New Video: Waje – Kolo

Waje - KoloLast week, we introduced Waje – the new female music artiste gaining buzz in the Nigerian music industry. We promised to feature her new video and now its here!

Waje – Kolo

Waje – Kolo from NJO on Vimeo.

11 Comments on New Video: Waje – Kolo
  • FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere September 22, 2009 at 4:00 pm

i guess the girl is trying for herself sa..not my own cup of tea…to me, she sounds like any American girl singing a party song…the song doesnt stand out to me, apart from saying “kolo” i wouldn’t have known it was a naija song and its hard for me to sift thru the clutter of songs like this! of course it is all my opinion..more grease to your elbow waje

• THE AMAKA September 23, 2009 at 6:44 am

i agree.
    more naija artist are losing their touch with the naija vibe of music and trying to be TOO americanized.
    like i love naija music with a naija twist on it, cause thats what makes it stand out.
    it seems like some naija artist are trying WAY too hard to be like yankee.
    i mean come on, where is the originality?

*im expecting more BN trolls to come*
    but its just my opinion though. lol

• Raymon September 23, 2009 at 12:14 pm

That’s wat i call hitin d nail on d head

• silva September 23, 2009 at 10:44 pm

@ FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere, soo true, dats wat i felt wen i 1st heard d song….ntn 2 special or original about it….

• ferrari September 25, 2009 at 1:00 am

nothing special here, if anything its a tad annoying.

• lara October 2, 2009 at 5:08 pm

its pple like you guys that don’t appreciate a good effort,not like i care but for you to compare her to an international act means that she is too bad and stop lying to yourself she isn’t,i can comfortably say she made the do me song with p square and now with her own she is making herself a brand and soon una go talk say chei i know say na so e go be the girl good oh…….

• bobby October 2, 2009 at 5:17 pm

you re so right lara

• bobby October 2, 2009 at 5:19 pm

thats so true lara i like waje and i think she is good so all you player haters STOP

• ferrari October 2, 2009 at 10:33 pm

i gotta confess, i cant get the song out of my head, i’ve been humming it all day, even my toddler is dancing to it.

• mellowyel October 8, 2009 at 4:41 am

I like Waje because she was amazing on “Do Me”. I wish she had kept with that style of music as opposed to this generic electropop that’s destroying the airwaves these days. But her singing is good, and it’s a good party song. Not original, agreed, but she’s trying at least. I just hope her whole album doesn’t sound like this.

• jenny October 6, 2011 at 7:57 pm