House of Tara introduces “The Jubilee Collection” inspired by Ty Bello

Nigerian makeup brand and training company, House of Tara has launched an interesting campaign and series of collaborations for their new line of makeup – The Jubilee Collection. In line with the company’s values which focus on empowering young women. In 2011, House of Tara will be collaborating with “successful Nigerian women from different walks of life and industries as spokepeople for the brand. Using the product line as a platform; it chooses to celebrate successful Nigerian women who strike a chord with the brand by who they are, what they stand for and what their personal brands represent.

The first collaborative collection is in celebration of renowned female photographer/musician Ty Bello. By working closely with her over the years, House of Tara has been privy to her makeup preferences. According to the brand, this collection is a reflection of Ty’s favourite colors. The launch of the collection ties into the release of Ty Bello’s new single, “The Future” (The song premiered exclusively on BellaNaija.com – Click HERE to listen). The message of the song is a reflection of what the brand is and also reiterates the brand’s belief that great things and people can emanate from Nigeria. Tara Fela-Durotoye the Creative Director for House of Tara says “It only seemed perfect to collaborate with her on this national project. The ‘Future’ is a Nigerian song,its a National song. It’s a call to all that is positive about us.

Bronzer, Mascara and Lipstick for the Ty Bello Jubilee Collection for TARA

This Limited Edition collection will be available in stores from March 15 to May 15 2011, the collection consists of three  striking products: a fibre fuse mascara, nude lipstick and the bronzer which is a perfect blend of lightweight pigments that enhances the cheekbones and creates a glow in a most natural way. The House of Tara /Ty Bello Jubilee Collection is presented in a picture-embossed box along with a copy of “The Future”, Ty Bello’s new single while stocks last.

46 Comments on House of Tara introduces “The Jubilee Collection” inspired by Ty Bello
  • SeunD March 15, 2011 at 2:34 pm

aww that’s so cute, celebrity branding au naturelle look!!

• Gosh! March 15, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Nice venture.. But why is it so difficult for us to include price(s) ?

• Lady Gaga/French Niara March 15, 2011 at 2:52 pm

hmmm im next

• Anya March 15, 2011 at 2:56 pm

A very natural look for a naturally beautiful lady!! I love that shade of lipstick, it’s nude, it’s kissable, it’s sexy!

• Tiki March 15, 2011 at 3:04 pm

@Gosh…coz prices would scare the avearge nigerian away, maybe!
    I hope a lotta my fellow sisters adopt this look…it will be a well-deserved rest for my eyes from rainbow eyeshadow and bloodred blush!

• Yeoal March 15, 2011 at 3:11 pm

It is always nice when two or more successful women from different fields work together cos d truth is that if we do not help each other, we won’t be taken seriously by others. Nice one.

• q March 15, 2011 at 3:37 pm

SCAM!!None of those products can achieve that look.Most especially the bronzer,it has too much of shimmer in it & she has lash extensions on .Take it from a seasoned & well-informed MUA!!

But truth be told,its a nice innovation!!

• aosgrl March 15, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Right! You’re post totally invalidates your supposed experience as an MUA. I don’t understand your point about the shimmer in the bronzer as it is quite clear that the look in the photo is not a matte look. Hopefully anyone who goes into the store can try out the products and see if it works for what they need.

No i don’t know house of TARA and I’m not a representative etc etc. I just hate when people feel like they’ve dropped supposed knowledge and they have not.

• Olomu come and do March 15, 2011 at 10:38 pm

@q, really??? So that makes it a SCAM??? Well informed Ko misinformed ni. If you’re that well informed you’ll know that ALL makeup companies exaggerate techniques on their models for media purposes simply because TV or photography diminishes the intensity of products applied. That is not to say you cannot achieve the same with said products. And there’s is shimmer and matte bronzers, I would expect a seasoned Mua to know that a little application goes a long way. I respect Tara a lot as a Mua and feel her efforts and exemplary life is worth emulating.

• cathy March 15, 2011 at 3:54 pm

luvd the look

• Gosh! March 15, 2011 at 4:19 pm

@Tiki, i guessed as much but why should it scare us away? How much are we looking at? If that package up there is more than N8k,then something is wrong somewhere…..

• Stella March 16, 2011 at 3:41 pm

House of Tara is one of the more “affordable” brands. Unless she has drastically changed her pricing, you should get all the products above for 8k or even less.

• meeee March 17, 2011 at 8:30 am

8k ke? That’s too pricey na! It all shouldn’t cost more than 4k. Thought they were all proudly Nigerian.

• q March 15, 2011 at 4:29 pm

@ aosgrl,pele tie o!!

• Iya2 March 15, 2011 at 6:14 pm

This girls hair!!!!
    OMG ….. Is she 100% Naija?

• THE AMAKA March 16, 2011 at 1:51 am

Nigerians….smh. what is the obsession with her hair? why not love your kinky hair the way it is, instead of doubting her nigerian-ness.

• justsaying March 17, 2011 at 12:02 am

My dear, its inferiority complex that a disturbing large number of Nigerians suffer from. They obsess about soft hair and light skin in a way that will make you think they grew up in a predominately white society or something. Their mindset is just terrible! I wonder where they got it from.

• aosgrl March 16, 2011 at 4:35 am

LOL Go natural and find out nah. 100% black women can have have hair the same texture and length as Ty Bello. Over the years as a fellow natural sister myself with the same hair texture, I’ve run into quite a few Nigeria ladies with Fotki picture albums and blogs with the same texture and length.

Its looks nice but its not always easy to maintain. Needs a lot of moisture and tangles easily. I personally have navigated towards using all natural products. The trader joe’s Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner (For US residents) works wonders for de-tangling my hair and moisturizing it.

Now i’m not by any means saying all black women have this type of hair. My sister and I are from the same family and yet she has grade A Koko natural hair.

• THE AMAKA March 17, 2011 at 2:00 am

you are saying no 100% black woman can have hair of that same texture AND LENGTH? excuse me, but anyone can grow their hair long if they take care of it and use the right products. its hard for us black people to get good products when they are made with all sorts of artificial chemicals and often times not made black black people at all! so its harder for us to maintain our hair especially with faulty products out there.
        secondly….hair length has nothing to do with admixture or not. my hair goes a little passed my shoulders and my sis’ hair is thicker and goes halfway down her back. and we are 100% BLACK. we Nigerians seriously need to stop this mentality and LOVE OURSELVES! no wonder i’ve seen some people go “ooooh and ahhhh” over average Fulani. we seriously need to LOVE OURSELVES. all this “she can’t be 100% naija” is really SAD!!!

• myHairmyBeauty March 17, 2011 at 9:12 am

You KNOW alot about Natural hair, which is awesome, would love to have you write something or checkout our blog, http://www.myHairmyBeauty.wordpress.com

• Ready March 15, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Can someone on BN.com do an interview with Ty Bello? I need (well..maybe not need) to know her hair regimen and the products she uses for her hair type. And does she get them in Nigeria?

• Dami March 16, 2011 at 12:26 am

please yes! you guys need to interview Ty Bello! ask what she does with her hair. Is she planning to release an album or is the future a one off single? Will she adopt me?..lol

• busola March 16, 2011 at 12:39 am

lol dami….she has to adopt me first coz I love this woman to bits…TY ROCKS!

• Yhello March 16, 2011 at 12:46 am

At least Tara came up with her own name “Jubilee Collection” instead of fapping Loreal’s name

• POSSIBILITIES March 16, 2011 at 1:10 am

jubilee collection what happen with the choice of african names like orekelewa…TY IS THE BEST FOR TARA’S COLLECTION OF FEMALE AMBASSADOR

• THE AMAKA March 16, 2011 at 1:48 am

wonderful! i’ve never been impressed with Tara when she “markets” her own brand, so it woulld be great to see TY Bello looking fabulous! might change my mind about the product. would love to see a special photo shoot of TY Bello for her line.

• Lady Washington April 4, 2011 at 4:03 am

you hit the nail on the head for me….my only “beef” with her! Always marketing her own brand say 90% of the time….#idislike.com

• Dazzle March 16, 2011 at 9:59 am

@q, ty bello’s lashes FYI are real! I know that for a fact, cos we where roommates.
    @ THE AMAKA ………. her hair is extremely kinky you should touch it!

@q …………… HATERRRRRRRRRRR

• kopashun March 16, 2011 at 2:39 pm

TY is a wonderful woman both in an out… plus she is so beautiful. thot she had on one of those human hair , if this is her hair then wow!

• October Girl March 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I am so proud of my Nigerian women doing big things. I do believe thats Ty’s hair. My little girl has much curlier hair than this and her father and I are full blown naijas with coarse hair.

• myHairmyBeauty March 17, 2011 at 10:08 am

I LOVEEEEE ALL OF THIS!!! WHERE CAN I GET HOUSE OF TARA?

• I-Rock! March 18, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Please you all get real! This is not Ty’s hair. She uses Curly hair extensions. If you look closely at the photo you will notice the curls at the front are very different from the full hair. but its a good weave as its achieved what its meant to- decieve you all!!! I just need her hair dressers number please…

• Lady Washington April 4, 2011 at 4:07 am

….i dunno if this is all her hair but your point isnt valid…the longer natural hair grows, the curl pattern tends to change at different areas on the head so it is very possible to have different curl patterns on the same head..like i said, not saying you are wrong about her hair, just saying the arguement you used to justify your opinion isn’t valid :)

• Teem March 19, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Jubilee collection is tied to Nigerian,s 50years celebration(jubilee).the creator ofbthe brand has a strong personal brand that pple are attracted to,so why not use her own face.the entire range is less than 8k.with the single cd included.about 7k.the embossed box is world class

• Sisi Yemmie March 20, 2011 at 3:02 am

ive always loved TY BELLO….i like the collabo with HOT!

• Zuri Perle March 21, 2011 at 12:32 am

I love Tara and appreciate any initiative by a black woman for black women. She might not get it right all the time but give her kudos for doing it.

• aosgrl March 21, 2011 at 5:11 pm

THe Amaka, you misread my first line and didn’t read through my post. I said yes women who are fully black CAN have hair just like Ty Bello. I do too and I’m full black.

• O March 22, 2011 at 11:24 am

At I rock….since u know sook much! You shod also know that she makes her hair herself! After disdainfully telling every1 how she has deceived ether u shod know that!! *smh*

• baby March 27, 2011 at 7:58 pm

firstly, thats not TY’s hair and secondly those are so not her lashes. The brows are definately hers and the “future” is a single off her coming album. you can get Tara products from as low as 500. i recommend “osenken, arewa, koko lip gloss, queen amina 12 color palette”. visit for ur eyebrow threading, waxing and tweezing. you will thank me later.

• baby March 27, 2011 at 8:15 pm

also please get it straight its not a “bronzer” but a “blusher” please! also the mascara is fibre fusion-the latest mascara technology. definately worth your every penny. Also lets try to appreciate what we have here that is proudly naija. FYI these products are made in the US for the TARA brand which is nigerian so stop looking down on Tara products. i know how many of you that bought a “mac” 12 color palette just cos it had mac on it. fake!!!

• meeee March 29, 2011 at 11:43 am

The makeup is soooooo not made in the US hon, trust me I know

• akebebe March 28, 2011 at 11:11 am

i think the makeup is cool,tara has some good stuff, tho i really cant see it on her face

• aisha March 31, 2011 at 12:41 pm

plsssssssssssssssssss where can i get this????????? ive asked all over, no store seems to have it!*crying blood*

• omosewa March 31, 2011 at 6:07 pm

The T.Y Bello collection is a limited edition and has not yet been launched, it will be launched on the 17th of April 2011 at plot 13a, Road 12, Off Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, by 2pm.

• aisha April 1, 2011 at 10:14 am

thanxx Omosewa!!!

• June girl April 1, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Guys, guys, guys…1. That isnt TY’s hair…she leaves hers in front and fixes Afro in ‘Sleek’ in the middle 2.Lets just love on Tara and celebrate her…the babe don tooooo try…plus her office is on Oko-Awo in VI so get a trial n make up your own minds…***SMH