News

“Checkmate” and “Violated” co-stars RMD and Ego Boyo reunite on new show “Mr X Family Show”

BellaNaija.com

"Checkmate" and "Violated" co-stars RMD and Ego Boyo together again on new show "Mr X Family Show" - BellaNaijaVeteran actor Richard Mofe-Damijo, popularly called RMD, has announced that he and actress Ego Boyo will again act alongside each other on his new show “Mr X Family Show.”

The actor made the announcement on his Instagram, where he showered praise on the actress.

The two were co-stars on the classic TV show “Checkmate,” and starred as a couple in the movie “Violated.

The actor shared a photo of the two of them with the caption:

My journey with Ego Boyo @officialegoboyo started nearly 30 years ago, our first encounter being on the production of CHECKMATE when my dear friend Amaka Igwe pulled me in as the villain Segun Kadiri on the highly coveted TV series.

Our status as Nigerian TV sweethearts rose with the movie VIOLATED as ‘Tega’ and ‘Peggy’ became the toast of Violated fans. Since then Ego has gone ahead to becoming wife, mother, accomplished business woman and the president of International Women’s Society.

Over 25 years later Tega and Peggy are back together again on my new TV “DramCom” The Mr X Family Show.

Ego and I are pretty excited about this and hope the excitement catches on. We are curious to see how many people or if anyone can correctly guess what we’re back together as… Mr and Mrs? Secret Lovers? Siblings? Colleagues?…
Somebody?! Anybody?! Let the guessing game begin. [email protected]

See the post below:

View this post on Instagram

My journey with Ego Boyo @officialegoboyo started nearly 30 years ago, our first encounter being on the production of CHECKMATE when my dear friend Amaka Igwe pulled me in as the villain Segun Kadiri on the highly coveted TV series. One of the most remarkable things about Ego is that despite the fact that she is born with a silver spoon into the family of the highly respected late Justice Nnamani she was super disciplined (she still is), very humble and extremely committed. Our status as Nigerian TV sweethearts rose with the movie VIOLATED as 'Tega' and 'Peggy' became the toast of Violated fans. Since then Ego has gone ahead to becoming wife, mother, accomplished business woman and the president of International Women's Society. Over 25 years later Tega and Peggy are back together again on my new TV "DramCom" The Mr X Family Show. I can only hope that getting back together again on TV will tickle fans of Ann Hathrope and Segun Kadiri and the fans of Tega and Peggy who have been craving to have them grace their TV screens again. Ego and I are pretty excited about this and hope the excitement catches on. We are curious to see how many people or if anyone can correctly guess what we're back together as… Mr and Mrs? Secret Lovers? Siblings? Colleagues?… Somebody?! Anybody?! Let the guessing game begin. [email protected]

A post shared by Richard Mofe-Damijo RMD (@mofedamijo) on

Photo Credit: mofedamijo

1. Physio Tinu

September 18, 2017 at 10:05 pm

Gosh, this brought a huge smile to my face. Wow, the chemistry between these two!!! Damn you can still see it in this single image. Amaka Igwe casted them right.
    And for those who don’t know what the fuss is about better kneel down and greet me next time you see me. Hahahaha 1980’s pikin.

2. Eagleeye

September 18, 2017 at 11:05 pm

I cannot wait!!!! Violated is one of Nigeria’s best movies ever made

3. Sade Twyse

September 18, 2017 at 11:12 pm

The chemistry between them is still there. Choi ???. I swear back then I thot these 2 were going to get marrried o…

4. bee

September 18, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Can’t wait a hope Mr X won’t be airing only on afmagic showcase ooo . Let it also be aired on afmagic urban n Co. Rok, Eltv too

5. fume

September 19, 2017 at 4:02 am

Loved these two together, still do

6. Ewa Ali

September 19, 2017 at 4:23 am

He violated me! He raped me!!
    Whatever you do make it accessible to people in diaspora, pls look for Ameze Amariegbe, she was also very good to join the cast.

• mz_danielz

September 19, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Asin eh, Amaeze of life. Richard, Ego and Amaeze will be the bomb.

Can we also have Alex Usifo? The 80’s babies are begging

7. I'mJustSayn'

September 19, 2017 at 8:56 am

Nice!! Hey BN pleaaaaassseee can you show us this movie next time you post a movie?

• I'mJustSayn'

September 19, 2017 at 8:57 am

I meant the movie Violated

8. I miss those days

September 19, 2017 at 9:48 am

Thursdays 8pm – I actually still remember the time Checkmate was showing, it was a must-not-miss every week.

• Lilo

September 19, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Yes o. Thursday night at 8pm. The only time my dad allowed us to stay up late on a school night. Ann Haatrope. Ego Nnamani then. Her wardrobe was to die for. And segun kadiri Richard mofe damijo. These two ehn? Swooon all over again. All they need to do is Checkmate the movie and watch the box offices shut down. I have been saying this for years. checkmate the movie is all we need

9. grand duchess

September 19, 2017 at 11:16 am

10. Fictionaddictbooks.blogspot.com.ng

September 19, 2017 at 12:52 pm

I can’t wait to see the sweethearts of Nigerian tv soap and movies of the 90’s again together on screen. It’s been sooooo long.

11. Lilo