Energy is defined elementarily as the ability to do work. Better still, Positive energy is defined as the ability to do work because, it is not all forms of energy that gives us the ability to do work. When you find yourself not being able to do work, it does not necessarily mean that you lack energy.
A human being cannot lack energy, same as the universe. So, there is no such thing as having no energy. This was proved by the first law of thermodynamics, which states that: Energy can neither be created, nor destroyed but can only be transformed from one form to another..
It is indestructible. So, you will always have it. Most times negative energy is so engraved in us that we don’t even notice it any longer, that is why we tend to perceive negative energy as something other people have. But the truth is that, whenever you find yourself not functioning at optimum level, it is as a result of a cloud of our own negative energy and not the absence of energy.
Negative energy is therefore defined as the inability to do work. It is also the ability to spoil, destroy and inhibit work and progress. Negative energy is energy in reverse acceleration. Negative energy has a suction effect. When negative energy is deployed, the productivity curve nose dives.
A cloud of negative energy attracts the wrong people, wrong situations and wrong feelings. So, the next time you complain about how bad some persons or someone is treating you at your workplace, make sure you are not the one perpetuating that negativity.
Negative energy can never be destroyed, but it can destroy us if not dealt with.
Having the right energy within and around you is a prerequisite for maximum productivity at work and getting the most out of life. Therefore, we must master the art of being in charge of our energy level and form. Personally, I can’t say I have mastered perfectly the art of regulating my energy form; but I am consciously working at it and I can assure you that the gains are much. We can actually control how we feel. Yes.
1. Are you grateful for what you have and where you are at the moment or will you be grateful when things finally start going the way you desire? Gratitude is a positive energy that trigger a flow of positive outcomes into your life. Learn to be grateful for anything you have no matter how little. Love what you do and with all your heart, even if it is not your dream job. That is how you can be productive and ultimately attract your dream job. Be grateful for how much you earn today.
2. Do you see yourself blaming everyone but yourself? You hardly accept responsibility when things go wrong. You know how it is when we claim responsibility when things go right but point accusing fingers when things go wrong. It is a clear manifestation of negative energy and you need to grow past that level. Leadership is accepting responsibility even for other people’s mistake. It is not an easy posture to take, but when you do, you will much more and you will be happier.
3. Cut down on the time you spend discussing what is wrong in your organization more than what is right. This includes poor remuneration, unrealistic targets, wicked colleagues, poor working conditions, mean superiors and workloads. Whatever you talk about the more, you empower.
4. Stop going through life as a victim. Always talking about how people do bad things to you at work or at home. You don’t need the sympathy for anything. Anytime I see someone go on social media to tell the world about people doing bad things to them at work, I see someone who will keep receiving bad treatment from people for a very long time. Desist from doing that. Even if someone decides to be mean to you for no fault of yours, you don’t fix it by playing a victim. You must understand that we are responsible for the things that happen to us.
5. Stop thinking that things are happening to you. No. things don’t happen to us, things happen through us. Our thought process is our purchasing power in the market of life. Work with the consciousness that you have control over your results, feeling and situation. People cannot get me annoyed without my consent. I choose to be happy. I choose to be positive. I always have a great picture in my subconscious mind. Any day you wake up, tell yourself, I am lovable, I am everyone’s delight and I have a great working relationship with everybody.
6. Finally, be positive. Desist from complaining all the time about the things you don’t like. You complain about your boss, supervisor, colleagues, and basically everybody. The more you complain about something, the more you attract more of those things into your life.
Positive people are drawn to positive energy and ultimately, positive situations and vice versa. We can win the war against negative energy, if only we can stop seeing negative energy as something other people have. Our internal energy (energy within) controls our external energy (atmospheric energy) or our situations.
Have a productive day and remember, the quickest way to fall in love with your job is to imagine yourself without one.
Photo Credit: Dreamstime