News

BN Prose: In Pursuit of Bottega Veneta by ‘Kemji Ojiji

I lie lazily on the bed and watch Kamsi throw in her day’s wages into this really big nude colored bag. She’s been gone all day and would not answer her phone or even reply my texts. Then she comes home with bundles of Naira notes and two bundles of hundred dollar notes as well. “I owe you dinner; nwanne m. Didn’t mean to abandon you. My uncle is in town. The one I told you I work for? Had to go and balance some accounts. So I was tied down all day. Ndo”. Her eyes are darting around the room and she carefully avoids eye contact while gesticulating ever so intensely. All signs of a chronic liar. I’ve been watching Lie to Me and Lightman has taught me a couple of things. Well wetin concern agbero with overload? My friend wants to buy me dinner, so be it!

“Nne, you can’t go out like that o. Please wear shorts or something trendier,” Kamsi said as she shooed me back into the room and emptied my little box. “Adaobi Okafor, you no carry baffs come? You never know who you’ll meet in this town. Hmmm…,” she picks through my little box as though I was a village girl who just arrived Lagos on a boy-boy mission. This annoys me, but I try to hold my own. “Kamsi, we are going to eat, aren’t we? I came here for a meeting and so I packed for that. Leave me alone jare”. I pull my box from her grip and ignore the silly smirk on her face as I take one last glance at myself. Not bad at all. I am wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a Hawes and Curtis shirt that flatters my lithe figure. To elevate my 5feet 7 frame, I wear heels and carry a complimentary cheap (but not cheap-looking) version of a Birkin bag. For an average working class girl, I don’t look bad.

Dinner turns out okay and I relish my Spaghetti Carbonara. We are at an Italian restaurant, Il Soriso, in Lagos. Unfortunately, it’s a bad one for her as she does not know or like anything on the menu. She manages to eat some Spaghetti Bolognese but she does not enjoy it one bit. We share a bottle of Veuve Cliquot and relive our Federal Government Girls’ College Owerri days. We haven’t seen each other in 15years. We reconnected on Facebook last year, but our busy lives still made a physical reunion impossible till now. I live in Portharcourt and she, in Lagos. On our way out, she picks up a bowl of Nkwobi from Yellow Chilli, an upscale African restaurant, next door. We reminisce on our teenage years when we would scale the school fence to go to Kamsi’s mother’s pepper soup joint to enjoy isi-ewu and nkwobi. On Okigwe road, Kamsi’s mother’s goat meat pepper soup was the most popular and I could testify that it was to die for! However, it wasn’t only the pepper soup that took us there, but also the constant flow of fine boys from FUTO. That gradually steers us to the one topic I’ve been avoiding.

“Nne, I heard some things on the facebook group, but I thought it best to ask you first.” The words are heavy and I don’t even know if I am doing the right thing. She shoots me a look I cannot define, and bluntly says, “You want to know whether I am an aristo girl or not, okwa ya? Who is an aristo girl? What gives any of those self-righteous pretentious girls the right to judge me? Please you are here to have a good time, don’t bother yourself with gossip!” She does a sharp 180° turn and next thing I know, we are at Caliente dancing the night away. She buys a bottle of Dom Perignon and whispers in my ear, “Let me treat you like an aristo would.” We laugh and keep dancing till the wee hours of the morning. I feel so sleepy and so does Kamsi, so we climb into her Range Rover Sport to take a quick nap before heading to her VGC home. Thank God it’s Saturday morning, so I can sleep in tomorrow before heading back to PH.
Kamsi says she has to go to her uncle’s place again on Saturday afternoon. Her purple shorts and matching killer heels tell me she must have a lot of “work” to do at her uncle’s place. I ask no further questions and decide to go do some shopping while she is gone. She recommends some shops. I know I will not go to those places where a pair of jeans costs NGN40,000.00 and above and a pair of shoes cost as much as my monthly salary. She drops me off at the Red Cab Park and heads off to her ‘office’. As I get out of her car, she dips her hand into the nude colored bag and pulls some NGN1000 notes. “How much do you think your cab will cost, eh Nne? “I’m fine, my dear. I got it covered.” I smiled and rubbed the back of my friend’s palm. She was still the same kind hearted girl I met many years ago. “Sweetie, money is to be spent. Don’t be shy o!” We laugh and I slam the car door shut.

It hurts that my one time best friend is now a stranger. There are many pieces of the puzzle that don’t fit. She lives in a house that costs millions, fully equipped with a cook, security man and a maid to do the cleaning. She has a Range Rover Sport and a Kia Optima. Kamsi dresses in very expensive clothes and her shoes and bags are all expensive and tongue-twisting Italian or French designers. My dear friend studied Botany, and whatever accounts she was balancing in her uncle’s office; I had no clue. Her mother still sells pepper soup in Owerri and lives in a house that isn’t worthy to be Kamsi’s servant quarters’. This is a woman who raised three kids from the money she got running a beer parlor. Kamsi is the first of three, and her dad died in a car accident when she was 6 years old. Well, as I said earlier, wetin concern agbero with overload!

“Adaobi Okafor, you have to meet me at Westfoster…”, Kamsi rattled on before I cut her short.
“Why do you keep calling my first name and last name like some school teacher reprimanding an errant child? Please drop that FGGC thing biko, my name is Adaobi… Ada for short”
“Hia! Oyibo! Please “Ada for short”, get a cab and say you’re going to Queens’ drive, Ikoyi. Once you get on Queens’ drive call me and I will give you directions. I need you to meet some people. Hurry babes…mwaaah!” Before I could ask any further questions, she was off the phone and I knew my plans of leaving Lagos that day just flew out the window. Anyway, won’t hurt to have an extra day of fun. After all, what was so exciting about the PH I was running back to? Shopping in tow, I hailed a red cab and headed for Ikoyi.

What I saw when I got to Westfoster Habour was for want of a better word, appalling! Men who were my father’s mates were wining and dining by the poolside with girls their daughters’ ages or even younger. Apparently, some South-West Governor was having a low-key birthday party and roughly 60 people were invited. His fellow politicians were in attendance; almost all of them had a young girl on his lap. My heart went out to their poor knees probably fighting or getting ready to fight arthritis. “Kamsi, what are we doing here?” I eventually found my tongue after we had made our rounds saying hello to Kamsi’s ‘friends’. “Well, you wanted to know if I was an aristo girl or not. You have your answer, don’t you? Governor is my “Uncle” and these are his friends. Please don’t disgrace me o. I brought you here to have your share of the national cake. You should count yourself lucky. Girls will pay good money to get into a party like this. It is strictly for the bigger girls and you’re here because I’m Governor’s babe!” my friend’s bluntness and the wild glint in her eyes scared me. I don’t know if I was mad at not being told beforehand that I was coming to such a sleazy gathering, or if I was mad that she was speaking to me with such disrespect. Anyway, I was here, I might as well feed my eyes.

I hoped against hope that the pot-bellied old man with the funny hat and clumsy gait wasn’t coming to sit with me. I was enjoying the cool night air and sipping my red wine. The finger food was grand and I was enjoying my own company. Too late, Mr. Funny Hat came and sat next to me. I managed the weakest smile available and nodded my head. Whatever that meant!
“Why are you by yourself young lady?” he asked with a heavily accented baritone.
“Nothing Sir. I am just fine, thank you”
“My name is Chief Obafemi Omowale Stephen Owolabi, His Excellency, the Governor of Ando State, heir apparent to the throne of Kabiyesi in Ikesha kingdom, I am very pleased to make your acquaintance”
Stifling the laughter that almost choked me, I said, “The pleasure is entirely mine”, and took his hand. To my disgust, he raised it to his lips and in a bid to be gentlemanly, bathed my hand with saliva. I snatched my hand and rendered another weak smile as I dug in my bag for my hand sanitizer.
Kamsi walked up to me and dragged me by my upper arm, excusing us as we stepped aside. “Are you crazy? Did I bring you here to steal my man? What on earth are you doing with Governor?” she barked at me, her eyes almost going green!

I had tried to be calm in the midst of all the madness around me and up to this point had let Kamsi act and speak as she pleased. But accusing me of wanting to snatch that frog? This was the height! “Excuse me young lady, YOU are out of your mind! In case you do not know, I find all this repulsive and only stayed back out of respect, support… whatever, for you. I don’t give a rat’s ass about your pot-bellied, bush…”
“Don’t you dare!” she yelled and accompanied that with a resounding slap!

I think I saw stars and those stars led me to slap Kamsi as hard as I could. In no time, we were tugging at each other and the crowd looked on in excitement. The old men finally had some real entertainment. Wanting to destroy something of Kamsi’s that’ll hurt, I tried her hair. The lace wig seemed to be glued to her skull. When that didn’t work, I tried to snatch the handbag that she clung to with such loyalty even in the heat of our fight. I finally snatched it from her and threw it into the pool. My friend screamed like a wounded lion, “MY BOTTEGA VENETA!” and she jumped into the pool.
It took a millisecond for me to remember that Kamsi had an intense fear for water and simply refused to learn to swim. As I watched her grapple in the pool, I realized that hadn’t changed. I started screaming, “Please help her; she can’t swim!” I couldn’t swim either and I cried and cried as I begged these men. Finally, one of the young girls took off her shoes and jumped into the pool. By then, my friend was breathing funny and I was so scared that her lungs were filled with water. It wasn’t supposed to end this way. I carried Kamsi, on my own, my size 8 frame lifted every inch of her size 12 body filled with water. I got a ride from the girl who jumped in to save her, and we rushed her to a small clinic I remembered on Keffi Street. She seemed unconscious and I was so scared. I kept praying that it wouldn’t end this way.

Twenty four hours later, resuscitated and physically okay, the first thing Kamsi asked me was, “Where is my Bottega Veneta?” I reached under the hospital bed and handed it to her. I stared at her long and hard, picked up my bag and walked away. This wasn’t my scene. I had deadlines to meet at work and sanity waiting for me in PH. I went straight to the airport from the hospital. I’d sort out getting my bags later. After all, they weren’t Bottega Veneta…

1. kits...

October 27, 2010 at 6:41 am

oh My!!!! I hope this is fiction though..if not its a very sad story… Her soul is gone, pls love her enough to continue praying for her, her story is a tragedy right now…very well written!

2. in love or not

October 27, 2010 at 6:56 am

Hahahahaha! This is sooo funny! Why ada dey judge d babe? Aftall, she didn not hide it and she’s living a very good life if u ask me! Its far better than marrying some guy who will keep u in poverty yet cheat on u and treat u wit disrespect! Just my own 2kobo! Have a nice day peeps…

• bcgeorge

October 27, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I cant judge a character but with your post, i think( sowi) that you are familiar with the terrain too or maybe you are thinking in that direction…….ask yourself, is your dignity worth all the money and material things in this world? pray for a good man(marraige) and you wld agree with that aristoism, after all said and done, is nothing but a cheap and ridiculous way to fame and prosperity.
      regards.

• Alero

October 29, 2010 at 12:08 pm

plus PROSTITUTION.

3. IyawoBankyWNumer0Uno

October 27, 2010 at 7:21 am

ooo first time that im first…YAY

but sadly this is the fate of many young girls in Nigeria, very disturbing 🙁 both men and women alike.

and Kamsi making trouble because of a man? Really?!? esp when he isnt even yours to begin with, bear in mind that he has one or several wives at home, not to mention the other young girls he is banging(he is licking your friends hand in your very ‘befront’ why wouldnt he do it when you are not looking…

this is an epidemic 🙁 very sad 🙁

4. Ogo

October 27, 2010 at 7:28 am

lol!!! Ando state ke??? Under G ooo!!!! Is dis a true story????hmmmm!! nice sha..

5. fokasibe

October 27, 2010 at 7:34 am

[email protected] My Bottega Veneta!… Cracked me up!

• Kaya

November 26, 2010 at 9:20 pm

imagining jumping into d pool in pursuit of d bag, cracked me up…plus d babe cldnt even swim…..wharahelll!!!!!

6. the villager

October 27, 2010 at 7:36 am

“WHERE IS BOTTEGA VENETA?”Ha ha ha ha …a beautiful piece,you just started my day on a good note.
    Thanks Kemji and Bella Naija..una too much

7. Jack

October 27, 2010 at 7:39 am

1st!

8. Ginika

October 27, 2010 at 7:42 am

OH, I like… Bella your my daily fix at work along with studying my bible 🙂 Nicely written Kemji Ojiji.

9. C'est moi

October 27, 2010 at 7:46 am

Wow! Its so sad how ppl change and how most naija girls (YES!) these days have decided to be very materialistic. Lets see where all this will land them at the end now. I love looking great and do not joke when it comes to fashion. But not to the extent of being an aristo. God forbid! They still dont get the whole gist “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and ALL other things will be added unto you. If she died, someone else would have taken over the “Bottega Veneta”, lol. Its a big pity for all these so called aristos. Deceiving themselves and living in darkness.

• Ginika Egwuonwu

October 28, 2010 at 8:04 am

Ay! It is a double edged sword. The love of materialistic things is mostly as a result of peoples desire to live the good life, a stress free life because our government cant provide the basics for its citizen. Its the government’s fault however it is not an excuse for anything it is only a pushing force that ONE can decide to resist. You go overseas and the same things we consider to be tosh and posh an ordinary citizen/almost poor citizen can afford it.

Love Nigeria and its people and thus it breaks my heart when things like this and alot more happens. So I have learnt that one person cannot change the country overnight but collectively, alot can be done in a shorter period (compared to what one person can do.). We need the right people at the right places in power. I wish that most of us in economic diaspora will at somepoint comeback home to roll up our sleeves and take off our Jimmy choos (collectively) to get hands-on with NIGERIA our beloved country.

Have you guys noticed how we are just special and different anywhere we go?! The way we think, the way we are etc. We contribute and make other peoples countries great! I believe in stepping out of Nigeria to learn and gain a broader perspective on life and to also get the necessary skills practised by these countries and have worked for them; then comeback when we are ready to make Nigeria better.

I have gone through the phase of hating everything Nigerian, looking down on and judging Her and now, I’m at the phase were I feel like that is my country so back-off with your negative remarks because we know what is wrong and some of us are working on Her.

10. Ayo

October 27, 2010 at 7:47 am

Wow! Really enjoyed this. Well done Kemji.

11. bignaijababe

October 27, 2010 at 7:54 am

nice one!!!!! really makes me think about where our priorities lie……………………..

12. ema

October 27, 2010 at 8:20 am

interesting read…i hope there is a part 2?

• mary007

October 28, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Part two? Na wa oh wetin you wan read again?
      This is a well written piece, fiction or not, stories like this make me love BN

13. uhm

October 27, 2010 at 8:25 am

lol

14. lustre

October 27, 2010 at 8:32 am

he,he,he,hu,hu,hu. very interesting and entertaining. what a way to kick start work today’s work. my bottega venetta

15. stephsteph

October 27, 2010 at 8:36 am

i love it

16. sassycassie

October 27, 2010 at 8:56 am

LOLOLOLOLOl all over the place!!!!

17. jennifer

October 27, 2010 at 8:58 am

this is wonderful.i enjoyed every bit of it.lmao @my bottega veneta

18. Den

October 27, 2010 at 9:14 am

noice!!!!

19. LOL

October 27, 2010 at 9:25 am

lovely….a gr8 way to start a day. Am still laughing…………………..

20. ajs

October 27, 2010 at 10:12 am

A few TYPOS here and there…..besides that ….it was off the chain…lol

21. remmy

October 27, 2010 at 11:32 am

looooll … still laughing out loud unfortunately, all my oyinbo colleagues dont get the jist (they are all addicted to BN by the way.. thanks to me… )i love being nigerian jare!!!
    fantastic piece you’ve got there… A good start to the day…….. now back to my reports..
    Thanks BN! y’all rock!

22. lustre

October 27, 2010 at 12:24 pm

i imagine she’d say “where is my bottega Veneta” in d accent Suliat of Ayetoro would say “Wot r u doin in ma pari” or better still Di Fi Ho (meanin DPO)

• mariaah

October 28, 2010 at 1:00 am

lmao…

23. sway

October 27, 2010 at 12:28 pm

lol…quiet interesting.

24. WaleAdeniji

October 27, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Just yesterday i read on bellanaija a story titled OBSESSED that more or less deal with women not finding the right man for themsleves.

25. Femi

October 27, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Very good write up !

26. WaleAdeniji

October 27, 2010 at 12:51 pm

This is one of the reasons.

27. bcgeorge

October 27, 2010 at 1:15 pm

humh, quite an amusing story(albeit fiction) but also a reality of what is happening in Nigeria now.
    i don’t really wanna judge anybody(i no holy pass) but what is with these girls and Aristo(mostly married men) lately. Seriously, it’s totally annoying that our future wives are this money-bags cheap whores…
    Just like MI rap in his latest track( check www. 360nobs.com),
    Other girls just wanna get rich quick/See them running things like olympics/Married men chopping them like biscuts/Their fast food girls, their fish sticks..

Lawd av mercy on these daughters of Eve…

28. Feddy babe

October 27, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Nkemjika Ojiji! U had to bring FGGC Owerri into this didn’t u? i’d set Mrs. Asuzu on u…lol!Nice one girl…it’s really sad what lengths people (esp girls…boys are no exception o!)would go to just to satisfy material wants. Adaobi Okafor shd go back to her day job and continue to work smart…some day, she’d be able to buy her own Bottega Veneta!

29. Emenike Chinwe

October 27, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Nkem, nice one…

30. LadyTee

October 27, 2010 at 2:43 pm

“Wanting to destroy something of Kamsi’s that’ll hurt, I tried her hair….”.
    LMAO- I don die o! That sentence says so much about aristos and their love for materialistic bullsh*t!

31. Gorgeous

October 27, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Quite pathetic what length’s girls go to, to be big. I mean, she couldn’t even help her mother out of poverty a little. Even more pathetic is how she jumped into a pool because of a bag. Shows how much work she put into getting that bag and how selfish and ridiculous she is.lmao. If she was that special to the Governor, it shouldn’t be a problem for him to buy another one instantly now. So sad how girls let themselves become slaves to material things, at the risk of disease, bad names and even their lives at the hand’s of these men’s wives. And BTW was i the only one that checked out the Veneta website.LOL! Guess some people will be struggling to buy it now, thanks to kemji.haha

32. yinka

October 27, 2010 at 3:43 pm

hey,i luv the story(guess,its fiction,right?) very well told.funny as hell.

33. The Bola

October 27, 2010 at 4:09 pm

excellent read

34. Moigal

October 27, 2010 at 4:10 pm

this is the next best thing i’ve read on BN since ‘rain’! well done Kemji!

35. dre

October 27, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Great article…sadly very true of Nigeria today. Men and Women whoring to make a few bucks…i know things are tight but whatever happened to having morals and principles? as for the big bellied men they have kids too abi? karma is a mutha!

36. icing M

October 27, 2010 at 5:01 pm

LoL i just googled Bottega veneta! poor babe she “gast to be big by force”

37. Gam

October 27, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Nice story till the fight part, that was so unreal..Anyways i get the gist, funny.

38. Tommy B

October 27, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Lovely piece Kemji, I love that you drew your story from something that a lot of us city fellas are familiar with. You’re probably one of the few to put the arito culture in prose, your piece is very reflective of contemporary Nigeria.

39. me again

October 27, 2010 at 5:37 pm

lol

40. lizzy

October 27, 2010 at 5:43 pm

lovely story kemji, am like ur biggest fan rite now…..lol. keep it up and if its a true story, i wish ur friend comes to her senses soonest.

41. Ujei

October 27, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Hahahahahahahaha…..
    Nkem, i love it!

42. RMG

October 27, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Fantastic peice…well written.

43. Arinze

October 27, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I see why she jumped in after that bag…1000.00+ for a bag 0_o people pay that much on rent and mortgage!!!

44. [email protected]

October 27, 2010 at 7:08 pm

NKEMJIKA OJIJI!!! bn ages!!! i’m always proud of my set girls wen i see dem doin nice works like u jst wrote, d touch of FGGC Owerri, okigwe road,… made me feel soooo connectd!!! nice 1! GO GIRL!!!

• Kemji

October 27, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Thanks. pls who is this?

45. someoneoutder

October 27, 2010 at 7:09 pm

“The pleasure is entirely mine”, and took his hand. To my disgust, he raised it to his lips and in a bid to be gentlemanly, bathed my hand with saliva. I snatched my hand and rendered another weak smile as I dug in my bag for my hand sanitizer.”…..One wonder to wot extent some ladies will go, dey don’t even get irritated wit some attitude dis old men put up, infact dey will embrace it wit so much pleasure even some will lick d saliva…how disgusting. Lord help us….Nice write up.

46. Aibee

October 27, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Where is my botega veneta? lol

47. ebi

October 27, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Great story, would be interested to know your source (if it wasn’t personal experience). It hits the nail on the head to show how decayed our society is now, just hope your able to change a few people with your stories. Keep it up.

48. Grace

October 27, 2010 at 8:34 pm

nice write up…..some of the dialogue sounded a lil “nollywood-ish” but its still a good story……..2 in 5 young ladies indulge in this…….sad

• Joohls

October 27, 2010 at 9:23 pm

and where did you get that 2 in 5 data crap you’ve just quoted?

• ebi

October 27, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Grace unfortunately there are no statistics to back you up but if there were it would be more like 3 out of 5. It has gone viral and is if we don’t put our country together it will only get worse (4 out of 5). Like I said in my previous post I just hope your stories make both female and male folks “aristos” to think twice and do the right thing.

49. Grace

October 27, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Ive personally seen my friend receive 2 million naira all for one round of sex with a rich dude who had a small *cough* Its really really tempting……..It takes God’s grace

• God forgive us all

October 27, 2010 at 11:16 pm

to think i served it up for many rounds to useless men for free…..smh! all in the name of boyfriends. Thanks be to God for morals sha but aren’t all sins equal in the sight of God.
      Not that i am supporting sleeping with men for money though.

• Sbahsa

October 28, 2010 at 1:12 am

I feel you girl…still search for true love after giving it up for free a few times thinking it was love. Might as well charge for the ish and know say no be total loss

• Binti

November 4, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Wow, that is so.. I don’t know. Imagine if I was looking for somebody to sponsor my Masters degree, all I would need to do is sleep with a guy for N2 million. Chei!

50. Justme

October 27, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Captivating piece….

51. MuchLove

October 27, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I love this!
    While I think it’s wrong, I’m not gonna judge ur friend because she is obviously misled and it’s sad. But we live in a materialistic world and this is how she thinks she can make it. I’ll never do it nor recommend it to anyone but I definitely understand

52. dr.cole

October 27, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Started off interesting but somehow turned into a nollywood script. The writer also kept varying between the present and past tense throughout, which gave it a very amateurish feel. Otherwise, decent story.

53. D.O.T.M.H

October 27, 2010 at 11:42 pm

hm… she’s not the first. she won’t be the last.

54. Ada

October 28, 2010 at 12:04 am

@God forgive us all…LMAO!

55. who's that girl?

October 28, 2010 at 1:22 am

Grace, I totally agree with you. Thank God for his mercies

56. Kilonsparkles

October 28, 2010 at 1:41 am

I LOVVVVE THIS! I know someone that would do this funny enough lol. I don’t judge aristo girls, I just feel bad that they need that money so much.

57. mary007

October 28, 2010 at 8:34 pm

loved every bit of it. I once saw a girl faint cos her aristo who promised her a LV bag failed to buy it

58. ify

October 30, 2010 at 2:27 am

Hahaha Bottega ko, veneta ni! But these things do happen!

59. juno

October 31, 2010 at 2:37 am

this is just the saddest ish i tell ya. smh. y’all should’ve waited for the actual bottega to come in spitrit and save her drowning ridiculous ass.

60. ToluLope

November 11, 2010 at 11:32 am

Nice story…got me laughing real hard.
    a gr8 way to start a day. Am still laughing…………………..BOTTEGA VENETA ko ….

61. utcha

November 17, 2010 at 9:29 am

OMG..i have a botega veneta okirika bag…didnt knw it wuz worth jumping into d lagoon for…cos i just bought N800 @ my favorite shopping destination..”oshodi market”…LWKMD…..i’m gnna guard dat bag jealously…LMAO

62. Kay

November 26, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Lwkmd……………gbegborun well presented as fiction….. this is such a true story, its everywhere u look these days…..its sad, i even know girls runzing just to buy human hair…..sooooo much lack of dignity its unbelievable…i just wish we’d see ourselves for the beautiful creations dat we r…….All i’d say is if u pray, pls pray for our society to find its feet again!!!! God be wit us all…………

63. africhic

February 24, 2016 at 11:55 am

I just found an old email where i sent the link to this story to someone.