BN TV

BN TV: All the Action from Episode 2 of “The Voice Nigeria”

The Voice Nigeria - Episode 2We are still loving “The Voice Nigeria“. Episode 2 was another exciting journey with talented singers from all around Nigeria auditioning for their places in the various celebrity teams.

Find out more via the official website.

Catch new episodes every Sunday at 7PM WAT on Africa Magic Showcase (DStv 151) and Africa Magic Urban (DStv 153).

Before we delve into our Episode 2 recap, here is a peek into Episode 3.

Mojisola sings ‘A Long Walk’/ Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016
Waje convinces Mojisola that she belongs to #TeamWaje after she sings Jill Scott’s ‘A Long Walk’

Prime sings ‘Royals’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016
Prime is quick to choose Patoranking after he was the first to turn during his performance of Lorde’s ‘Royals’.

Khemmie sings ‘Olorun’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016
Waje reckons Khemmie’s rendition of Tiwa Savage’s ‘Olorun’ would make the originator happy.

Linda 1nneka sings ‘Be My Man’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016
Linda 1nneka’s performance of Asa’s ‘Be My Man’ ends up being something of an ode to Patoranking.

Armtrong Martin sings ‘Thinking Out Loud’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016
Armtrong Martins’ rock inspired version of Ed Sheeran’s ‘Thinking Out Loud’ lands him in #TeamTimi!

Daivy Jonez sings ‘Forget You’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016
Daivy Jonez’s performance of Cee Lo Green’s ‘Forget You’ has Timi Dakolo describing his voice as “rare and not an everyday voice”.

David Ogbo ‘Story of my Life’ / Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016
David Ogbo does One Direction’s ‘Story of my Life’ and gets 2Baba to turn first.

David Operah sings ‘I Want You to Stay’/ Blind Auditions / The Voice Nigeria 2016
Professional singer David Operah gives Rihanna’s ‘I Want You to Stay’ some flavour and winds up in 2baba’s team.

1. Nene

April 21, 2016 at 8:02 pm

David , mojisola and kemi were good. The rest were very basic and chose wrong songs for the voice

2. Muse

April 21, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Wonderful wonderful performances, and some known faces from Project fame, it’s all good.

3. Engoz

April 21, 2016 at 8:17 pm

This is the only Naija singing show with a sound system that has impressed me. Nigerian Idol is the worst with their casio abi yamaha church piano and back-up singers with hungry voices.

Anyway Patorankin, I know you like the contestants, but try not to sing along with them if you’re going to sound like a cockroach.

Khemmie and David Operah were the only ones that gave me goosebumps.

4. Abi

April 21, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Why are most of them singing foreign songs?

• Orangish

April 22, 2016 at 1:17 am

With all the pangolo Nigerian Music flooding radio stations.. E reach to sing foreign song

5. Kaka

April 21, 2016 at 10:49 pm

My gosh!!! Some voices gave me goose pimples from both episodes. I just hope they choose the right songs when the competition starts, na there wahala dey usually cross leg dey wait

6. chi-e-z

April 22, 2016 at 2:09 am

Mojisola is my favorite so far. david ogbo can’t sing but I think patos is packing some wack singers so when his team members have to battle each other. his good picks can go against weaker ones. I hope it’s strategic nd not bad hearing.

7. Dee

April 22, 2016 at 12:52 pm

David Operah gave me goosebumps.. Damn!!

8. Bennie

April 22, 2016 at 1:54 pm

David Operah is a born musician, very talented and strong vocals!

9. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

April 22, 2016 at 2:14 pm

DAVIDDDDD OPERAHHHHHH WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

10. Hopefully

April 22, 2016 at 2:45 pm

David Operah was it for me! I remember Timi from his West African Idol auditions…his talent was raw and you could not miss the potential…and here is Timi today doing well. Well done Airtel for bringing such a great show to naija. And i agree with Engoz, the sound production is great!

11. Hopefully

April 22, 2016 at 2:49 pm

David Operah was it for me! I remember Timi from his West African Idol auditions…his talent was raw and you could not miss the potential…and here is Timi today doing well. Well done DSTV & Airtel for bringing such a great show to naija. And i agree with Engoz, the sound production is great!