News

I’ll marry a Nigerian man if approached “because Nigerians are nice people” – Kenyan Rodah Jepkhorir, Female category winner of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon

BellaNaija.com

Rodah Jepkhorir

Rodah Jepkhorir of Kenya, the first female elite athlete to cross the finish line in Saturday’s 2nd Access Bank Lagos City Marathon, said she would not hesitate to marry a Nigerian if approached.

Jepkhorir told NAN at the finish point that she would not hesitate due to the kind nature of Nigerians.

“If a Nigerian man should ask for my hand in marriage, I will marry him because Nigerians are nice people. Nationality is no barrier, so far he is committed and caring, I will have no option,’’ she said.

She also said that she loved watching the duo of Nigerian actors, Aki and Paw paw, saying that she was so attached to Nigeria.

“Aki and Pawpaw are my best actors in Nigeria, I have so much love for the Nigerian movie industry,’’ the runner said.

The athlete, who is visiting Nigeria for the first time, said that winning the race was a dream come through for her.

“The race has given me the opportunity to come to my dream country, I will come over and over again,’’ she said.

1. A Real Nigerian

February 11, 2017 at 8:06 pm

So naïve ?

• LemmeRant

February 11, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Hehehe ?

Stay there and be forming.
      Women from all over africa are there to take your place

• A Real Nigerian

February 11, 2017 at 11:16 pm

Lolololol!!
      My place? They can come and have it. Never been so happy to play Esau. ?

• Blessing

February 11, 2017 at 11:50 pm

Miss Rhoda just tell us that u went to Nigeria to hunt for a husband. Maybe u’ve eaten Nigerian jollof lol…

2. Noble

February 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm

In Nigeria, everything begins and ends with relationships and marriage You mean that was the question a NAN reporter asked the poor lady at the finish line? SMH.

• Author Unknown

February 11, 2017 at 8:35 pm

I tire.

• nonsense

February 12, 2017 at 3:06 am

so confusing. someone won a race, came all the way from kenya for said race and no question as to how she heard about it, what she does in Kenya.. instead marriage questions??? did they ask the male winner about his marriage plans too? did they ask him if he likes nigerian women?
      such rubbish.!!!!

• John

February 12, 2017 at 8:47 am

Did you say poor lady? She’s not poor. She just won a marathon and took home a prize more than you probably make in two years…ha ha ha.

3. Sultana

February 11, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Ki la gbe ki le ju??? Better face ya front! The person that asked that question gan?! congratulate her on the marathon and move on. Kilo kan marathon ati marriage if not ‘Mar’ (wetin consign agbero with overload)

4. chickkk

February 11, 2017 at 8:32 pm

Tbt.. I have girlfriends from other African countries and they love everything Nigerian,,, especially the men.. my Kenyan gf was obsessed at a time. from music to movies to food to news (I wont lie it used to annoy me ) . till a Yoruba demonD came her way.. even after warning her… she learnt her lesson..
    seems like others appreciate “our” own more (might be because of the movies ? artist ? idk what it is ) because they don’t have to deal with you guys on a daily smh!

• ec

February 11, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Its not appreciation its fascination. our Nollywood movies are a big reason for them. But when they enter into a relationship with Nigerian men they see that its not all that.

5. Hmm

February 12, 2017 at 1:49 am

LOL!. poor girl. Good luck with that.

6. Joke

February 12, 2017 at 3:38 am

Many African women want to marry Nigerian men because they are more hardworking, exploitative of opportunities and entrepreneurial than their men by far. No comparison money wise. 9aija no dey dull. His hustle is exponential. And Nigerian men want them because most are submissive and are not “open eye” 9aija girls. They don’t spend as much cos they are not used to much, so 9aija men can relax around them and feel like kings. Come see them all over London including several of my male cousins have married them and all of them are ode one way or the other. The things they take from my cousins including womanizing, I don’t believe 9aija girls can oh. Fire go don burn somebody…. One even kneels to serve my cousin food. Even my aunt, his mother tells her no 9aija girl will do this and my egotistical and arrogant cousin loves it… That’s why he married her…

7. Bowl

February 12, 2017 at 7:47 am

8. Temi

February 12, 2017 at 8:22 am

OF COURSE YOU WILL LOVE NIGERIAN MEN!! IN KENYA YOUR MEN ARE NOT CIRCUMCISED AND THEIR ” THING”” LOOK LIKE DOG THING WITH THE SKIN GOING BACK AND FORTH.. NAIJA MAN ARE STRONG.. AND GOOD LOOKING.. CLEAN AND SMART.. THAT IS WHY ALL AFRICA ARE DYING FOR THEM. ALSO MEN FROM SENEGAL THEY ARE NEAT… AND GOOD LOOKING AND TREAT WOMEN WELL.. THE ONLY MEN IN AFRICA I AM AFRAID OF AND ONLY THEY CAN MARRY WOMEN OF THEIR OWN.. ARE SOUTH AFRICANS.. MY SOUTH AFRICAN BROTHERS CAN ONLY MARRIED SOUTH AFRICAN WOMEN.. BOY BOY BOY… THESE MEN ARE BRUTAL , HARSH, AND VIOLENT.. EVEN BY THEIR FEATURES AND THE WAY THEY TALK… THANK GOD I HAVE MY NAIJA MAN LONG LONG LONG TIME AGO SINCE I WAS 22 YEARS AND IT HAS BEEN MANY YEARS OF MARRIAGE WHICH PRODUCED BEAUTIFUL KIDS. SO PRAISE THE LORD..

• john

February 12, 2017 at 8:31 am

@temi hallelujah Amen

• chic

February 13, 2017 at 3:28 am

but why are you shouting mah ?

9. AFOLABI IDOWU EBENEZER

February 12, 2017 at 9:35 pm

I luv her so much bcos she is a vision determination type and she not bad . I luv her so much