Aunty Bella: Miss Absentee Boyfriend

dreamstime_l_50612042Aunty Bella is our  agony aunt column on BellaNaija. We launched this column in the early days of BN and periodically feature issues sent in by BN readers. We hope the BN family can offer insightful advice as well.

I met this guy on facebook in July last year and we started dating in September. We didn’t see each other till December when I went to Port-Harcourt (I stay in Lagos and He stays in Port-Harcourt).

We used to chat almost everyday and also talk on the phone maybe once a week, but all these stopped when he started his housemanship, he hardly calls or sends me any message on whatsapp or bbm but he replies whenever I send him a message.

I now do most of the calling because he says he is too busy at work and hardly has time to call or return calls or even do anything for himself and pleads with me to try and understand, but the problem I have with all these is that I believe that no matter how busy someone is, if you are really important to them they will make out time for you. To make matters worse we were chatting few days ago and I told him I miss him, all he said was “really? That’s nice”, then I asked him if he didn’t miss me, he said my missing him may not coincide with his missing me. I wonder what that means.

He’s a good guy and I love him but I just want to know if I’m over reacting or if I’m wasting my time or not. Please what do you guys think?

Photo Credit: Dreamstime

82 Comments on Aunty Bella: Miss Absentee Boyfriend
  • cd February 15, 2016 at 3:52 pm

My dear FORGET that aboki,HE IS NOT INTO YOU!!!!

• Receive Sense February 15, 2016 at 5:44 pm

He’s a doctor abi? Most of them are serious narcissists and they like forming Facebook lover boy. I know his type wella. He won’t value you unless you are exceptionally beautiful with big breasts, and from a stinkingly rich family. If he’s now a fine boy again, he will be forming hard to get. Even those of them that look like Satan’s toenails still have that childish ego ish. Break up with him before he humiliates you further.

• Nicez February 15, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Most of them are serious narcissists??? and they like forming Facebook lover boy???? I know his type wella???

Wow that escalated quickly.

Doctor are generally very busy like other professionals in Nigeria they tend to be overworked at the early stage of their career. I didn’t realise this until recently when my sister started her houseman ship. Whenever she is on call she stays at work for 24 hours, She doesn’t return my chats and calls sometimes. I don’t know if your boyfriend’s situation is similar but I will advise that you be patient with him for the now and agree on times you guys can chat/call. He also needs to create time to communicate with you as well. I don’t know if you are asking for too much but from your write up the only thing that changed is that your boyfriend started his houseman-ship recently and has been distant of late. Love and relationships requires a lot of work, sacrifice and commitment on both sides. I wish you the best of luck.

• Receive Sense February 15, 2016 at 11:28 pm

@Nicez I have an older sibling who is a doctor, an aunt, an uncle, a cousin and my mum are health professionals too. They will not always reply your dms, true. But when they are free, they make up for unattended calls and dms. Are you on call 24/7 ? How can you use that as an excuse to tell me the time you miss me is not the way I miss you abi what is that iranu the guy said again sef. And yes, I stand by my narcissist theory.

• Nicez February 16, 2016 at 1:50 am

“We used to chat almost everyday and also talk on the phone maybe once a week, but all these stopped when he started his housemanship,

I now do most of the calling because

but the problem I have with all these is that I believe that no matter how busy someone is, if you are really important to them they will make out time for you.”

He does respond back when she pings him, what He needs to do now is to make more of an effort in communicating with her. Well as I said before Love and relationships requires a lot of work, sacrifice and commitment on both sides. I wish you the best of luck.

• ATL’s finest February 16, 2016 at 4:31 am

@ Receive sense lol good question U can’t be on call 24/7. One of my friend in Nigeria did d same thing to me ! Ehn I respected myself and dropped a space lane on her. She’s either busy or its med school or on call. Please don’t I have my own Career? At least most of them don’t work while they r in school & some here have got to do both.
        Personally, ain’t nobody got time for nothing except u create time for whwat matters. If u can’t put me in your plan, then bouce. It’s called Multi-tasking. (ur career, Me, U, US Both & life should be invoved). So if he truly wanted to keep in touch or is still in love with her, he’d try every to be there .

• nwanyi na aga aga February 16, 2016 at 10:16 am

hahahahahahahahhaha biko receive sense if you see this, Can you give me a pictorial description of how satan’s toenails is ? Please I really need to know..hahahhaha

• Duh duh February 17, 2016 at 10:06 am

LMfaooooooooooooooooooooooo i swear I laughed sooo hard at the origiinal post and this reply that I have tears in my eyes.. I experienced the exact same situation recently with a DOCTOR. Like its so funny because it mirrors this girls situation. We talked everyday for 4 hours for 4 months straight and all of a sudden it stopped for 2 weeks. I mean he told me his busy days are coming but after 2 weeks and only talking twice a week, I just was not feeling it. Im not one to be forcing myself on anyone. I am a very busy person too with doing my masters and working full time but I make time for what is important. And oh, I have big beautiful breasts too lmaoo. Girl please move on and watch him come back to u when he sees u do not care lol.. If he doesnt come back, still better for u.

Sidenote- Doctors can be super big a*sho*ls. Just saying

• kehinde February 15, 2016 at 6:16 pm

• Miss Pee February 15, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Aunty, you are in a relationship by yourself and uncle has moved on. There’s no need to preach on what a guy does or doesn’t do when he loves you because I am sure you’ve heard that so many times. you’re most likely just afraid to face to truth and come to terms with reality which I have just helped you point out. But if you still want to be told, here it goes >> “please move on”! know your self-worth and don’t settle for anything less than you truly deserve..

• Miss Pee February 15, 2016 at 3:55 pm

to face the truth**

• Spunky February 15, 2016 at 3:56 pm

The irony of it all is that you already know where the problem lie (not with you). Unfortunately, if a man is not into you, there is little or nothing you can do to remedy the situation. So, the more effort you put in, the more irritating and desperate you are made to seem. But you mah, don’t you have hobbies or stuff to get done? He gives you the impression he’s super busy? Do same and appear less clingy.

• Abimbola February 15, 2016 at 3:58 pm

The things we won’t hear from boys in this life .lmao.’Your missing doesn’t coincide with his missing you’ what the heck does that even mean..
    That’s how my friend said her boyfriend thinks valentine is demonic 🙁 .

• nene February 15, 2016 at 4:53 pm

lmfao. her boyfriend must be a demon, perhaps a “yoruba demon”. lol

• Fashionista February 15, 2016 at 8:14 pm

LMAOO!!! don’t mind the man. Just say you’re not into Valentine’s Day (as am I), which one is demonic? Schewzzz

• ebere February 15, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Forget him, trust me, i have been there.

• Abimbola February 15, 2016 at 4:07 pm

To answer your question its obvious ‘The way you think about him doesn’t coincide with the way he thinks about you, in other words,you’re not on different wavelengths (ironu yin o papo). If you were my close friend I’ll tell you , above all things you deserve happiness as a person,I emphasize ,you must always choose happiness , you cannot force him to change his attitude, you can only control yours. If this is your happiness,stay,if not walk.
    Conversly, he might just be stressed with the new housemanship,so give him a little time, talk to him and make him understand how he’s making you feel

• Baby February 15, 2016 at 4:13 pm

You are right in your assertion- human beings will make time for the things they feel are important. They will also make time for the things they understand are non-negotiable to the people they feel are important.

You do not mention the duration of his withdrawal. A few days or weeks can be explained away by a distraction with something (or someone!) But if its consistent then the behaviour speaks for itself.

bottom line- if someone loves you, you will know. If they don’t- you will also know. So be honest with yourself.

No one can be honest for you.

• Koffie February 15, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Your missing me does not coincide with my missing you, ehl oh ehl. This doctor is over you (or was never really into from the start) and just wants you to be the one to ‘break up’ cos he doesn’t want to hurt your feelings. Bobo yen smart gan… Sweetheart, let go of him and when yours comes along, you wouldn’t have to be unsure of your place in his heart.

• bn lover February 16, 2016 at 9:12 am

Bhet koffie why na? What did I do to u dis morning? See me laughing out loud at ur exclamation. Ehl oh ehl

• prince February 15, 2016 at 4:17 pm

YOU’RE WASTING YOUR TIME!!! I hope you’ve not given him you boogina to taste cos some of your chics can be very loose.

• whocares February 15, 2016 at 4:33 pm

@prince- You my darling are a special kind of stupid.

• nerve February 15, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Yet, the drone be forming church and God.
        @Prince, you claim to love God. How does a real christian talk the way you do? Ordinary Bloody church “goer”

• the Shiekh February 17, 2016 at 12:58 pm

buahahahhahaha u got me laughing real hard at work

• Tai omo yoruba nimi February 15, 2016 at 11:40 pm

@ prince..and some of you men are not loose abi? ode ayeraye,monumental oloshi gerrarahia men!

• Nigerian Writers Hub February 15, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Please, move on. He has moved on. You’re obviously not important to him.

• Cristina Vlad. February 15, 2016 at 4:25 pm

My dear there are two answers to your question, One is that all the comments above mine is correct. Secondly Men are so confused, In fact they don’t know what they want is clear he has somebody else but he is still into you, You know them they want to have it all.. Send him a chart that you absolutely know whats going on and that you are not stupid. give him a week to choose if does not change. Let him go it might seem hard but if you try you will.. Best of luck and GODS guidance.

• Kendall February 16, 2016 at 11:04 am

That one is a long tin. Don’t postpone the hurt. Let him go already. If he is meant for u, he will try to win you back. Don’t ‘west’ your time girl.

• whocares February 15, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Ell oh ELL. lmaoooooooooooooooo,. he told you his missing you does not coincide with you missing him and you are asking us bellanaijarians what that means? That conversation as you recounted it actually hurts me to read and I want to bitch slap him. You had to prompt him into making a suitable response and it was still lacking! This is the part where my aunt will say “ma je ki aiye fi opolo e tamba”. (don’t let the world use your brain to wash yansh?) I do agree with you, no one is that busy that they cant send a “how was your day message” just before they fall asleep. It need not be a phone call conversation but a sign of life and that they were thinking about you is good enough. Long distance relationships are hard as well and both parties have to put in effort. If its one sided then what is the point of the relationship- you are hardly relating with each other are you? Would it have killed him to tell you he missed you too abi ewo ni cryptic and mysterious response? Its the simple things hon and you have an inkling about what is going on as well. Dont worry, you will be fine. Plenty of fish in the sea and what not. He is probably the kote in your life. No one likes kote, it is too bony. God willing you will upgrade to salmon, eja aro, (what’s that white fish again o? that is oily and sweet? ) well that one too and if you vex and say you dont want fish,, well there are lots of other sea animals in the ocean jare.

• Krasavitsa February 15, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Rotflmbao. Dis geh won’t kee me. I swear I laughed so hard my tummy hurts. Wtf is he’s the kote in your life???? As for the lady in agony, my dear, no House Officer is that busy (I’m talking from experience), except if he’s cooped up in a research lab somewhere finding the cure to a yet-to-be-known illness. Gather strength and break it off with him. There’s a hottie somewhere whose feelings will definitely coincide with yours. According to whocares, may you find the sea-animal of your choice. Lol

• Koffie February 15, 2016 at 5:22 pm

‘Tamba’ lmaooooo. It’s been long since I heard anyone else say that. My friends think my yoruba is ‘too ijinle’ when I use ‘tamba’. My love for you (and your crazy aunties) just went up a notch. The guy is what my own aunty would call ‘baba nla were’ cos what’s there in saying I miss you too when someone is apparently hoping against hope that you at least miss them. O wa lo n so oyinbo.

• whocares February 15, 2016 at 6:26 pm

@Koffie – LMAOOO. Yoruba movies and elderly aunts are THE bomb. I can be razz for Nigeria with those two combinations I wont lie to you. lool. I revel in my occasional(?) razzness. loool. Somehow, people expect a person to speak “englishified yoruba” and the less diluted words are considered “razz” or too “konk”.. forget!
        @O- Is obokun the name of the fish? lmaoooo. it just might be you know. I love that fish ehn.

• o February 15, 2016 at 5:37 pm

• Oma February 15, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Hahaha, I can’t stop laughing oooh. You are too funny abeg

• The real dee February 15, 2016 at 10:58 pm

@who care…ahh were ni e mehn…..u r so funny…lol Dear poster, who cares has spoken ur boo is a kote, but you deserve a Salmon so move ahead before ur boo ‘koterize’ u.

• olu February 16, 2016 at 9:32 am

oh my God….my tummy aches from laughing too d*** much!

• nwanyi na aga aga February 16, 2016 at 11:03 am

hahahahahahaha! Chai this whocares..which one is he is the kote in your life..loooool! My head hurts….

• Dandelion February 16, 2016 at 4:10 pm

I don’t leave a lot of comments, but this girl You totally crack me up. You’re my resident Bella naija basket mouth and I mean that in a good way. Dear writer, you don hear am. Be wise.

• Winnie April 6, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Kikikikikiki @noone like kote…..and sea animals? Really?

• SEEN ALL February 15, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Ladies, That boyfriend of yours, that says he’s too busy to call you, is another girl’s CUSTOMER CARE AGENT. nne move on, because he is too busy trying to woo another girl on facebook.

• exceSs3code February 15, 2016 at 4:34 pm

My dear u R on a long thing # in dbanj voice. So u waiting for Dr Phil to know weda you are Overacting. Oti O!. We r coming to cheki u laRRa #jenifa

• iyke February 15, 2016 at 4:44 pm

What I think???
    No woman is enough for a man who is not ready. Sweetheart, PROTECT YOUR MAGIC! Get your shit together and don’t force pieces that don’t fit!

• nene February 15, 2016 at 4:52 pm

“you met on Facebook” nuff said

• onomewilliams February 15, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Honey, you already know the answer so why waste your time? If a guy loves you, he won’t even leave you guessing. He has probably met someone else or was using you to pass time while he wasn’t busy.

• Rebeccah Monyei February 15, 2016 at 5:11 pm

ÓMó, let go and let God! He is preoccupied and you are not the one. The truth hurts but, better now than later.

Fantastic Column, <3 it!

• Author Unknown February 15, 2016 at 5:22 pm

You don’t ask him what he meant, but you somehow think we would know better? How about you go back and ask him to clarify.

• @edDREAMZ February 15, 2016 at 5:24 pm

• Ifeyinwa Mic February 15, 2016 at 5:29 pm

He’s already moved on, so you should do the same. The annoying thing is that some people can’t just come out and say what’s really going on. “I’ve met someone else. I’m just not that into you anymore. It’s been real.” How hard is that? His non-verbal clues are aplenty. Let him go.

• Bonnie gee February 15, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Dear sis.. u betta frgt abt him 2 avoid stories dah touches d heart later…

• poison ivy February 15, 2016 at 5:40 pm

I gasped when I saw ,”he lives in port harcourt while I stay in lagos”, Nne forget it.
    You’re dating yourself, you no even qualify for side chick as e no dey even call or text.
    You visited December bah, e don see finish.
    Count your loss and flee.
    Make him no block road for better.
    Until you grow backbone, flee from Ph boys/men.
    God is your strength.

• Miss pee February 16, 2016 at 9:02 am

Aw how can you say such a thing. That’s not nice to a larger percent of decent guys leaving in Port Harcourt. There’s no country, state or region that bad people don’t exist. FYI I live in Port harcourt.

• papermoon February 15, 2016 at 6:06 pm

My dear, even Mean GOLIATH might have had his special woman, for whom he would have postponed killing David and would have left he the battlefield for, if she had called. You are clearly not his special woman. move on.

• omo February 15, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Hmmm..this kind thing dey pain sha..but the boi no try for the gal… who ever heard of ‘missing each other’ not coinciding..! The thing wey dis boifriend and galfriend matta go cause for this world ehn..chai! chai.! Sweetheart osiso..please retrace your steps yesterday sef.!

• nerve February 15, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Yet, the drone be forming church and God.

• Adaeze Writes February 15, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Your narrative reminds me of one that I sent some years ago to a certain blog. As in, it’s almost the same pattern and the best advice I got was ‘pick up your shoes and run’ and I did and I’ve never looked back. This guy is not into you and I doubt he has anyone else in the picture, his kind are the ‘self love’ type of guys who think the world revolves around them. As you said in your narrative, ‘I believe that no matter how busy someone is, if you are really important to them they will make out time for you.’ Biko, advice yaself.

For amazing stories on blogsphere, visit

• ogboo February 15, 2016 at 8:35 pm

I am a doctor and I know how stressful it is. Anyone who says it’s not stressful is not being truthful. I lost my girlfriend during my housemanship because of this kind of ill advice. I will advice you to thread with caution and above all remember that PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

• Nicez February 15, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Thank you, very much a lot of advice been offered don’t even consider the guys situation. It is really stressful for Doctors especially during housmanship.

• Miss pee February 16, 2016 at 9:06 am

So are you justifying that silly comment he made about her missing him ain’t coincidental? Biko kwa. All I’ll say lady you’re wearing the shoe and you know where it pinches. Wisdom is very profitable to direct.

• Cindy February 16, 2016 at 9:10 am

Abeg, like we don’t all know people that do housemanship and still show care. My sister’s ex still kept in touch regularly with me that is not the boo o, just imagine how much he kept in touch with boo. I honestly don’t like people who form busy. Who is not busy? Mtchew.

• miini February 16, 2016 at 4:31 pm

I met my boyfriend during his housejob at d time of which I was a medical student. He was busy, I was busy. He had a girlfriend at d time whom he called EVERYDAY. Love and duty demands dt certain responsibilities such as communicating for d sake of keeping a relationship alive be carried out. Now ehn I know when I tell him I’m busy I’m just miffed at something and don’t wanna talk, but he is never too busy for me.

Forget all that talk, pple marry during housejob. They weren’t too busy to marry. Ur Bobo aint just that into u. U even had to travel to see him d 1st time and u met on fb…..hmmm.

On a final note, there are ALWAYS nurses and patients skitting these doctor boys and d young ones enjoy all d attention. These myt well be the case with ur Bobo. Like everyone has said, nne run for ur life. Relationship aint meant to be a cause of high blood pressure!

• Tosin February 15, 2016 at 8:41 pm

If you feel like calling somebody to talk to them, call them. If they pick up and speak with you, thank God/them for giving you what you want.
    If you’re looking for a situation where someone’s obsessed with you or whatever, no this person is not. What was the question again? You want to marry? Ask him. He’ll probably say no. Maybe not.

• ForTheRightsOfMen February 15, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Speaking as a man, he is not really interested in you. Sorry perhaps that is not what you want to hear but it is the truth. Men fight to protect their territory – it is in our dna. This guy probably sees you as a friend not yet as someone he wants to marry. But as a lady you have taken the intent too far into courtship, relationship or marriage. The is busy, you are not his babe. If you are then it means he is courting you hopefully translating into a marriage. But you aren’t. So he can afford not to call you. There is no man that I know that wont call the woman that in his heart he knows that he wants to marry. It is not in the dna of men to ignore your missing rib when you find her. My advice, treat this guy as a friend and not as a boyfriend and your headaches will go away. You are rushing things and hurting yourself. Enough said.

• Tosin February 15, 2016 at 10:10 pm

I’m really asking now. If you’re already in love, how do you slow down? Stop abruptly, hurt self. Stop slowly, hurt self. Which is worse?

• Ello Bae February 15, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Best advice on here. I am in a somewhat similar situation but this your comment has given me sense.

• SANDRA February 16, 2016 at 9:51 am

thanks for your wonderful reply. my dear forget him. i just broke up with a guy like that, always busy 4 me, tho he claims to love me. i decided to snoop on his twitter and saw that he was quite active there during the day. Told him off on vals day, can’t settle for less than 100%. I DESERVE IT

• Blueberry February 15, 2016 at 10:30 pm

My mom used to say “you don’t have to hear the key turn in the lock to know that the door has been shut on you.” That silly response he gave you,my dear, is your queue to leave.

• ber February 16, 2016 at 3:50 pm

• Blueberry February 17, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Lord have mercy,@ber thanks for the correction. Smh, so silly. Wrong use of the word there.

• Papermoon February 15, 2016 at 11:59 pm

It might be stressful as you say but it doesn’t prevent a person from expressing how they truly feel about someone they love does it? You can still find the words like
    ‘i love you ‘
    ‘i miss you too”
    ” you know what, I work from 4:30 am to 12 midnight.. And I REALLY LOVE YOU….so I will call you when I close and we will talk till one of us falls asleep”
    Yet He is not giving any assurances or making any commitments.

• Kendall February 16, 2016 at 12:15 am

Girl, u haven’t found ‘the one’. That’s not him so don’t waste your time only to end up exhausted while the guy had moved on since 19 kokoro. Forget him and keep living your life. Develop yourself. Never wait for any man. You are too fabulous and special for that shit.

• jummai February 16, 2016 at 8:33 am

you have been dating yourself forget it and move on cos it takes two to tango………

• adesuwa February 16, 2016 at 8:44 am

Irony! Irony! Irony! Here’s someone loving somebody so much & here I am, I can’t even find someone I love. Infact kosi” feelings rara. Since 2012, its been “No love” & a lot of brothers have come amoh” I feel saying yes to them is like deceiving them. Now there’s a brother right now, whom I think I like but I feel I will hurt him but I think I love him 4 d 1st time in ages, yeah!!! But I just don’t know y I can’t say yes, I juz de make life hard brother. Funny enough, brother has told me to do whatever makes me happy, I shouldn’t do love out of pity. I love this man, but the fear of my past is killing me. So may GOD help us all sister. We all need help!

• kemi February 16, 2016 at 1:14 pm

i am a firm believer that if you are important to someone, he/she will do all they can to communicate with you…… dear, dont hang on too tight, plus you didnt mention if you guys have met at all…..

• Amaka d igbo chic February 16, 2016 at 2:45 pm

i have just one question for dis poster…did he ask u out? Asin to be his girlfriend, or u just assume u are dating him, let’s be honest and tell ourselves d truth cos dis is what happens when a guy thinks a lady is being pushy or desperate, they just stay low and observe…. take a chill pill, be patient with him and relax, if he doesn’t call or message u don’t call or message him either. don’t chase after him, keep ur cool, do ur thing, live ur life like he doesn’t exist. Give him time and if u dnt notice any change, my dear just forget him and move on, a better man that really deserves u will find u. In all i wish u best of luck.

• Yemi February 16, 2016 at 4:09 pm

Babe you sef, how can you start a relationship without meeting the person in real life first? What if the pictures on Facebook were fake? Again you were the first person who travelled all the way to his base the very first time you guys met; what stopped him from coming over? What if the guy was a ritualist or kidnapper? I still don’t understand why a lady will care less about her safety just because she’s eager to be in a relationship. Seems like you are the one doing most of the work in this relationship, hope you aren’t desperate. It looks like the guy has already gotten what he wants and is over you already. Please take it slowly next time and at least make him do some work biko.

• lola caret February 16, 2016 at 4:25 pm

U guys met on facebook…u went to see him in port Harcourt first and not him coming to see u first in Lagos. He doesn’t obviously you”re d only one in love . he is obviously not in love with you. My husband is consultant now but when we started dating, he was doing his housemanship and believe u me no matter d little time he was free he always called to say hi…it could even be wen he sits down to eat in d cafeteria or on his way to d parking lot….so my sister… Homeboy is not into u,but seems you don’t want to get the message

• Love February 16, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Thank you @ Amaka, the thing is I’m going through the same thing and what you said woke me up. This guy I’m talking about never really ask me out. I only assumed because he made me talk to his mum and little sister most times. He only ask ” when are we getting married, when I became governor or president will u b my first lady?, and so many other things that made me assume we were dating already. All these times he had no job, but now that he has, he’s too busy 4 for me and even weekends he forget I exist and asked me to always remind him. I’m going through pains now but from what I’ve read so far I’m moving on. Thanks 2 you all

• Chukwuka February 16, 2016 at 7:06 pm

It’s so good loving somebody and somebody loves u back! #EndOfTheNews. Take a clue from these lyrics.

• gurl_wendy February 17, 2016 at 9:26 am

I think you shouldn’t just throw out the relationship fast, I think you should have patience, observe him a bit and if he’s not up to par with what you want for your self or is unwilling to change then throw him out. One of my closest friends that’s a guy started housejob before us, at the beginning he was still all happy and would call all of us with at least 30 minute calls sef, but when he entered obstetrics and gynecology unit, oh boy he stopped calling, during the week he was in labor unit he didn’t even respond to anybodys messages, afterwards he told us how stressful it was and he didn’t even have time for himself, how one time he worked for 72hrs straight and felt like dying or was it when he was in renals unit and was on call everyday for a month and would have to resume work 8am everyday, sometimes doctors find it hard to marry outside the profession because not many are willing to understand what we go through or they think we exaggerate and we are “narcissistic” like that fellow, I think you should be patient with him for a bit, and observe him then if he doesn’t change chuck him out, cause how busy they are usually depends on the unit they are in at that point.

• Straw February 17, 2016 at 2:18 pm

to face the truth, I have never dated a medical practitioner before. but I will advice you to be patient with him. give him time because he might be seriously busy like u said.

• mhee February 19, 2016 at 1:21 am

Biko all this stuff about how busy a doctor on houseJob is no folo at alllll….me i’m in med school,it can be crazy oo, and I know house officers are busy…. e no reach to Fashi ya sweetiee at allll…i’m in a relationship with a medical doctor who works 24hrs twice a week, and 48hrs on one weekend per month plus normal work days oo…bhet Omo he has never let My missing him and his missing me not to coincide…(Omo dis line from d guy is EPIC!!…loool) if not for anything sef,he is supposed to be communicating with you more now,to help him relieve hospital stress(dats if you mean anything to him)….Nne remove your sandals and run cuz in this case, “the ground ua standing on is not holy”…e no pure cha cha cha

• mhee February 19, 2016 at 1:35 am

For the uncle that lost his girlfriend during housejob cuz of “advice” given to her…..nna check yourself well…2 things are involved…is either you been no de try at allllll( cuz I know some ladies can be patient for Africa and cope with your busy schedule) OR God delivered you from the potential disaster waiting to happen in d name of a relationship…sooo nna Checkee ya ofuma” @ogboo