BN TV

“Living in Constant Comparison to my Siblings: The Damage So Far” Watch Episode 6 of ‘Get Pink with Richard’

Richard Akuson

Fashion writer and critic turned fashion publicist and vlogger – Richard Akuson is out with a brand new episode of “Get Pink With Richard”.

This time he goes back in time talking about he was constantly compared to his siblings and the eventual effects.

He says,

All my life, I’ve lived in constant comparison to my other siblings. I hated that, and nearly started disliking them. I just couldn’t understand so many things; especially about my looks. That’s how severe such comparisons can take a toll on just about anyone.

Ever been in similar situation? Or not?

Watch it here:

1. Emmanuel

October 20, 2016 at 3:36 pm

i can so relate to this, especially when you have siblings who are financially doing much better than you, not that you are not making a living, but the success of your siblings just seems to over shadow yours. it becomes a serious issue as even relatives spite you and you’re like did i create myself? is not everyone that will be engineers or doctors or software Engineers

• wale

October 20, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Pink with Richard, sound so gay, it is gay

• Mz Titilitious

October 21, 2016 at 10:53 am

i concur

2. Honest

October 20, 2016 at 4:15 pm

The one I find hard to understand is people make comments such as your sister is finer than you. Okay and so what. What is that statement supposed to achieve. Nigerians though

3. chic wen sabi

October 20, 2016 at 11:13 pm

My advice is that if you got an opportunity to distance yourself from their negative words my brother, sister run (this can really breakyou) and in your own quite way just make the best of life. When they feel you have grown better , dem go dey sing different songs.
    I do not know why parents /relatives does this alot.

In my own case, they compared me tire with my younger sister and whoever secretly. Me I just kept a distance from them and living my life quitely. As God wen no dey sleep, lifted me very high and life is better for me in my own ways.

4. mariam

October 21, 2016 at 10:11 am

I would totally wear this pieces. lovely collection