News

#Trending: Are Guys Obligated to Sort Out the Lady’s Transport Fare when she Visits?

BellaNaija.com

There is a trending topic on Nigerian Twitter today and it has been quite interesting to see the different responses and opinions.

The trending topic is the “obligation” on guys to sort out the transportation of their lady friend whenever she visits. Should it be an obligation?

Share your thoughts and see some tweets from TwitterNG below.

1. funmilola

May 2, 2017 at 11:14 pm

If he visits me, I’m I obligated to pay his tfare?
    Toh!
    The only time I can ask for tfare from my boyfriend is if he insists I visit after telling him I don’t have money for tfare(and it’s based on agreement)…..I can just put unnecessary burden on someone else,otherwise I pay my tfare with my money.

2. Engoz

May 2, 2017 at 11:24 pm

This is an insult to our intelligence. BN, it’s not everything you see on twitter you ask us. Please know your audience. Unless your audience has changed whereby the hungry, long throat dregs of society now populate this site.

No, a man is not obligated to pay for transport fare, your food, your hair, your sanitary pad….should I go on?

End of discussion!

• ugo

May 3, 2017 at 8:45 am

You’re being very disrespectful actually, if their content appeals to a broad spectrum of society,how is that a problem? Abi who no won elevate? I just can’t with all these bourgeois people,Sies man! Professor Bellanaija

• Engoz

May 3, 2017 at 1:40 pm

You have just revealed your innate inferiority complex many of you suffer from here. You are extremely intimidated. If bourgeois is requesting more stimulating topics from BN, I will be gladly bourgeois or whatever expression you innately inferior people use to console yourselves. I’m not the cause of your inferiority complex. Your parents are. Focus on them. Don’t hide under the ‘broad spectrum of society’ either. Every business has their market! Failure to understand and appeal to your market is a good way to run your business to the ground. This is a STUPID topic no adult should be caught dead discussing or wasting a single brain cell on. Oya kill yourself.

3. Wunmi

May 2, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Seriously BN can u stop all these stupid questions for crying out loud.Why should he be obligated to and why even the word * obligated * mtsheww
    Bring something more realistic to yarn about pls

4. an

May 2, 2017 at 11:41 pm

Of course no one is obligated to pay for anything, but once again, another reason to bash feminists lmao. Everytime something sexist comes up people drag feminists, even though no feminists may have even cosigned to the idea.

• john

May 3, 2017 at 8:19 pm

@an shut up and [email protected]_danielz and see why people are dragging hypocritical Nigerian feminist on it

5. mz_danielz

May 3, 2017 at 10:20 am

Okay when I started my career, I used to accept dates based on the Tfare I received. To be honest, my trainee salary was small and I needed to augment. So if three guys call me, you’ll see me thinking ‘A gives 10k for cab but the distance from the venue of the date to my house is 4k so I’ll have 6k left. B also gives 10 k but the cab fare from the date venue is 2k. C will stop the cab and pay the driver. Abeg I’m going with B jare.’ It never occurred to me that they wouldn’t pay for the cab fare though I always had vex money.

OMG, I can imagine how I sound now but it’s the truth.

Now I drive and all but I’ve noticed that after I’ve gone out with a guy like twice, he offers to fill my tank and I let him do it and of course, your man has to handle the fixing of your car, though if it gets too much, you can assist but he talks to the mechanics and all.

Things like T.fare are not an issue for me except is fare for Lagos to London with a little change to hold and then I’m so down and saying thank you.

Say what you will, but it’s my God given right as a female to be spent on and no I am not hungry or beggarly or what not, I just enjoy being spent on and I am a generous person too. (Actually took the love language test and my love language is gift giving). If a guy is liking me and isn’t spending and looking for ways to make my life easy, I believe he is just lying about liking me.

I am a feminist that will independently spend your money. My feminism is not your feminism.

• Ijs

May 3, 2017 at 10:51 am

Girl!!! 🙂

6. SoniaPaloma

May 3, 2017 at 10:27 am

Bn, this is the only site i visit daily (when time permits) or weekly when busy. I class most people who visit here and comment as intellectually stimulating. Please do refrain from bringing senseless questions like this on here

7. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 3, 2017 at 10:36 am

If it is in Nigeria, of course, the guy should support her transport fare.

But in the western world, it is different.

Nigeria is not the same as other countries.

8. I Just Waka Come

May 3, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Truly. Nigeria is not the same a anywhere in the world.

9. Enny Heart Heart

May 3, 2017 at 7:19 pm

I don’t get why some of you are mad at BN for this post. It’s a question that a lot of people (in Nigeria) ask themselves before even agreeing to hang out. And if this is the case, of course the editor has every right to post a trending, conversation-starting topic. Not to mention, you CAN easily scroll past if the topic doesn’t appeal to you.

Seriously people, relax.