Relationships

Kenny Brandmuse says – ‘Call Us Names…Cast Us out like Demons…We Are Here to Stay’

Kehinde BademosiLast year on World AIDS Days, Orange Academy founder Kehinde Bademosi took a huge step by revealing that he was diagnosed with HIV in 1999 (click here if you missed it)

A month after he again made another bold step by sharing with the world his sexual orientation (click here if you missed it).

This morning, via his personal Facebook page, he shares his thoughts on the societal response to anyone who is gay.

He wrote:

People freak out when your status update contains something gay. They be like ‘this guy is overdoing this gay sh*.’ NO, there’s nothing like gay sh* but a lot of stuff like intolerance sh*. We are overtly surrounded and inundated by heteronormative sh* all our lives that most gay kids demonize themselves for being wired differently. Call us names. Bind us. Cast us out like demons. Or simply embrace the diversity. We are here to stay. ‪#‎Live‪#‎Proudly

Kenny

He then added in the comment section:

Ke

Photo Credit: Facebook/Kennybrandmuse

1. stella

March 24, 2015 at 10:04 am

Anytime i see posts like this,it makes me wonder if all he does is to have sex,morning,afternoon and evening,haba is that the only identity you have? We have heard you,abeg move on with your life.

2. WFK

March 24, 2015 at 10:05 am

Evidently, you are beginning to bask in this “gay tragedy” you call limelight…

Do us a favor and keep your sexual orientation to yourself…It is none of our business if you so decide to even screw a RAT! we care less.

It’s this irrational reckless behavior/orientation that has brought you to your current position.
    If your actions were right, it certainly wouldn’t stare this much baseless brouhaha.

In the other news…SAI BUHARI!!! CHANGE!!! APC!!! These are the important things that matter to the general progress and liberation of us Nigerians not your ‘Debased and reprobate mind’

• me

March 24, 2015 at 10:40 am

I was totally agreeing with you until your Saibu…what. I am sure you meant Match Buhari…APC burial na Saturday o….Lol. No beef just political play. GEJ till 2019

3. Bella

March 24, 2015 at 10:32 am

Enough is enough honestly, you don’t see heterosexuals harping back and forth about our antics and lives, it is really none of our business which side of the team you decided to play for, its your choice and what happens in your home is your own prerogative, can you allow us be joor! All choices made in this life that God has given us his free will to do, you will be accountable for, in the mean time, free us joor!

• Mohammad

March 24, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Please get over yourself. Do we really not see heterosexuals harping on about their antics and lives? You think people leading honest lives is an affront to you, or that people are trying to get at you? Just think about the freedoms that you have being heterosexual.. Being able to talk freely about your bf/gf/spouse without any fear of attack, judgement or shame; being able to hold their hand in public, all the things that you take for granted. And now tell me that a gay man posting a message on HIS OWN facebook page is “harping” on about his antics. This is high hypocrisy based on our culture of paranoia and pseudo-religious claptrap.
      Please put your educated mind to reason. Why are you bothered?

• BlueEyed

March 24, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Thank you @Mohammed, havent we seen heterosexuality everyday in our everyday norm for years? I mean so why would the display of homosexuality now be equated to “harping”?? It amazes me how a lot of people are bothered but quite honestly, it is here to stay harping or not, and people would learn to get with the program or shove their opinions. Young individuals actualizing themselves should see that heterosexuality is not the norm and there are variations to the human race that are equally as important and normal.

• MC

March 24, 2015 at 1:38 pm

“you don’t see heterosexuals harping back and forth about our antics and lives,”…. AH! come on, what kind of lie is this!? LMAOOOO

• Stephanie-feld

March 24, 2015 at 9:01 pm

According to you Heterosexuals don’t go about harping about their antics and lives. Fortunately today there is a post on BN:( ‘http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/03/24/seun-akinlosotu-were-going-to-have-sex-but-lets-say-a-prayer-first/#comment-1727188″) about Heterosexuals harping about their antics and lives. Some of the same screen names lashing out at Kenny on this post are the same folks that commented on Seun Akinlosotu’s post. I am not surprised; when it comes to hypocrisy and double standards Nigerians are the worst of all and they wear the crown well.

4. Steve

March 24, 2015 at 10:37 am

And it seems Kenny is right… People can’t seem to stand others with different sexual orientation, especially when they choose to talk about it or be free. As much as I love to talk about my heterosexuality, I really don’t see any problem with someone speaking of their homosexuality. I would never understand what homosexuals suffer or how they are wired but I know that being oppressed and discriminated based on who you love or choose to be with sexually, or on any other grounds is the hardest and ugliest thing anyone can ever experience. The world is beautiful and that beauty lies within our tolerance of each other even in our differences. I choose love over hate and I choose freedom over oppression as God is the final judge.

• me

March 24, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Heterosexuals dont rant about their sexuality. If I’m to talk about me dealings with the opposite sex, I do it with my friends, same way I don’t go around kissing or sexing in public. I don’t think having a gay friend will make me uncomfortable, the person will just have to know where I stand on the subject. The same way I am not happy about some of my friends being aristos or petty thieves, but I cant throw them down the bus, neither do I expect them to go public asking to be acknowledged…as what exactly

• MC

March 24, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Just because you don’t, doesn’t mean there aren’t many hetrosexuals that “go around kissing or sexing in public.

• Steve

March 24, 2015 at 4:16 pm

I haven’t seen anywhere in Kenny’s post that he talked about his sexual experience or escapades with other guys… Moreso, I would think his facebook wall is his personal space where he can choose to post whatever. Ya’ll screaming his throwing his sexuality in your face or talking about his sexual life on his FB wall should probably check yourselves.

5. hassan Abdul

March 24, 2015 at 10:37 am

the guy is so dirty

• nene

March 24, 2015 at 11:58 am

gbam. nasty piece of work.

6. sass

March 24, 2015 at 11:09 am

Uncle kenny nobody cares if you bat for the same team, its your luck. Gay people push this ish tooooooooo much
    My gay friend would constantly regale us with tales of how sex goes down with his partner, we always told him we didn’t care.
    Be gay, hell be bi in fact marry a tree, we don’t care.
    And oh the same way I get pissed at gay people shoving their sexuality in my face is the sameway my hetero friends piss me off with their pdA.
    Keep your love and sex life to yourself, that is all we are saying

7. ChiChiChilolo

March 24, 2015 at 11:27 am

And this is news? #Issorait

8. Sylvia

March 24, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Dude we know you are gay and wouldn’t change it for anything or rather still will not have it any other way but banging on about it constantly is something I can’t deal with .

I have gay friends both male and females, I have them as colleague at work and non display this self absorbed behaviour as you, I relate well with them especially the guys. I look and love their sense of fashion and grooming and share beauty secrets at work.

They go on with their lives without reminding us daily on their sexuality aspect of life.
    Nobody is casting you as people are more knowledgable about gays so don’t get it wrong and think everyone is anti-gay because you are so wrong dude.

You are NOT first gay man rather will you be the last , so channel this energy to something more creative for your own well-being/good or just disappear from the face of the earth!

9. Sylvia

March 24, 2015 at 12:58 pm

**YOU NOT THE FIRST GAY MAN**

10. Shisha Cake

March 24, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Before human rights was God. After human rights will be God. God tolerates everybody and every of their blasphemy. But the judgement day will bear none of that hint. Rom 1:22-28. I have said my own.

11. olami

March 24, 2015 at 1:34 pm

haba, what is this all about, you came on air to announce that you are HIV positive now you want the world to know you are gay, dnot you know that you are still alive for second chance? please, make a total positive change and stop bragging about what God frowns about. GAY

12. wagamama

March 24, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Come and go as you wish, CARE I DO NOT!

I was born into a society which favours “heteronormals” as you rightly put it! Every country i been, every religion, every tribe, every culture, heres their “NORMAL” ideology….. Boy/Man meets Girl/Woman, Boy/Man marries, shaggs, courts, befriends, (Whatever e.t.c) Girl/Woman, they make a baby(ies) and live happily ever after!

We all know thats not true for the majority of earths populace! Some live happily ever after, some separate, some cheat, some divorce, some die, some get rejected……………… My point is, as a female, I CARE NOT WHAT YOU DO WITH YOU YOUR LIFE! The world is filled with too many cultural and religious misconceptions and notions condemning STRAIGHT women and men (MOSTLY WOMEM THO! ***SIDE EYES***).

Soo, if play for the other team, good on you! Its your life! I shall mourn you hotness for team females and move on! Best believe i am still trying to cure my migraine (attack/misconception of feminism, female divorcee stigma, baby mama stigma, MODERN WOMAN STIGMA—COOK, CLEAN, MUST MARRY BEFORE 28, BEDROOM FREAK/PUBLIC MUTE, MONEY MAKING MACHINE, BEARING KIDS WITHOUT THE ADDED WEIGHT AND STRETCHED V, PERFECT MARRIAGE WHERE I ENDURE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ABUSE, OVERTLY RESPECTFUL AND COURTEOUS, AND FINALLY, BEING THE POINT OF REFERENCE TO EVERYTHING PERFECT!) before i find panadol for your headache!

Don’t get me wrong, you have every right to be aggrieved. I support you cause 120%. But while you CHOOSE to be homosexual, I WAS BORN A FEMALE!

FYI: Still mourning your hotness!

• Mohammad

March 24, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Aunty you think homosexuality is a choice?

• wagamama

March 24, 2015 at 5:50 pm

I do not pretend to know how every individual came to their sexual orientation. It is believed that genetic, hormonal and social factors determine sexual orientation. HOWEVER, there has not been a single GENE or genetic code isolated as the main cause of homosexuality! Science is still in its early phase and that may or may not happen, but until then……. I CHOOSE to believe it is a choice. You are free to CONDEM my line of thought, it is your CHOICE.

**FREE SPEECH IS FREE, BUT NOT WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE**

• Mohammad

March 24, 2015 at 7:46 pm

You do not pretend to know the details, yet you make proclamations based on your self-confessed ignorance? That’s just baffling!
      Tell me, do you also rail against your straight friends that post details of births, engagements, marriages, holidays with their partners on facebook as it would be rubbing it in your face? If you can confirm that you do, and are being honest, then we have a conversation. Otherwise you’re succumbing to double standards and are guilty of failing to use your own brain.

• wagamama

March 24, 2015 at 8:29 pm

**FREE SPEECH IS FREE, BUT NOT WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE**

• Mohammad

March 25, 2015 at 12:26 am

And this is where logic dies! People making proclamations based on no evidence. Just personal experience and whim while asserting their right to free speech. The same free speech you choose to deny Kenny on HIS OWN Facebook page. The irony!

So you choose to be straight kwa? No wonder your struggles exhaust you. You have my deepest sympathy.

• straight

March 25, 2015 at 8:29 am

@ wagamma you slayed the talk @ mahamad being gay is a choice call it whatever you like.

• Mohammad

March 25, 2015 at 11:13 am

As long as the world believes we have a choice in the issue of our sexuality, as long as it believes we can choose not to be gay, there can be no understanding of our struggles, no tolerance of our decisions, and no validation of our lives.

This is sadly, one of the reasons why some people feel they have no option but suicide. So preach on brother Kenny. People need to know that their lives have value, that they are good people and that life can be really great even within the so-called “tragedy” of homosexuality. It’s only a tragedy that other people are bothered by things that they have not sought to understand. The times they are a-changing!

13. concerned

March 24, 2015 at 2:06 pm

I was 99% sure I’d see Bruno comment on this but oh well…
    You see, people in the minority are sometimes their own worst enemies. You are gay, you are in the minority, ok oooooooooo!! E don do! We hear. You’ve told us 1,780 x 10 raised to the power 180 times. Is that all you’re going to be known for? I’m begining to think he almost wants people to hate on him for the attention. You honestly think I care about your sexuality? When I never have light, my relations are struggling to look for jobs, I’m not sure if after this weekend my country will still be peaceful and I have a bad headache? Wow! Your ego must be out of control if you do. Hate to break it to you but your sexuality won’t bring us light. It won’t bring the girls back to Chibok. It won’t increase the price of oil. It won’t get Mama Peace to shut up and it certainly won’t buy me the Panadol I need right now. Bottom line, SHUT UP and get a life. There are gay people who doing a lot of good work and are actually known for what they’ve accomplished and not for reminding us every two seconds of their sexuality.

14. Akehinde

March 24, 2015 at 3:24 pm

bia Nwoke,,,how has that changed the price of Akara way down my street?
    abeg find somtin beta talk jare….u just fall my hand sake of bein a name_sake!!!!

15. LILO

March 24, 2015 at 3:37 pm

There is something gross and unlikeable about this guy, and I swear it’s not his sexual orientation. I just can’t put a finger on it, but if he were straight I still would find him gross and unappealing,

16. Lyrics

March 24, 2015 at 3:38 pm

One question for Kenny: Do you want to be known as “Kenny the gay man” or as “Kenny, the founder of Orange Academy, who happens to be gay?” Dazall

• Taiwo

March 24, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Bless your sweet and wise soul!!

17. tunmi

March 24, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Una no care but Una will still come and read and post. Sure it is your prerogative and it says a lot about you. BN has many many many heterosexual marriage posts, heterosexuals divorcing, heterosexuals being celebrated in magazines with their kids in tow, heterosexuals defining sexy and showing us their sexy nature. Una sef. If una no like am, no comment.

And frankly the loudest ones are suspect to me. He is not after you. He doesn’t want you. But somehow sha you make it about you.

• straight

March 25, 2015 at 8:39 am

@ Tunmi how can’t we comment when he hit the heteronormative button. It’s on like popcorn. Oohh!! And tell your orange man partner/mate to take a cue from your statement on the loudest ones being a suspect, whatever that meant #vice versa# .

18. Jj

March 24, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Abeg Kenny just keep shit with u…..u not the only gay man is enough

19. tgurl

March 25, 2015 at 9:03 am

OMG!!!!enough already ………we do not care, do wat u wanna do be who u wanna be, just do not expect everyone to accept it. we do not need to its not our life its yours. its your decision in life that got you to the point you are ryt now with the disease you have and ur orientation of life. work, hv humanitarian projects work on being a better person. forget sex or have chats with your friends abt it.

20. scarlet

March 25, 2015 at 5:20 pm

We know you are here to stay Bros! at least we know why the gay population in Nigeria is skyrocketing. I have a gay friend and i can’t just wrap my mind around how they function, man to man thing, no soft things in contact and no varieties…. ok ooo! pardon my ignorance pls
    But for the sake of the innocent young boys, can we stop this publicity? not cool at all!
    Honestly i don’t get this gay thing, 1. i still have this strong feeling its a psychological thing that can be corrected. 2. I also feel its a boarding house (secondary school) syndrome where they are molested at a tender age by their seniors and all that sh*t, Wonder how your parents will be feeling right now. It is well with you o