Glitz Africa, publishers of Glitz Africa Magazine and creators of the Glitz Africa Fashion Week and Glitz Style Awards is proud to announce the Ghana Woman of the Year Honours, a three day event aimed at celebrating the mavericks, the enduring souls, the tenacious sisters, the standard bearers.
After a health walk this morning and a two-day summit, tonight is the gala night and here are four things you can expect from tonight:
- Amazing female artists like Becca and Yaa Yaa are going to be performing tonight.
- The show will be hosted by another amazing woman, media consultant Doreen Andoh.
- The red carpet is sure to be amazing as several Ghanaian celebrities, socialites and amazing women step out in their luxury outfits.
- The Ghana Women of the Year Honours will be an opportunity for women of excellence to be appreciated and recognized for their commitment and dedication in key sectors of Ghana’s social fabric.
Here are the categories that will be recognized:
- CLASS OF LIVING LEGENDS: Honour women who have made significant contributions to the state or to society through their personal or professional endeavors.
- HUMANITARIAN: Honour the woman with outstanding humanitarian achievements
- ENTERPRENURIAL: Honour and acknowledge the hard work and inspiring stories of women entrepreneurs and businesses in Ghana.
- HEALTH: Honour the woman who is making extraordinary contributions in the fields of health, medicine, or the sciences
- ARTS: Honour the woman who has either displayed exemplary artistic accomplishments in their field or have made a significant contribution to cultural development in Ghana.
- ADVOCACY: Honour the woman who is actively engaged in advocacy to improve the lives of individuals
- TRAILBLAZERS: Honour the women who have made their mark in a particular industry
- MEDIA: Honour the woman who has excelled in radio, TV, film and theatre achievements.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Honour personalities from the field of entertainment across movies, music, television, sports, theatre and dance.
- EDUCATION: Honour the woman who is making extraordinary contributions to the education of children thus providing them the platform from which to become fully productive members of society.
- SPORTS: Honour the woman with outstanding achievement in sports
- CORPORATE: Honour the woman with the best corporate responsibility excellence.