News

“A Tribute to Our Rich Heritage” – Vlisco presents “Hommage a l’art”

Vlisco Hommage a l'Art Campaign - BellaNaija - April2013005

Presenting Vlisco‘s 2nd collection for 2013 – ‘Hommage a l’art‘. Following their ‘Jeu de Couleurs‘ Collection the textile brand has drawn from its Indonesian batik heritage and inspiration form hand-drawn abstract designs to portray this collections designs.

In line with a new focus on craftsmanship, Vlisco has put its iconic designs in the spotlight with a new fabric collection that celebrates their rich design heritage. The collection is themed with calm colour tones and the models are placed on furnishings in beautifully set up surroundings.

They used gold symbols to represent the image of royalty in each frame and decided on a style of photography often used in royal portraiture.

Vlisco Hommage a l'Art Campaign - BellaNaija - April2013006 Vlisco Hommage a l'Art Campaign - BellaNaija - April2013007Vlisco Hommage a l'Art Campaign - BellaNaija - April2013009 Vlisco Hommage a l'Art Campaign - BellaNaija - April2013002 Vlisco Hommage a l'Art Campaign - BellaNaija - April2013001 Vlisco Hommage a l'Art Campaign - BellaNaija - April2013003 Vlisco Hommage a l'Art Campaign - BellaNaija - April2013004 Vlisco Hommage a l'Art Campaign - BellaNaija - April2013008

Photo Credit
Photography: Koen Hauser
Stylist: Maarten Spruyt
For more information on Vlisco visit www.vlisco.com

1. tokestocs

May 3, 2013 at 9:50 am

Vlisco is always so out of touch…they try to hard to be different and in the process miscommunicate with their target audience. Every feature, campaign and ad should have the sole purpose of connecting with your target market, and in my 4 years of keeping tabs on Vlisco, this has only happened once. Thats what happens when foreign companies try to sell to Nigerians. Only Indomie gets it!

• Mama

May 3, 2013 at 10:52 am

My dear you are soooo wrong!!!
      This is what fashion should be like, the styles are relevant ie wearable at least for me yet it stays true to our Africaness in terms of the fabric.
      I personally like them.

• Ready

May 3, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Haha @ “only Indomie gets it”
      On a totally unrelated note, Indomie does get it. So does MTN even though I’d never subscribe to them based on principles. Ribena has lost it. A can?! You want to sell me fruity goodness in a can? Cans are meant for unhealthy, flavored soda…now my childhood pleasure has been relegated to can status, and I can’t get over it. Chikki noodles also doesn’t get it. You want to wrestle me from Indomie and you choose the slogan “Chikki is my friend”? C’mon.

• Zizie

May 6, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I refuse to drink that can ribena o, i will stick with the one in the pack and the bottle…lol

2. sexy mama

May 3, 2013 at 10:35 am

u aint making any sense sha…..the pieces show creativity and most fashion shows dont make pieces u can even wear daily……they are a brand that have come to stay so dont get ur drift abeg

3. Hurperyermie

May 3, 2013 at 10:40 am

OMG the styles are lovely

4. 5'5

May 3, 2013 at 10:43 am

im sorry but you have only been keeping in touch with Vlisco for 4 years.. you know nothing. Ask your grandma who has known them longer than she’s known your mother, her opinion is what is needed here not you who probably calls it ‘ankara”.

• tokestocs

May 3, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Well, Good luck to vlisco is your grandmother is their future target market.

5. mia

May 3, 2013 at 11:37 am

where do they even sell these Vlisco materials in Nigeria?

• 5'5

May 3, 2013 at 11:51 am

Tinapa, Balogun Market, SAS stores ( Lagos) etc etc. And no one is paying me for this adverts sef. There are various various other places in Nigeria that sell as well.

6. 5'5

May 3, 2013 at 11:54 am

I personally think Vlisco is marketing to the wrong crowd trying to get the average lagosian to buy into wearing its producst when they’d rather wear 3k5 ‘ankara’ or when the splurge, it would be on da viva. they should concentrate on the North where they’ve had a market for decades. the North and the East are the people who wear vlisco not the south or west.

• Diva Supreme

May 14, 2013 at 5:24 pm

there is a vlisco outlet off adeniyi jones, ajao road. it is opposite an event centre. call it free advert for them, but I don’t mind. its LKA Fabrics and they’ve got the most mouth watering array of fabrics. they always get my creative juices flowing anytime I go in there and they have all the latest designs of VLISCO,even the ones you don’t see everywhere .OMG, you totally have to visit the place and glam up with vlisco fabrics.

7. DA

May 3, 2013 at 1:26 pm

very nice designs

8. tarara

May 3, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Yes Vlisco were do we get you in Port Harcourt . I love the fabric but i agree with target market miss

9. Adedayo

May 3, 2013 at 4:07 pm

oh,i didn’t even know it was clothes they were show casing
    I was staring at those beautiful props (Arty Vintage) and furniture (the chair with the spear back-LOVE) used in the shoot….Abeg, where did I find those??

The Snail art in the first pic and the shoe art in d 2nd-love

10. Adeola

May 3, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Vlisco always delivering!! Wish I can get my hands on one of these pieces.

11. whocares

May 3, 2013 at 9:55 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont even care who they are targeting or where.. this is absolutely absolutely awesome, and I would wear, no no wearing doesnt do these clothes justice. i would ROCK every single item of clothing in this collection if i got the opportunity.. never heard of vlisco till now.. I shall be googling and getting every bit of information about them from now on.

12. Bisibabe

May 5, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Where can we purchases?

• akonke..

May 14, 2013 at 4:43 pm

there is a vlisco boutique now in ikeja…off adeniyi jones..ajao road to be precise..
      its all vlisco prints in there..chai..this na free advert ooo.but i dont mind sha…cos i dint want to let go,when i went there..
      LKA fabrics been there oncw,,,its breath taking..

• Diva Supreme

May 14, 2013 at 5:21 pm

13. www.faithkel.com

May 6, 2013 at 3:12 am

Wow! Lovely
    pls visit naturalkn.blogspot.com

14. jummy

May 6, 2013 at 10:03 am

vlisco never misses their editorial…always on point. love all the way

15. Maureen

May 6, 2013 at 10:19 am

wre can i get it in abj?

16. obi

May 6, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Vlisco is popularly called Hollandais by the eastern/northern women and are quite expensive. the styles shown can be made with other cheaper fabrics as vlisco/Hollandais is priced from about 15k and above for the genuine ones and 8k to 12 k for the lower quality.

17. obi

May 6, 2013 at 12:02 pm

@maureen, wuse, utako, garki/garki ultramodern, various boutiques also sell them in buja

18. darl

May 8, 2013 at 11:23 am

I THINK THE THING WITH VLISCO IS THE MODELS!!!…THESE KENYAN,ZIMBABWE BABES THEY NEVER LOOK HAPPY…BH U CAN NEVA DENY THE FACT THAT VLISCO BLENDS PRINTS LIKE NONE OTHER & THEIR DESIGNS ARE FABULOUSLY CREATIVE!!!..MI THINKS THEY SLD DO A COLLECTION WITH HAPPIER MODELS FOR A CHANGE!!!…KUDOS..

19. Zero

May 8, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Only commenting cuz i luv my fuchisa coloured square..:)

20. akonke..

May 14, 2013 at 4:48 pm

there is a vlisco boutique in ikeja…off adeniyi jones..ajao road to be precise…
    its an all vlisco ankara store…lovely and breath taking..i dint want to let go,,when i visited..

21. funmilola

May 14, 2013 at 5:09 pm

lka fabrics o….they get correct vlisco products o…in fact e be like say she dey patner with vlisco…they are on adeniyi jones…yep!…ajao raod…no 16..in front of the event centre there..

22. Diva Supreme

May 14, 2013 at 5:16 pm

it isn’t everybody that get Vlisco designs, that goes to show that its not for everybody. They may seem expensive to most people, but for people who value quality, elegance, creativity and style,VLISCO is the way to go. Comparing VLISCO to Daviva is like comparing Rolls Royce with Toyota RAV 4. Toyota is good, but you know Rolls Royce is for making statement, coming out in style and signifies luxury. VLISCO might be out of the league of most people, but they certainly have their fan base, and I am so one of them. so sister, if you prefer cheaper and lower quality Ankara fabrics, good for you. But please don’t diss royalty cos you don’t get it

23. Diva Supreme

May 14, 2013 at 5:40 pm

I fell in love with VLISCO watching their adverts on DSTV, they have a lot of fabulous outfits made out of Ankara. I never knew Ankara could be used for just about anything until VLISCO came on the scene. I have seen ties and waistcoats made out of their fabrics. I have seen red carpet looks, casuals, corporate look made out of these colorful fabrics. and the fact that I can wash it over and over again without the colors running or fading. plus designers can combine it with some other fabrics to make some chic ensemble. I know VLISCO fabrics are a bit pricy, however, they are trying to meet people’s demands by producing 2 and 4 yards of their fabrics. for those of us that wont need the whole 6yds, that’s totally workable and far cheaper.

24. Fravian

May 31, 2013 at 10:08 pm

VLISCOliscoco…….dier print na baba, dier model na lialia, dier dier price na bambam. Y complain abt Ð price? Sme of u buy lace of 30k na. Vlisco ΐƨ affordable jawe. Jst try mix ur wardrobe wiv Vlisco n daviva, u’ll c Ð difference. VLISCO joooo, gba si beh *wink wink*