BN TV

BN TV: Watch this Nigerian Couple married for 35 Years share their Story

BN TV

Onye Ubanatu and the MypassionMylife Media team hope to create joy, bring good tidings, restore hope and strength families with their “Warri Love” special.

Last time, we met 2 lovebirds who had been married for 56 years.

This time, we meet Mr & Mrs Ikhide Atane who have been married for 35 years.

Onye says;

As an African filmmaker passionate about using media content as a social impact tool in making our community a better place, I got the chance to sit with this couple who have been married for 35 years to talk about how they met and what has kept them together.

Recently, I have been very concerned with the high divorce rate and failed marriages even before the wedding ceremony itself and also with the emergence of social media now seen as the determining factor for judging the quality and longevity of a marriage, using stories like these will help in strengthening healthy relationships and marriages.

This couple married for 35 years with a beautiful story and pure love for themselves despite their economic situation and with the feedback of how the initial video given hope to many, we decided to make a cut of this.

1. Pretty girl

July 31, 2016 at 11:43 pm

GoD I thank you for this couple. Mama and papa thank u for the message u just gave.

2. AHausaChickInToronto

August 1, 2016 at 12:55 am

Awww this is so beautiful. I always knew it had to be God and Love. Thank you Mr and Mrs Atane for affirming that certainty

3. Bey

August 1, 2016 at 1:11 am

Awww I love their smile.
    You can see they both married for love, and are still in love.

I’m not saying money doesn’t matter in a rltshp o, but girls Nwdays have different criteria for marriage.
    Smtimes I don’t blame dem, bcos a lot of our men ain’t loyal. But sum girls just have sum criterias dat r off d chain. Sum of them valid, some of dem completely silly.

What university/Ivy League college did he go and it must be abroad.
    What car does he drive. Range/LR4/Mercedes/X6
    Where does he live. Ikoyi/vi/lekki. Bcos I don’t do bridges.
    What does he do? Six figure salary or on Forbes list youngest billionaire club.
    What club does he belong. Ikoyi club/boat club
    What school will our kids go. st saviours Ikoyi / AIS / Lekki british
    Will we travel every Easter, summer, Christmas. Dubai/uk / us.
    Lastly I will rather cry in a range, dan a beetle.

4. DN

August 1, 2016 at 2:36 am

I absolutely love this!

5. Tunde Versace

August 1, 2016 at 4:57 am

After now them go say Nigerian men are abusive, we are not romantic, we are not caring, Infact we have all the bad things… See this man married for 35 years and still proud of his wife…
    Nothing like Naija man…

• A

August 1, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Lmaooo biko. My dad would have said more and yet my mum is enduring cheating and abuse so tey she don turn numb to the stuff. MANY Nigerian men are all the stuff you mentioned and more. There are good ones though. Just be realistic and admit that you know that many men aren’t good spouses

• Pompey

August 1, 2016 at 1:44 pm

@Tunde Versace

Funny how you say “and still proud of his wife” like it should be any different. Or like he deserves to be specially applauded for something he’s meant to do anyway.

The fact that you’re even having to make this comment shows that you also recognize that Nigerian men like him are an exception, rather than the rule.

Sir, we celebrate you. Madam, we celebrate you. Your marriage is an inspiration. May you live long and enjoy each other for many, many more years.

6. nunulicious

August 1, 2016 at 5:52 am

you do well!

7. ifyBEKE

August 1, 2016 at 6:17 am

Love, Love , Looovee !!!

8. Fifi

August 1, 2016 at 8:16 am

I love this series, wishing my dad was still alive because my parents truly loved each other, my mum talks about him at least once a week even after 23 years as a widow

9. Daybreak

August 1, 2016 at 9:02 am

….. And my mumsy and popsy separated after 30 years of marriage and four kids. God please make my story different.

10. T

August 1, 2016 at 9:03 am

awwwww!i looooooooove this. Inspite of all the scary marriage stories we hear these days, there are still good ones out there.
    Onye ubanatu…this idea is genius.

11. tife