Features

Atinuke Aweda: World Record Dash

“You are getting fat”. “Babes you need to watch it o!” Those were words I started hearing recently. In truth they were right. I had added a few kilos. To mark the end of year festivities in 2014, My sister and I decided to outsource cooking to a caterer. We made a list of food we wanted to have in the house, Chinese rice and sauce, sauté vegetables, ofada stew and egusi soup. I don’t know where the caterer got her recipe for egusi soup from. It was the best I have had in a long time (Mum’s egusi soup matched up in a traditional way). The egusi soup did not have oil covering it like most Yoruba soups, the taste was fantastic and most importantly it had this wide array of cow leg (Bokoto) and fish in it. This egusi soup made me eat poundo yam at midnight on 2 occasions. I mean, it was just the best. Everytime someone just ‘felt like’ eating ‘swallow’, we all knew it was that egusi soup. So I wasn’t so sad that I had put on some weight. The soup made the additional kilos worth the while.

However, imagine running into someone and after exchanging pleasantries, the next set of words are, “Babes you are adding weight o” or “Watch your tummy fat”. I have to smile or laugh and look for an excuse to give. Some of the excuses I give sound like “Don’t worry, I have been indulging of late” or “Blame it on the junk food”. I had to give a good impression. It was beginning to get annoying. So, it was time to shed the weight. Thankfully, the egusi soup had finished.

To kick-off the weight loss session, I decided to go jogging this wonderful Saturday morning. (I don’t know who sent me). My alarm woke me up at 6:30am. I started by jogging within my compound then decided to take it to the street. White sleeveless top, black shorts with white thin stripes by the sides, completed with black running shoes. I had the crisp look. I started with slow walks, feeling the clean Saturday morning fresh air on my face; I picked up my pace and walked faster. I walked briskly from one end of the street to the other. It was an enclosed street so I decided to break into a run. I ran the length of my street once and decided to take my exercise to the neighboring street. (Wrong move, I should have remained on my street). So, here I was enjoying my early morning jogging exercise, the tingling sensation had started in my thighs, it showed the fat had started burning already. (I was told that was what it indicated) Work it out! I thought to myself increasing my pace a little. My street was a long one which curved into another long street so it was easy jogging as I followed the bend. I made the first bend and was about to start the other bend when I saw this group of young men.

There were 5 of them clustered and chatting loudly, I brushed off the initial alarm and continued jogging. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw why they were all clustered. Here were these 5 young men, 3 of them held chains in their hands the first chain held a Black Rottweiler, the second held a full Breed Cream and White Alsatian and the third held a Black and White Caucasian. Just in case you are wondering, these are dogs. When I say dogs, I mean DOGS! My jogging exercise was over in my head. I just couldn’t move. The Alsatian sensed my presence and turned towards me. I took a step back instinctively. One of the young men noticed and turned to my direction. “It’s fine you can continue your exercise” he said casually. “We take Saturday morning walks with the dogs”. Slowly I started walking. Slowly, not to make any sudden movement that would offend the gods, sorry dogs, which were watching me. One of the guys decided it was the right time to taunt me and made a sudden barking sound; I screamed and broke into a run. That was my offence against the Rottweiler. It jerked so suddenly the owner wasn’t expecting the sudden movement and did not tighten his hold on the chains. It broke free and started running after me.

I heard a clanging sound and screams behind me and turned to see what the noise was about. The dog was in full pursuit with its chain scrapping the floor as it ran forward. Hmmm people, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce had nothing on me at that moment. If it was a 100m dash competition between both of us at that point, she would have eaten the dust from my sprint. I didn’t know my body could generate such speed, I didn’t know my voice could get so loud. I ran. I screamed. I can’t even remember what I was saying. I remember hearing my voice so loud as I ran. I ran!

Dear God, I ran! I kept running and screaming at the top of my lungs for help from any side. Security guards who were previously in their compounds heard my noise and came out to know what was going on. My brain couldn’t register that I should run into one of the compounds; I just kept running and screaming. Finally, one of the security guards motioned for me to run into his compound. He closed the gate immediately I ran in. 3 seconds later the dog was pounding at the gate. Thank God for steel gates. My legs were visibly shaking I couldn’t stand anymore, I sat on the floor, I was out of breath. The occupants of the house came out at the sound of the commotion outside their gate. The security guard explained the situation to them as I struggled to catch my breath. Outside the gate I heard voices as they tried to calm the dog down. “Easy boy, Easy boy” I heard. “Good dog, quiet now”, then the dog would bark again and they would start the calming spell all over again. Finally there was silence at the gate. All the while, no one dared to open the gate to see what was going on outside. The occupants of the house tried to calm me down. The security guard made to open the gate at the silence outside, “Oga where you dey go” I shouted at him. At that point, everyone forgot their sympathy for me and burst into serious laughter. Obviously I didn’t join the laughing group; it still wasn’t funny to me. He opened the gate amidst laughs and announced that the coast was clear.

The walk back to my house was a very long as I held onto the security guard, for assurance. Most people had come to the street and as I walked on, there were comments of sympathy,” Sorry my dear, we have warned those boys not to bring those dogs here again. Hope you were not hurt”. It went on till I got home.

Everyone in my house laughed so hard as I narrated the story. My mum shed tears from laughter. I haven’t gone outside for any form of exercise since then. My compound is big enough for me to jog now.

Photo Credit: Dreamtime | Jameswimsel

Atinuke is an adept listener and observer of situations and events around her. This makes her write-ups very relational to people. Most people will describe her as quiet with a peaceful nature. Her passion for writing covers poetry, drama as well as prose. She sees no limitations in engaging the right medium to bring her thoughts to life.

1. owelle

March 4, 2015 at 11:18 am

Loooool! I generally restrict my exercise to my compound. Thankfully, it’s large enough. I can’t shout abeg

• Dee

March 7, 2015 at 10:35 am

Atinuke Aweda, are you Bimbo Aweda’s sister?

2. jane

March 4, 2015 at 11:20 am

rotfl

3. princess

March 4, 2015 at 11:28 am

hahahahahahaaa! sorry ooo but really can’t stop laughing, i have the whole picture in my head like what will i do if it was me? lol…. run for my life ooo

• BUNMI

March 4, 2015 at 5:59 pm

Bellanaija please put disclaimer for emails like this in future
      Just got a shredding of my life from my boss
      I couldnt control my laughter and even after he asked me what was wrong i continued laughing
      please next time state it clearly NOT TO BE READ DURING OFFICE HOURS
      will come back to write the things that made me laugh

4. tutu

March 4, 2015 at 11:29 am

LOOOOOOOOl! Twas like I was there.

5. Derry

March 4, 2015 at 11:29 am

Very hilarious. I really enjoyed reading this

6. anonymous

March 4, 2015 at 11:30 am

that was funny, i like…not the usual now i have shed 80pounds,i now weigh 20pounds ish…makes the whole thing sound monotonous,as if its that easy(lekki bridge children,duh!)…thank you jare..slow and steady we shall all get there

7. elvissaysso

March 4, 2015 at 11:38 am

I just hav 2 comment.Dis ur article got me peeing on my pants nd I’m not goin 2 4giv u 4 dat.Gr8 atricle on anoda note u shld hav just stayed nd calmed d dog down just 2 c wat it wanted 2 do.Lmao

8. derhmy

March 4, 2015 at 11:40 am

OMG!!!!!! i havent laughed this hard in a looong time…[email protected] pele dearie its just one of those experiences that makes life interesting….hahhahaaah still laughing……………….

9. foodie

March 4, 2015 at 11:46 am

Pls supply your caterers details. Easter is coming…

10. Anna

March 4, 2015 at 11:54 am

We are sisters of the same struggle!!! Same thing happened to me, but as for me, I was on my own in the park oh!!! I’m sorry what wickedness, the owner should be slapped, don’t bring a dog into the road if you cannot handle it. Simples.

11. Ms_dee

March 4, 2015 at 11:56 am

Hahahaha!! Eya, sorry

12. debbie

March 4, 2015 at 11:57 am

hehehehehe…sorry dear. abeg no mind us. its easier to laugh wen you are not the victim
    I honestly thought you would have ‘sued’ the owner of the dog or at least he should have paid for damages. haba, that was a risk. what if the dog had attacked you…

13. Ivy

March 4, 2015 at 12:03 pm

*ROTFL* Ma binu my dear. I grew up with dogs but i keep telling pple that i’m scared of dogs apart from mine. Passed an alsatian and its owner on my way to work yesterday, i first stopped looked at the dog and decided to cross to the other side. & all these lekki pple can like to form with their dog ehhhh. Instead of them to go to d sidewalk na road them go balance dey proud as dey get dog…mtschew. Which is quite silly cuz these are guard dogs and shouldn’t always come in contact with humans.

14. BeautifulOnyinye

March 4, 2015 at 12:03 pm

=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)). =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)). .Chai!Atinuke will not kill me.I’ve been laughing and cying,almost peed on myself.I have a serious dog phobia,I’d pass out if I were the one.Thank God you ran to safety.

15. Babym

March 4, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Buhahahahahahahaha o boy i would have just fainted in shock if that happened to me lol. Im sure usain bolt had nothing on ur sprint lolol

16. Berry Dakara

March 4, 2015 at 12:18 pm

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Gawsh, I would have died right there – I’m scared to death of most animals. Sawry o! Well, at least you burned extra calories 😀

Berry Dakara Blog

17. desh

March 4, 2015 at 12:24 pm

U tried well well. Me I would have just laid down and made my peace with this world

18. Ayodeji A A

March 4, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Hahahahaha, @Oga where you dey go. Anyways, exercise starts with a first step, and on the bright side you got a lot of exercise. But next time, heed that first warning. Sorry lol.

19. FOB

March 4, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Ewoooooo……lmaooo you can never miss that adrenaline rush!
    After it leaves you your body will be like nylon

20. Kaks

March 4, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Now this got me washing plates,reading n laughing…who send u message sef?lol! pele ii have such terrible dog experience in a family friend’s house where I jumped on d windows of d sitting room n broke all d picture frames as the dog won’t stop jumping n barking @ me. Kai…a dog can definitely not survive in my house. Nice write up…Teekay! well done.

21. eahagbuje

March 4, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Thank God u were not hurt..
    That was a very dangerous occurence

22. Meine

March 4, 2015 at 12:34 pm

OMG!!! I had a vivid picture as I was reading thing..and was laughing so hard. Thank God you weren’t hurt..and you have now noticed your large compound

23. Anonymous

March 4, 2015 at 12:35 pm

OOOOOh fat where is thy sting………..see suffer just to burn fat.lol..if i were you, my room will suffice.

24. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

March 4, 2015 at 12:42 pm

The picture should have clued me in. That aunty looks the business in those shoes.

Kai, I can imagine your mortification on the walk home. Thanks for the laugh. You brought back so many dog memories/stories. I remember when fear made my neighbor ride a dog like a horse. Ha! Let me stop there.

• TA

March 4, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Noo! Come back here. 🙂 You cannot just drop bits of a seeming juicy story like that and leave now. Lool! Your neigbour did what? Lmao. Abeg finish the gist o…

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

March 4, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Every dog has its day, he! he!

Its the turn of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Atinuke and the Rott-of-Ages. The winner is here to tell us how she feels about taking up such worthy opponents and emerging the winner.

Stay tuned.

25. Que

March 4, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I feel guilty for laughing SO HARRRRDDDDD!!! Sistehh your description of the event was mad! I could visualise everything mostly cos its happened to me too, bout 20yrs ago though……but I know that feeling of when there’s nothing but hunger and anger between you and a massive mad dog!….funny enough that run that felt like 1000m will feel so much shorter if u try it again sans the element of danger….

As for this dog matter, seeing as nigerians have started embracing the domesticated animal practise, more widely, its time for guidelines to be put in place o……. your animal cannot be endangering people anyhow….. we were all here when a 4year old boy landed hospital over crazy dog attack some months back, I fear such things will only get worse….. people no dey like hear but there are boundaries for animals…and if they become a threat to health then they need to be put away or put down! If this were to happen to me today, after I get myself, the owner will be hearing from me…and had better sedate that animal or hide it….else I plot its kidnap if nothing appropriate is done, especially if the animal has a history of attacking people…

26. pat

March 4, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Pele dear, I know the feeling. Even your own dog can get crazy sometimes how much more a strangers dog. Just watch what you eat, use the stairs, swim n jog inside house biko. Or even skip.

27. honeyposh

March 4, 2015 at 12:51 pm

lol…couldnt stop laughing. i have had a similar experience when i was young, it was during the holidays, my elder sis and i decided to visit a long lost frend. On getting to the house we met the gate opened, we went in….low and behold their dog had battery water poured on it mistakenly and it was in pains, as soon as it saw us………lawd,it charged walahi it was like a lion barking and barking furiously and the hot pursuit started,my sis and i flew in different directions,i broke an arm on the gate, my sis fell into a nearby gutter……i tot i was going to die that day kai…..the most painful part was the so called frend had parked away.

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

March 4, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Oh my! your experience was so serious and I’m trying to keep my head down because tears are almost streaming down my face from trying hard not to laugh. Broke your arm? Fell into the gutter? Long lost friend don park commot? Lawdy, I’m so sorry.

28. sarah

March 4, 2015 at 1:04 pm

So sorry about what happened to you but this is so funny. I’m sure in a few years, you’ll see it.

29. Abena

March 4, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Hmmm people, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce had nothing on me at that moment. If it was a 100m dash competition between both of us at that point, she would have eaten the dust from my sprint. I didn’t know my body could generate such speed, I didn’t know my voice could get so loud. I ran. I screamed. I can’t even remember what I was saying. I remember hearing my voice so loud as I ran. I ran!…………….This right here is the most hilarious ish!Ur situation was a dangerous one but it was still funny,and can you imagine the embarrassing looks you would get on your way home?hahahaha

30. Tk

March 4, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

31. Nakel03

March 4, 2015 at 1:41 pm

lol……..had a similar experience many years ago. I know the feeling and it ain’t pretty….. AT ALL!!!!!!

32. wendy

March 4, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Gosh this got mi laughing so hard see my colleagues looking at me like drez sumfin wrong with ds babe.pele Atinuke.

33. B

March 4, 2015 at 2:34 pm

LMAO! I laffed so hard reading this thank God my office mates are all out for lunch! Hilarious! Sawry dearie! Sumtin like this happened to me, but it was in the comfort of my house imagine! They had just brought a new guard dog……..

34. adelegirl

March 4, 2015 at 3:17 pm

Laughing so hard!. Such a vivid narration. Gosh I would have nearly passed out from being out of breath and mortification. Chai! And some of the comments sharing other experiences. 😀 😀 😀 My only somewhat similar experience was when I was about 12 or so, coming back from school, walked into my street only to see two dogs running wildly in my direction. I don’t know why I thought they were after me. If you see the way I dropped my school bag and ran into a neighbour’s compound, thankfully, they were people I knew so I ran into their house and didn’t come out till I was assured the dogs were nowhere to be seen. I really hate random dos just walking about. It is for this same reason that I have not resumed my morning walks cos I recently noticed this pack of 3 obviously stray dogs walking around especially in the mornings around my area scavenging for food and what not. Abeg before they see juicy orobo and think God has sent manna from heaven, I no do abeg.

• adelegirl

March 4, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Meanwhile, please share details of your caterer with the delicious egusi. 😉

35. *curious*

March 4, 2015 at 3:26 pm

lol…aww sorry. similar incident happened to me when i was younger which developed into my fear of dogs for so many years afterwards. in my case, i wasn’t exercising just playing with my cousins as the dog came out to play as well. anyway thank God that we have not been reaped to pieces. Pele

• *curious*

March 4, 2015 at 6:56 pm

*ripped

36. Adenike

March 4, 2015 at 3:31 pm

LMAO!!! I feel you! This happened to me when I was in LA! I was supposed to go hiking with my friend, and I saw different sizes of dogs, before he showed up. I saw tiny, small, normal and big, and when I saw the big one, which came towards me, well the grass near me…oh did I leap back, and it was a leap because I didn’t want to look bush…lol. And the owner on a phone call said “*insert name* come on”. I was like “better”. My friend even joked that I was going to become Dr. Doolittle, if I stayed there longer. Several occasions I asked people for directions, and when they have a dog, I’m looking at the dog most of the time instead of the person, and they go “it’s a really nice dog”, and I say “okay” but in my head I say “I’m not keen on verifying that claim.” I am wary of dogs I’m not used to.

37. blackgold

March 4, 2015 at 3:34 pm

You write up just made my day,can’t stop laughing.

38. gudy

March 4, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Rotfl….. Come to think of it, there should be a legislation on handling of pets. Good one!

39. Ogbes

March 4, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Oga, where are you going to

40. NaijaPikin

March 4, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Good job for engaging your audience with your well written piece…….

I can definitely feel you pain. Happened to me when i was about 6 or 7. Mine ended with the dog biting my leg, me getting a tetanus shot and crying all day long. Glad you had a happier ending.

41. Blah blah

March 4, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Am I the only one not laughing? Cos all I can think about is the fact that someone could have got seriously hurt cos some IDIOT decided it was ok to tease. Now that guy I want to slap.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

March 4, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Me too… what a foolish individual. It’s like these oyibo yobs that breed staffies like vicious dogs and pose with them on the street when its very clear that they can’t handle the animal if it goes rogue.

Pet keepers, your animal is your responsibility. YOUR own responsibility. Don’t be toting around notoriously vicious dog as some sort of ego-spurred toy IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO COMPLETELY CONTROL THEM. If only Lagos had an animal control unit, I’d have gone after the silly boy to file a complaint and have his dog taken away.

42. ada nnewi

March 4, 2015 at 4:45 pm

ROTFLMAO!!! i just had a good cry from the laugh i just laughed…..

43. Jojo

March 4, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Glad you made out okay. it could have been different. Those dogs, particularly rothweilers are particularly vicious. nobody would have been laughing if you got bitten and ended up like the poor child tahat had his brains eaten up by dogs sometime last year.
    There should be a law in place persecuting irresponsible dog owners and the punishment should be serve enough to deter some of the foolishness we see. Now the stupid young man that started it all will do it again, no lesson learnt.

Yes , I don’t even know you but I am not finding it the least bit funny. maybe becasue I got biten by a dog that way when I was much younger (yes righ in the butt) Probably why one on my butt cheeks looks different who knows. there is a lesson here, someone can easily lose their life or be maimed over something like this

• adelegirl

March 5, 2015 at 11:36 am

Sorry… The butt cheek reference had me smiling though.. I’m sure it’s not funny for you sha. Pele…

44. melinda

March 4, 2015 at 5:08 pm

LMKWDH thats all i can say still LOL her, funny write up dear…..

45. OD

March 4, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Still laughing here. Gosh I hate dogs.

46. esosa

March 4, 2015 at 5:24 pm

BEST and i mean BEST BN story i read in a LOOOOOOOOOONG TIME… I am laughing at work…

47. Bee

March 4, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Interesting piece, well done Tinuke.

48. peekadot

March 4, 2015 at 6:04 pm

OMG! I had a similar experience. It wasn’t funny. I never believed I could run that fat too, LMAO.

49. Deni

March 4, 2015 at 6:25 pm

This is the funniest story I’ve read in ages. Thanks Atinuke for this beautifully described comic relief! Make una dey do your jogging well well for una compound o!

50. Naa

March 4, 2015 at 6:25 pm

I had a bitter experience with a wild dog which made me lost a finger. I lost my self confidence due to that, but thank God for his mercies I’ve been able to pick up the pieces of my life.

51. Mide

March 4, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Interesting story. Thank God you completed the race and won the medal

52. Funto

March 4, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Rotfl . Amazing. I cannot stop laughing. This is very well written.

53. Aijay.....

March 4, 2015 at 8:35 pm

OMG. So funny. It felt like I was there. I don’t like dogs sha. Some of them look like lions without the hair.

54. Tima

March 4, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Lmao! That was just what I needed.

55. B.U & M. I

March 4, 2015 at 9:03 pm

loool, very funny. Well narrated. This is why am a lil reluctant to jug in the mornings.
    lool

56. sleek

March 4, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Hahaha menh I totally know dis feeln! Escape my first time with a scratch! The 2nd time the idiot bite me! After that experience, when I. Visit anyone, I ask do u ve a dog? At d gate!

57. cledges

March 4, 2015 at 10:31 pm

Hmmmm, shebi na dog chase her wey. Dem fit calm. I have been chased by a mad cow before. See race of. Life. That day I was not well o, and I was wearing a red top. I guess the cow got mad at my. Red top. No be small thing. The owner of the cow was not in sight. After that race the fever I had disappeared na!!

58. semia

March 4, 2015 at 11:37 pm

haha reminds me of an experience that happened few weeks ago, i was out jogging with hubby more like he was jogging and i was brisk walking until the stark raving mad man decided to walk along,the adrenaline that coursed through me ehn. Hubby had a good laugh said he had never seen me geared up like that.Needless to say i did no further jogging till we left Accra.

59. Sisi

March 4, 2015 at 11:54 pm

This is one of the reasons why I dislike dogs, I so dislike dogs. There’s this skinny guy in my area with a dog bigger than him and in my mind I’m like if this dog decides to craze now this man cannot hold the leash on the dog as the dog is way bigger oh. Anytime I see them I just respect myself and cross over with a side eye at the dog, I can’t shout sue or no sue I’m going to be the one with the pain.

60. FayFay

March 5, 2015 at 12:19 am

Lmao. This is Epic. Well done Omoba. U garrit.

61. Buki

March 5, 2015 at 8:27 am

Thank God o! This calls for a proper Thanksgiving ceremony at d church with more of those egusi soup for celebrations! Lol! Pele dear

62. Me

March 5, 2015 at 1:14 pm

looooooool, very lovely write up,

63. Taye

March 5, 2015 at 1:33 pm

LMAOOO I DON LAUGH FINISH!!!!! You shouldve warned us that this is not an article to be read while in the office – LMAO 🙂

64. AsMyself

March 5, 2015 at 2:03 pm

I HATE dogs!

A stray dog almost killed me when I was younger. Then all of a sudden, we had a dog, Sheila, in my Uni day. Very vicious dog that would chase ONLY me. Finally Sheila was put to sleep. Then I get married and hubby decides to buy me a Lhasa Apso just because I saw my friend, Mokut’s own and thought it was cute. He thought a house dog could help me overcome my fear of dogs. It never happened, Ice was sold.

Then just yesterday, Nony, the other idiot Lhasa Apso in my dad’s house chased me up the stairs, for the umpteenth time. I HATE DOGS!!! And I’m glad the writer didn’t get hurt. It would have really annoyed me.

I HATE DOGS!!! #TheEnd

65. jefka

March 5, 2015 at 3:34 pm

i was having migrane but this story got me laughing so hard, my migrane was in pause mood.
    nne, i thank God for u………..
    the guy who pulled that stunt should be arrested.
    i am very sure he was laughing while u were sprinting for your life……….
    thank God u didnt trip…..
    pls next time, u see dogs like that retreat, or scoop a handful of sand.

66. lawal Taiyelolu

March 5, 2015 at 4:33 pm

OMG…. so funny… can feel you pain, ya’ll won’t want a dog chasing you… irrespective of the breed… naaaaa!!! Pele dear

67. Tkum

March 6, 2015 at 6:57 pm

@jefka does that sand thing really work?

68. eldest

March 6, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Am still trying to get over the weight from that egusi soup o. Na wah! I remember this event. The look on your face when u got home was just priceless!!!

69. nnayi

March 7, 2015 at 7:12 am

Lol,i imagine myslf in her shoes,aw wud I run?!!!!i can’t run!!! Bt I tink dt day wud have torn race o

70. Ladi

March 8, 2015 at 10:31 pm

*Laughing* Thank your legs for helping you win that race. Wish the event was caught on video. Now imagine you had a cramp while running. Nice narration. Well done.

71. Pheebs

March 10, 2015 at 9:48 am

Wonderful! Pure Talent. You should get a writing deal from someone.

72. Moyosore

March 13, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Lol ….. Just thinking about the look on your face at that point in time … Lmao … You would be thin by now …. Hope you took milk and Maltina #Ogun Eje to bad #We Rep Covenant Uni Joh

73. tosin

March 19, 2015 at 11:36 am

lmaoooooooo. Atinuke ooo. when i started reading this article, i didnt know this was the way it was going to go. this is hilarious. im not a fan of dogs. even when i brought dogs home twice, i was scared of them, even as pups. whenever power went out, id withdraw my feet from the floor till the generator came on. biko, stay in your house and be a happy fat cat like me.

74. ribik

July 1, 2015 at 6:40 pm

hahahahahhahahahaha!!! this is soo funny. I do not like dogs at all…. beautiful write up

75. Florence