So amazing and definitely “swoon-inspiring“.
The UK’s brightest African wedding talent have collaborated for this shoot. We love the blend of traditional African and international vintage elements. The attention to detail is top notch!

Find out more below;
One bright summer’s day, the creative talents of Kosibah, Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium, Makeover Designs, FO Photography, Cedar Events and other wedding industry suppliers came together for a styled shoot based on African art and fashion.

Quendon Hall, one of the 25 manors granted by William the Conqueror to his trusty steward, Eudo Dapifer, with its grounds containing the only medieval deer park in the county to have survived, proved the perfect location and setting.

The idea and concept for the shoot came from Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium, who in seeking inspiration for a collection of unusual cake designs, noticed that in recent catwalk shows of major labels, a recurring theme was the use of tribal and ethnic inspired fabrics and accessories.

From Burberry (who changed the lining of their classic trench coat to an African print), Marc Jacobs, John Galliano to Michael Kors, colourful and black and white geometric prints, tubular chokers and pendants were featured in numerous pieces seen on the runway.

This shoot is a contemporary interpretation of Africa’s diverse and unique cultural heritage and an homage to the modern day African princess.

Using colours ranging from dramatic black and white, metallic gold to shades of coral; traditional African fabrics, jewellery and distinctive styling techniques were used to create the most splendid images that are indeed ‘Out of Africa’.

Credits
Wedding dresses and evening dresses by Kosibah – @YemiKosibah and Yemi Kosibah – Couture Bridal & Eveningwear on Facebook, www.kosibah.co.uk
Cake, Cupcakes and Sweet tables by Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium – @lizcakeemporium and Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium on Facebook,www.elizabethscakeemporium.com .
Photography by FO Photography – @FO_Photography and Fophotography on Facebook, www.fophotography.com .
Artist & Photographic Assistant, Shirley Gilks – @MapYourSoul and Shirley Gilks (Map Your Soul) – Photographer and Artist on Facebook.
Make up, animal print nails and Gele tying by Onyeka Beauty – @Onyekabeauty and Onyeka Beauty on Facebook,www.onyekabeauty.com .
Hair styling by AVOS Hair – @AVOSHAIR and Avos Hair on Facebook, www.avoshair.com .
Venue was Parklands, Quendon Hall – @QuendonHall and Parklands, Quendon Hall on Facebook, www.quendonpark.co.uk .
Stationery by Makeover Designs on Facebook, www.makeoverdesigns.co.uk .
African Styling & Gele tying by Omobola Harte – Kuhmpleet by Omobola Harte.
African Jewellery by Mijola Daniel.
Chairs by I am Wedding Hire – @iamweddinghire and iAM Wedding Chair Hire on Facebook, www.iamweddinghire.com .
Purple and Green Flower arrangement by William Clarke Flowers – @WClarkeFlowers and William Clarke flowers on Facebook,www.williamclarkeflowers.com .
Linen by Over The Top rentals – @OttLibi , www.overthetoprentals.co.uk
Chair covers by Milena Nikolova – Milena Events, http://www.milenaevents.co.uk
Stylist, props & decor by Cedar Events – @Seyicedarevents and Cedar Events page on Facebook, www.cedar-events.co.uk .
African props & table runners by Ethnik Accents.
Model, Lauren Sweeney-Fenton – @MsLaurynn and Lauren Sweeney-Fenton on Facebook, http://www.LaurenSweeneyFenton.com/.
Model, Jade Harris – Jade Amanda Harris on Facebook.
Model, Bianca Buckman – Bianca Yaa Asantewaa Buckman on Facebook.
Model, Janita Francis – Janita Francis Tmc (Season Six) on Facebook

81 Comments on Swoon! BN ❤s it! The UK’s Brightest African Wedding Talent present an African Vintage Bridal Shoot
  • i no send July 18, 2012 at 3:50 pm

lovely

• sandra July 18, 2012 at 3:53 pm

dis is so nice

• bonita July 18, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Beautiful

• ti July 18, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Wow, this is beautiful

• Lue July 18, 2012 at 4:06 pm

nice but BN can hype sha

• QueenofEverything July 18, 2012 at 4:12 pm

WOW! that is truly inspiring, I love the very African touches – gorgeous concepts!

• Temi July 18, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Wow ………..lovely concept!

• babe July 18, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Yemi kosibah, my favourite designer,d dresses r timeless

• cathy July 18, 2012 at 4:25 pm

wow!!!

• kem July 18, 2012 at 4:27 pm

i just love it when i see dark skin ladies…..mayb cuz i am one, but then black is really beautiful and sexy….check them out..nice nice lovely

• rita luvly July 18, 2012 at 4:35 pm

r dey affordable cos d smiles alone loks expensive*jst asking* bt evrythng loks gd

• dee July 18, 2012 at 4:36 pm

love-struck…………love it

• make up July 18, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Nigerian Bridal make up artists, take note. See how flawless the make up is. Case in point, the pictures with the links below. I love, love, love. Very chic, and hollywood red carpet-esque. Nude tones, even the blush, warm colours, not the colours of the rainbow, and heavy black eyeliner that most 9ja bridal make up artists are fond of. Less is always more, make up should accentuate, and not overpower the face. You should know it is there, and it should highlight the brides face, and not be the first thing you notice when you see the bride. Even Banke Meshida, Ewar and House of Tara over do it. Oh, and my pet peeve of drawing the eyebrows so thick on the bride’s face, it looks unnatural, like two big angry brown curves on your forehead. Dont get me started on the red lipstick, or the harsh wine lipstick, and the blush that makes most brides look like cartoon characters. Oh, and the eyelash extensions, that they use. I swear those things can serve as fans for your face. The girls obviously have eyelash extensions on, but it is tastefully done. Onyeka Beauty, take five jare, you guys did a fantastic job. I am saving your website details to contact you for my wedding. You delivered the smoky eye effect, beautifully.

• Janded July 18, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Love it but they just had to add 2 very light skinned women in the mix sha, Well issorai.

• IVORY CHI July 19, 2012 at 11:08 am

i DONT GET…..SO ARE VERY LIGHT SKINNED PEOPLE NOT AFRICAN?????????

WE ARE MADE OF DIFFERENT TONES, COMPLEXIONS AND FEATURES.

BEING AFRICAN DOESN’T NECCESARILY MEAN BEING DARK SKINNED…THANK YOU

• make up July 18, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I believe a bride should look like a stunning version of her regular self. I mean the kind of make up she’ll could wear on regular days, just professionally and tastefully done, not eyeshadow application in over drive. Case in point, Kate Middleton and Hilary Duff, on their wedding day. Dont even go too far to weddings, see the make up on celebrities (white and black women) for major red carpet events like The Oscars, Emmys and Golden Globes. I see a lot of pictures of friends, and they are almost not recognisable, and for some, its not in a good way. The concept for this photo shoot, is really lovely. BN, thanks for this, you always represent every time. I’m going to store the names of these vendors, and I’m definitely taking hints from this for decor for my wedding. I love out of the box ideas, something slightly off tradition. Oh, dont get me started on decor ideas that loads of 9ja wedding vendors offer.

• oyin July 19, 2012 at 8:28 am

It’s up to each bride to decide what she wants for her day…..not everyone wants the natural look.

• Abs July 18, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Beautiful black skin! I want! Nice pics! Love love love!

• Bella Naija Critic July 18, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Am I the only one seeing the ugly hugggeeee geles? Lovely but hate d gele. Every 1. Then again, black is obviously beautiful

• IMO July 19, 2012 at 7:37 pm

you’re not alone at alllllll……. i tot it was my eyes!!

• peye July 18, 2012 at 8:04 pm

faboulous. That’s some creativity mehn and not some copy copy kind of things. this is innovative.
    me love and appreciate it.

• g July 18, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I agree. The gele is poorly done!!

• Moses July 18, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Breath taking!!!!! Nice one

• Klaire July 18, 2012 at 9:49 pm

WOW!

• Bankesno1fan! July 18, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Miss makeup you just had to go there! Please, I repeat, PLEASE DO NOT drag BAnke Meshida Lawals name into this. If you decide to look ugly on your wedding day I guess not much anyone can do for you. LoL. Comparing Bankes makeup to this “muddy looking makeup is making smoke come out of my ears!!!!! Some of these girls look like they just woke up and rinsed their faces, there is a difference between nude and blah. Nothing to write home about especially with the makeup, the decor and cakes are Amazing! Onyeka needs to take some lessons in eyebrow shaping and pencilling and Nigerian makeup artists are the Bomb! I won’t even talk about the geles!!!!! As for the gold lipstick on the girls..but why????? Send these girls to Lagos let Banke do the makeup or even Ewar” thennnnn real comments will flow! Shior…..

• chioma July 18, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Makeup I don’t agree with you. Red lips work on some look. But I get your point some do those looks if the bribe has bad skin. If you have good skin light makeup is fine. Anything work.

• Princess of Zion July 18, 2012 at 11:46 pm

WOW! Lovely scenery, models and dresses! Amazing product; very impressive!!

• Ms.X July 18, 2012 at 11:50 pm

This is so beautiful, and I’m really happy that we’re starting to see more high-concept african-inspired weddings!!

• Amber July 18, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Ok..having some ideas for my wedding

• Bianca July 19, 2012 at 1:04 am

@ Kem
    Me too. I love to see dark skin women, gosh, skin is just too smooth and luscious. The gele are a little bit too over dramatic but nice concept.

• @ajiriavae July 19, 2012 at 1:19 am

I love the cakes, the outfits, everything.

• Wow July 19, 2012 at 1:42 am

Nice concept…but wished the geles were more professionally tied. Other than that, everything else looks good.

• Chioma-dure July 19, 2012 at 4:13 am

My most fav! I love love love the details. Awesome post Bella Naija. The tables scapes are stunning. Very inspiring.

• Ginika July 19, 2012 at 7:54 am

Love the concept completely. Gorg!

• Mbonyiwe July 19, 2012 at 8:10 am

Love the setting by the water fountation. Wow!

• pynk July 19, 2012 at 8:19 am

to those arguing about makeup- it truly depends on the woman. For some like me, less is more.

• Seun July 19, 2012 at 10:14 am

i really dislike most of dem pix. whose “bright idea” was it to combine gele wit english wear? its just so wrong!

geles – bad bad bad
    makeup- too ordinary
    dressess – why r they jumping?

very unrealistice photoshoot. doesnt work for me at all

• Adedoyin July 19, 2012 at 10:34 am

Lovely

• Ufuoma Bozimo July 19, 2012 at 10:39 am

Absolutely LOVING it! Yemi Kosibah and Seyi Olusanya are very inspirational! The other work on show is just fantastic! Great stuff!

• Oly July 19, 2012 at 11:05 am

l love the environment but gele on a wedding dress abeg noooooo. love the cakes, wedding dresses and oda things, looks vintage.

• Nonny July 19, 2012 at 11:12 am

Awesome!! thanks 4 the tips!!

• MizV July 19, 2012 at 11:32 am

Bella Naija goes into hype mode again *rme*
    Your regular wedding posts are way better than this. Is it cos its shot in London? Apart from the black and white monochrome design(which btw i absolutely love) everything else is so blah. Absolutely no creativity here

visit http://www.cakesbymizvuitton.blogspot.com for your wedding inspiration

• Gareth July 19, 2012 at 9:01 pm

MizV you obviously have a bad dose of the green eyed monster. This shoot is elegant and classy not loud and over the top vulgar which you are obviously used to. If I were you, I would concentrate on improving your so called ‘blog’

• Alfreda July 20, 2012 at 7:41 am

A beg concentrate on your yeye blog. Who even reads it? These people are international stars. As for you, God help you with your basket mouth.

• Caroline July 19, 2012 at 11:40 am

What a fantastic shoot. So different. These people are not local champions at all! The cakes are just so lovely! Kai

• Madeline July 19, 2012 at 11:43 am

I’ve seen these photos before on the net and they are awesome. The dresses and styling kudos. The cakes are some of the best I’ve seen sha.

• Gareth July 19, 2012 at 11:49 am

As a photographer, these images really capture the creativity and work that has gone into this concept. The styling is innovative and this is due to how things were combined. The stand outs are the cakes and dresses. Shame some of the stationery is blank which ruins some of the pics.

• Dami O July 19, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Great job! Lovely shoot….innovative and creative ideas! Especially love the styling ;)

• Temi July 19, 2012 at 3:35 pm

yaaaaaaaayy…dis is gorg…gave me ideas 4 a better traditional wedding…nice 1..kudos 2 u all !!!

• LPS July 19, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Really cool but we need proper gele skills in the UK!

• Mangai Tiyesan Joy July 19, 2012 at 5:53 pm

lovely

• Tosin July 19, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I like this a lot, it inspired me.

• Andrea July 19, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Lovely! The cakes are like none I have ever seen before and I love the gele and white gown combination. These are Nigerians that are doing us proud abroad instead of doing 419. For once, let’s give them our moral support. It’s funny that those who are criticising haven’t even done one tenth of what they’ve achieved.

• Bolaji July 19, 2012 at 10:18 pm

This is very wow. Class pass class. Ah beg, bad belle people comot for road make I enjoy the photos.

• Folasade July 19, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Everything is so on point and I like the attention to detail. The cakes are very original and well executed.

• Alfreda July 19, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Na wao. Even the cake pops are gold. It’s obvious a lot of work went into this. Una do well o.

• ggg July 19, 2012 at 10:58 pm

The gele should have been tied better

• Bolanle July 20, 2012 at 7:47 am

I really like this shoot. It’s so different. This is the first time I’m seeing something like this. Top marks to the dresses. The cakes are simply the best. Very neat and contemporary. Styling not too OTT. Stationery could be much, much better. I agree with Gareth. Blank cards are a no no.

• The Ultimate Princess July 20, 2012 at 8:02 am

I have found my wedding cake at last. The gold cake is banging.

• Addy July 20, 2012 at 10:05 am

Beautiful!

• Sandra July 20, 2012 at 10:15 am

Nice one!

• Justy Rusty July 20, 2012 at 10:18 am

Everything about this is well thought out. Lovely to see Nigerians thinking out of the box and not being led like malus. Dresses score and A and the cakes an A++++ for creativity.

• No Regrets July 20, 2012 at 11:23 am

MizV you are obviously so creative you stole Louis Vuitton’s brand and name for your own. Write you no fit do na copy, copy. As for cakes, no sign of them. If I were you I would start rejoicing and praying with creative people so that at least some of their anointing will rub off on you.

• MizV July 20, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Say all you want but the two dark skinned brides look very disheveled. M not paying money to look like that. Look at banke’s jobs na how can u compare? don’t know much bout photography so cant say much but the makeup, hair, gele and dresses are awful

• No Regrets July 20, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Pele o Miss Vuitton! The truth hurts huh? Jealousy is such an ugly thing. You don’t have to like the shoot but to say those three things are awful takes the biscuit when your own blog is such a hot mess. Like the bible says, remove the log from your own eyes first before you remove the speck from your brother’s eyes. These people are at the top of their game and they got there by COLLABORATING and helping each other. If your attitude wasn’t so toxic maybe someone would have given you life changing help by now. I rest my case.

• MizV July 20, 2012 at 1:54 pm

hahaha! you are pressed aint you. Guess u are one of the vendors right. so sorry babe

• No Regrets July 20, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Oh dear. You think people like that have time for you. I don’t even know them as I am based in Canada. But I know the truth. Seriously face your blog and spend your time and energy on improving the content and look of it. Maybe you will then become successful instead of seething with jealousy and resentment. Other people made negative comments but didn’t drag people into their beef. You on the other hand need prayers.

• Hafiz July 20, 2012 at 2:26 pm

@No Regrets take it easy. Haba we are entitled to have opinions. I actually just visited the mizvuitton blog and i like it. not everyone is about to jump on the Bella Naija hype bandwagon #sheesh

• No Regrets July 20, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I agree with you Hafiz and you have proven my point. We all have different tastes and you happen to like a blog that I don’t. If you can dish it out you have to be able to take it too. Everyone who puts their work out their should be ready for comments. Some negative, some positive. But if she goes so far to point things out, others are also entitled to do the same to her. As for me, I’m signing off. Peace unto everybody.

• marvel July 20, 2012 at 5:16 pm

MisV, don’t waste your energy. I am just checking out your blog now…

• marvel July 20, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Not my thing but goodluck!!

• jumoke July 20, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Fantastic African Cake

• omoibo July 21, 2012 at 1:37 am

very nice, I like……

• Tinu Owolawi July 21, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Really love d concept, the cakes r so so lovely, great nd exclusive designs as well. really love dem

• olu Haastrup July 21, 2012 at 9:26 pm

wow! at long last! african talents not afraid to showcase the huge potential in african themed weddings. Well done! the cakes in particular are so precise and contemporary whilst still remainig true to the African element. Fantastic pictures could look at them all day.

• lilove July 23, 2012 at 8:24 am

Love it!!

• zeinab July 23, 2012 at 12:50 pm

lovely! very creative & different.

• kumzy July 24, 2012 at 11:12 pm

love the idea…african vintage though feel still veered towards the western a bit more than the african…..like the idea of the gele with the wedding dress but think would have been nicer if done more “Oleku style” so the full native…just my thots

• Kheira July 27, 2012 at 9:26 am

Hi,
    These pictures are stunning! The ladies with the turbans look so beautiful and chic.
    The wedding cakes with the African theme are a work of art!!!

• Jen October 11, 2012 at 9:09 am

This literally brought tears to my eyes. This is the most BEAUTIFUL Wedding I have ever seen. Perfect or me and my King. Can’t wait till he gets home. Thank You. African Vintage