Scoop

“The Ooni and I are no more” Olori Wuraola confirms separation rumours

BellaNaija.com

Olori Wuraola, now Zaynab-Otiti Obanor, confirms Split with Ooni of Ife - BellaNaijaThe now-former queen of Ife Olori Wuraola, now Zaynab-Otiti Obanor, has confirmed rumours of her split with the Ooni of Ife Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi.

She confirmed the news on her Instagram, saying that a lot of false information about her has been circulated.

“What I can confirm, is that the Ooni and I are no more,” she said.

Olori Wuraola urged people to stop shaming women with false stories of infidelity, and said there is “no truth to the media circulated lies of infidelity and infertility- on my end.”

Read her full statement below:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

The spreading of false information (through “sources” afraid to be identified) is the mark of cowards and a cover up for guilty parties to justify their horrific actions.

No matter how much time you’ve invested, no matter the use of media to silence & manipulate, no matter the circumstance, slander, embarrassment, threats and lies: Get out and seek immediate help!

We’ve seen this movie before. Women being dragged in the press & blamed for everything under the sun. This behavior is unacceptable. I urge those involved to be mindful of their actions for the eyes of our Almighty God are always watching. The seeds of slander is a cancer that harvests to eat away the souls of the planter.

The throne is sacred and the attempts to tarnish the name of a Queen, in defense or on behalf of a silent King makes all involved look terrible. Remain dignified in all you do. It’s not the end of the world, but the start of a new chapter and you must turn the page with grace. The world is watching.

Thank you for your love and support.

With peace, love &  light,

Her Highness, Zaynab Otiti Obanor.

See the post below:

View this post on Instagram

OFFICIAL STATEMENT We have got to stop this culture of shaming and vilifying women with false stories of infidelity & nefarious behavior. The spreading of false information (through "sources" afraid to be identified) is the mark of cowards and a cover up for guilty parties to justify their horrific actions. There is absolutely no truth to the media circulated lies of infidelity and infertility- on my end. What I can confirm, is that the Ooni and I are no more. I inhale love & exhale gratitude. My journey continues as a Humanitarian aiding women and victims of domestic violence & abuse with the United Nations. No matter how much time you've invested, no matter the use of media to silence & manipulate, no matter the circumstance, slander, embarrassment, threats and lies: Get out and seek immediate help! We've seen this movie before. Women being dragged in the press & blamed for everything under the sun. This behavior is unacceptable. I urge those involved to be mindful of their actions for the eyes of our Almighty God are always watching. The seeds of slander is a cancer that harvests to eat away the souls of the planter. The throne is sacred and the attempts to tarnish the name of a Queen, in defense or on behalf of a silent King makes all involved look terrible. Remain dignified in all you do. It's not the end of the world, but the start of a new chapter and you must turn the page with grace. The world is watching. As I bid adieu to this chapter, my wish to you all is to step into your lives – boldly & fearlessly, the way God intended and live not just by words, but through example. The best chapter in our lives is the one we are writing now. Thank you for your love and support. With peace, love &  light, -Her Highness, Zaynab Otiti Obanor.

A post shared by Queen Zaynab (@hhzaynab) on

Photo Credit: Instagram – hhzaynab

1. peter

August 30, 2017 at 9:59 am

Both You Olori, The OOni and the person that wrote that press release are all mad…So it took Y’all how many weeks again? to draft a press release after debunking it?? BTW i love the new Olori..Saw her photos on IG

• Ej

August 30, 2017 at 10:03 am

She is not the one, it was a birthday shoot, but we can’t tell o

• Biker Chic

August 30, 2017 at 12:53 pm

See ehn women, instead of trying to decode what happened, focus on the message. Leave a violent/disrespecful union/partnership/marriage it does not always end well if you don’t. Wuraola, congrats you left. The best chapter of your life is the one you write. Profound message. I don’t want to know why she left. Point is, she left and will survive.

• Sade Twyse

August 30, 2017 at 1:21 pm

“…media circulated lies if Infidelity and infertility – on my end ”

This is a loaded line. Ha nkan be!

• Olanma

August 30, 2017 at 3:24 pm

I thought she said just a couple of weeks ago that media reports about her failed marriage to te King was inaccurate and false, as a result she was going to seek legal action?

• Wale Vintage

August 31, 2017 at 1:52 pm

For the sake of the Yoruba cultural heritage the Ooni should PLEASE chill a bit and not marry any woman for now. He should take his time to rethink what lessons he has learnt from this MESS and focus on promoting our culture and strengthening his relationship with his subjects. He needs to understand what type of woman should be his Queen, this is essential since that woman will be the model for all Yoruba women. This woman came to desecrate our institution and the ooni was to blame-there were younger Obas in history that made better judgement than he has shown. There is no rush finding a befitting queen for the Yorubas. I am sure there is a Yoruba woman out there that can be trained and polished up for this very important cultural role. No matter whose fault it was that led to this disgraceful situation, this woman should be completely stripped of any title -it is better for this to be quickly left in the past. She is NOT a royal highness(unless she continues to smoke the weed I have read she smokes),she was certainly not a Queen material. The whole ordeal should just melt into history-this has been a major embarrassment. We have to look past the social media drama and commentary and consider the impact to the Yoruba Cultural Heritage which surmounts even the Oba himself.

• AA

October 30, 2018 at 6:28 pm

How she take “desecrate” una institution? Asking for a friend

• Manny

August 31, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Wale Vintage, is Adeyeye king material?

2. Ej

August 30, 2017 at 10:01 am

All I can say is, u are a strong woman, God is on ur side, u will go places. No I don’t know the ish between u two but this ooni is a modern ruler, I mean after the whole public charade and u do this. First ur first wife and now the second, even after telling us the gods confirmed it. The it’s safe to say something is wrong with the king(ooni) bellanaija post this comment o

• Osa

August 30, 2017 at 10:40 am

I agree. This king should be dethroned. No woman seems good enough for him.??
      But i have a strong feeling that all those rumours about this wuraola flying around prior to their wedding is the real reason behind this marriage crash.

As a king he just didnt want to appear weak. Na him sabi. Let’s see who his 3rd wife will be.

3. mylady

August 30, 2017 at 10:03 am

it is well, na person wey wear shoe know where the show pinch am

• Padre

August 30, 2017 at 11:11 am

Just wondering if the shoe pinching will reach Jennifer O.

All the pictures depicting their sisterly bond will continue or nah?

4. ec

August 30, 2017 at 10:07 am

how many more olori’s will this man go through?
    You and him are the only 2 that know exactly what happened. Good luck

5. Fabulous

August 30, 2017 at 10:08 am

I’m not surprised.

6. ***

August 30, 2017 at 10:08 am

Please o absorb this information, especially women
    If the ooni of ife can be left, then there is nobody who cannot/shouldn’t be left if unaplogetic infidelity, abuse and violence feature in your marriage/relationship
    Even if I know her leaving is as a result of in-law intimidation and large disapproval by many yorubas as their olori (as she is not originally yoruba) tribalism is the key reason she left
    obas snubbed the ooni for this union

• Osa

August 30, 2017 at 10:42 am

I dont think she left of her own volition. More like she was ordered to leave

• Olanma

August 30, 2017 at 3:26 pm

It had nothing to do with her being Yoruba. It was allegedly because of her previous marriages to men, and a forever governor. And she was in a relationship with a Lebenase guy just before she married the King. I don’t think it has anything not do with tribe; I disagree.

• Olanma

August 30, 2017 at 3:27 pm

It had nothing to do with her not being Yoruba*

7. ***

August 30, 2017 at 10:08 am

Please o absorb this information, especially women
    obas snubbed the ooni because of this union

• Ijebujesha

August 30, 2017 at 11:28 am

Calm down , Madam. Didn’t you read that she was begging Obasanjo up and down to pacify the Ooni? Does this lady look like someone who whpuld leave all that royalty on her own volition even if she was dying there? Lol. It was a marriage that should never have been but that Ooni is still a child at 40+. Children are very weak in predicting outcomes. May God forgive us, but some of us who are already adults at under 40 always knew that it would take a big miracle for the marriage to last.

• Biker Chic

August 30, 2017 at 12:58 pm

@Ijebu, don’t be silly. So, you are now her liver to know if she left of her own free will or not? Who is Obasanjo to be asked to interseed on anybody’s behalf? Obasanjo the harlot? Obasanjo that has stinking scandals hanging around his neck? Rumour monger, Fear God.

• ***

August 30, 2017 at 1:47 pm

@ijebuijesha if you can’t understand that obasanjo is part of the problem then you are not truly a mature under 40 adult
      Is marriage a political institution?
      Is obasanjo her in-law?
      Forget all the false love, this woman was bullied/intimidated by the yoruba elite … don’t let me get started on her 1st abi 2nd trip to london as olori were a known olori questioned her fertility… believe it or not …
      Her husband in other to maintain acceptance, love and respect from his elite had to succumb to them
      She may have lead a rough life in the past but one thing I know is the crown changed her for better
      Then don’t let me get started on ooni’s sisters

8. Babym

August 30, 2017 at 10:43 am

Awww very dignified and mature response. Ppl break up everyday, marriages fail, life happens. So I am with her when she says the vilifiying of women in failed marriages is just rubbish. I actually did like her as an Olori. I thought she carried herself very well. Her past is really not our business.

9. Mahka

August 30, 2017 at 10:55 am

I gave it a year. Good luck on your new life chapter.
    PS, so no child came out of this union? deliberate or….

• Halima

August 30, 2017 at 11:34 am

Hmm. ..giving people a year. monitoring spirit. How many years did you give your own relationship or marriage. it’s well

• Corolla

August 30, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Madam Soothsayer, you gave it a year. Stay in darkness sogbo and be declaring rubbish.

• dees

August 31, 2017 at 4:18 am

Weere somebodi..oloshi

10. mummybubu

August 30, 2017 at 10:59 am

And to think that this marriage caused verbal fights here on bella naija a couple of months back. Its well, life happens.

11. Zim

August 30, 2017 at 11:06 am

So why did she bother with that denial a few weeks back?

12. Funmi

August 30, 2017 at 11:31 am

I wish you all the best beautiful Wuraola…You are a strong woman and God got you.

13. Chioma

August 30, 2017 at 11:33 am

so am d only one seeing the shade in her official statement?
    1) she said the ooni is infertile and cheated.
    2) She is claimng domestic abuse. so d king abused her . wao! no wonder she did domestic violence march with tonto and mercy aigbe
    2) olori also calling him a coward for spreading rumors about her calling him silent king Kai!!! this is drama in d making.
    this woman is BOLD. I like her!!

• Cmbo

August 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm

On point!! i deduced same. She said a whole lot and at the same time said nothing!! i doff my hat for whoever wrote this statement. Too sharp!

14. soetan

August 30, 2017 at 11:38 am

The ooni shld check himself.. infactm I beginning to suspect the paternity of tht his only daughter.. you cant tell me your first wife cldnt give u a child, you second wife wuraola cldnt give u a child..but you think that daughter is yours! pls go and find that ur ex gf and ask for paternity test.. lets wait and see this new olori.. hmm..

• Belema

August 30, 2017 at 3:31 pm

But this woman shouldn’t have married him in the first place. She was hungry for fame and power. His first wife left him when he became king, (probably didn’t want any diabolical and fetish shenanigans) he allegedly just begged her (1st wife) to follow him to Ife as you cannot become king without a wife. Wuraola should’ve just stayed with her Lebanese guy. And Daisy Danjuma apparently hooked them up. Because of her past escapades with men, I knew the marriage would be difficult for her; especially as a Queen.

• soetan

August 30, 2017 at 4:22 pm

I agree with you @Belema… This woman had no business being in this position.. and neither does this new olori, who ever she is.. Greed is a dangerous thing.. I was applauding when the first wife left… Not everybody is moved by greed…I for one wld never mingle with all these fetishism things

but this ooni shld come to terms with the fact that he is impotent..

• Osa

August 30, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Belema love, it is clear that you know next to nothing about the circumstances surrounding the 1st wife’s exit.
      For starters, she had issues with the king’s overbearing – and as far as I am concerned -,jobless sisters

• Bisola

August 30, 2017 at 11:58 pm

I think it is distasteful dragging the issue of his grown up daughter into this. Very insensitive to say the least!

• Belema

August 31, 2017 at 2:37 am

Osa,
      It is clear that you cannot read and lack comprehension skills. I said she shouldn’t have married the King at all or left her fiancé for the King. If she had stayed with her fiancé, she won’t have encountered all you’ve stated allegedly happened.

15. Warri Pickin

August 30, 2017 at 11:39 am

My darling you are a brave woman to put up this write up. I respect you sis. God bless the throne

16. M

August 30, 2017 at 11:51 am

Very matured . But Sonia make peace with Khoury. You talk about God almighty, what you did to that young man that loved you was wicked. Make peace too. Ask his forgiveness. You wronged that man and God can not be mocked. Be strong

• Biker Chic

August 30, 2017 at 1:01 pm

17. Mom of 3

August 30, 2017 at 11:56 am

What a dignified statement! Women are always demonized when a marriage goes wrong while the man smiles smugly and moves on to the next gullible woman. Only God knows what the woman went through in that their fetish palace.

18. Anon

August 30, 2017 at 12:00 pm

“There is absolutely no truth to the media circulated lies of infidelity and infertility- on my end.”

Is it on his end?

Stay strong.

• Biker Chic

August 30, 2017 at 1:02 pm

@Anon, I saw that bit and chuckled. I hope the Ooni does not spring a “pregnancy” to cover up his iiisshhh.

• Le coco

August 30, 2017 at 1:59 pm

They should test that his daughter.. im wth soétant on this one.. hmm… 2 of ur wives cldnt give u a child huh? suspect

19. Name

August 30, 2017 at 12:15 pm

It’s not easy to wear one Colour of cloth Sef.

• mrs chidukane

August 30, 2017 at 3:03 pm

noooo! lmao! na wa for you oh!

• Sade Twyse

August 30, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Abi? 17 months a cele prophetess ?. Not worth it at all. On top one broke azz ooni

• Lami

August 30, 2017 at 4:22 pm

You didn’t ????????????????????????????

• Darkelli

August 30, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Lol…. Seriously. I tot the same too!

• Olori

August 30, 2017 at 6:25 pm

Hahaha you didn’t! You savage!!!! Why can’t I like this comment a thousand times LOOOL.

• BlueEyed

August 31, 2017 at 8:25 am

I’m done ?????????

• Bruness

August 31, 2017 at 6:35 pm

@ Name I literally laughed out loud. You no be am.

20. physio Tinu

August 30, 2017 at 12:49 pm

it is sad to see any marriage break-up. But mehn, I must say, this is a very classy way of handling/announcing it. All the best going forward lady.
    Shame to bad people who didn’t even give it a chance..as if their own closet is sparkling clean.

21. Sade Twyse

August 30, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Something something just ain’t right – side eyeing ooni. I hear his sisters don’t have kids either

22. momo

August 30, 2017 at 2:00 pm

i guess wife number 1 will be sipping fine wine with a smile somewhere…ladies when you hear something about a man stop blocking your ears because you feel you have won a trophy do your due diligence and stop labelling people “haters” simply because you want to marry ……..there are numerous examples of this ..you remember beverly BBN who called out her ex about violence and how it played out …..

23. eagleeye

August 30, 2017 at 2:08 pm

With all the nonsense I have heard about this Olori, this is SUCH A DIGNIFIED response and has totally changed my view of her. Breakups happen, life happens. Women, listen to what she has said and adhere accordingly. All the very best Olori. Let the good tide of life and God be with you. All the best

24. Ijebujesha

August 30, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Stop calling her Olori. She is now Sophia. Olori of where? Only her- Sophia, Zaynab, Wuraoola, Otiti, Obanor, Lebanon, Ife, Jigawa, Edo…Haba, na only you waka come?

• cuppy

August 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Are you jealous, if you think its easy go and marry your own.

• Smh

August 30, 2017 at 4:49 pm

Carry cane and beat her na madam *stop calling her Olori* rolling my eyes. Pepper will just be peppering some people for body sha.

25. mrs chidukane

August 30, 2017 at 3:04 pm

ahn ahn, I thought there was a time she was pregnant?

26. Ephi

August 30, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Randy Ooni, changing wives like wrapper.

27. Exq

August 30, 2017 at 3:42 pm

She honestly should never have left her Lebanese fiancé for the King; I guess you can say this is Karma. In this day and age, I don’t know why anyone will want to marry a King and be “caged”. Was she after fame? I don’t know. Women and girls who see another woman/girl leave a marriage/marriage and go immediately into it; I wonder the magic they expect. Because of her controversial past with men; I knew this marriage would be extremely difficult for her, especially as a Queen. Well, all this best in your new journey.
    Bella Naija, if you like delete this comment as you’ve deleted other people’s comments. I wonder why you have a commention section.

28. Person

August 30, 2017 at 4:42 pm

This is hard o! In Yoruba land, once you marry the Ooni, that is supposed to be end, like you can’t ever get married again. All the best o!

29. Susan

August 30, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Like some have pointed out, she shouldn’t have left her fiancé for the King; that was harsh. I wonder what her reasons were. She has a highly publicized bad record with men and I knew it’ll only make the marriage to the Ooni tumultuous for her sooner or later. The ex-wife who left wasn’t a psycho. I’m yet to understand why women do this. You see a fellow woman leave a relationship/marriage; you immediately rush into it, then come out and start writing epistles. Her marriage to the King was way too fast; kind of looked like it was arranged. Oh well, all the best with the next journey of your life.

• Corolla

September 2, 2017 at 2:18 pm

@susan, only you! You have made this commenys 3x, with different names. E don do.

30. Ewa Ali

August 30, 2017 at 5:21 pm

@ Itohan and her goons….silent is the best answer for a fool, may God give you patience, you can see that the Imperial Majesty has chosen to ignore you.

• IYAWO KEKERE

August 30, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Which Majesty? Oro wo lo wa lenu ashiere? What has a mad man got to say in the committee of sane people? Majesty of the watery sperm? Majesty the wife beater? Majesty the weakling that could not defend his wives against the onslaught of friends, family and enemies. I beg, jump and pass defender of the [email protected]

• Manny

August 31, 2017 at 2:24 am

Majesty of the watery sperm ? ? ?
      it’s not good o

31. Hmm

August 30, 2017 at 8:55 pm

The oracle COULD not FORSEE that this union called marriage will end in 17 months,
    that the Ooni’s sisters WOULD cause havoc in this marriage
    Reveal the past love life of the ex Olori wuraola

WHO exactly is behind this oracle – ?? Disguised PR or a business arrangement between the big wigs of ile-ife and Benin, Olori Wuraola was just the pawn who thought she was the wife.

32. daniel

August 30, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Everyone has the right to be happy. We all make our choices. Its a sad thing when marriages fail but i doubt very much that this two were ever in love or were even friends. I wish her luck, Her Lebanese ex fiance will be laughing hard wherever he is…

33. Jojo

August 30, 2017 at 10:16 pm

We know the scope, She dey form virgin for ooni when ooni reach there he find say na express highway.

Ooni penis come dey scratch am everytime after banging

• Jaygirl

September 1, 2017 at 5:05 am

Very dry and distasteful joke.

34. Nahum

August 31, 2017 at 3:17 am

I remember when this chic declared that she was not a feminist and said feminism does not exist, or something like that. I also recall saying that it’s because patriarchy has not yet dealt her a heavy blow. Now I can see she is nursing the bruises inflicted by patriarchy. Zaynab, I am truly sorry about the pain you are going through, it is truly a shame. This is also the same pain and shame the first wife went through. God is your strength, just keep your head up.

• Sheneneh Devonte

September 2, 2017 at 10:01 am

I wish I could like your comment a thousand more times. This was exactly what came to mind when I read her official statement. She probably still isn’t a feminist but hopefully, now, she knows why some of us are. It’s not a tussle, or tug of war, it’s simply what it is. Hopefully, she also knows feminists got her back (in the battle against patriarchy) regardless because that’s what feminism is all about.

35. Adamazi

August 31, 2017 at 7:18 pm

She’s is the People’s Olori. She nailed it with that press release. Better days ahead

36. omono

September 2, 2017 at 6:47 am

She has made many mistakes but I love her strength, her dignity and pride. I like this woman. People talking about how many men she dated, how many women has the Ooni dated? People saying she was desperate, wasn’t the Ooni desperate to wear the crown too? She’s human, why shouldn’t she be accorded the same margin for errors as the Ooni. You want the woman to be perfect but hold the man to no standard. That’s the world we live in.

37. Rose Okwy

September 2, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Why are people worried about how many men she dated,. Let me ask, should she have dated a goat? Who up and leaves a good relationship? I will wait..

38. Uberhaute looks

September 3, 2017 at 2:11 pm

How many women has Ooni dated?

39. Joke

September 4, 2017 at 2:43 am

Poor Wuraola. But 9 months, no child you still day go up and down? What is your first job in a sonless Yoruba King’s Palace? Abeg you no know your job. The only thing that can pacify this Ooni is a child quick, quick, preferably a son. Then keep pumping out more kids.. Nothing else will do. & Daisy Danjuma probably forgot to send the bank transfer for the financial assistance she implied with the hook up she transacted…Everyone let go and let God….That’s always the best way…

• Nationalsquirrel

September 4, 2017 at 3:02 am

Aunty Daisy the matchmaker to the stars!
      Olu of warri son and billionaire okunbo daughter
      Olori and ooni of ife
      And the latest – Agbani Darego and the son of danjuma.

Aunty. E kare oooooooooo

40. Anonymous

September 5, 2017 at 3:26 am

Please can we stop referring to any Oba as imperial majesty? Imperialism is bad, google it and there is no title like imperial majesty in Nigeria as at the time I left 20 years ago. When did obas start to refer to themselves as “imperial majesty”. Na wa!

41. Esther Emmanuel

September 13, 2017 at 11:13 pm

Well said my beautiful queen.