Events

Meet the Best in Beauty! Scoop on the 1st Makeup In Nigeria Conference

What do you get when you bring Nigeria’s top Makeup Artists, Entrepreneurs and Enthusiasts under one roof? The Makeup In Nigeria Conference (MINC) 2014!

It is not news that the beauty industry in Nigeria is growing at a rapid rate and with the influence of Nigerian Makeup brands, artists, entrepreneurs and enthusiasts; it is more than certain that there is no going back in beauty in Nigeria.

For the 2014 MINC scheduled to hold next week, Wednesday 30th April 2014, BN Beauty will be bringing you all the scoop. Today, we have got exclusive photos of planning committee for the conference – Tara Fela Durotoye of House of Tara, Eni Lise Balogun of Lise Beauty Range, Artistic Director of L’Oreal Central West Africa – Bimpe Onakoya, Pioneer Makeup Artist – Bayo Haastrup, Lola Maja-Okejevoh of My Sacred Beauty, Funmi Abeke of Abeke Makeovers, Bunmi Oyeniyi of Unveil Makeovers, Chidinma Ukonu of Divine Looks, Fatima Mamza of Mamza Beauty, Teniolami Adejuwon of The Beauty Entrepreneur, Love Olaleye of Flawless Touch Makeover and Kunbi Fashakin of Sit Pretty Makeovers at the fun and exciting campaign shoot.

Don’t you just love it when you see makeup artists coming together for the greater good of beauty? We definitely do!

See the fab photos below:

Makeup In Nigeria Conference 2014 - BellaNaija - April2014002

Makeup In Nigeria Conference 2014 - BellaNaija - April2014005

Eni Lise Balogun of Lise Beauty Range

Makeup In Nigeria Conference 2014 - BellaNaija - April2014009

Teniolami Adejuwon of the Beauty Entrepreneur

Makeup In Nigeria Conference 2014 - BellaNaija - April2014012

Pioneer Makeup Artist, Bayo Haastrup

Makeup In Nigeria Conference 2014 - BellaNaija - April2014014 Makeup In Nigeria Conference 2014 - BellaNaija - April2014010 Makeup In Nigeria Conference 2014 - BellaNaija - April2014011

Don’t go yet, that’s not all. We also have an exclusive behind the scenes video! Watch Tara Fela-Durotoye, Bimpe Onakoya, Lola Maja-Okejevoh, Bayo Haastrup and our other amazing Makeup personalities groove to Chris Brown’s Forever and take the amazing shots at Kelechi Amadi-Obi‘s studio. Enjoy.

MINC 2014 - BellaNaija - April2014

Will you be attending the MINC 2014? We hope to see you there!

1. Call me Gorgeous...

April 25, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Why isnt BMPRO – Banke Meshida Lawal not among?! She is still the best MUA in the country in my humble opinion.

2. Nuna

April 25, 2014 at 3:35 pm

YAYYYYYYY! Mamza beauty! The best gaddem MUA this country has produced. My opinion

3. Bisi BusyBee!

April 25, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Nice one! I like the collaboration involved in the makeup sector. with their regular meetings such as POP Connect series etc, I really admire their unity. Keep up!!!
    I see my friend Kunbi Sit Pretty, way to go!!!
    Cheers, BusyBee busybeeeventsng.com

4. Ane

April 25, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Please where us Elaine of Shomya_lag. this list aint complete at all>

5. Hadiza

April 25, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Pls how true is it that MUAs in Nigeria charge as high as 100k for bridal makeup? Also pls does this apply to prices in abuja as well or it’s just a Lagos thing? Thanks

• Ane

April 25, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Hadiza, 100k is even okay.
      BMPro charges an unbeleiveable amount. Make up business aint beans anymore.

• oyeprof

May 6, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Darling 100,000 is for one day only sef. If your wedding spreads across 2 days like most folks, you’re looking at a minimum 180,000-200,000 for the supposedly top makeup artists and this isn’t with gele tying or hair-do.

6. tinnu 29

April 25, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Ahh! Where is my nuber one MUA Banke Meshida? Love her so much,her work standsout for me!

7. Chi

April 25, 2014 at 4:27 pm

The best MUA IMO, is Banke Meshida. Anytime I see her work, I am in awe!!

8. Igbeyinadun

April 25, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Where is Banke

9. Adia

April 25, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Note to Editor: The song is “Beautiful People”

10. Miss Mo

April 25, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Hadiza pls 100k is cheap these days for good professional bridal makeup. Doesn’t Banke Meshida charge like 250k – 300k for 2 days. Her hands are blessed tho’. Awesome work all the time.

11. Aisha

April 25, 2014 at 6:44 pm

There is something really cool about Bayo…looks like a stress-free guy.

12. kemi o

April 25, 2014 at 7:08 pm

i hear she said she will not be around for the conference.hmm

13. Lobatan

April 25, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Trust my banke not to be available.. I don’t blame her at all jare. As for this list e get as e be oh.. Mmmm

• That_beauty_babe

April 25, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Ah oh, supportin younger ones seems like the right thing to do oh… One must not turn their nose down because everyone started from somewhere. Mamza is the best in Abuja! Please come to Lagos . And Bayo is Amazing! Would pay plenty to be in his class o

14. tunde ade

April 25, 2014 at 9:34 pm

why will banke say she is not available for an INDUSTRY event?thats the problem with women sha
    over competition.

15. tayo

April 25, 2014 at 9:37 pm

i think they were trying to have a mix of young old and older mua in the group ,i guess that makes it inclusive

16. Wale

April 25, 2014 at 9:41 pm

I think this is a nice initiative. The Makeup Industry in Nigeria has come of age to have a conference of this nature. I believe this is how the Nollywood started. It was not appreciated until people started making tons of money from it.

The makeup industry in Nigeria is a multi-million naira industry and I think we have tons of creative Makeup Artists in the country.

17. ayo

April 25, 2014 at 9:42 pm

but i saw her picture on a flyer

18. Lola Ranti

April 25, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Ah ah! All these comments about Banke not being there, abi this is an industry conference. These people decided to support the makeup industry, they were not paid I hear, they just wanted to show support. Abeg, every makeup artist whether established or upcoming has their own skill set and we should be proud for the recognition. Fantastic job Makeup in Nigeria Conference!

19. Gbemisola_aa

April 25, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Waaaooo, this is special. I remember being a young makeup artist and looking up to people like tars and banke, I would love to see younger ones like Joyce and shomya next year. This is just the beginning ooo. Bella naija abeg carry more posts like this, let people know this is an INDUSTRY, not a hobby!

20. Gbemisola_aa

April 25, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Waaaooo, this is special. I remember being a young makeup artist and looking up to people like tara and banke, I would love to see younger ones like Joyce and shomya next year. This is just the beginning ooo. Bella naija abeg carry more posts like this, let people know this is an INDUSTRY, not a hobby!

21. deb

April 26, 2014 at 12:01 am

There will always be some kind of segregation. I know some upcoming makeup artist that are not popular but 100 times better than some MUA listed above.

22. Franca

April 26, 2014 at 4:24 am

BM not being a part of this is controversial. L’oreal is trying to dilute the bizness in nigeria, if only all these above ones see beyond all the present glamour and stuffs….

I will hold back much more info, lets wait and see how things turn out (Maybelline is owned by Loreal)

23. Bukbuk

April 26, 2014 at 11:24 am

Kunbi is the best ever,my honest opinion.

24. jellyzglamfairy

April 26, 2014 at 2:45 pm

wow you guyz are the best you all look fabulous and am so happy. For all the upcomings bigups

25. bisi

April 27, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Mamzaa!!!

26. Tessa

April 28, 2014 at 9:35 am

There’s a lot of amazing Make- up Artists, but Bobbi brown is the best for me, I so love her make-up manual book, plus the great tips she shared on her you tube channel. ranker.com/list/who-is-the-best-makeup-artist-/iwanttobeamakeupartist?utm_expid=16418821-2.PAaBT_MORcmI67lBYq2pgw.0

27. NaijaPikin

April 28, 2014 at 2:51 pm

See these silly people. Ah ah Banke is unavailable and you are mad because??????You want to manage her schedule for her. You are the same pple that will abuse her if she cancels a prior engagement just to make this event.

Just incase you don’t know, people plan their weddings a yr in advance. Banke is considered naijas fave MUA, so it’s not far fetched that her calendar might be booked up wayyyy in advance.

Abeg stop looking for how to catch beef with someone, appreciate the initiative and recognize other talented MUAs showing support.

28. makeup junkie

April 29, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I can’t wait I’m so excited to go to this event. I love Lola and Bimpe and Bayo. They’re such amazing makeup artists who dont just do the normal bridal makeup. I really want to learn from them. All these comments about Banke I don’t understand why you’re focusing on the fact she’s not there and look at who is actually there. All of these great hands in one building. Its truly inspirational.

29. pwaxxy

May 15, 2014 at 11:08 am

Its really nice seeing all the makeup artists coming to together to be united despite there differences, NICE ONE………….. but i have not seen BANKE MESHIDA …….nice one Tara.finally i don see d MAMZA BEAUTY weldone dear though i was expecting more from you bt its ok dear u Rock

30. Cakefacemom