On Friday 1st June 2012, the 7th edition of the  Nigeria Entertainment Awards took place in grand style at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The black tie event which was hosted by on-air-personality Freeze, kicked off at 7 PM with a red carpet session and saw in attendance some of Nigeria’s most celebrated entertainers including Chocolate City artistes M.I., Jesse Jagz, Ice Prince and Brymo, Waje, Sound Sultan, eLDee, Omawumi, Ramsey Nouah, Uti Nwachukwu, Flowssickk, DJ Jimmy Jatt and moreGhanaian super stars Majid Michel and Juliet Ibrahim were also present.

At the gala, 27 different nominees categories were announced by the President of NEA Tope Esan with assistance from Juliet Ibrahim, Omo Sandra Idugboe and Kendra Etufunwa after which Chidinma, Vector, Rayce, Eddie Kim and Iyanya came on stage to perform some of their famous hit tracks.

Shortly after announcing the list of nominees, all attendees headed to the VIP lounge to unwind. We can’t help but wait to see our favorite celebrities grace the award show’s red carpet billed to take place from Friday 31st August – Sunday 2nd September 2012 in New York, USA. Till then, here are photos from the nominees gala and the full nominees list.

Check it Out!

Kadija Kamara
Tinie Tempah
Skepta
Abiade
Tipsy

Category 9 – Best Music Video of the Year
Ara – Brymo (Aje Filmworks)
Nawti – Olu Maintain (Kehinde Naomi Smith/Team NAWTi)
She Likes It – Cap B (Adeola Alao)
My Home – Nneka (Andy Amadi Okorafor)
Tete Lo Bere – Jahbless (DJ Tee)
Pakurumo – Wizkid (Clarence Peters)

Category 10 – Most Promising Act to Watch

Timaya
Flavour
Aduke
9ice
Bracket
Jah Bless

Category 14 – Best Actor (Film)
Wale Ojo (Phone Swap)
Joseph Benjamin (Mr & Mrs)
Chet Anekwe (Unwanted Guests)
Hakeem Kae Kazim (Man on Ground)
Ramsey Nouah (Memories of My Heart)
Pascal Atuma (Who is the Man)

Category 15 – Best Actress (Film)
Uche Jombo (Damaged)
Nse Ikpe Etim (Mr & Mrs)
Funke Akindele (The Return of Jenifa)
Rita Dominic (Private Enemy)
Rita Dominic (Shattered)
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde (Ties that Bind)

Category 16 – Best Film Director
Kunle Afolayan (Phone Swap)
Tade Ogidan (Family on Fire)
Tunde Kelani (Maami)
Daniel Ademinokan (Unwanted Guests)
Leila Djansi (Ties that Bind)
Akin Omotosho (Man On Ground)

Category 17 – Best Picture

Jacob’s Cross
Tinsel
Najia Sings
City Sistas
BBA

Category 19 – Pan African Actor
Kevin Ndege Mamboleo (Inside Story)
Majid Michel (Somewhere in Africa)
Van Vicker (Paparazzi)
Chris Attoh (6 Hours to Christmas)
Edward Kagutuzi (The Mirror Boy)
John Dumelo (Ties that Bind)

Category 20 – Pan African Actress
Ama Abebrese (Ties that Bind)
Yvonne Okoro (Single Six)
Juliet Ibrahim (Crazy Scandal)
Kudzai Sevenzo (Playing Warriors)
Jokate Mwegelo (Chumo)

Industry Nite (Nigeria)
Cokobar (UK)
Tiwaworks (US)
Posh Hill Ent (Malaysia)
Dejavu (US)

Category 25 – Media Personality
Toolz (Beat FM 99.9 Lagos)
Adam (Soundcity TV)
Freeze (Cool FM 96.9 Lagos)
Dolapi Oni (M-Net)
Uduak Uduok (Ladybrille)
Denrele (Channel O Africa)

Category  26 – Entertainment Executive
Audu Maikori
eLDee
Segun Demuren
Efe Omoregie
Obi Asika
Ayo Shonaiya

Category 27 – Best Collaboration of the Year
Sheyman Feat. eLDee & Skales – My Money Remix
Sauce Kid Feat. Davido – Carolina
Bracket Feat. Wizkid – Girl
Bez Feat. Praiz – That Stupid Song
Jeru Feat. Wizkid – Familiarity
Ikechukwu Feat. Xela – Bu Lie Oto

The awards are based entirely on votes from the general public both online and via SMS. To vote for any of the nominees, simply send a text with this format – NEA Award Category Number Nominee Name to 32051. Online voting kicks off on their website www.NigeriaEntAwards.com  in August 2012.

Who do you think will win?

Photo Credits: Kola Oshalusi | NEA Rep

87 Comments on Davido, Genevieve Nnaji, Ice Prince, Rita Dominic, Ramsey Nouah & Chidinma on the Nigeria Entertainment Awards 7th Edition Nominees List – View the Full List & Photos from the Nominations Gala
  • lily June 29, 2012 at 6:00 pm

BN where is Genevieve? u jst stressed me coz i had to go tru all these pple pics wey i no send…mcheeew!

• feyi A June 29, 2012 at 6:36 pm

cool down BN never upload pics finish check back soon them they brand genevieve pic :D

• Mimi June 30, 2012 at 2:51 am

lol same here, i stressed myself looking for davido’s picture

• Ope August 12, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Plz can i see davido’s pics

• Zara June 30, 2012 at 3:45 am

Omo! I thought I was the only one scheming through looking for Genevieve. Smh! Bella you no try abeg.

• Italian Princess June 30, 2012 at 4:23 am

“scheming through” right? I’m getting you!

• cathy July 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm

hahahahahahahahaha no be small stressing my dear

• fre August 3, 2012 at 9:55 am

Loool! I was totally looking for Genevieve :'(. I even refreshed the page and started all over again

• i no send June 29, 2012 at 6:10 pm

a few displays of ratchetness……

• Nollywoodgaga June 29, 2012 at 6:18 pm

there are festivals every day in Nigeria ?
    And where is Genevieve Nnaji ?

• Sydney June 29, 2012 at 6:22 pm

The best dressed person is the girl with braids in the long cool dress! She killed it!

• Babydee June 29, 2012 at 6:27 pm

All this just to announce nominees?

• feyi A June 29, 2012 at 6:32 pm

the person that directed ties that bind is not from 9ja. wetin the name de find for best director ni? make a pan african director list as una do for pan african actress if you must nominate her abeg. after i don look at daisy red carpet pics am pleased with what i see her. nse ikpe etim for best actress. opari

• AUDREY June 29, 2012 at 6:32 pm

JULIET IBRAHIM IS GORGEOUS! HMMM.

• dammylee June 29, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I see waje and omawunmi chillin together alot.

• bundle June 29, 2012 at 6:36 pm

i actuallly went through this to see Genevieve, and alas i got punked…………can i have the last 5 minutes i spent looking at these other people back? like pretty please?

• me June 29, 2012 at 6:37 pm

everybody on the red carpet #epicFAIL

• nolly July 1, 2012 at 8:49 pm

lol tought i was the only one that felt that way. these african celebrities and their dressing sef

• Cool cat June 29, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Juliet ibrahim looking tons of foinnnnne. Kendra in a primark belt….hmmm, thanks omawunmi and waje for wearing sleeves. Fashion is knowing what suits your body. #overandout

• mina sarki June 29, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Hmmmm looks like Nigerian men actually know fashion and how to wear it better than their women counterparts, its a shame that these men, dont even wear makeup or fake hair, yet they still look better…nawa oo..smh

• christy June 29, 2012 at 6:47 pm

BN is that a mistake on Isio Wanogho? She look so diff,I luv her so much why is she looking like that??”Crying” all the girls in black dress look fab.Juliet ibrahim look pretty.Solid star,I hail dee.M.I what are you feeling like,short man?? Lol

• Rhoda July 1, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Thats obviously a mistake on BN’s part. Thats not Isio @ all!

• UG June 29, 2012 at 6:48 pm

One word…ratchet!!!

• maimuna July 2, 2012 at 1:10 am

hmmm i wanna see how ya’ll screaming ratchet!!! look…lmao..dont think u look like beyonce,riri or even brandy!! pls post a pic! ya’ll sit behind ur computers nd insult people! look @ ur washed up self first!

• Shut up coolcat June 29, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Uti Nwachukwu for what? That is why nobody should take these NEA seriously

• WeTalkNaija June 29, 2012 at 7:10 pm

When I see Uche Jombo being nominated for that sorry excuse of acting in Damages, tears come to thine eyes. And Rita Dominic wasn’t in Private Enemy oh, hope they didn’t mean to nominate Tonto Dikeh.

kk, my hating has stopped :)
    Still waiting for Genevieve pics abeg

• annie June 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm

ATLAST!!! a very good movie critic ahn!! uche and her overacting.Scenes that is not a serious matter uche shouts at the top of her lungs.She got it all wrong i think she felt since d movie is based on violence na soso shout suppose full there.As for BN u guys meant tontodike for private enemy cos rita is ot nominated o,,false nomination or else rita zamunda fans will start ,or u meant omotola for the best actress category :) my idol :) still want to see she and ramsey in a movie together that private storm too much chemistry biko kai i had to start acting some parts with my pillow sef :)

• annie June 29, 2012 at 7:21 pm

BN where is genevieve or u meant omotola jalade ekiende as a nominee for the best actress award category

• Miss Pepeye June 29, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Pls is DJ Jimmy Jatt the one that is tall, or is the guy standing behind him the one that is short? :)

• annie June 29, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I always laff at girls dying for majid like seriosuly d guy is far from cute with his creepy short finger nails purlease.Van over him come rain come sunshine

• la congolaise June 29, 2012 at 9:39 pm

hahhhahahahah, u are funny oooh! and i realise he loves them shoes mannn!!! even in his movies, no hard feelings, I am a die hard fan of me majid michou, lool

• myladymo July 1, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I liked majid when i first saw him in the movies but when Van came,that was the end…he is HOT and he got class and style.Majid need a good scrub and stylist

• OmoBolanle June 29, 2012 at 7:42 pm

LMAO!!!
    Toriolorun, all this in the name of Fashion?
    Oh well….make i no tok abeg.
    So where i Genevieve? LOL

• Naveah June 29, 2012 at 7:59 pm

@ Lily, Bundle and Nollywoodgaga – I no dey fight una BUT did you ever consider that maybe she wasn’t invited? OR maybe she was invited but couldn’t attend? Does Genevieve’s presence legitimize every event in Nigeria? So people will not have their events anymore, blogs will not post pictures because Genevieve Nnaji is not in attendance? Y’all need to stop drinking the kool aid this chick has been passing around to y’all for years now. She has done an INCREDIBLE job of lifting herself above the rest of Nollywood, yes, she soared like an eagle above the pigeons but abeg, let’s take it easy o ah ah! Everybody there is a star in their own rights, M.I has appeared on VH-1 and BET as well as has been nominated for music awards by both channels and WON so to start asking where Genevieve is right off the bat as if the rest of them there no count, or the event no be something because Genevieve no dey is AN INSULT to the rest of the stars that honored the invitations AND the organizers of the event!!! How would you have liked to be someone like Rita Dominic having a party and a person turns around to you as soon as they enter your house and ask you where is Genevieve? Where is Ramsey? You wouldn’t like it, you will feel like asking them “did you come for me or to star gaze?”

RAMSEY WETIN HAPPEN TO YOU NOW, BOBO? YOU NO DEY AGE WELL O DARLING AH AH!

• annie June 29, 2012 at 10:19 pm

THANK YOU!!! if y’ll want to see genevieve fotos at evets then organize a party biko.Maybe party organizers sef will start putting genevieve’s wax figure there if she is absent cos wats d need of genevieve since nollywoods ramsey nouah is there.

• Tiki July 2, 2012 at 8:22 am

lol, sisi no vex. The only reason why we were asking for Genny babe is because her name is in the title as having attended, and it helped to entice us into reading the article.

• Chattyzee June 29, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Wow…… the “BOLD” and the beautiful….
    dprodigalchild.wordpress.com

• Whatnow! June 29, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I love Ramsey he is so sweet. “Forever Young”….

• Mafia June 29, 2012 at 8:36 pm

The men beat the women in the dress up game (mostly)… a lot of what the ladies wore was just “Blah”. There were several standouts of course… but overall Uti and Dipp killed it.

• L.A Chick June 29, 2012 at 8:40 pm

People who were saying dem no de see Uti on red carpet, guess what, he’s back!!!!

• myladymo July 1, 2012 at 4:17 pm

He shouldnt be back cos he is everywhere looking like bodyguard…look at him chewing my cutie ramseys ear off..He better have many seats already

• Bex June 29, 2012 at 8:52 pm
  • Christopher Okoro June 29, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I believe they all deserve the nomination for their contribution to the entertainment and movie industry.

Get latest naija gist here

• naijarepresent June 29, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Uti, why are you shouting at Ramsey? You both look handsome. The dude with the yellow pant should NEVER in his life wear such atrocious outfit. Tosim Martins, look like he’s been living in the farm, he looks somehow. M.I and Iceprince got the hausa/Jos swag. Ego looks good with her locks. Where’s my girl, Genny? Bella, don’t joke like that bcos it’s not funny.

• Rhoda July 1, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Tosin Martins is just tired….tired of life that is! hahahahhahhaaa

• moi June 29, 2012 at 11:54 pm

omg I love me some Majid and Ramsey…hehehe
    Omawunmi has the brightest face ever!!! love her and Waje! down to earth chics
    Cool pics

• smh June 30, 2012 at 12:48 am

this has to be the most poorly dressed individuals that I have ever seen at an event. my eyes were paining me.

• jade June 30, 2012 at 1:24 am

I will b voting for: Best album- superstar(wizkid), hottest single- pakurumo, best new act- may d, best pop/r&b artist- tiwa savage, best rap act- MI, best music producer- jesse jagz, best international act- tinie tempah 4 shizl, best music video- pakurumo, most promising act- its chuddy kkkkk, best indigenous act- timaya, best actor- ramsey nouah, best actress- nse ikpe etim, pan africn actor- john dumelo, pan african actress-yvonne okoro, best entertainment personality- funke akindele, entertainment promoter- cokobar, media personality- freeze,

• Gorgeous June 30, 2012 at 2:36 am

Bella Naija, that is not Isio now…. Sigh!!! And you guys askn 4 Genevieve, they said she was nominated for an award, they did not say she was at the party… :D!,,,,

• Gorgeous June 30, 2012 at 2:38 am

and please who knows where I can get revlon photo air brush and Laura mercier under eye concealer in Abuja. Heeeellllllppppp. Thankss

• Ik June 30, 2012 at 3:38 am

If uche Jombo acting in damage doesn’t tell you the story of what can happen in a violence home like hers in the movie I DON’T know what will, I wasn’t even her fan till I saw damage and I had just seen jealous husband with van the day before so I can hate her but she’s a method actor please just saw broken silence with uti now( these three roles are three different pple) I think that is called acting but I really don’t care about Nigerian awards and nominations I am correcting the above comment about uche in damage

• ajiri June 30, 2012 at 3:59 am

Nice pictures of some people, others just looked WRONG. Looks like it was a lot of fun though. Win a free dress.

• zheloyi June 30, 2012 at 4:05 am

Is that Kemistry? Oh woooow! Where has she been?

• iamfascinating June 30, 2012 at 9:37 am
  • faith June 30, 2012 at 11:52 am

Was also looking for genny too!bN punked us…lol

• TobechiD June 30, 2012 at 12:52 pm

LOL. Glad to read that most of us were on the same page- I scrolled through the pics so fast, I thought I must have missed Genevieve Nnaji. She wasn’t even on there!

• Ms. Jayee June 30, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Where is my Genevieve ooo! And that is not Isio Wanogho, except she did a plastic surgery.

• tbn June 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm

SO where is Genevieve?

• ThatGirl June 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm

MESS.COM

• N June 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm

How many years ago was 6 hours to Christmas released and they gave Chris Ato a nomination for that? :s

• cocolette June 30, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Too many overdressed people, naija pple too do jor!! as for those asking for Genevieve , 3 words- get a life!!!

• posh June 30, 2012 at 10:53 pm

I laffed n laffed n laffed @ many comments here today! Kai! Some people sha! N dats def nt Isioooooo wangho.okpari

• babious July 1, 2012 at 12:50 am

genny is the reason i clicked on here. 90percent of the pple here are nt presenteable,it sucks cos ds are the pple that might represent Nigeria as regarding entertainment. such a boring event! you can tell most of them don’t enjoy what they do,they just do it for the money.

• NNENNE July 1, 2012 at 5:57 am

….So where s the screen diva? Genevieve ,of course!

• missappleberry July 1, 2012 at 8:08 am

chidimma, abeg who did ur fringe hair? the person no try at all sha. As 4 d rest pple, i reserve my comment :|

• Chysom July 1, 2012 at 9:25 am

So, if girls no cross leg, them no go snap picshure again…na wa o! And Who is this kemistry babe? not feeLing her at all oo

• Bodashee July 1, 2012 at 11:10 am

Though I wasn’t searchin for Genny I just clickd to c d dresses and all that, but BN shldnt hav put that up there if her pics and Davido’s weren’t ther. We can sue u guys for ‘misleading d public’. LOL. Abeg someone shld plead iwv dese ladies to either cover their legs or take good care of them. Na by force to wear mini dress?

• babious July 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm

@cocollete, genevieve represents nollywood better than most of these opportunist. she’s got the beauty,talent and most of all class, therefore we want to see more of her than most of these sickening people that spoil the face of nollywood! so stop hating and deal with it!

• myladymo July 1, 2012 at 4:23 pm

And where is Rita dominic?im waiting on Uche’s wedding pics..yeah

• plain talk July 2, 2012 at 2:55 am

stupid people!! i came on this site to see genevieve nnaji which u give me the impression that her pics was here but instead i get to see a bunch of people i don’t knw and is not interested in people pls dont call name u dont have a pics of.

• Zina. GH July 2, 2012 at 8:06 am

Wow love dem choc boys!!!!!!!!!

• teetee July 2, 2012 at 8:50 am

wat happened 2 d ladies…..no dress sense, Chidinma wat happened ur hair u dress plz step up

• mau July 2, 2012 at 9:58 am

Cnt believe i srcolled all the way down and no Rita Dominc! *sighs*

• Priscy July 2, 2012 at 10:58 am

where is genny na…BN don jonz us oooo….na Juliet Ibrahim look good here. Everyother person..wack

• Buky July 3, 2012 at 1:17 pm

It mentioned that she’s on the nominees list, not that she attended the event…People, pls read carefully

• Kimberlee July 5, 2012 at 1:15 am

Denrele for media personality and I honestly would give anything to see Denrele in a black tux wit a proper shirt.

• funke July 5, 2012 at 12:33 pm

What I understand by d title is dat Genevieve was nominated, not dat she was @ d event, or am I wrong?! Oh well *shrugs and walks away*

• queenhannah July 12, 2012 at 5:46 am

a grand event to announce nominees of another grand event. Naija levels!!! i’ll support my naija ppl anytime but taking it down a notch won’t kill anybody now and whats with all these funny categories “pan-african actor, indigenous artist, international personality…” me i don’t understand anymore.

• judith August 1, 2012 at 1:25 pm

BN where GENEVIEVE ……….why given me the impression that she was here only 2 find her pics missing, abeg make una stop am if na play una dey play… Omawunmi & Waje are on point. Chidimma, d stylist wey make your hair no like youuuoooooo.

• Ug gal August 3, 2012 at 2:06 am

Still lukin for her (Genny)

• Tobi August 13, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Everyone looks horrible, except from the girl with the short black dress, the LV bag and red lipstick. Men she’s hot. I think she’s the 40th picture but I like her style. Rock on girl, your style is on point!

• jojo August 29, 2012 at 11:03 am

was scrolling and scrolling only for me to find out that genevieve was no were to be found, BN pls upload genny’s pic jor………………

• extemy October 3, 2012 at 5:24 pm

chidinma wetin do u why u cm dress lyk dat? Tosin martins why u look lyk hausa beggar for lagos? Nigerians and ova dressing sha…

• brenda December 3, 2012 at 4:57 pm