One of the most under-estimated looks of all time is the Clean Beauty look (also referred to as the No-makeup makeup look).
I have encountered people who assume that when your makeup is nice and clean and almost natural it automatically means that your makeup techniques are whack. This is a classic look and I am more often than not seen with just clean glowy skin, blush, mascara and lip balm.
What people fail to realize with this look is the fact that it is the most universal look of all.
It can be worn to run errands, go out for brunch with the girls, picnic, date night and even red carpet (if you have the nerve to dare the paparazzi tearing you apart for ‘not making an effort with your makeup though’).
During the dry season, this is a great go-to look as it would allow you to apply a combination of moisturizer and sunscreen.
I love to see some colour on skin but to me nothing compares to the classy elegance of beautiful skin and minimalist makeup. Don’t get me wrong; well-applied colour is a sight for sore eyes but sometimes it clashes with all the wonderful colours of nature around us.
That natural and radiant glow with makeup isn’t difficult to achieve. All you need are the right techniques and you are well on your way to being a bonafide ‘natural beauty’
- Apply a generous layer of moisturizer + sunscreen. I love the Khuraira Balance Control lotion which has a matte finish for this. This is especially for those who have really oily skin. For combination skin, I use the Sleek Studio daytime creme with spf 30.
- Using foundation, BB cream, CC cream, tinted moisturizer (or whatever works for you), even out the skin. Cover visible blemishes with creamy concealer and a patting motion.
- Set foundation with a light sweep of loose powder using a large powder brush.
- With an angled fluffy brush, sweep contouring powder into the hollows of your cheeks and sides of the nose.
- Using the large powder brush apply the highlighter to the upper cheek bones, bridge of the nose and forehead.
- Finally, lightly dab a little clear gloss on your lips
Even beauty blogger Shirley B.Eniang loves the clean beauty look, see how she achieves it.
I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial and the post and let me know what you use to achieve your clean beauty look.
Photo & Video Credit: Youtube.com/Shirley Eniang | Carlos Chela, Barbara & 1923, Sarah Ogunbor
Barbara Onianwah is an Advertising and makeup professional. She spends her days as a Client Service/Digital Marketing professional in one of Nigeria’s bigger Advertising Agencies and her nights as a Social Media & Beauty afficionado who straddles between using the internet to build her personal brand – Barbara & 1923 and helping various Clients build their online presence.
She is also a proficient beauty writer and writes for WOW magazine and styljunki.com. You can find her on her blog www.barbara1923.com | Twitter – @piriye | Instagram – barbara1923 |Pinterest – Barbara1923.