Leila Djansi‘s new movie “Ties That Bind” recently wrapped filming in Ghana. The movie is a moving tale centered around the lives of 3 women who find themselves in a remote village.

Adobea, Buki and Theresa are three women from different walks of life bound together by a similar pain; the loss of a child. In a destined meeting in a small village in Kroboland, the women journey together to redemption, love, life and forgiveness as they renovate a dilapidated clinic for the villagers.

It was speculated that African-American actress Nia Long was confirmed for one of the lead roles, this role eventually went to award-winning actress Kimberly Elise who has previously starred in movies including “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”. The stellar cast includes Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, John Dumelo, Ebbe Bassey and Ama K Abebrese.
Check out photos from the set of the movie and look out for “Ties That Bind” when it hits cinemas in a few months.

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Ebbe Bassey

Ama K Abebrese

Screen Shots

Source: Ties That Bind via Facebook

81 Comments on BN Bytes: On Set Photos & Official Poster for “Ties That Bind” starring Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Kimberly Elise, John Dumelo & Ama K Abebrese
  • Kilonsparkles May 11, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Ah who knew Omotola could look like this? Lol.

• buks May 11, 2011 at 4:18 pm

awwww i love kimberly elise…great actress!

• lisa May 11, 2011 at 8:42 pm

luv her too. i think she’s one of the best african-american actresses out there i feel she’s seriously underrated.

• fokasibe May 12, 2011 at 9:27 am

I concur!!!!

• goat May 11, 2011 at 4:18 pm

waiting patiently for is release!

• Tyna May 11, 2011 at 4:18 pm

d movie seem lik an interesting piece, omotola always doing her thing, she is one of d best for me n d Ghanaian ar nt doing bad either……… nice combinations of actors. would luv to watch it……………

• kenny May 11, 2011 at 4:18 pm

looks interesting…cant wait

• tee May 11, 2011 at 4:22 pm

excited, can’t wait to see this

• nabs May 11, 2011 at 4:27 pm

where are the people who have nothing good to say about leila djansi? where is that hater who goes about saying trash about leila djansi that she lies about the cast in her films? God always vindicates his own!
    I just LOVE Omotolas’ look. too amazing. this movie will revolutionize Nollywood. oscar here we come!! lol. at least NAACP.

• LJ May 11, 2011 at 5:04 pm

That statement was made in response to her saying that she was casting NIA LONG, nto Kimmy Elise. Besides, why can’t you appreciate the movie? Yours is the only comment spewing negativity around. people can’t just enjoy anything without starting drama. smh

• nabs May 11, 2011 at 5:34 pm

LJ, i did not appreciate the movie? did I not say oscars among others? please allow me to gloat and I have not spewed any negativity here. I simply spoke the truth. I did not see any PR where Leila Djansi said she was bringing Nia Long. What I did hear from a blogger Joy was that haters messed up the Nia deal. anyway… Kimberly is a respected actress! we love her toooo much.
        but LJ, the person said specifically that Leila lied about bringing kimberly and used kimberly to hype her movies. i believe this is where i say to that person. EAT DUST!!!! pictures don’t lie

• Miss ATL May 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I WANNA WATCH!

• lola May 11, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Can’t wait!

• indomie May 11, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Looks like omotola gained weight for the role! Cant wait :-)

• asabe May 11, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Dats what I taught too she luks big in d movie

• Blossom May 11, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Omotola can’t act to save her life.. This should be interesting :p

• Serene May 11, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Many things could be said about Omotola but not being able to act is NOT one of them, abeg you.

• partyrider May 11, 2011 at 7:48 pm

she CAN’T act to save her life? and it will be interesting?

• Marshal May 15, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Lolll!!! She is inconsistent in her acting more like. I hold my breath when I watch her for fear of distracting her. Lmao!!!

• El Bee May 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Ooohh EXCITED! Kimberly Elise is an AMAZING actress! So I KNOW this will be awesome. I’m really excited for Omotola :)
    Is there a trailer?

• partyrider May 11, 2011 at 5:52 pm

nice..nice..
    Omotola keep repping.

• akudo May 11, 2011 at 5:58 pm

cant wait to watch the movie

• uchechi May 11, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Looking forward to the release.

• Ginika May 11, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Can’t wait!!!

• Farouk Haruna May 11, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Luscious Leila and Amazing Ama K., what’s not to like? Can’t wait to see it.

• Okhae May 11, 2011 at 8:22 pm

So nice seeing Ebbe Bassey and Kimerly Elise working together. This will be spectacular!

• nich May 11, 2011 at 10:05 pm

i am afraid for nollywood……leila djansi wants one thing …….

• nich May 11, 2011 at 10:05 pm

the oscar……..

• sweetie May 12, 2011 at 12:04 am

OmoT baby, i trust you to deliver in this movie…and like serene rightly said many things can be said about omot but saying she cant act is just plain BS. She is one of the best period!

• Keshi May 12, 2011 at 12:48 am

omotola is the deepest and most inspiring actress of this generation…I’m glad for Leila and I’m looking forward to this movie…I think Omotola is that talent to watch…hmm…I see an Oscar…

• Click May 12, 2011 at 1:34 am

i wish i could see this movie oo.. i dnt even get to see all the nice nigerian movies again… really sucks.. i would totally pay to watch them… shows in america not canada :(

Pls help.. i want to see this movie..

• mii May 12, 2011 at 8:06 am

nice..cant wait!

• dewowo May 12, 2011 at 8:52 am

OmoTdot.com any day!.
    we should learn to appreciate our own. this gurl (wife&mother of 4) is an achiever!

• dare May 12, 2011 at 8:57 am

Omotola is always on point. God bless you.

• darex May 12, 2011 at 9:07 am

Omosexy, i know you can compete with any foreign act n you will surely held up your own. good one dear.

• On Point! May 12, 2011 at 9:52 am

finally, Omotola is really a true actress and loves her job, while Genevieve is too aware of herself and goes for parts that portrays her looking still looking her best and glammed up, Omotola gets down and dirty with dese different roles and for me that is what i call being an actress, wer u can leave ur comfort zone and own a part totally different to wat u r used to normally. kudos to both of dem thou cos i’m proud of them being products of naija!!

• SMH May 12, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Genevieve was quite irritating in that new movie Tango. For someone who had been raped, she was not convincing at all. When all is said, Omotola will be remembered for her body of work

• Weluwelu May 15, 2011 at 5:56 pm

If you want to hate on Genevieve then don’t bring her into matters that don’t concern her. On the contrary it only proves you think of her more than you care to admit. And I watched that movie so your criticism of her performance is nothing short badbelle from the pit of hell. Do you know how many rape victims you come across without knowing?? Is it written on their forehead?? Did you even follow the story or you just spent your time staring at Genny with bad eye?? Jealousy!

• Mary007 May 13, 2011 at 3:29 am

Why bring others into this? Cos I have seen Genny in movies where she is really down and out, infact she is the first star I saw who did a village girl without fake nails and weaved relaxed hair

• Taye May 15, 2011 at 6:25 pm

My dear they know who the better actress is o jare! Is it by coming on Bella and spitting sh*t? After all we had IJE right there to prove it. I hated Omotola’s court seen at the end. So unmoving. It was an anticlimax for me and a lot of my friends thought the same. Genny remains the most convincing actress yet.

• Damsel May 12, 2011 at 10:15 am

As far as am concern,Omosexy is still one of the best in Nija.

• Ify May 12, 2011 at 10:41 am

Omotola you are just good,you remain the best.

• Ify May 12, 2011 at 10:47 am

Omotola Nigeria is proud of you.keep making us proud and God will never stop blessing you.

• Ann May 12, 2011 at 10:49 am

Omotola remain the best in the industry.

• awe May 12, 2011 at 10:53 am

looks interesting….waiting!!!!!!

• Ann May 12, 2011 at 10:57 am

Omotola must confess,you are talented,creative in fact you are good…Am happy you are from my country Nigeria,God bless you.

• Gift May 12, 2011 at 11:02 am

Omotola you are truly a hero.

• Kelvin May 12, 2011 at 11:05 am

Omotola God bless you for taking nollywood to the nest level.

• darex May 12, 2011 at 11:18 am

God bless you omosexy…

• Mimi May 12, 2011 at 11:19 am

me think Omotola is the best actress in Nigeria…I love watching her movies, cant wait to see this!

• Ify May 12, 2011 at 11:41 am

Omotola is just too much.God bless you OMOSEXY

• Peperempe May 12, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Omo-T is a good actress and for all her time in the limelight she has never been linked to any scandal and she has managed to keep her marriage intact while her colleagues jump from marriage court to divorce court. She even managed to stay out of the GEJ/Sambo “cash-for-endorsement” saga. Love her or hate her, you’ve got to respect the woman.

• obi-talk May 12, 2011 at 4:25 pm

well said, well said!

• Gisterz May 17, 2011 at 11:03 am

ahemmmm… *clears throat* ..pls don’t say what u don’t know peperempe. Just carry on with the OmoT praise and leave it at that, ok? Let’s not jinx it. Lol!

• lola dadeola May 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm

wow!i cant wait for this movie
    epic!

• sam May 12, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Omo T is my favourite naija celeb and my best actress so far…cant wait to watch dis…good to c ebbe Bassey is in dis movie too

• pookie gbadegesin May 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm

i do see new interesting movies been advertised on bella naija but i don’t know how to get old them here in uk.Does anyone know

• Ekene May 12, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Doesn’t seem to be anything captivating about the film. Hope it won’t one dull docu-like movies drama. The village meeting scene naaahhhhh.

• Babydee May 12, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Yayyyy I can’t wait for this movie!!!! Go Omotola. But why dem no find better picture for you on the front cover

• cathy May 12, 2011 at 2:25 pm

awesome! can’t wait.

• Toyosi May 12, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Isn’t it amazing how Omotola and her team have made sure to keep viewers informed only on her professional works?this is obviously a serious actress…no unnecessary drama or attending of all public functions…now with co stars such as Kimberly Elise,will johnson from waking the dead,e.t.c,Vincent Reagan from 300,Troy,Camelot ….Omotola remain focused…the real deal.

• NANA May 15, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Yeaaaa…like d Grammys she attended 4 professional reasons. Got it! How r d colabos coming Omosexy??

• Ebbe May 12, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Thanks BellaNaija for posting the on location pictures and giving Ties that Bind some pre-screening press. Please do stay tune for a magnificent film that brings it all back down to basic quality story telling. It was a blessing to work with Leila Djansi and this amazing, brilliant and talented cast and crew. It was truly a team effort, everyone pulled their weight to make the film a success. I give much respect to the people of Saviefe and Ho in the Volta Region of Ghana! I have never seen such support given to a production in my life, thank you for welcoming us into your community.

Ghana, I am coming back! I am most definitely coming back for some of that Palaver sauce:)

Thanks to all those who’ve been there from day one as I began my grind and to those who are just discovering who I am, thanks for opening your hearts to what I know God has place in my heart to do…if you like what you see eventually or not, hit me up on Facebook. I am always down for some constructive feedback that will help me grow as a person and an artist. If you have a dream, don’t put it on hold!!! I am a small town girl from Calabar (yeah, it’s on the map LOL) with a dream, God has seen fit to bring me a mighty long way and what He as done for me, He can do for you too!

When the time is ripe, please come on out and support Ties that Bind…support art, culture and story telling that entertain and educate the world at large about us as Africans. Support positive stories about us.

Peace and blessings!
    ~Ebbe Bassey~

• Ifeyinwa A. May 13, 2011 at 11:20 am

Hi Ebbe. How are ya? You were in Law and Order or CSI, if I am mistaken. You have really done well for yourself. Congratulations. Please keep it going….

• smithy May 16, 2011 at 11:49 am

Nice one EBBE, but your facebook address aint stated. LEILA is truly ghana’s best director,african’s pride and a team player. she goes for the best to achieve the best, no wonder she cant stop winnig awards. TIES THAT BINDS, i cant realy wait for it to come out. Liela, off course it’s going to be an hit, u gave so much and your all, importing every equipment, the crew were fantastic, above all,your people are lovely and accomodating. GOD bless u Liela and all your cast for giving their all, from ama, omotola, ebbe, kimbely, john and tge rest. God bless u all.

• Oma May 12, 2011 at 3:57 pm

i love kimberly elise.
    Great actress.i see her movies as classics
    i always look out for movies she is in.

• gift May 12, 2011 at 5:57 pm

i just love the combination

• Osei May 13, 2011 at 10:47 am

Oh, i will definitely go see this movie with all these cast especially because of Omotola. Oh ghanians love omotolanot like that other girl…many ghanians say they will support this movie just because omotola is in it. Good actress and role model…Africa’s Angelina jolie…we can’t wait!hope Kimberly will come also for the premiere in Ghana…

• Osei May 14, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Good movie laila and good one omatola , a lot of ghanians pre fare you to Genevieve so I am sure they will really support you people. Kudos .

• talking drum May 14, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Why does genevieve have to getflogged for every omotola post, and omotola flogged for every genevieve post. Please this is about omotola, leila and co keep it that way.

• Breezy May 14, 2011 at 9:08 pm

That’s because Omotola is very down to earth, Genevieve is very reserved and aloof.

• NANA May 16, 2011 at 8:34 pm

And since when did being reserved become a bad thing? I’m confused :s

• Taye May 15, 2011 at 10:29 pm

It’s clear that Omotola’s fans see Genny as her nemesis. To make Omotola look good Genny has to be put down…really??…like it would make a difference in Genny’s success story. Mtcheeeeewww!!! ..pls u guys should give up already. – is getting stale and definitely starting to stink. Nonsense!

• Gina May 17, 2011 at 11:15 am

So true. A Genny gist can stand on it’s own without Omotola’s name being brought into it but not the other way round. Almost as if Omot’s claim to fame is her rivalry with Genny.
        And wait oh! Come to think of it, I knew of Genny from her movies and Omotola from the rumors. Wooooohhhh soooo trueeeee!! (eyes wide open)

• Mariamah May 17, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Can’t wait to see this film

• smithy May 19, 2011 at 10:22 pm

mrs omotola u r good, God bless u. please pay no attention to your distractors, there just there to bring the best out of you always and we your fans will keep seeing our STAR shine brigther always. God bless u. looking forward to it’s release.

• smithy May 19, 2011 at 10:33 pm

great one omo t.

• DP May 20, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Congrats to all the black beautiful talented women in this movie. Looking forward to this. @Ebbe well done. I’ve never seen any of your movies but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing you in this movie.

• Naveah June 9, 2011 at 4:36 pm

the trailer is on youtube, bellanaija.

• ada June 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm

where can i buy this movie, i would love to watch it. I say it again, Nigeria is full of great potentials! Omotola, you are doing great!

• kay March 18, 2012 at 7:53 am

I love u Omo T, God enlarge and keep you, weeeeeelllllllll done.