked by. Then there was another guy (who happens to be a famous rapper now and heartrob 😀 .).. who we called “MAGIC SCHOOL BUS” because his head was shaped like a school bus…and we would whisper “Is this the magic school bus” repeatedly when he walked by…lmao. There were loads where loads more> BULGEE -cos she had bulgy eyes, ASPEN CIGAR – cos she was skinny, NASA – (Non academic students association): cos they never seemed to be present in class, ONOGORILLA – Cos his last name was Onagoruwa, OBO – (monkey) cos he was chubby and black and all his group of friends were called OBO FAMILY….I mean there was alot more….dang we were mean kids!

• Chinenye

June 11, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa @ Is this the magic school bus? LMFBO (thanks for reminding me of the program, it was very educative). @ “OBO FAMILY”, you guys were mean ooo. LOL.

48. Eve

June 11, 2013 at 7:16 am

In my case, the nickname that has stood the test of time will be ‘Skele’. Growing up my bestie and her siblings used to call me skeleton bc I was so skinny and super tall. My siblings and childhood friends loved the name and it just caught on. Everyone had there own version…from Skele holdings to Skele Plc, it just wouldn’t stop. At first I was so upset and would refuse to answer. When they found out that it hurt me, it was like fueling the whole thing. At a point I was like what the heck! If you can’t beat them, join them.

My bestie is married with a 4 yr old, and her husband who doesn’t even know the origin of the name calls me Skele. Even her 4yr old is like hello Aunty Skele lol!

49. Chic

June 11, 2013 at 9:00 am

Lol Atoke just got you all to stylish reveal your identities on here! If I reveal my nicknames all my former schoolmates, friends and family who read BN will know its me but some of these nicknames are so funny I can’t stop laughing

50. jane

June 11, 2013 at 11:51 am

oh my,where do i start from? My sister used to call me ‘short stumpy legs’ or madam d madam when i was little cos i was fat. In secondary sch, the name bcame ‘natty’ cos i was thin as a rake. Actually used to cry over Natty bcos of what it connotes…commissioner for longerthroat! Thanks At, for reminding us of the good ole days

51. unsocial butterfly

June 11, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Lool, some hilarious name here. I had a fair share of my own, from (ominikun to orebe) razz secondary school days. Recently, it is ‘menny’ from my benin name, even the ex-bf joined them. The funny part was when my friends wld sing 50cents ‘many men’ . It would go like ‘menny men, menny menny menny men…’ Lool

52. unsocial butterfly

June 11, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Hilarious names *nonsense typo*

53. molly

June 11, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Lol my elder brother named my younger brother bari white cos when we were younger he would go to my parents room every night to rub powder all over his body. Then peelibaitis because the skin between his two laps used to peel as he was very fat. Then my current nickname that im called at home is omonigho as my brothers feel i love money too much. Then my mum’s version is oku ne ri ego. currently im serving there is this corper that named me ekosa, omo eko simply because he cant pronounce Efosa.

54. Margarita

June 12, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Lmao!!!! Funny nicknames! Well, bcos of my name; margaret, maggie is d prominent one. But my friends av modified it; magz (which I like), margy, marga, mag. Others are yellow pawpaw (even beggars call me yellow!), mammy water, omo jo ibo (she looks like ibo), mama parcel (given to me by d same silly friend who gave me sergeant maggie), idi nla of destiny, toolz miniature *sighs* d list is endless!

55. HRS

June 18, 2013 at 9:42 am

Choi! I’ve got nice ones like Bussy Baby, Bussy Bomba, Bussy Bugs… And a few others with Bussy ad prefix, but that particular one I’ve had since I was little, that my Aunt will not let go… Choi, it is too embarrassing to mention!

56. Tbabes

June 19, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Back in the days, One boy in my estate was nick named ‘iron bololo’…..dnt know why, probably had a vry hard head 🙂

57. bee

July 25, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I have had quite no of nicknames growing up. My landlord used to call me Abiola ologundudu original, then my friends at oxbridge called me MKO (pronounced as one word), some still call me that. Some lady whos a caterer calls me aunty pupa. My brother and some friends call me miss bee. my friend calls me riri because he heard me sing one day and he has been going on about how much I can sing (he is being sarcastic). My sisters sometimes call me iya omo jo ibo because they say my son has an igbo accent…so good remembering these things.

58. FunkyW

November 19, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Lol, my nicknames have been pleasant, they range from funky diva, funkiss, funkyw , mama willie. Mum used to call me oluwafunky but I protested and she stopped.

My brothers- Fisayo ; Effi-squeeze, Effi-runaway, Effizy and Rotimi- Rotexy, Rots, Rotizzle, Baba Rote…

59. cheap wedding rings

January 26, 2014 at 1:45 am

I savour, lead to I found just what I used to be having a look for. You’ve ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye