BN TV

“Should Fathers Be Allowed To Bathe Their Daughters?” Watch Lolo Talks’ New Vlog on BN

Part of the trending topics in Nigerian social media this week was a video of a tv host saying even though she trusts her husband, she wouldn’t allow him bathe their daughter because there’s immorality and perversion “in the air”.

Vlogger Lolo Talks has shared her thoughts on the issue in a new video on her TouTube channel. She wrote:

With the news overflowing of stories of fathers sexually abusing their daughters, many women now believe it’s best to prevent any situation that might give room for abuse including refusing for fathers to bathe their daughters; in a bid to teach their daughters not to be comfortable with male touch.

Watch:

1. Daniel’s mom

December 8, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Why not? My husband bathes our 5 years old. But wait, it depends. If you know that your husband has disgusting tendencies – do the needful. And trust your guts, be very vigilant to subtle cues. Some women are actually gullible/or maybe they love to deceive themselves. Nevertheless, do not neglect your duties – protect your child if you know that your husband has a public snake.

• Nky

December 9, 2018 at 2:59 pm

If your husband has disgusting tendencies then you should take your children away from that situation and stop procreating with him. A child who is not safe alone with either of his or her parent should be taken away.

• Sakura

December 10, 2018 at 8:08 am

I wish I could like your comment 1000×

2. Tunde

December 8, 2018 at 11:43 pm

… but the mother’s can bathe the male child? Are we neglecting the fact that boys are also sexually abused too? We neglect this fact for too long…..start over.

• Jennietobbie

December 9, 2018 at 5:25 am

Tunde, speak this truth ?

• dhoney

December 11, 2018 at 12:06 am

…the madness that is going on these days is just incredible. I have 3 daughters and I have been taken care of them since birth. Ofcourse , when they get to certain age, like 6-7yrs, you allow them to start taking care of little things like taking care of their hygiene with supervision.. If I were to be the husband of tha crazy woman, I am not sure if I will be comfortable with such a lousy woman in the same house except ofcourse if she knows the husband as a pedophile…!

3. Mo

December 9, 2018 at 7:44 am

What is it with bathing,daughters and fathers? If you find yourself with an irresponsible man, without being told, do the needful and take control of your life.
    So it is ok for women to bath sons and not the other way round. This “overthinking” and assumptions can ruin relationship. Some men are animals and some women are too ! I escaped being raped by trusted and close church brethren!!! Very lucky, and God’s Grace. So I made up my mind NEVER to allow anyone near my daughters. Thank God I am not in Nigeria, so it is easier. But my girls are so close to their daddy. In fact the older daughter sometimes discusses her period with him. ,gives him lists of her personal needs to get from the store which he does for me too. That is how comfortable they are together. . I hope women can be more vigilant about their family.

4. Mama

December 9, 2018 at 10:16 am

What is the meaning of “be allowed”? Who allows who? Is it not his child again? I believe that the first place a girl child should learn what real and healthy love from a male figure looks like is from her father. So, yes, fathers are “allowed” to bath their kids, male or female unless you have reasons to suspect otherwise.. In which case, preventing him from bathing them would just be treating the symptom and not a cure. If you don’t trust your husband with your daughter then maybe it is a sign that your marriage isn’t healthy and you shouldn’t be there because if the Dad is pedophile, it would only be a matter of time. You cannot be with your child 24/7. Instead of talking about bathing or not bathing, LEAVE for your child’s sake! I personally would encourage as much closeness and relationship between my kids and their father. I love when Dads are hands-on and close to their kids.

5. xqsyou

December 9, 2018 at 10:19 am

@Tunde Its not a stereotype or bias. Statistics show women/mothers are much less likely to do this. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen but in most instances, men/fathers are the culprits, hence the emphasis on men.
    However, I understand your point though.

6. Bowl

December 9, 2018 at 11:50 am

It’s quite an age to be alive !

7. Bowl

December 9, 2018 at 11:55 am

@Tunde, male children are more likely to be molested by other female relatives than their mothers. Of course , I know there are women who molest their male children but they are in the minority compared to men who abuse their daughters sexually !

8. Kwame Canada

December 9, 2018 at 3:41 pm

Yes and No! Hence, it should be both ways, As for me, I have two beautiful girls and throughout the day they were born, I have had the privilege to take care of them by giving them baths and cooking for them. I did that until they were 5years old. Today, both of them are in the higher institution of learning.
    I still cook for them, and sometimes when I arrived from work and I’m in need of a bathroom, I accidentally found my self in a situation, but the response was: Dad, you mean no harm! Why? because they have total “TRUST” in me! I am their best confidant and boyfriend. They will tell me everything they think I should know. Not only that, but they will ask questions about everything. As of today, they have not yet seen a man nakedness!
    Both of them are in the medical institutions so, in reality, they have seen a man’s nakedness. So yes, men can bathe their little girls if they are real men!

• Ajibade Olufunke

December 11, 2018 at 1:57 pm

Yes, i love this. My dad took care of me from baby when my mother left, I stays with my too siblings and i am the only girl, No molestation, Nothing. I wonder what is going on this days. Am now married. My daddy is the first person that i rushed to when i first saw my menstrual circle at the age of 17+ . He took me to a female doctor to explain are the necessary details i need to know. May his soul continue to rest in perfect peace. Great daddy.

9. Dere

December 9, 2018 at 7:46 pm

I think kids should be taught how to wash their vaginas,so from about the age of 2, I start teaching my daughter’s how to clean their vagina as they bathe and not to allow anyone touch them there,not even the nanny at school. As they grow older,they even refuse me cleaning for them when I bath them. Daddy’s can bath their kids but don’t touch their vagina.

10. Akpeno

December 10, 2018 at 5:51 pm

If you are a spouse who is suspicious that they are married to a pedophile, then please discuss that instead of phrasing the topic this way…

This is sickening!

If you are married to a pedophile then LEAVE! But don’t lump people in healthy marriages/families with the sickening thing going on in your marriage or family.

Children are different… some children are dexterous and begin to control their motor functions at a very young age.. others cannot… you bathe your child until you are confident they can handle bathing themselves correctly!

In a healthy home the only thing that should come up is the child’s ability to bathe themselves properly and not if the parent will molest them!!!
    Gosh!

11. Funke

December 11, 2018 at 2:44 pm

I wonder what is going on this days, It is a pity and I still find it difficult to believe how possible will it be for a man, i mean father to molest there daughter, My daddy is my hero, he took care of me and my brothers, I was just 6 years when my mother left and my daddy took over as mother and father, he never took advantage of me, even my brothers. Never. My daddy was the first person i rushed to when i first see my menstrual circle @ 17+.because i did not really understand the aspect of reproductive system in biology , i see it as a normal course in school and been the only girl,nobody to explain anything of such to me until i saw my circle, My daddy always believe am still small and with time i will understand. He took me to female doctor to explain necessary details for me when he noticed that i did not know what was going on and so afraid after seeing the circle. May his soul continue to rest in peace. If you marry a man of dignity, a well reserved , responsible husband with fear of God, I don’t think there is anything wrong in father bathing there daughter, My grandfather still bath me at the age of 14th when i was sick and i could not do anything myself. Thank God am married to a man like my father not a woe.