The Cancer-Free City Foundation holds a press conference today Thursday, January 18th to announce the Cancer-Free-City Initiative, an innovative plan to save Nigerians from the death grip of cancer. A social enterprise, the Cancer-free-city Foundation seeks to bring solutions to the cancer problem facing Nigeria and her people. At the press conference, Visioner of Cancer-Free- City, Samuel Jegede, will expatiate on the plan to build a Comprehensive Cancer Treatment Centre, where treatment will be free to Nigerians – Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy and Surgery.
According to him, “this daunting, yet doable project will cost N240 billion . We intend to raise this money via crowdfunding. We can achieve our goal if 5 million patriotic Nigerians donate 2,000 Naira monthly for 24 months. Cancer-Free City will have all her specialists fully resident and will build support facilities to cater to them and their families” he shares.
“We require the full support and partnership of the media and everyone, as this can only be achieved if everyone resolves in their hearts to be a part of this solution. If the media keeps sharing stories on this and each one of us makes a decision to donate 2000 Naira monthly for 24 months, we will achieve our goal. So we want people to give and tell others to give. We believe Nigerians who have the possibility mentality will rise up to the occasion” – Jedged adds.
Details of the Press Conference:
Date: Thursday, January 18th, 2018.
Time: 10:30 am.
Venue: Best Western Hotel, Joel Ogunaike, G.R.A Ikeja, Lagos.
Guests and volunteer partners expected at the Press Conference include:
- Prof Oke – The C.M.D of L.A.S.U.T.H
- Dr Popoola, Renowned Clinical Oncologist
- Dr Funsho Oladipo, The C.M.D R-Jolad Hospitals
- Lanre Olusola, The Catalyst
- Olakunle Sorinyan, The Olakunle Soriyan Company
- Olumide Ayodele, Studio Stoone
- Babasola Alokolaro, The New Practice
- Emeka Mba, Chief strategist and V.P – Cancer-Free City Foundation
- Dr Doyin Olaniyan, C.M.O Cancer-Free City Foundation
- Ajoke Emekene, H.R – Cancer-Free City Foundation
- Eleshin Bunmi, C.O.O – Cancer-Free City Foundation
- Gideon Oghene, Treasurer – Cancer-Free City Foundation
- Trever Bendega, Marketing and communication – Cancer-Free City Foundation