Events

BN Red Carpet Fab: 2015 Grammy Awards

BellaNaija.com

Rihanna

Rihanna

The 57th Annual Grammy Awards took place last night and the early hours of this morning at the Staples Center, Los Angeles, USA and it was quite a night as the biggest music stars stepped out in all grandeur.

Hosted once again by LL Cool J, the event which ended a few hours ago saw in attendance the biggest names in music from Beyonce, Rihanna, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Ciara, Lady Gaga, Kimberly Perry, Sam Smith, Mary J. Blige, Miley Cyrus, Zendaya, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Madonna, Paul McCartney, Paris Hilton, Nicole Kidman, Iggy Azalea, Jennifer Hudson, Rita Ora, Neyo, Chris Brown, Jhene Aiko, Ed Sheeran, Sia, Kelly Osbourne, Jessie J, Big Sean, Ariana Grande, Mike Will Made It, Kat Graham, Childish Gambino, John Legend, Chrissy Teigen, Gwen Stefani, Pharell Williams and more.

Check out the red carpet photos

Couple Love

John Mayer

Mali Music

Mali Music

Photo Credit: Getty Images

1. lol

February 9, 2015 at 5:48 am

I’m not hating but why does Kim k always look overdressed for certain events.the dress over powered her figure.Bn pharell outfit glowed in the dark and was white on the red carpet.funny how ugly rihanna dress is but she still looks stunning. Zendaya reminds me of 90s nia long.

• ......

February 9, 2015 at 9:54 am

aunty Kim i guess you can return Grand Pa Ric Flair’s Robe now….

• Wuggy

February 9, 2015 at 6:14 pm

More like Hugh Hefners’! LOL.

2. Lady Zee

February 9, 2015 at 5:48 am

I am so proud of lady gaga, she looked amazing!!! It was a nice breathe of fresh air from her usual fashion choices!

3. Author Unknown

February 9, 2015 at 5:51 am

Angelique Kidjo representin’

4. BlueEyed

February 9, 2015 at 5:57 am

Some of these ladies weren’t playing on that carpet and even on stage,I lost count of some right of the runway couture gowns….that said Taylor swift in Elie Saab and Rihanna in Giambattista Valli did it for me, not forgetting Gwen stefani in Atelier Versace and her mini version Charli xcx in Moschino, love love love.

• donjazzyagain

February 9, 2015 at 9:39 am

Nigerians eh…….

5. Bobo

February 9, 2015 at 5:59 am

ok Ri Ri!

6. mabel

February 9, 2015 at 6:03 am

Ye is that not Beyonce I see with Kim in the same pic? Oh some people will hug transformer after seeing this. Lol. Have a lovely day people. Remember you don’t know this people one on one so please stop acting like you know them. Forming voltrons up and down. Lol.

7. bruno

February 9, 2015 at 6:25 am

rihanna is the best dressed of the night hands down.I love what she’s wearing.

this is how you do it .you show up to “snatch” people’s weaves.

rihanna doesn’t obey any rules in fashion. she is dressed appropriately to the grammys. the colour of the gown is vibrant, eye catching,shocking and she is standing out from everyone.

rihanna has given us something to talk about. we would be talking about this gown (gambastista valli couture) for the next 6 months which is very good for her brand,cause she has a new album coming out. RIHANNA, WERK!!!

8. Tunde

February 9, 2015 at 6:32 am

First to comment…. dancing shoki to sleep….

See as kanye Grabbed my beloved wife Nyansh and Queen bae looking awesome as usual…

And don’t .. March4buhari

• Bleed Blue

February 9, 2015 at 9:26 am

First to comment?

NOT QUITE.

Oh mannnn! Where did “The Amaka” go to? I miss that chic!

9. Marie Antoinette

February 9, 2015 at 6:42 am

Glam! The best Grammy red-carpet! Super impressive! Now they got the memo…even the usual suspects behaved, Gaga, Miley Cyrus…
    Just a few misses, two or three maybe.

10. bruno

February 9, 2015 at 6:44 am

and the worst dressed goes to (drum roll)…………..
    BEYONCE!!!!.

I fell asleep when I saw her dress.
    how many times will she wear a long, tight, body hugging gown.

let me tell u beyonce’s red carpet uniform. if its not a tight figure hugging mermaid gown it will be a tight figure hugging short dress. so boring

what pains me the most is, she is beyonce. she can have any dress in this world. every designer will stop all what they are doing gladly, just so they can design a dress for the queen.

this look was very uninspiring, boring and very dated. give us something new. #beyhive

honorable mention:madonna
    mama, what the hell are you doing. I feel sorry and embarrassed for you. you are seeking attention. you look desperate. look at annie lenox, she is dressed appropriately for a woman her age.

• mrs chidukane

February 9, 2015 at 8:00 am

Gosh,Bruno you just spoke my mind. See small gehs like Rita Ora slaying. Its so sad. I love her so much but her fashion and beauty choices are so off. Must it always be black gown? A woman that can snap her fingers and have the best stylists and designers in the world scrambling to dress her? The worst is that she has the best body. She can wear anything, Jeez. She should stop being sentimental and fire that her stylist biko. He’s clearly dragging her back or keep him and hire another stylist or 3. She has the money. Beyoncé please stop breaking my heart.

This paragraph is for those calling her out cos of no picture with kim k…have your seats.

• Conservativebeyhive

February 9, 2015 at 8:23 am

You got that right bru bru !! She is Beyoncé and she ain’t got sh*t to prove !! And guess what? She knows it.

11. Grown Woman

February 9, 2015 at 6:47 am

Thank God most people are covered up…most of the ladies looking hot…my best dressed are Yonce,Ms.Braxton,Mary J, Kim,Ciara,Nick Minaj and Ashanti.What happpened to Pharells GF?Pharell looks dapper.

12. Schatzilein

February 9, 2015 at 6:49 am

Apart from nicki minaj and Nicole Kidman…they all loookk AWFUL Jesus Christ…what the hell is rihanna wearing??Sia what is that on your head…kai..dem no try at all

13. mmmmm

February 9, 2015 at 7:51 am

Hmmmm wah z dat Knight lady wearing???? Kim must always look weird….. Wah’s dat??? Iggy looks 9ce buh d transparent part f d hemline wasn’t necessary…. Dnt knw wah Clara z wearing….. Miley Miley 2 much cut…. Zendaya 9ce…..Sia I dnt knw y u always wanna hide ur face y??? Riri looks composed….. Kelly osbourne wah??? After nw u’ll start trashing pple in fashion police….. I love kat Graham look(bonnie) ….. Jst gr8…..lots f pretty dresses

• Mz Socially Awkward...

February 9, 2015 at 12:37 pm

I saw Kelly Osbourne’s photo and was also mentally shaking my head, wondering how the Fashion Po-po would have slayed anyone else wearing that.

Honourable mention to Gwen Stefani, Mali Music and Angelique Kidjo. I have absolutely mad love for you three artistes and your music. Also loving the fact that you turned up looking nice in your own way – no need to push envelops, just generally well presented.

14. mrs chidukane

February 9, 2015 at 8:05 am

My best dressed is Toni Braxton. She did not come to play. I also love Guilliana, Gwen Stefani,Jessi J, Katy Perry (sorry,i love beaded dresses, lol), Rita Ora especially hair and makeup. I like Charli xcx and Ciara looks fierce. Beyoncé looks horrible, I pray these pictures will open her eyes to see she needs to let her stylist and glam squad go.

15. Tim

February 9, 2015 at 8:33 am

Best Dressed Female – Angelique Kidjo. *drops mic*

16. lois

February 9, 2015 at 8:47 am

Angelique kidjo, where you dey go? It looks like say na naming ceremony…rhianna, I loveeeee you BUT it was as I saw your name I had to scroll up to rememba d outfit.. You cud av shut it down… But this is anoda look… I love you even more… Thanks for pushing the fashion envelope… Gwen!!! My girl!!!! I can be your intern!! LAMB is just as fab as you… Malachi!!! Love… Kim k and kanye stole santa’s costume and remixed it… But the looked better than beyonce… Truly I am bored with beyonce… Sooo bored…get away already… Taylor is hot!! Dats all for the night.. The rest just managed to try… Sheyi shay and all dose rubbish dat call demselves musicians can come and copy now… Their hand book is out!

• Aunty

February 9, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Angelique is wearing African print & style. Please fall back!

17. Mo

February 9, 2015 at 8:53 am

competition:show of the breast and arms…..

18. Sugar

February 9, 2015 at 8:57 am

Lady gaga, thats the way to go. It does feel beautiful to look and act sane doesn,t it

19. MIST

February 9, 2015 at 8:59 am

Riri Tho? she looks lie a cake topper. Oh boy am I glad that Nicki cleans up so good even Lady Gaga and Bruno is right, Bey looks boring.

20. deb

February 9, 2015 at 9:01 am

Beyonce has been giving me concern for a while now, her hair is always rough, her makeup doesn’t make her face glow, like she did it herself, I hope she is fine?…

21. LILO

February 9, 2015 at 9:03 am

Beyoncé and her v- neck, body hugging mermaid sheer/ see- through net dresses can be so predictable sha

• LILO

February 9, 2015 at 9:04 am

You can just tell she is boring off stage…at home, in bed, etc

• not my hair

February 9, 2015 at 1:22 pm

you know this??? How?

22. deb

February 9, 2015 at 9:08 am

Then KIM, her dress looks like it’s santa clause inspired especially the sleeves.

23. ada nnewi

February 9, 2015 at 9:17 am

On Rihanna, I beg to differ her dress if fugly and swallows her petit frame.
    Annie lennox looks amazeballs for 60.
    Madonna is trying too hard.
    Nicki looks amazing but her eyes are so sad, she looks like she needs a big hug.
    Ciara is on fire!!! She looks awesome!
    I don’t understand chrissy teigen’s cheeks…her makeup artist makes them look bizarre.
    Indie arie in this case, you are your hair.
    John Mayer equals major drool fest!
    Kim please why did you step out in a bejewelled bathrobe.
    Helen lasichanh thought she was attending an Olympics trial.
    Nicole Kidman is Ageless!!!
    Frances and Smokey Robinson look like Siblings…

24. Radiant

February 9, 2015 at 9:23 am

I only saw Nicole Kidman, her dress and shoes.

25. ecneica

February 9, 2015 at 9:25 am

Best dressed for me are RIHANNA and CIARA. This is how you dress for the Grammys.

26. love me

February 9, 2015 at 9:35 am

Is Riri pregnant? lol.. anyways my love Kate Gharam,
    @Helen Lasichanh wttf is she wearing???
    @La’Myia Good/rianna… lol she for go naked nah!
    @Olivia Culpo … good!
    @Adriana G.. love the back details but im still looking at the silver thingy in the front
    @ mummy Annie Lennox …. so lovely!
    @ciara baby… nice!
    @kim, whatsup wt d kissing??? iranu
    @rest… they are okay need to get back to work

27. ecneica

February 9, 2015 at 9:41 am

Kat Graham slayed as well

28. amy

February 9, 2015 at 9:59 am

Beyonce is my best dressed….like y’all said, she’s BEYONCE and has nothing to prove to u haters….. Am a big fan

29. Mide

February 9, 2015 at 10:12 am

Out of all the red carpet glam, i fell in love with carolyn malachi and gwen stefani’s looks. Rihanna’s dress would have been beautiful if it had some fitting between the bust and half length of the dress but i get that she is rocking a trend. A fashion goddess like her can do no wrong.

30. rocky

February 9, 2015 at 10:24 am

oo… riri i love yhu so
    zendaya thumbs up
    (fashionslayers)

31. Tomatoes

February 9, 2015 at 10:32 am

hmmmmm….this trend of fashion…or would say breast-showing-fashion, .dikwa risky ooo….bad market for bra business…chaii!

32. Someone Naughty

February 9, 2015 at 10:44 am

Taylor Swift, the ladies in tuxedos. It’s like a memo was sent out that black was the order of the day… Ashanti looks like she’s trying too hard most of the time and she needs to be trained on red carpet posing.

33. SmashingM

February 9, 2015 at 11:51 am

Toni Braxton all the way. Looking young and pretty

34. rs

February 9, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Mali music lovestruck … yummy man

35. Anon

February 9, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Rihanna pushed the envelope with that dress.
    ecneica – I agree with you. Rihanna and Ciara looked swell.

36. Tru

February 9, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Babyface can do me anytime #LoveStruck

37. uju

February 9, 2015 at 2:00 pm

i admire RiRi’s guts sha in showing the human side of her old song ‘Umbrella”. lol…Le Hawt Bae Taylor Swift, Graham (Bonnie) and my darling Mali Music are my best dressed though. Nicole,Nicki, Iggy, and Zendeya slayed also

38. Aunty

February 9, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Am I the only one that thought “Sean de paul” his pic came up?

39. Ceeceelicious

February 9, 2015 at 3:08 pm

All I see is MALI MUSIC!!!!He so didn’t disappoint on that red carpet*Running off to listen to his songs*

40. tish

February 9, 2015 at 3:25 pm

You’ll either love or hate Rihanna’s look for the awards, there is no middle ground on that one. I absolutely love it, everything about it works for me. That’s my idea of stealing the show. Such elegance!

41. vibe

February 9, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Toni Braxton is such an ageless beauty… I couldn’t recognise Gwen Stefani, regardless of how much I tilt my head.
    Did anyone else notice that Jennifer Hudson’s head is not her size?

42. hyin

February 10, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Joy Villa, looked hella desperate…horrendous choice in dress. Most of the women, except for Kim K, looked gorgeous and elegant.

43. Tunmi

February 11, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Zendaya looks too much like Jennifer Lopez, like she could be her daughter. Whenever they do a biopic, I nominate Zendaya

44. African Salon Dubai

February 12, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Zendaya…very classy and sexy, topped by Ciara.

45. Ebony

March 16, 2015 at 6:22 pm

BN I doubt those that wore print never thought they’d be categorized under a word called “printastic”