News

#CoupleGoals – Edo State First Lady Iara Oshiomhole & Gov. Adams are Always Side by Side

BellaNaija.com

They tied the knot in May 2015 and ever since then, Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole and his beautiful Cape Verdian wife Iara have been inseparable.

Perhaps because they are newlyweds while other governors and their wives have been married for decades but we could not help but notice the closeness between Governor Oshiomhole and Iara. At many of the events the couple attends, they are surrounded by fellow politicians and business people rarely with their own spouses in tow. From their presence official engagements to public displays of affection, they are definitely in sync – Click Here for their Wedding Feature!

We remember during their wedding thanksgiving, the Governor had this to say about his wife. Erm…Gov, TMI!

Chez Imagery

Iara – Chez Imagery

I can boldly tell all of you that I was a very principled man during my first marriage. I didn’t succumb to the worldly pleasures of this lustful environment, even though I had lots of opportunities. And it was this principled sobriety that made me fish for a virgin wife. I can boldly say to you all that I was the first man to know her and initiated her into the worldly ways.

He also said this

She is very humble, she appreciates the nature of my job and life that I return home late, some times 3am. She understands my weaknesses, she is more or less the mother of the house, the one that has accepted to be the mother of my children.

I am happy that all my children are at home with her and accept her as their mother even though she is not old enough to be their mother. She has accepted to fill that gap.

So lovely to see him appreciating his wife!

Check on it.

Adams Oshiomhole & Lala Fortez Wedding - May 2015 crop

BN got the scoop with the couple’s first public photo at a friend’s 50th Birthday

Gov and Iara at their Wedding

At National Guild of Editors event
– Garba Shehu

Celebrating IGP Arase at a dinner party this past weekend

Celebrating IGP Arase at a dinner party

1. Self-Sufficient

September 15, 2015 at 7:12 am

One thing is for sure I am not tapping into this not even when I find myself 40 and single.
    To the couple, I wish you all the best oooo. Papa Oshiomole, May you live long to enjoy the fruits of your (labor) labour.

Side note, don’t come for me if I did not send for you biko!

• I no send

September 15, 2015 at 7:59 am

Lol…maybe a case of showcasing a trophy that could never have been attained years back. Why because we not see this sync with previous one..but on a serious note their life…thier business….all the best

• Anonymous

September 15, 2015 at 8:11 am

Ki lo kan mi, kan mi pelu salary . . I’m just squandering, squandering on my baby oo . . Oya, take a selfie . . on fleek for the haters oo

• Hian

September 15, 2015 at 8:29 am

You said “when” not “if”. You plan to be forty and single? #justasking

• Self-Sufficient

September 15, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Not at all. If I am, I no go kill myself just as I hope that a widow at 40 would not kill herself.

• peaches

September 15, 2015 at 9:42 am

Omg! Its too early to be cracked up.. Ur first line tho u are not tapping into this smh. She’s too sexy & elegant. She’s to be credited for that @ Baba Osho haba TMI abeg & hmmm let me reserve my comment about the first wife ( he was a principled man) oh ooo I wouldn’t spill any tea. May her Soul continue to rest in peace.. Why does she remind me of Princess Diana? I don’t know! Maybe not d looks but work ethics I don’t know she..

• Seriously

September 15, 2015 at 12:54 pm

I agree. Not everything is couple or relationship goals. I don’t tap into just anything. However, I like how this lady is not just a pretty face, she’s involved and seems interested in working.
      Gold digging or not, this man chose her and he seems highly impressed with his choice. And doesn’t mind sharing his money with her. And some young women like older men, they don’t mind it at all. And it’s not just all about money.

2. Kiiki

September 15, 2015 at 7:36 am

She is really pretty!

• foot fetishist

September 15, 2015 at 11:39 am

is she really ? or she’s fair and ‘eye catchy’ ? nigerians and their love for all things fair

• Mz tititilitious

September 15, 2015 at 1:46 pm

u cant blame her she is fair too #jt saying#

• Jeff

September 15, 2015 at 3:58 pm

U are really pretty

• Kiiki

September 16, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Thanks!

3. Different

September 15, 2015 at 7:50 am

What’s wrong with this biko. A man that loves you and is capable of caring for you. look at shade Okoya. The marriage is still standing despite bad belle people. God please send the young Prince to my Cinderella. Amen

• BEEBEE

September 15, 2015 at 3:11 pm

SHADE OKOYA HAPPILY MARRIED AT THE EXPENSE OF THE SENIOR WIFE WHO LABORED AND TOILED WITH THE MAN? DONT GET ME WRONG, IF YOU CHOOSE TO BE POLYGAMOUS NO ISSUES BUT I LIKE US TO TRY TO BE FAIR TO ONE ANOTHER.

4. Diddy

September 15, 2015 at 8:25 am

Beauty and the Beast is all i see here

5. bellawhy

September 15, 2015 at 8:31 am

Bella Bella. Why. What couple goals. This lady has clearly catapulted herself to a better life. That is all I see. Good for her

6. Busarni

September 15, 2015 at 8:37 am

BN; are you really low on news. Your hyping these days is questionable.. HYPOoo expert.

7. Beeeee

September 15, 2015 at 8:42 am

What exactly is this #couplegoals thing sef and how does it apply to this couple? This is not a couple goal for me..lol….she’s a beautiful woman but no, just no…

8. Chi

September 15, 2015 at 8:43 am

Hmmmm! So many events within this short while . When I first heard about their marriage, I wondered how it could work. They look good together though. She dresses responsibly.

9. mami

September 15, 2015 at 8:47 am

She’s a trophy wife…so it’s allowed…..for marrying someone like this my dear pls enjoy it wella….coz what else can he offer her.

10. J

September 15, 2015 at 9:24 am

I came for the comments and I was sorely disappointed!! WTH? You all remembered the second coming and decided not to be MEAN????? So not fair!!!!
    So only foreign women are virgins???? He didn’t search well in Nigeria that’s for sure. He vowed that he didn’t sleep around in his first marriage, can he swear not to have enriched himself greatlywhist in office???
    Couple goals? Not sure exactly it would apply to your freshly minted born again commentators ??????.
    The world needs the meanies from time to time …

11. Amh

September 15, 2015 at 9:27 am

It seems oshiomole has forgotten hes the governor. Hes nore intrested in pleasing his non virgin wife. All he does is gallivanting around embrassing himself. Has he paid the salaries. Half of the million dollar loan he borrowed is going to be squandered on her. Rubbish.

12. lorna

September 15, 2015 at 9:32 am

How come no one talked about the fact that he said he was the very first to get in between her legs. Too much information, I thought he should have kept that info to himself tho …
    “I can boldly say to you all that I was the first man to know her and initiated her into the worldly ways”.
    Didn’t think that would get past BNers, 🙂 Osho baba, well done o! and congrats on that achievement.

• Bella

September 15, 2015 at 1:36 pm

But your comment though, at his age, there is no privacy to any relationship/wedding sef. TMI

• BEEBEE

September 15, 2015 at 3:08 pm

I did not comment coz i did not believe. That statement was made at their wedding SO HE KNEW HER BEFORE THE WEDDING. My question is if she had been keeping it for over 30 years, why did she give it up before their wedding.

I believe he just said it TO HELP HER SAFE FACE AND TO BUY SOME RESPECT FOR HER CHOICE.

• aj

September 16, 2015 at 5:32 am

ewwwww so gross!!!!!! lmaoooooo that statement didn’t sit well with me! Tmi like shhhhiiiii…

13. Abby

September 15, 2015 at 9:37 am

#GoldDiggerGoals #AristoGoals #SugarDaddyGoals more like

14. Nabila

September 15, 2015 at 10:18 am

They are actually cute together

15. Concerned9ja

September 15, 2015 at 10:54 am

No biggie…Most rich older men do this e.g Donald Trump but ..just admit i married a pretty younger Trophy wife…
    All you now do is shamelessly attend every function including the opening of the proverbial Fridge just to show your youngie wife u still gat it.
    And bark all dat about Jona’s ministers…are you any better? ?
    Your State is a mess just papering ove the cracks…get out and do some proper work…

16. Concerned9ja

September 15, 2015 at 10:55 am

Dat = day

17. miss Pynk

September 15, 2015 at 11:13 am

Whether she was a virgin or not, i don’t see why the man had to bring it up. Likewise whether he cheated on his first wife or not. People who are eager to answer questions they have no business answering are suspect.

I wish them a HML.

pynk360.com

18. whocares

September 15, 2015 at 11:56 am

Does no one else have problems with the fact that he said he “fished” for her? Anyone? Just me?

19. Natu

September 15, 2015 at 12:09 pm

“Fish for a virgin wife” that sounds so primitive.

• Beeeee

September 15, 2015 at 1:40 pm

But he is primitive, what do you expect…lol

20. livingstone

September 15, 2015 at 12:31 pm

there is a very expensive bag sitting between them and i know its money from Nigerians that got it……..

21. Mz tititilitious

September 15, 2015 at 1:45 pm

All i can do is hmmmmmmm

22. Duchess Maria

September 15, 2015 at 1:54 pm

If you marry this kain fine wife, you no go leave am to gather dust at home. Na real show off tinz. But I have to admit, the idea of both of them as a couple is growing on me sha.

23. Linsey

September 15, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Has anyone noticed his sense of dressing has changed since he married his beautiful young virgin wife… I applaud her for that

24. Olivia Ruth

September 15, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Really BN?

Couple Goals??? Do better!

Let’s see how “Couple Goals” you feel when your father marries a young woman old enough to be your sister. *small hiss*

25. BEEBEE

September 15, 2015 at 3:17 pm

WELL. MY PERSONAL OPINION (ESP TO SOME CRITICS HERE WHO WILL FIND THEMSELVES IN HIS SHOES IN SOME YEARS TO COME ) IS AN OLDER GROOM CANNOT LEAVE A PRETTY YOUNG WOMAN AT HOME ALL BY HERSELF SO SHE DOESNOT GET BORED AND START CALLING HER FRIENDS WHO WILL RECONNECT HER TO HER OLD BOYFRIENDS OR NEW GIGOLO.

YOU HEAR ME?!!!!!

26. Blessedheart

September 15, 2015 at 4:36 pm

“And Adam knew his wife” Hehehe

27. Ovadje

September 15, 2015 at 6:28 pm

That’s what a N75 million World Bank loan gets…

28. NaijaPikin

September 15, 2015 at 6:46 pm

Am I the only one wondering when this guy has time to tend to his governor duties?

29. Self-Sufficient

September 15, 2015 at 11:03 pm

30. Mommar

September 16, 2015 at 1:35 am

TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI

31. Tosin

September 16, 2015 at 12:41 pm

love is sweet

don’t get it twisted, love is a beautiful thing (pa ra ra ra ran, pa ra ra ra ran, …)
    – D’Banj (Fall in Love)

32. fhav zebby

October 26, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Beautiful portrait of iara….good job by chez imagery. …heard alot about him….