Posted on Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 at 5:14 PM

By BellaNaija.com

When Allure, the Sunday style magazine insert of Vanguard Newspaper announced their Male & Female Style Icon for 2011, some were surprised that this youthful duo had attained “Style Icon” status at such a young age.
Omowunmi Akinnifesi and Ohimai Atafo showed off their best looks at the presentation ceremony which took place at the Atlantic Beach Centre in Victoria Island, Lagos.

Omowunmi wore a dramatic floor-length dress by Kinabuti while Ohimai kept his look simple and sleek in a black suit from his label, MAI.

Remmy Diagbare - Editor, Vanguard Allure was a great host alongside Erelu Dosunmu – owner of the Atlantic Beach Centre. Nike Oshinowo-Soleye delivered a speech on her “Take on Style”; after that guests mingled, chatted and enjoyed music by saxophonist DJ Sax.

Photos from the event below.

Allure Style Icons 2011 - Omowunmi Akinnifesi & Ohimai Atafo

Nike Oshinowo-Soleye

Ugonna Omeruo & Eunice Efole

Ohimai Atafo

Omowunmi Akinnifesi

Erelu Dosunmu and Nike Oshinowo-Soleye

Photo Credit: Oscar Ochiogu for Vanguard Allure

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 47 Comments on “Photos from the 2011 Vanguard Allure Style Icon Event – Omowunmi Akinnifesi, Ohimai Atafo & Nike Oshinowo-Soleye”

Comments
    • kemmy May 11, 2011 at 5:17 PM

first..yayyy

• Kilonsparkles May 11, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Nike Osinowo has some goood hair.

• Aibee May 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Is it me or are Nike Oshinow-Soleye’s eyes drooping in picture 2? BTW, did I catch a glipse of Ms Eunice Efole’s nip**e in picture 3? Wharashame!
      Congrats Omowunmi & Mai. Omowunmi looked ravishing at the event though I don’t particularly like Mai’s skinny frame.

Dare I say first? (The Amaka, please don’t say ‘Not Quite’!)
      BN please don’t delete my comment oh. I dey beg!!!

• Godchic Justthinkn May 11, 2011 at 5:28 PM

LOL. How could u possible see the nip**e in that dress??? Looking a little hard, no? LOL.

• Kemchi May 11, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Awwwww, sowwy sweerie u’re sooo not first :)
        Yeah, Nike’s eyes look funny. Tired eyes? Bad photo angle? Dunno, her eyes def not looking right.
        At first glance I wasn’t feeling her outfit to start with and then I went back and took a closer look @ Eunice, and yes I do see a bit of dark area peeping out, if it’s what I think, I can only SMH.

• BE May 11, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Lmao….deng…how did you see that? lol

• THE AMAKA May 12, 2011 at 3:33 AM

NOT QUITE!!!!

• kemmy May 11, 2011 at 5:23 PM

omowunmi’s dress..fab

• shhhh May 11, 2011 at 5:25 PM

dis nike oshinowo woman is still very hot ooh

• Jayla May 11, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Omowunmi Akinnifesi is a BABE

• Godchic Justthinkn May 11, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Nice pics. Please o, am I the only one that thinks this Ohimai guy is hotttttttttttt?? lol. Dude has a cute smile and seems cool. :)

• Tiki May 11, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Methinks the netting on Omowunmi’s dress is a bit too much…it’s threatening to take over her creamy shoulders, elegant neck and pretty face.
      Eunice’s dress looks nice, but the shoes are a no-no..more Va-Va-Voom for me!

• LOLA May 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Yep, totally agree. seems so out of place on the dress

• Ginika May 11, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Is it me or is Eunice’ nipple showing? My phone is showing a lil dark spot on the top part of the left side of this picture.

Anyhow, congrats to Mai and Omowumni. She has a nice body and happens to know how to clad her bod properly; so I aint surprised.

• bee May 11, 2011 at 9:40 PM

is dis ginika assuzzu ?

• Ginika May 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Nope!

• BlessedAssurance May 11, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Mai looks horrible as always.
      Omowunmi’s dress is ghastly. #thatisall
      Nike clearly understands the basic principle of weave-fixing.

• Miss Face May 11, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Whats d basic principle pls?

• fokasibe May 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM

It should look as real as your hair….au naturelle, me thinks…Thats why I never fix em!

• Disbabe May 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Nike Oshinowo’s outfit is a let down :( i am shocked. I guess there is a first time for everyone. Omowunmi is gorg loved her look.

• Ready May 12, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Omowunmi’s beautiful but her look was ‘meh’ for me. It wasn’t awful, but I’ve seen her dress better & in better fitted dresses too. ‘Specially since this is an award where she’s been honored for her style, I expected her to shut it down…but maybe my expectations were too high.

• juicyGela May 12, 2011 at 1:05 AM

What is worth doing, Is worth doing well.
      I’ll simply say congrats 2d duo.

• momo May 12, 2011 at 1:06 AM

u wona the basic principles?? alright imma tell ya. SHE DOESNT FIX THEM BRAZILIAN WEAVE! LIKE THE WAY THEM LAGOS GIRLS HAVE IT ALL THE WAY TO THEIR -! i think thats about it….which explains why d hair shes got now looks like its her REAL hair! LEARN NIGERIANS GIRLS! your weaves are damn too weavyyy!

• THE AMAKA May 12, 2011 at 8:08 AM

AMEN!!!!!!!!

• THE AMAKA May 12, 2011 at 3:34 AM

real talk though, what is up with auntie Nike’s eyes? seriously? as for the dress Omowunmi wore, not feeling it. Mai is not really a style icon, he is just daring, but NOT a trendsetter, abeg.

• mii May 12, 2011 at 8:07 AM

omowunmi and mai atafo would be a great couple :D

• Tyna May 12, 2011 at 9:01 AM

luvly event , omowunmi dress luks grt n nike always stunning………….

• W May 12, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Am sure Mai will come out as a star one day!!!!!!!!!!!!! d dude is trying tho.

• On Point! May 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM

pls peeps, wats d name of the shoes d Ohima guy is wearing? been seeing it on so many men, i’m looking for a birthday gift for d hubby…

• Peperempe May 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I think we all know why Nike’s eyes look droopy and why her face seems frozen in time- five letter word, very popular treatment in New Jersey. I’m using code because the last time I tried to post it on here, Bella “moderated” my comment.

Omowunmi’s dress looks a little homemade IMO; it doesn’t fit properly and that extra fabric looks like a boozy afterthought. This House of Nwaocha lady’s designs always look better on her, when she is on the red carpet, than they do on the runway. It seems like she has one collection for the runway and then another entirely different one for her personal wardrobe. Kilorde!

• chi chi May 12, 2011 at 12:43 PM

omowunmi is beautiful anyday, but this dress is so over-d-top and rumply its not flattering. mai is just there. Nike’s hair is the only good tin about her look. ugonna looks simple and sweet for once (xcept 4 d “diva” lips). looks kinda boring on the whole. jst my opinion.

• lola dadeola May 12, 2011 at 12:47 PM

wow!nike oshinowo has always been my mentor.she’s stunning and elegant
      onowunmi is one lady we should look up to.she’s gaot class!

• cathy May 12, 2011 at 2:20 PM

killer dresser that’s my omawunmi. gurl repping anytime

• Miss ATL May 12, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Well-deserved award for Omowunmi!

• Mary007 May 13, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Nike really proves you cannot always get it right

• Moving on May 15, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Love Love Love, Nike Oshinowo-Soleye’s weave looks natural, thumbs up there :)

• asa May 16, 2011 at 8:48 PM

i just want to know wht omawunmi does for a living … i love her n her style … but i cnt pin point wht she does like her work etc

• asa May 16, 2011 at 8:54 PM

n trust me am not talking abt wht is assumed or writing in paper

• Jemma Bond May 17, 2011 at 3:17 PM

For some reason I am not particularly fond of Ommowunmi’s style – in fact sometimes she gets it wrong. But I love every single thing about that gown she’s wearing in the photos – the colour, the cut, the design, the accessories …and it helps that she is a beautiful lady. As for Ms Oshinowo, her own outfit would have looked better if it had been a tad clingy and floor-length, with just the right amount of cleavage.

By the way, @Asa, Ommowunmi owns a public relations organisation, as well as an usher hiring service. I live in London, yet I still know the answer to that question.

• naydoo May 18, 2011 at 3:11 PM

@jemma bond..clap for yourself for knowing what omowunmi does for a living..remind me to send your gift across..@omowunmi’s dress..you look cute in a bridesmaid kinda way..

• http://dakkylove.blogspot.com/ May 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I have one question where did eunice ofole get her gown from?? it could do without the furry stuff as sleeves though but otherwise its beautiful.

• Jemma Bond May 19, 2011 at 3:34 PM

@naydoo…are you just being sarcastic?

• Bettina May 20, 2011 at 4:06 AM

Omawunmi’s outfit is not very well tailored.but I do love nike oshinowos dress.

• DP May 20, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Nike Osinowo looks great as always! I really like Ohimai’s outfit here for a change.

• princessmirian May 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM

omawummi is a real model.i like her dress.

• miss kano 2010 May 25, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Nike…….looking good as always….a born star

• C.ASE21 May 25, 2011 at 9:05 PM