Music

New Music: Ice Prince Feat. M.I. & Joell Ortiz – Can I Talk

Can I Talk - Ice Prince - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01

Ice Prince premieres a brand new song – Can I Talk.

After gifting us a new song “Tears for Naija” last week – listen here, he’s back with this hip-hop track featuring rap star MI Abaga and Slaughterhouse Puerto Rican rapper Joell Ortiz.

The song is a ChocBoi flavoured one with a dash of Latino in between. It is produced by TMXO, and arranged by UK duo Dabeatfreakz, Sammy Gyang and City Monster.

Listen

1. TruthSpitta

May 20, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Speaking as consumer of rap culture from America ( I was born in Naija and came to the U.S. when I was 4 years old and I’m over 31 now ) – Ice Prince’s verse was so so. Seems that some of the Naija rappers try too hard to sound like rappers from overseas in America. Not hating @ all, Ice Prince tried. Just wasn’t feeling his verse all that much. Joey was average too. M.I., however, went in a bit…shout outs to rappers like Olamide and Reminisce. Keep pushing Naija MC’s. Fall back on all the cussing too, kind of annoying.

2. TruthSpitta

May 20, 2014 at 7:27 pm

& I am 31 years old now

• NIBU

May 20, 2014 at 9:54 pm

There isn’t one kind of hip-hop. Telling us about how you grew up in the United States does not make your knowledge of hip-hop more valid than a young kid that grew up in Mushin in the early 90s listening to Tupac or Wutang clan on his neighbour’s cassette player. I think we should stop putting having homogenous expectations of how African music should sound. Olamide is awesome as is Phyno and other rappers that rap in their indigenous languages. It however doesn’t mean that Iceprince is fake or unworthy of being a rapper because he raps mostly in English. Btw, you should listen to his track with French Montana, he spoke pidgin a lot on that. And the “aboki” track too.

• idomagirl

Onye ara! LOL…

3. mouthmouth

May 21, 2014 at 1:03 am

M.i was better best

4. Mr Shipman

May 21, 2014 at 2:54 am

Ain’t shit wrong if he tryna rap like American dude has got talent and he is good.

5. Tosin

May 21, 2014 at 7:27 am

can I download (this)? thank you.
    (i like it even before listening to it, hehehe)

6. @edDREAMZ

May 21, 2014 at 10:38 am

Dope track no doubt…. Mi killed it…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

7. Elvis sam

June 10, 2014 at 10:33 am

MI remains d African best rapper, Award or no Award.