News

BELLA NAIJA AFRICA FASHION WEEK – DAY 3

BellaNaija.com

Hey everyone! Wow! Its Day 3 of our lil’ fashion week already….I hope u guys have been enjoying the collections so far….Everyone seemed to luv the African Mosaique collection from yesterday…I did too! This is a lil’ different from the others, check it out and let me know what u think…..ur comments r sooo important…….We’ll start voting tomorrow…Let’s Go! ENJOY

BELLA NAIJA AFRICA FASHION WEEK – UGANDA – SYLVIA OWORI

THE DESIGNER – SYLVIA OWORI

Sylvia Owori is the founder and creative director of her eponymous clothing label. She is one of today’s leading figures in East Africa’s media, modelling, advertisement and fashion industries, famous for both her entrepreneurial skills as well as for her creative talent.
Sylvia has just been selected as one of the ten designers to dress a Nokia Face of Africa finalist in Sun City this August. She is also the creator of a glossy East African women’s magazine,
African Woman. Click HERE to visit the Sylvia Owori website.

Fun Fact: The model in the main photograph is Kaone Kario from Botswana. She was 2005 Nokia Face of Africa winner…….as part of her prize, she was given a modelling contract with Storm Models South Africa worth US $125000…..well, Storm SA went bust this year!! So her contract was cancelled, she is now signed with Zero Models, Cape Town and is doing really well in SA……Just goes to show that all is not what it seems……we really have to give Oluchi props because she is about the only Face of Africa winner that has done really well internationally……Anyway, I think Kaone is gorgeous! For her Zero Models portfolio, click HERE

I usually don’t like monochromatic collections but I think this one has a classic flavour so it makes up for the lack of colour.
Hot or Not? Classic or Boring? Striking or washed-out? What do u guys think?

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. UnNaked Soul

August 10, 2006 at 12:47 pm

Hot chick this Sylvia Owori babe. Her designs have a whole lot of western influence, but its good to see an African Woman doing things. But If I may ask, what exactly is the “African” style? anyways, waiting to make my pick… she’s on my list for now sha…

blog on!!!

2. Aba Boy

August 10, 2006 at 1:29 pm

Another excellent post. Ever thought of running your own fashion magazine…or doing something online…apart from your blog?

3. Mari

August 10, 2006 at 2:38 pm

her collection in one word “CLASSIC”. I love it.
    Good job Bella. Been following ure fashion week. Just waiting til the end to pick a fav.

4. Adaure

August 10, 2006 at 2:52 pm

NOt as hot as the one from Day two but still hot. I am really not a fan of black and white either.

5. naijagal

August 10, 2006 at 2:54 pm

i like her style but yesterday was hot! check out this cool new blog http://www.fashionistaguide.com

let me know how we can vote oh!

6. Dimples

August 10, 2006 at 3:07 pm

I like… but same as everyone else yesterday’s own was FAB…and Yes aba boy I conqur..this babe have a look o!!! there might just me an opportunity or opportunities in Naija infact sef AFRICA!!!!

FAB blog

7. Biodun

August 10, 2006 at 3:20 pm

The outfits r nice, but I guess I am not so feeling the black n white color. Yesterday’s was too HOTT!!!

8. Miss TiMi

August 10, 2006 at 3:24 pm

Im not blown away with Sylvia’s stuff. Itz not the color that gets to me cause i personally think that B&W is HOT! but i dno im not that impressed by the stuff. For instance I dont particuallary fancy the polka dotted dresses and i love polka dots so…i dno…I wont lie tho, there are a couple of the outfits i cud see myself wearing…TO PROM! haha

9. Omolabake

August 10, 2006 at 4:10 pm

The outfits have would been nicer if it had some elements of Africa in it…..don’t y’all think….?

@BellaNaija and Dammie…Thanks oooo….
    My B’day was fun….went out to eat at some fine dinning resturant…did not worth the money sha….just the views and the ambience was worth it. Had couple of friends around later for finger food.

10. zaiprincesa

August 10, 2006 at 4:18 pm

hmm…not bad…very monochromatic..but still elegant all the same!

11. JJ

August 10, 2006 at 4:39 pm

Nice! Love the first and fourth number. Doesn’t that Kanoe model look like Nnenna from ANTM at first glance esp. from dat shot? Or maybe it’s just me.Been loving ur fashion wk so far, keep it coming lady.

12. Onada

August 10, 2006 at 5:06 pm

i’m torn between yesterdays collection and todays!!!

13. Dammie

August 10, 2006 at 6:18 pm

Hmmmmmmmm, trying to figure out what I feel…not sure.

14. Anonymous

August 10, 2006 at 6:23 pm

Preferred day 2. Not bad though. Enjoying Fashion week here on the your Blog spot 🙂

15. PSB

August 10, 2006 at 6:24 pm

16. Anonymous

August 10, 2006 at 7:18 pm

the fabric. UGGHHH, it’s the fabric. her collection looks okay from afar, but looking at the clothes upclose makes me nervous. LOL…

17. Ehi

August 10, 2006 at 11:39 pm

Hmm….it’s just OK..not too thrilled about her designs…

As at now, Anna has my vote..

18. exception

August 11, 2006 at 3:35 am

Dayum these models all have ‘strong’ faces sha!
    but lol i’ve always african mosaique.

19. Anonymous

August 11, 2006 at 4:51 am

Hey girl, this is from ur fellow Fggc Osha Alumni.I really love ur blog page.
    Like all the fashion pix and I am proud of my african sister, they are all doing a great job.
    Keep up the good work.

20. Bella Naija

August 11, 2006 at 5:21 am

Huh….fellow fggc alunmi? I didnt graduate from there but glad u luv d blog (: