Features

Seun Akinlosotu: We’re Going to Have Sex… But Let’s Say a Prayer First!

Seun Akinlosotu

Jerusalem Trip, a.k.a Jeru Trip is sort of a coded word or lingo used to describe sex. You are more likely to hear this word used among women, especially the shy ones who have a problem directly using the word “sex” due to the flushing of their cheeks, sweat forming beads on their forehead, or heck – their whole body doing gis-gis at the mere mention of sex. Yeah, those women. I don’t know who coined this alias but I’ve heard it many a time on various social media groups and frankly I love it. What I don’t understand though is the need to share a prayer before embarking on the journey.

As usual my thoughts are provoked by conversations I may have been a part of, or overheard; and you bet I was very much in this one since I brought it up in a group anyway.

In order not to throw someone I respect much under the bus, I won’t go into 100 % details here but let’s just say an upcoming social event amongst an under 40 Youth group I’m a part of, was to be preceded by Prayer, Praise and Worship. When I first heard the instruction I was like you’re kidding right? Do we really need to?

Prayer and Praise calms people like me down and frankly knocks some sense into me, but sometimes I don’t want any sense! I just want to be “Extra” but now I can’t be because this event will start with my “medicine” Arghhhhh. Anyway sha, I have since gotten an explanation as to why that is necessary because of the location of the event so it now makes total sense to me.

However, my thoughts did not stop right there. I then started wondering about what other things those of us very into our various religion – be it Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, etc. supposedly pray about before engaging, and so I decided to post it in my Youth group’s page. I went to sleep and woke up to almost 100 messages back and forth between 8 people. Please what just happened? All I asked was a simple question and the group was on fire.

My question was simply this:

For the married folks who had some form of marriage counseling, was there counseling per sex? And if so were you and your spouse told you have to pray before engaging in “Jeru” trips? Is there anything you do during Jeru Trips that’s influenced by your religion or spirituality?

I mean, it’s just a question now … I think. Needless to say, the group was divided on the necessity of sharing grace before Jeru. As absurd as I personally think it is, someone said, “Yes you need to pray to ensure you don’t end up shooting blanks”. Someone else said most definitely to prevent “hit and run”, while another said “yes, to create a spiritual environment”. Someone else said “Please why are you praying before Jeru trips? It’s meant to be spontaneous”; and so it went on and on. Now I should mention it’s the men in the group who are advocates of Grace before Jeru.

As I was reading through the arguments which eventually took another dangerous turn, (can I just chip in here that I really feel bad for men, especially Naija men. You people have suffered in the hands of Naija women sha. This is another story for another day) lest I digress.

I started thinking about what I would do if during marriage counseling the counselor does suggest sharing Grace before Jeru. If the counselor were to be a man, would I go corner the wife in the hallway, drag her into the utility closet with me and ask her to confess how Jeru really goes on in their house. Is her husband trying to pull a fast one on me? Does it make a difference if we pray or engage in any other spiritual ritual? Will my Jeru be unauthentic? Does it need to be sanctified? Is it more enjoyable – you know how there’s bread, and then there’s Agege Bread and we all agree Agege Bread is the shiznit because of that extra chemical they put in it. Well, will our “bread” be like regular bread or will it have the “Agege Bread” extra satisfying factor?  Will there even still be a Jeru trip after we’ve prayed?

Yes, we know Jeru trips involves an emotional and spiritual connection between 2 people but do we need to go this far?

I’m a Christian and I know myself quite well; if my honey says oya let’s do the Lord’s Prayer before Jeru and we actually do it, I would most likely be staring at the four corners of my wall wondering if there are Angels in observance. Any slight breeze like this, I would take cover sharply, thinking we are not alone. Ahhh … nah, no way, I don’t think so. I think Jerusalem trips are meant to be spontaneous, and enjoyable; not on a time table with invited guests. How can you go and invite your parents to come and watch you while boning? Isn’t that’s kind of the same thing with praying before? I also decided to ask one of my besties and after laughing at my weirdo question she says “Oh, you haven’t heard of reading Songs of Solomon before Jeru trips?”

As foreign as this idea sounds to some of us this could actually be the right thing to do, so you who’s wrinkling your nose at the idea, and me who would be seeing Angels on walls could have a lot of learning to do.  I would like to actually ask if there’s anyone – regardless of religion who does this, has done it or has been advised to do so. If you do share pray or engage in any other form of religious or spiritual activity before going to Jerusalem, what and how do you do it? Do you hold hands and pray outwardly, inwardly, or pray separately without it being obvious to your spouse? Incense maybe?

Please do tell, educate the rest of us.
Love is a Beautiful Thing.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime | Wavebreakmedia Ltd

Seun Akinlosotu is a Tech Analyst by day and an aspiring Writer by midnight. She's a self proclaimed Romanticist who likes to write light heartedly. Her write ups are geared at a cross mix of audience, none of which will need an Oxford Dictionary to understand her. There's more to read from her at www.lovedeyshackme.blogspot.com. & on IG @Chechecosmos

1. le coco

March 24, 2015 at 10:07 am

no to the prayers before jeru trips.. thats weird.. if trully u wnt to commit it to God.. feel free to include it in ur morning prayer.. and that way ur covered for the whole day.. #mytwokobo

• Ndali

March 25, 2015 at 12:57 pm

My thoughts exactly. Saying a prayer right before sex,is probably going to creep me out really.

2. jelly_jes

March 24, 2015 at 10:23 am

very funny mind you have! for me no need for prayers before sex, although our marriage counselor did mention that praying before adds some kinda extra vibe to the flow… well hubby and I have not put that to work cos we got our own sparks 🙂 something we had before we said “I do”

3. josh

March 24, 2015 at 10:25 am

Seriously?….sex is a gift from God…nd does not require any spirituality…those who feel they need to pray before sex are giving themselves unnecessary trouble…its hard to believe pple think this way…as for me..the last thinq i need is spirituality during sex….its a turn off!

4. Mamer

March 24, 2015 at 10:31 am

Haha!
    1) You’re a member of Babes Redefined! lol @jeru and gis-gis
    2) To each their own.

I did pray before jeru (but just in my mind and not openly) once when i specifically asked God for a son and it clicked. Now I have asked for a daughter and can’t wait for the doc to check the genotype. I felt I needed the prayer just before the act as I specifically had a heart desire….Two children, one boy and one girl or two girls end of story….how i will weep if my second is a boy, God please hear my cry oooooo Baba!

Also, I attended a women’s prayer meeting where the minister told us to touch our husband’s head and pray intense prayer in our minds during jeru if they’re going through a tough time etc. I decided to try it abi what the heck, if e no work e no work but lo and behold, hubby had an issue at work and in the midst of hot jeru, I remembered and hold his head, na so i begin fire prayer for my mind and the issue was resolved at work the next day. I thought it was a fluke and discussed with some ladies but everyone who has tried it said it works 100 percent. I’ve tried it again and it worked. I don’t know the psychology or “miracle” behind it. IF you do decide to try it though, it can get a bit distracting moaning and moving your hips as well as firing hot prayers so it takes skill and determination 🙂

• daydayg

March 24, 2015 at 11:26 am

LMAO

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 24, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Mamer, your comment gave me a good laugh. Especially the end of it… 🙂

I personally believe that sex in itself is a form of worship to God – especially when one thinks of it as a communion and melding of spirits for those few (or plenty) minutes. Don’t ask me to quote a Bible verse and chapter for my belief but I know there’s always been something very specially about the act which has always caused the devil to look for ways to pervert and corrupt it as much as possible. And reading parts of the old testament which speaks of such practices as “shrine prostitutes”, it shows that sex has long been seen as part of the worship of other deities as well.

Can certainly see how the vulnerability of both people at such times can create a rare opportunity for prayers (said in faith) during that moment to be specially answered. And I also don’t see anything wrong with praying before sex – I pray before I eat, before I leave my home, before I embark on any major project which is important to me so I’ll probably be one of those strange women who pray before sex as well with her husband. Not that the likely randy man will always willingly join me… *side eye*

I hope you get your baby girl but more importantly, I pray you have a healthy and happy baby. 🙂

• Dala

March 24, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Hmmm, maybe I should try this prayer stunt with my bf ? Hold his big head as we go to Jeru and fire hot prayers that he puts the damned ring on it.

• Joan85

March 24, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Jehovah Jireh no dey bless fornication o!

• derhmy

March 24, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Sorry its not Jeru if you are not yet married….maybe Jericho or sth………hehhehe

• Sugar

March 24, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Go to Jeru with your bf and hold his big head firing prayers so he can put a ring on it looool Ure a joker that’s fornication and God wont listen to such prayers. SO for a man to put a ring on ur finger you need to fire him prayers during sex did i read right at all. Orisirisi in this world.

• MC

March 24, 2015 at 1:47 pm

LOL Some may say that it wont work with your bf.
      I’ve read here way to many times, that sex is meant for husband and wife….be careful they dont attack you

• Nahum

March 24, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Babe, that one na fornication o. There is no Jerusalem in this trip…maybe Jeddah sha

• Dala

March 25, 2015 at 4:34 am

Lol! I’m cracking up, hilarious. Jerusalem, Jericho or Jeddah, na una sabi. I’ve said my own…and to all the Pharisees and Sadducees shouting formication at my attempt at light humor, do not judge because someone sins differently than you do. We all sin, focus on your own life.

• Grace

March 26, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Sorry, if your bf means boyfriend, lemme let you know that sex is for married couples o! Marriage is honourable … The bed undefiled … Heb 13:4

• Personal Signature

March 24, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Mamer o, Mamer d mammer, i salute you

In as much as you have shown us the positive side of this, men are in trouble as these babes go start doing all kinds of conjuring, manipulation or whatever it is.

See someone already saying she will do same so d bobo can put a ring.
      Men, you berra stop going on Jerusalem trips b4 your own go soon finish!

• Nahum

March 24, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I tell you!! Before you know it, some desperate babes will start praying during sex that God should make the man leave his wife for her. God no dey answer that kain prayer o

• D

March 24, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Okkkkk…I am going to try that one about scabbashing on the hubby during Jeru but men that will be hard ooo…but I will and I was going to say I will get back to you but that might not be possible.

• Kimmy

March 24, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Hohohohohoho. Am laughing in yoruba

• cleo

March 24, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Mamer, i have learnt something new today. Thankyou

• Imose

March 24, 2015 at 5:54 pm

This is hilarious !!! I get the gist too

• oy

March 25, 2015 at 8:53 am

i agree @skills and deteremination

• Ndali

March 25, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Lmao. Mamer you are so funny! Thanks for making us see the bright side of this. Although I still think it should be included in morning prayers. As for the praying for your husband,during jeru/sex that has to be hard,and what’s the concept behind that really,its just funny to me. I personally think these things work when you have a bit of faith in you. I hope God gives you your heart desires ma’m

Seun Akinlosotu

March 25, 2015 at 2:08 pm

lol…. Mamer! You’ve taught us something new here o.

• juliet

March 26, 2015 at 12:24 pm

i love BR…proudly a member

5. ally

March 24, 2015 at 10:34 am

OMG! I laughed till i peed in ma pants ‘ wat in heaven’s name we praying for?a communal gathered or wat? Biko jeru trips ve to be fun and if @all one has to pray shld be a commitment of d whole day in God’s hand.

• oy

March 25, 2015 at 9:12 am

pray that God blesses him, promotes him,etc

6. Loba

March 24, 2015 at 10:36 am

Sometimes we forget that sex is very very beautiful and is designed by God.
    Weather you pray or not, Good still sees everything and he is present because he is omnipresent.
    A few fun facts:
    A) If the Holy Spirit appears while a married couple makes love, he would shout correct, and can even anoint him/her with more power to do it right.
    B) You can pray and ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with new ideas and fun positions on making love.
    C) Feel free with the Holy Spirit, God loves you and wants to be part of every aspect of your life.
    -Loba Ogunmola.

7. Taiwo

March 24, 2015 at 10:51 am

Prayer bi bawo??! Well you can consider the cries of ecstasy as prayers, no wahala then

8. Nahum

March 24, 2015 at 11:04 am

There is no need to pray before SEX, yes I said the “S” word. When a husband and wife have sex, it is already a blessed event. If you are trying to conceive however, making it a prayer point during morning devotion is ok, but hey, if you and hubby wish to call down the heavenly hosts in order to conceive, go ahead!

9. babes redefined

March 24, 2015 at 11:23 am

Now babes oluwaseun akinlosotu I like u more…… I love to read your comments on Br …. paricularly d comments that seem like Divorcees are lepers… God bless u

Busola A

Seun Akinlosotu

March 25, 2015 at 2:12 pm

@Busola, thanks babe!! Muahhhh

10. yeni

March 24, 2015 at 12:14 pm

This definitely is a post by a babes redefined member. lol. Love that Facebook group die! gis gis and jeru trip things…heheheheh

• juliet

March 26, 2015 at 12:25 pm

proudly a BR.

11. Joliebebe

March 24, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Laffing in my language.
    Just imagining the words you will use in the prayers. Lord….please let us enjoy the journey’ let he road be smooth or please we don’t want this to result in unwanted baby….i can’t just imagine sef!!!!
    Please…can we have the wordings of the prayer points? We may consider giving it a shot!
    If the thing hook you finish, you will only remember prayer when you descend from the clouds. Lol!!!!!!!

12. Jagbajantis

March 24, 2015 at 12:51 pm

That would rule out quickies then

• oy

March 25, 2015 at 1:42 pm

its not everytime you have sex you pray na.. you can still have your quickies. lols.. God isnt a saddist

13. iyke

March 24, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Ladies, sometimes you gotta just get straight to the point and let HIM know he gives you butterflies in your vagina.
    What the heck is prayer before sex?You and who dey do that one? Don’t be a little shit! Be the worst you can be for life is too long for patience and virtue.

14. Ellen

March 24, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Prayers b4 Sex???? Sounds abit weird to me… Hasn’t crossed m mind ever n really if people actually prayed b4 Sex, what do they say cos I cnt even start to imagine the words..twld be totally awkward..LoL

15. Personal Signature

March 24, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Most times, prayers are encouraged in courtship classes cos of the following
    1. to prevent bareness
    2. to get a gender of one’s choice
    3. to have good/blessed kids
    4. to bring forth hail & healthy kids not the handicapped ones.

Prayer b4 and after Jersualem trips is encouraged in churches that are into spiritual warfare and battle doctrines as their minds are either thinking of preventing a future disaster or out of fear, prophecies…..

Do whatever suits you and your partner

16. D

March 24, 2015 at 1:16 pm

ROFLMAO BN N Seun I live alone please don’t let my neighbors start having the wrong ideas about me o. Opening prayer ,songs of Solomon ?hope they break bread and say closing prayers too!! Hahaha I can’t please.

17. Jomjizzel

March 24, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Seun oh!!!!! You have killed me… Only you could come up with this… I have laughed die… Cray cray! Lol!

18. Carliforniabawlar

March 24, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Lmao!!! You’re so wrong!

19. out of the box

March 24, 2015 at 1:31 pm

This is about the most hillarious thing I have read in a while, thanks for making the rest of my day.
    But seriously u are urging me to literarily invite “”the father, the son and the Spirit”” to join us in the “”Service”” which amounts to g##g b##ging. Sorry, I dont Play like that

20. Adeola

March 24, 2015 at 1:33 pm

In Islam there are prayers to be made before sex, never tried it though. I guess an appropriate prayer will be a words of thanks after climax.

• Nahum

March 24, 2015 at 2:27 pm

HAAA!!! Nice one!! That is only if one actually climaxes. Then the thanks becomes a holy HALLELUJAH!!!

21. MC

March 24, 2015 at 1:42 pm

“Under 40 youth group”!? really?
    So 39 is a youth???
    You learn something new everyday

22. D

March 24, 2015 at 2:22 pm

ok everything about this article got me laughing and I just got into work…First Sex being referred to as Jeru. I have a friend by the name Jerusalem and we call her Jeru and you know anytime I talk to her now or say her name this is going to come to mind. But praying before sex…I have heard of it, the one I heard of was on wedding night, the dude said they should pray, the wife no greee ooo she said they had prayed plenty before marriage and that God was not deaf (He even said so himself) not to have heard all these while. No prayer was needed and none was said, but that was my first time and I was caught unawares by that, as in, for me it is instant mood killing as I am thinking of God watching me “do the do.” Yes, I know He is always watching and He created sex but just like I never want to my earthly parents seeing me being intimate I sure don’t like to think of my heavenly father watching me do the do but again I am going to trying this scabbashing by Mamer….Choi!!! Lord I am very sorry (just saying that in advance but you know and see all things anyway)

23. C'est moi

March 24, 2015 at 2:47 pm

You pray like: omg, oh god, oh god, oh sweet jesus I’m coming, ah yes, oh lord, omgaaaawd yes! yes! yes god right there, oh sweet mother of jesus, yeah I’m coming, wait for me lord, ok take me to heaven ooo ahhhhhhhhh oooOOOO! Ah thank you lord???
    Yeah I can do that.

• i die

March 24, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Chai! Lawd have mercy! lwkmdrotfl!

• Imose

March 24, 2015 at 6:00 pm

This is more cray!!! BNERS won’t keeee me with laughter !!

• Tatler

March 24, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Don’t forget, the hands in the air. Legs too & jerk away in rapturous praise lol. A good presex prayer could be ‘for what I’m about to RECEIVE, I thank you oh Lord’.

24. lafayette bunny

March 24, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Being muslim i know there’s a prayer for everything, Yeah, i had to look up the prayer before sex and it was short and simple ” asking God: to let the devil pass us by and cause the devil to pass by that which You provide for us”. It is meant for married couples o.
    However, i know most people may not be practicing this because it is not obligatory but recommended. (sunnah)
    Sex is meant to be enjoyed and if prayer adds the vibe for you. #cool. . Please i do not subscribe to people forcing others into a pattern for having sex. So stopping the guy or babe half way for mid prayer session might not be feasible.
    So just say your prayer jejely in your mind once you start feeling gis-gis# gbam

25. Yinka

March 24, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Na wa oh! I guess you learn everyday, this whole article just cracks me up. So Im guessing no quickies with the hubby if you have to do all these just to have sex abi na jeru trip.

Seun Akinlosotu

March 25, 2015 at 2:17 pm

lol…. you’ll quickly just say “Grace”. Takes 15 seconds o

26. tunmi

March 24, 2015 at 4:25 pm

And in the post above we have people condemning Kenny for his own post on his Facebook page yet heterosexuals can discuss sex freely with no condemnation.

• Mohammad

March 24, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Tunmi I love you die! As you said yesterday, you can never go wrong inserting God into any conversation with Nigerians. The hypocrisy is outstanding!

As for me, I am an atheist but I still speak in tongues during gay sex.

• Ndidiamaka

May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Tunmi, Kenny, & Bruno this message is for you. Just some quick questions.

– Do you personally know every heterosexual Nigerian & how they feel about homosexuals?

– Is your aim to be tolerated? End the awful 14 year imprisonment law? To be loved & accepted? All 3 are different things & tolerance is different from Love.

– You comment like clockwork on every post regarding heterosexual sex. It’s amazing that we’ve gotten to the point as a society where we talk about sex as women freely combining spirituality & faith. Especially between singles & married people on social media – setting anyone can access. This is a beautiful thing. This is progress! BN regularly posts stories too from homosexual activists. That is also progress! My advice (& u can tell me to shove it wherever, it’s a free world) if your aim is tolerance or normalization or love an acceptance, you are failing. U r on every post like every heterosexual especially those of faith is some hateful bigoted person simply because they are straight. U do know people have bigger fish to fry in this Nigeria & that the people who passed the bill are our hypocritical politicians, one of who is an unreformed pedo correct? Aim your energy & anger at the right target Biko. If there are people perpetrating hate crimes against homosexuals, no enlightened BNer will support them even if they don’t agree with the gay lifestyle.

#My2Kobo

27. Susan

March 24, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Lol why are people talking like God goes anywhere :/ . He is Omnipresent so uhmmmm he sees you when you are doing it. No need to be uncomfortable and you can communicate with him at all times. Jeru or no Jeru lol.

28. Babes

March 24, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Lol………the slang ‘Jeru Trip’ start on the facebook group, Babes Redefined. #famzin

• juliet

March 26, 2015 at 12:26 pm

BR rocks

29. mimi

March 24, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Lol. I’m a member of BR and I know what you talking about. I’m going to try that head holding one. Lol! Praise Fowowe also talks about praying during sex and the fact that such prayers get sharp sharp answers.. I have prayed before, during and after sex. But I’m not sure my husband and I have deliberately come together and prayed before or during sex.

• juliet

March 26, 2015 at 12:26 pm

yes ooo BR rocks

30. Que

March 24, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Why did anyone have to get the name Jerusalem involved?… what’s wrong with calling sex…sex? I just personally find these pseudo names funny….like if u engage in it, have the maturity to call it by its name. unless of course you’re talking around kids. As for the rest…whatever rocks thine boats…

31. Imose

March 24, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Holla @Babes redefined members . How can one join ?? I need to learn more about jeru trips et al

• Carliforniabawlar

March 24, 2015 at 7:18 pm

A friend has to invite you. find the group on FB, see which one of your friends is a member and ask anyone of them to add you.

Welcome to Babes Redefined! It’s a really nice group. Someone had added me years ago but I never checked it until recently when I got bored and decided to go through the posts…. I would say it’s the best group on facebook but then that’ll be biased seeing as that’s the only group i’m on…lol.

• D

March 24, 2015 at 7:57 pm

See me trying to hunt down members of this group…damnnnn I am soooo nosey!!!

• Kay

March 24, 2015 at 9:31 pm

holla.. BR member right here. All you have to do is search for Babes Redefined on fb and request to join. Let’s know when you do ::)

• Tochini Beads And Bridals, Lagos

March 28, 2015 at 6:59 am

Yes oh BR rocks big time..

• juliet

March 26, 2015 at 12:27 pm

ur free to join. u will so love d family

32. choko

March 24, 2015 at 7:55 pm

@Dala, maybe the reason he’s not putting a ring on it is because you he has nothing else to look forward to. You’ve given him already! Dude might only put a ring on it out of fear that after all that y’all have been through, if you curse him, it will catch him one time.

• Dala

March 25, 2015 at 4:27 am

aunty, shush…I didn’t ask anyone for advice o. Nigerians can be so judgemental, Hian!

33. babes

March 24, 2015 at 8:05 pm

In Babes Redefined, Jeru and Gis-gis are just funny slangs that came to be because of a particular culprit (I won’t mention her name but she knows herself). But that doesn’t mean we shy away from the word Sex. For what na? We use it freely and even share cool tips to spice things up.

34. Kay

March 24, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Famzing things… babes redefined is the group to join

35. demashi

March 24, 2015 at 9:38 pm

yeah, my wife does pray…when I get on the bed and start touching her. This has an effect of lowering my libido and eventually killing my desire for any action. Nah, I am not a fan of prayer before and after the act.

• chi-e-z

March 25, 2015 at 2:49 am

lol aww ur wife has found away 2 get out of doing u that’s it chai.. she no nice oh

36. tunmi

March 25, 2015 at 1:41 am

“Anytime i see posts like this,it makes me wonder if all [they do] is to have sex,morning,afternoon and evening,haba is that the only identity you have? We have heard you,abeg move on with your life.

Evidently, you are beginning to bask in this “[straight] tragedy” you call limelight…

Do us a favor and keep your sexual orientation to yourself…It is none of our business if you so decide to even screw a RAT! we care less.”

Word for word too

• Stephanie-feld

March 25, 2015 at 4:23 am

@ Tunmi — The two comments you have on this post and Mohammed’s own captured my train of thought. It’s quite funny how the same folks that lashed at Kenny have not come to do the same here. Double standards and Nigerians go hand in hand. or Maybe I should blame their non commenting on selective reading disorder.

37. simi

March 25, 2015 at 9:30 am

Lol, this is quite funny. Personally, I’ve never heard the term “jeru trip” and I would never use it. An adult that has a problem saying the word “sex” is a source of concern for me. Sex was ordained by God, sex is beautiful in marriage. But the whole point of it is the excitement, the unpredictable nature, the adventure. The moment you mentally prepare for it, it’ll never be the same. I respect people’s opinions and views though, we all have our various beliefs. But with this approach, a quickie is IMPOSSIBLE. Quickies brings the playfulness out of both parties, and a marriage without these would be too uptight (in my opinion). If you can’t express yourself with your spouse…then I don’t know

38. ernal

March 25, 2015 at 12:48 pm

i will definitely be trying this and also recommending to my married friends!!!

39. Seun Akinlosotu

Seun Akinlosotu

March 25, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Major shout out to my BR Ladies!!!

40. Omalicha

March 25, 2015 at 2:41 pm

All of you are funny sha…. didnt they teach you to pray before eating???? hian

41. lizzieMcJesus

March 25, 2015 at 3:35 pm

I am loving the comments here. Bring it on. Special shout out to all Babes Redefined.
    I am keeping the Jeru Prayer thing in my “when u get married to-do list”. Future Hubby is in trouble……lol

Seun Akinlosotu

March 25, 2015 at 3:43 pm

loll.. don’t forget to “hold his head” and make some confessions…………….including the one that increases your allowance ..if any.

42. Sanmi

March 25, 2015 at 3:45 pm

This is a beautiful post dear Seun, great job. The commenters are hilarious too. Prayer before Jeru trip will never work for me, hian, Wetin now? My imagination no go run wild as usual, Abeg it will just Killy mood. Maybe I will try to pray before even making a move by myself but with him or during the show gan gan, no way. I will pray after wards thanking God for another beautiful love making session.

43. Omolabake

March 25, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Seun gurl! You don did it! Dead.

• Tochini Beads And Bridals, Lagos

March 28, 2015 at 6:58 am

Yep she definitely did!

44. ulin

March 25, 2015 at 5:01 pm

you guys are missing the point, walahi!!! hahahahahha, its not that you have to pray everytime,

45. Slims

March 25, 2015 at 5:32 pm

This reminds me of the hubs at our HM….. I was like ‘Seriously’ & he was like ‘Yeah, we gotta sanctify ourselves’ I didn’t even remember to say amen until the grace and I was like ‘So back to business’

46. ESB

March 25, 2015 at 5:41 pm

Lmho! BR!

Whatever you choose to call it does not matter. Sex, Jeru, Canaan, whatever, as long you worship and your “worship” is a sweet smelling savor. haahaaaha! #nowyouknowitsalsocalledworship#

47. PweetyPreencess

March 25, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Some comments here are just so funny…….But wait oo, how will the prayer go? Like…some have dick but have no urge, some have urge but have no dick, we have dick & we have urge, glory be to thee oh Lord……Chai! the morale would have died by now

• BabyDee

March 25, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Lmaooooo OMG!!! Lollll
      Seun ooooo see what you’re causing!

• Abbs Scuito

March 30, 2015 at 4:17 am

You r an everlasting idiot!!! Buhahahahaha

48. Horemah

March 25, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Big shout out to BR. Loving these. Babes Elizabeth and Babes Sanmi, I sight you…wink

49. idomagirl

March 25, 2015 at 8:59 pm

These comments! LMAO!!!!

50. Sophie Atinuke

March 25, 2015 at 10:38 pm

Hmmmm… Actually, I have heard of prayer after the deed is done. Like bursting out into worship, blessing your husband et al. But I can’t give any advice now as I never marry and I am inexperienced *coversface* . However, I would say there is no hard and fast rule to things like this. Each man to the practice of their faith, doesn’t make you weaker or me stronger. So I gently join LizzyMcJesus to await the marriage and mark off that item on to-do list…

51. mayest

March 26, 2015 at 8:39 am

Hmmm I can see all my BR sisters here. Am so joining the wagon! Jeru business is serious business..

• juliet

March 26, 2015 at 12:29 pm

yes ooooo, na we dey here

52. PweetyVal

March 26, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Hmmmmmmmm!!! Jeru trip prayer, well am learning

53. Teawine Penner

March 26, 2015 at 6:30 pm

OMG! Very new insight! LOL! Buh then again, kil’omode mo!

teawinepenner.wordpress.com

54. Wumi

March 26, 2015 at 9:19 pm

@Sophie, you don’t need to cover your face as I am proud of you. Just wait to get your rings and tick it on your to do list. BR rocks hare…

55. Adolly

March 27, 2015 at 1:02 am

lovely post and hilarious comments too. Well, as for me, i have a similar experience, but this is how it happened. One day, after our usual morning devotion, which usually ends with “PEACE”, my hubby and i said “PEACE” and before we knew what happened, we were both turned on and we travelled to Jeru, we took the Jeru Trip. it was so funny. i still remind him of it sometimes.

• BabyDee

March 27, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Lmaooooooooooooo omg i just literally laughed out loud……………like a hyena, and i’m in a store.
      Lolll omg! I just can’t with you BN’ers!

56. Bee

March 27, 2015 at 5:59 am

praying before jeru will definitely kill the mood for me……………….i wonder what hubby will think of it sha…………anyways I am going to pull that trick and see what his reaction will be………….Seun this is hilarious……………….you have outdone yourself darling.

57. Dolapo

March 27, 2015 at 4:48 pm

BR rocks. Getting fresh bedsheets, and perfuming d room. Gonna do some praying tonight joor. Afterall people take pilgrimage to Jerusalem just to pray at historical spots where Jesus walked. Bringing dt Jeru home tonight. Pray we shall. Lol.

58. momo

March 27, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Lol! Don’t you love how sex always keeps the conversation going?! No matter your gender, religion, tribe, colour etc!

• aurora

March 28, 2015 at 12:37 pm

I’m telling you. We like sex plus sex gist too damn much

59. Divaclan

January 26, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Saying a prayer before sex ke? Jeez, whats that!! My hubby cannot try that with me cos by the time hes sayingamen I’m in the living room watching my fav movie and no jupiter will be able to pull me from it.