TOSAN JEMIDE – THE CAKE MASTER

Hello!!! So how was your weekend? Mine wasn’t bad…I didn’t get up to too much but seriously…I am becoming so boring these days…anyway, that’s another story! By the way, Happy Birthday to my sweetie, Ak. J whose birthday was yesterday (Sept 11)….MUAH! Luv ya!
Well, I’m trying something a lil’ different this week so here goes…

I just luv and admire people who throw caution to the wind and pursue their passions…It inspires me soo much!
Tosan Jemide is Nigeria’s foremost cakemaker, sugarcrafter and confectioner. His cakes are considered masterpieces not only because they taste good, but they also look SPECTACULAR!
He is married to Dionne who works with him, writes articles for magazines and has a background in guidance counselling.
In addition to his cakemaking business, Tosan owns a restaurant/cafe (Le Saison) and a Training School. He also dedicates generous time and resources to youth charities.
I won’t say too much……take a look at the pictures of his cakes……

thanks to an anonymous commenter on naijagal’s blog for the website hookup!
And click on the pictures below to read a recent interview…

I really admire him. I’m sure when he was younger and told his friends he wanted become a baker…they must have laughed at him…knowing some people, they might have shaken heir heads and said ‘it must be ‘spiritual’…lol…u know African elders now…don’t pretend…lol…but look at him now!
What do u think about the cakes?
What’s your passion? Do u think u could ever make a living from it?
Let us know!

Have a blessed week!

25 Comments on TOSAN JEMIDE – THE CAKE MASTER
  • Dammie September 12, 2006 at 5:23 am

Weeeeeeeeeee!

Awwwwwwwwww, he is very creative and obviously talented!!!

I believe you can make a living from anything you have passion in, because that’s what drives you!!….

• Anonymous September 12, 2006 at 5:44 am

Cool…I’m the anonymous commenter from Naijagal. Thanks for the credit. Tosan made my sister’s wedding cake, that’s how I heard of him, but I have to say I got the website addy from naijaryders.

I’m in loff with your site. I visit everyday. Keep up the goodwork! :)

• Ehi September 12, 2006 at 6:10 am

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! I am blown away by his creativity…..very nice!

• Adaure September 12, 2006 at 6:46 am

I take it you didn’t see the link on one of my weddings’ posts. Damn I better get over this hiatus before there’ll be nothing else weddingy to talk about…lol

• LondonBuki September 12, 2006 at 1:02 pm

The cakes are really nice looking and they look yummy.

Trusting wedding cakes, they are normally not the best tasting though. Too much flavour.

I like what Ehi above said: Someone once said this to me “Your Education will get you through a door but your talent (passion) will keep you in there”. In a nutshell, pursue your passion with all you’ve got.

Well said.

• naijagal September 12, 2006 at 1:26 pm

love it love girl! Tosan is cool! lol

• Icy September 12, 2006 at 2:42 pm

Totally impressive. hmm I want some o.. We need to learn to encourage talent cuzz frankly African parents need to understand NOT EVERYONE CAN BE A DOCTOR I MEAN FOR REAL lol!

• Onada September 12, 2006 at 4:26 pm

i always wondered who made those cakes!! they are great!!!

• Chi September 12, 2006 at 4:48 pm

I love his cakes……although not very tasty and very expensive, it just looks great on display….he made my wedding cake and it was all the buzz.

• ABBEY September 12, 2006 at 5:31 pm

the cakes look darn good. but quick questions, are those dolls on them edible?

On the dream thing, its easy to say follow your passion blah, blah, blah but I believe you need a back up plan and that’s where school comes in. When you have a secure 9-5 then you can gradually build your dream and if it gets to where you want then quit your job.

There are probably many Tosan’s out there that never made it and they probably had passion too…

• Biodun September 12, 2006 at 6:00 pm

Men now I want cake :( the brotha knows his stuff, I wish the cake could be real now, men let me go n eat b4 I start yanning rubbish great post girl!

• Anna September 13, 2006 at 1:46 am

Cake No.4 is my future Home!!!!!

I am not a cake person at all but i must say his work is aesthetically appealling. it makes me wanna remove my ban on cakes.

I guess there are the likes of him on our continent. the only reason we might not hear about them is the fact that many lack the P word!

• Mona September 13, 2006 at 9:00 am

mmm very nice….the guy is not bad looking either

• zaiprincesa September 13, 2006 at 4:33 pm

WOT A BLOKE!!!…lol…the cakes r cute 2….:)

• Maurine September 17, 2006 at 4:15 am

Makes me hungy.

But really, I’m glad to see us (Naijas) doing great thangs.

But why does one groom have a Chinaman (Lebanese?) face? LOL ~ it’s all good.

• shade September 22, 2006 at 9:08 pm

those are so beautiful..im so happy to see a naija chef/baker thats doing big things.
    he just inspired me even more to work harder and become the best chef i can be.
    i know when he was younger people use to try and put him down like they do to me but like he made it imma make it by the grace of GOD.

• tosan abbey May 20, 2007 at 8:59 am

im so so so impressed.. d sky is d limit if u put ur heart at doing anything. God bless u tosan

• IJ December 7, 2007 at 6:42 pm

wow! wow! wooooooow!
    Tosan your cakes shld be preserved in a museum ‘n’ not be eaten. Where’s your training school? I wanna learn.

• alhaji January 23, 2008 at 2:12 am

Very Impressive and Inspiring, can’t wait to check him out…

Guys, feel free to check out my blogg

babapupaeko@gmail.com

• Anonymous February 14, 2008 at 11:49 am

Tosan Jemide is gifted.

• Dee Dee January 17, 2009 at 7:21 am

His cake is so ridonculously good… just a slice was worth 1,500 naira last I checked… some 6 years ago…. figure the inflation in and know that it is worth it.

• Dee Dee January 17, 2009 at 7:22 am

He created a beautiful cake with my friend sitting on a bed in her room… needless to say it looked even better than her room…

• Saint January 12, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Whats the address of his training school, won’t mind doing some courses there? does any one have an idea???? thanks

• paul September 7, 2011 at 6:32 pm

u are real a genius man,,,keep the hard work going.

• Janet Abia March 18, 2013 at 11:19 am