BN TV

“I remember I felt inspired” – WATCH Venus Williams surprise the Middle School Teacher who Changed her Life

BN TV

In honor of Teacher Appreciation Month, Tennis star Venus Williams dropped in on her former teacher’s class to say thank you believing in her potential.

The 36-year-old headed back to her hometown to have an emotional reunion with her teacher at Mark Twain Middle School in Lynwood, California.

Venus says “Ms. Vellegas, I remember I felt inspired. I felt nourished. The care that she takes with each student, you can tell that there’s love in her heart.”

Watch the heartwarming moment below.

1. Darius

May 2, 2017 at 6:20 am

I’m in tears right now. I’ll ever remain indebted to those who taught and molded me into the man I have become. Mrs Baba, Miss Yellow, Uncle Yemi, Mrs Yerima and others whose names I can’t remember, I appreciate what you all did for me. I have always had it in mind to locate each one of you and sow bountifully into your lives. Lord, give me the grace to do it.

2. Ms B

May 2, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Awesomeness! I’m weeping right now. This is a TEACHER! 30Years after she’s still teaching and making impact. What a passion!

3. HSBC - DIrector

May 2, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Does anyone know where Mr Wilson is?
    He is from Ghana and used to take extramural classes at Ikolaba in Ibadan, Oyo State Nigeria
    He decoded maths for me and made it like pringles, He made me love maths and further maths and coached me to always look forward to solving any equation – that the solution is there somewhere

Aside O level distinction, I had 89 in further maths in Jamb which so boosted my overall Jamb Score to 311

I still attack problems that way – there is a solution somewhere somehow

God bless you! but beyond that, I hope to say thank you in Kind

4. Kay

May 2, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Can’t believe I’m in tears.. Aww that was so nice of Venus. Never forget those who have impacted your life in one way or the other

5. Mavi

May 2, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Gosh, I’m a freaking mess right now, can’t stop crying. 🙂 God bless all the unsung teachers who have impacted our lives in positive ways.

6. Ann

May 5, 2017 at 11:02 am

This is so touching…God bless all teachers who teach with all their heart and humility. Thanks Venus