For the Team Natural ladies and gents, the twist out is most likely the easiest hairstyle and way to get really defined curls in your hair. So BN Beauty decided to give you some great tips to help maintain your twists and help them last longer.
You would only need a few items/products and your twists can go a long way to staying in for much longer.
Check them out.
1. Always make your twists using smaller twists. Smaller twists generally last longer; this is because the fact that you are using smaller sections, means the twists will be stronger and firmer. Big twists are a bit too chunky to control and have a lot more volume to work with.
So instead of using big sections, start out with small sections and do this all around your hair and then follow your usual twist out process. It may take longer than usual, but at least your hair maintains its shape longer.
2. After you have applied some water and your desired products, some of us can become impatient and take the twists out before they dry completely. If you do this, your twist would not be as firm as they’re meant to and will come loose way to soon.
Instead let them dry out, overnight if possible. When you’re about to take the twists out, touch each strand all the way to the root to check if it is dry. If your twists are not dry, leave them in a little while longer until they are.
3. If your twist outs start to look frizzy and loose, apply a few spritz of water to sections of your hair and add some curling pudding to them, re-twist and leave to dry overnight.
4. Always re-twist your hair before you go to bed. They don’t have to be exact but they should be twisted enough that they keep the curls intact.
5. Always sleep with a satin or silk scarf. This is so your twists are in a slippery casing so they don’t get tugged and come loose while you sleep. Be sure to use satin or silk because other fabrics could strip your hair of moisture and cause breakage.
There they are. 5 easy tips to keep in your beauty arsenal and help you keep your twists in tact.
In case you are one of our many beautiful natural sisters and you don’t know how to achieve a twist out, check out Natural Neiicey‘s hair tutorial on how to get a twist out. Enjoy and be sure to let us know what tips you may have for maintaining twist outs.