News

Metuh appears before Court on a Stretcher

Olisa Metuh, former National Publicity Secretary of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), appeared before the Abuja Federal High Court on Monday on a stretcher, Punch reports.

Metuh, who is in court over charges of corruption, arrived the court wrapped in a stretcher.

The judge overseeing the trial, Justice Okon Abang, adjourned the case until March 14, 2018, as a result of his condition.

He was reportedly ferried to the hospital after the adjournment of the trial by an ambulance waiting in the court premises.

He is in trial over the sum of ₦400 million he allegedly received from the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.

See photos below:

Metuh appears before Court on a Stretcher - BellaNaija Photo Credit: Punch

1. Temi Tope

February 5, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Hehe!! wonders shall never end in Naija.. so the people who are in leadership positions… embezzling money, cheating, lying to us.. teaching the young generation that all is ok.. no wonder Nigerians are considered crooks overseas.. Oh Baba God.. save us from hell. Look at our nation.. how much suffering there is… people don’t have nothing .. not even three meals a day.. and others who are supposed to fight for us.. stealing big men.. all coming from dirt poor background.. politics being the best garage stop to steal… NO WONDER TRUMP CALLS US : S—HOLE COUNTRIES.. and that he is right…

Not long ago, my husband who happens to be a n Engineer was posted in the ISLANDS OF FIJI FOR 3 YEAR PROJECT.. AS A BLACK woman i went to the local bank to open an account : THE FIRST THING I WAS ASKED WAS: ARE YOU NIGERIAN.. I WAS SO ASHAMED.. INDEED I AM NIGERIAN..I FELT LIKE LEAVING THE BANK AND KEEP MY MONEY . I FINALLY DECIDED TO JOIN ACCOUNT WITH MY HUBBY WHICH WAS NOT MY FIRST INTENTION.. I ALWAYS WANT TO HAVE A SEPARATE ACCOUNT EVEN IF WE SHARE ONE IN THE U.K

THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF HOW WE ARE LOOKED UPON OVERSEAS.. AND IT BLEEDS MY HEART.. PEOPLE LIKE THIS FOOL OF METUTH ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE PEOPLE THINK BAD OF NIGERIANS.. AND INDEED INNOCENT OSEGHALE OF ITALY WHO RECENTLY CHOPPED AN ITALIAN GAL AND PUT HER CHOPPED BODY IN A SUITCASE TO DISPOSE OF IT.. SO NOW ALL AFRICANS ARE CANIBAL. SO HURTFUL.. BUT, HEY.. THAT DOES NOT TAKE MY PRIDE OF BEING NIGERIAN.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

February 5, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Temi Tope, these your caps are confuzzling, to say the least.

How does someone asking you whether you’re Nigerian lead to such shame, biko? Did they refuse to open the account? Or did they say their bank was robbed by a Nigerian bandit?

Sisterly, I’m seriously confused about your reaction.

Anytime I get asked, I answer with a very vocal “Yes”. Yelz, ke – say it loud and say it proud. Particularly since almost all the Nigerians I know (note the word “know” means having a personal relationship with same) are hardworking, smart, driven, upwardly mobile, sassy, confident and generally likeable beings. Neither I nor they have ever crafted a yahoo-yahoo letter so why shallst I carry the unnecessary burden of shame?

Maybe I’ll rethink my position when the average Caucasian (for instance) starts to blush beetroot red from the severe mortification of having all those neo-Nazis, far right extremists and KKK members in their midst. Until then? Say it loud and say it proud! Omo Naija!

2. nene+

February 5, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Why does this man’s case stand out?
    If all the corrupt government official are tried in this manner not a soul would raise an eye brow but THIS IS NOT SO.
    I pray for a Nigeria where all men are equal.
    Dear South East APC leaders behold thy son……………..Babachir Lawal was merely invited to EFCC after the uproar of Nigerians.

3. Udegbunam Chukwudi