Features

Atoke’s Monday Morning Banter: Booze Me Up, Scotty

Recently, someone asked me if I missed home, and in a heartbeat, I replied ‘No!’. Then, I paused and thought about it again… I did miss Lagos parties. The whole idea of assessing what event to go to based on the availability of a good DJ, small chops and booze {I wrote an ode to the awesomeness of small chops here}. For me, alcohol has always been a feel good elixir – something to share with friends in a celebratory mood. It is immaterial that when I get a little inebriated I start speaking plenty English and my dormant vocabulary comes to fore.

My earliest memory of alcohol is one of my relatives staggering into the living room one Saturday morning, reeking of puke. As my parents don’t drink, it was my introduction to the effects of booze. It was not a pretty look. Then, when I became a teenager, I went to visit a friend of mine; lo and behold, her Mum had one large bottle of Gulder balanced in front of her.

A couple of years later, I had started taking sips of Gordon Sparks.  My friend’s mother was a Guinness distributor and they had just launched the product. It was sweet, bubbly and it wasn’t something I could do at home – which made me do it even more. As I grew older, I tried spirits and I experimented with different mixers. However, I never got on the Stout & Beers train. Psychologically, they represented that my relative who was always drunk; and I was never able to dispel that picture of my friend’s mum with her big bottle of Gulder. When asked if I drink alcohol I say yes – then I add the caveat ‘social drinker’.

With things like drinking alcohol, some people get into it very early. It’s one of those social habits you pick up or you don’t. Many people I know who drink  got into it in secondary school – from experimenting, to wanting to keep up with other kids. For others who don’t drink, they just never got the hang of the taste of alcohol. For others, they’ve seen how alcohol in excess can affect the lives of people they love. I met a guy many years ago who promised himself he’d never drink alcohol because his father was a drunk. The father, in his drunken state, would come home and beat his mother black and blue. For that guy, alcohol was the enemy.

For some, alcohol is a status thing: we’re up in the club, let’s pop something. The higher the number of opened bottles on your table, the more wild a night you had – thus elevating your status. However, the consumption of booze is not  always  really dependent on economic buoyancy. I mean, look at some ‘Area Boys’ and bus conductors, they find the spirit of their choice within their budget. For many alcohol consumers, it’s largely about the buzz they get from it. Then comes the question of ‘ how much of a buzz is just enough?’ Or ‘when does one stop enjoying the buzz and start nursing nausea?’

As with anything in life, there has to be a cut off point. Sadly, a lot of lives have been lost because people don’t drink in moderation. Also, if you’re going to drive, it’s important that you appoint a sober driver. There’s really no point in playing ‘tinko tinko’ with your life. Even if you do want to risk it, it’s important that you think about other people who might be affected by your decision not to stop when your vision got slightly blurry.

Then, there’s the issue of needing help, knowing you need help & being able to find help. Seeing as alcohol consumption is very prominent in our society today, we need to be open to the idea of getting help for abuse. How does one recognize the traits and where does one go to find help for alcoholism in Nigeria?

I shall sign off on this note. Have a heartily delightful week ahead. Wear sun screen (no, it’s not just for light complexioned people). Hum a happy tune. Remember to keep your head high and be proud of who you are.

Hey, don’t forget to share your Boozy tales with us. This is a safe space, so feel free to share. If you drink alcohol, when did you start? If you’re a teetotaler, tell us why. Oh and share fun stories of times when you got drunk and did something crazy and wild. My friends have got some mad stories… Oh the joy & innocence of youth!

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, love & cupcakes.

Toodles!

Photo Credit: Dreamstime | Monkey Business Images

1. Fashionista

July 21, 2014 at 9:31 am

GORDON SPARKS!!!!! I loved Gordon Sparks, it was delicious and removed the guilt of drinking “actual” alcohol, as young as I was then. Hmmnnnn, me and binge/excessive drinking have long parted ways oh, ever since my friends kitchen party in 2nd year in Uni. After mixing rum, vodka and Jack Daniels, all I remember is three of us friends having an incoherent dialogue around the toilet bowl as we took turns heaving our guts out. Then semi passing out in my friends bed, while one guy that had been toasting me came in and said he just wanted to “see how I was doing”, loool. The way my friend screamed at him ehn! After that, nothing! I woke up the next morning lying next to the dj (who thankfully was my friend), under the dj table. Omo, it was a deadly (but fun) night!

NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Ima

July 21, 2014 at 9:44 am

Thanks Fashionista, you just made my day! Lol.. It must have been a really crazy night.

2. AlabamaU2Blog

July 21, 2014 at 9:38 am

I love to read your write-up. Always interesting!

3. Neo

July 21, 2014 at 9:53 am

Ah! this is my forte. I am from Bayelsa and as the saying goes “fish nor dry drown for water” As with everything else, i drink what i like and since i have a sweet tooth i am big on cocktails. I love Strawberry daiquiris so much i learned how to make them! I always have a bottle of Baileys, De Kuypers Watermelon Liquer, kagor and wild vines in my fridge. Then I was initiated into the cult of JD and coke by a friend, but my all time fave is my good friend Remy! Remy was there for me in the early days of menstrual cramps. Forget it oh, what buscopan could not do Remy did. It just gives you that warmth inside, then the sweet sleep that follows? Chai!

I’m also a talkative drunk, from finishing half a bottle of Pink Lady when i was 7 and ending up in the kitchen sink hugging the bottle (don’t ask) to a bad break up that sent me to a bottle of Kagor and drawing up my British persona Stacey who went on a two hour long diatribe. Sigh. I’m not an alchie. I love to drink the things i like for their taste and how they make me feel. I don’t think that “as a woman” I have to hide the fact that i drink or keep my bottles in my private fridge. Or have to lie that the bottles in my fridge were bought by my man. I buy booze. I drink booze cos i just love to booze! and there’s nothing better than boozing with a fellow boozy friend. Shalla to Atoks and Rems!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

July 21, 2014 at 10:11 am

My menstral cramps had no respect for Brandy, Neurofen, buscopan or any other pain alleviation method. I will continue to claim that labor pains are surely something I’ve already experienced repeatedly during my lifetime.

• niyoola

July 21, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I thought my menstrual cramps were similar to labour pain also (having tried alcohol, ibuprofen, diclofenac and all sorts!!!) When i was in labour ehn, menstrual pain seemed like a distant mild headache.
      Prepare yourself, it is very different and painful! kai …… unless of course you are one of those annoying “i didn’t know I was in labour, just a niggling pain her and there, two pushes and she was out) -_-

• oluchy

July 21, 2014 at 3:29 pm

I can relate to that.

• Jenny

August 26, 2014 at 1:05 am

My dear no matter how painful your menstrual pain is it ain’t nothing compared to labour Pains. …from a mom of 3

• Sisi

July 21, 2014 at 11:34 am

I’m Bayelsa myself so Neo I can relate. Them do us with booze true true.

• Fite

July 21, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Midol is ur friend during menses

• Atoke

July 23, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Lolllll @ fellow boozy friend!

• olaedo

July 23, 2014 at 7:13 pm

i love you neo!!!
      p.s no homo

4. Alistair E. Preston

July 21, 2014 at 9:54 am

I don’t know why people drink alcohol, I cant stand the stuff

• Atoke

July 23, 2014 at 1:24 pm

*points & laughs*

5. aaaevents and design

July 21, 2014 at 9:58 am

Hmmmmmmmm Nice story
    Call AAA Events and Design for your pocket friendly weDding Decor and Decor Training for more info call 08056236435 BB pin2644F69D

6. olami

July 21, 2014 at 10:01 am

Alcohol…I started drinking with my grandma at the age of 4 or 5 years she would take us to her room then and make us sip out of her schnapps and later give us tom tom so our parents don’t get to know. Now I can drink any brand with my brothers from stout to Heineken s to any type of gin,but as a social drinker just like atoke lol* cos I try to maintain my lady status.my best mixture now: Coca-Cola and 501 and add ice cube chai!!!,sad part boo doesn’t take anything than water!!!!!

7. Mz Socially Awkward...

July 21, 2014 at 10:07 am

Yep, my friends from Uni and I have some absolutely mad stories as well… to steal some gospel lyrics from Tasha Page, “…I must admit, back in the day I did some crazy things but that’s my past and my past is passed away…” So, there’s a very good reason I ain’t about that life no mo’. 🙂

(…. although when I said to my mother that I highly doubt there’ll be alchohol at my wedding, she looked at me like I had two heads… my parents enjoy their spot of social merriment as much as the next Nigerian so we shall delay that fight until D-Day)

Looking back at all the reckless living I did in my carefree days, what astounds me the most is the amount occasions that I willingly stepped into a car and placed my life in the hands of some ineberiated driver just like that. Innocent passerbys died or have been permanently maimed for less so I’m just grateful that God watches out for fools and little babies.

8. yinka

July 21, 2014 at 10:08 am

Alcohol makes me miserable….i could barely finish a glass of wine without seeing stars….so I ve accepted that me and etoh are just not cool like that.

9. photog

July 21, 2014 at 10:25 am

I was 7 when I first got tipsy. During one of those holidays one went to the village I and my cousin ‘assisted’ a palm wine tapper. We were at the foot of the palm tree helping the guy offload so he could pull up and keep tapping. While doing our job we found some leaves wrapped it around like a funnel and started scooping and drinking from what the guy had tapped so far. I don’t think there’s anything sweeter than fresh palmy before all the ‘work’ that goes into it. After quite a number of scoops I felt pretty light headed and very happy. I found myself trying to head back into the compound and falling several times, my legs for some reason couldn’t carry the rest of my body anymore. My uncle found it very amusing. Thankfully my dad was not around I ended up sleeping it off.

I often used to joke that the reason I don’t drink today is because I retired early. I stopped taking palmy at 13. I have a sweet tooth so beer and co where never on the cards. I dislike the kick in alcohol so I don’t do the sweet tasting ones either. I guess the only alcohol I do these days is the brandy in the cakes. Although this isn’t exactly related to my being a teetotaler, I had an uncle who I never saw sober a day in his life. He was knocked down by a truck on his way from work on his bicycle….it was on one of the few days he was sober!

10. Tiki

July 21, 2014 at 10:28 am

I once drank so much, I got malaria the next day.

11. www.ANEMISTYLE.com

July 21, 2014 at 10:31 am

Alcohol unfortunately makes me sooo sleepy and boring, as a student we’d plan a big night ou with pre drinks but after one drink of rum and coke (lightweight) I’d get so sleepy and not make it out. My friends started keeping me away from alcohol; coffee on the other hand gets me so buzzed.

12. Flames

July 21, 2014 at 10:36 am

Alcohol jst makes me sleepy, wen I get tipsy d only tin I wnt 2 do is sleep

13. eesha

July 21, 2014 at 11:06 am

Wish i could regal you tales of my alcohol consumption but i don’t drink. The funny stuff is that some alcohol consumers actually know its bad for them, that their body can’t even hold half glass, but they still go ahead to drink. Not also forgetting the displays that come with consuming too much like peeing in the wardrobe, sleeping on the car on the highway, waking up in the gutter the next day (if you are unfortunate enough, the gutter in front of your neighbor’s house where they have to wake you up the next day). I once had an uncle my say he was driving from Kwara state to maiduguri after consuming to much alcohol, they had to restrain him till it wore off which was the next morning.

14. babygiwa

July 21, 2014 at 11:16 am

I have a sweet tooth so alcohol and I aren’t friends. But I like baileys, brandy and JD when mixed with coke. I only drink becus of peer pressure tho, once I graduate in a few months time I’m going to stop being a ‘social drinker’.

• Babytohcute

July 21, 2014 at 11:45 am

Please oh. Baileys, brandy and JD, what are they? Juice?

• Plush

July 22, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Lol! 🙂 I know I’m a novice in this alcohol business, but you my dear, are baaad 🙂
      Juice ko, juice ni!

• funbaby

July 23, 2014 at 1:12 pm

lol are you serious?

15. Idak

July 21, 2014 at 11:19 am

I like alcohol. I treat it with care and it treats me likewise.
    One of the very few times I have been swayed by advertisement was one of the iconic Gulder adverts in the 80s and RMD advertising Satzenbrau a little later. So started my lifelong, respectful relationship with alcohol. I saw the advert and promised that I was going to treat alcohol just like I saw the suave guys in those adverts treat it.
    Never been drunk and never plan to be. Also, I do not believe that the quality of alcohol is determined by the price of the drink. Marketing experts have convinced (mostly Nigerians) that the more expensive the drink,the higher the quality. I am fine with a couple of beers and/or a bottle of wine. I drink socially. While watching football at home and out in pubs during occasional Friday night outings. When outside these shores, I make it a point to drink some local (new) beer and often keep pics of the bottles for my personal viewing when I have long left that country. So, you will never find me spending days in Mexico and drinking Heineken. God forbid!! Also, I often find a pub to associate each country I have been to.
    Alcoholism is a very big issue but unfortunately not taken serious in our society. Unlike smoking, its effect are not just health related but also social. It has wrecked homes,destroyed childhood, etc. Until we begin to see excessive consumption of alcohol as not just a health issue but a social one,until we stop perceiving affluence in folks blowing 6 digit bills in pubs and clubs on alcohol,we will be unable to address the issue of alcoholism.

16. Simsi

July 21, 2014 at 11:34 am

I don’t like alcohol. I’ve tried to but its not for me. I have a sweet tooth too so I can’t even take any bitter drink. I don’t like the burning feeling alcohol has in my throat. And it always has this bitter undertaste. Maybe if I find the one I like, I’ll try it out. I don’t even like baileys or vodka mixed with juice! Yuck! My friends have stopped trying to force me to drink with them. Its fun when you’re the sane one around drunk people tho. Its hilarious and when I tell them what they’ve done when they were drunk, they don’t believe me. Lol. Btw atoke I look forward to your writeups every monday. Good job. Have a nice day everyone.

17. beautifulonyinye

July 21, 2014 at 11:56 am

My system can’t handle alcohol well..A little sip of even Red. Wine makes me really sleepy and gives me headaches + knowing d effects of alcohol on the human organs especially the liver,I just completely avoid it.

18. Mgbeke

July 21, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I loveee alcohol,and I neva get drunk,I do get tipsy from time time buh neva drunk.I hate beers,well,unless ur talking abt ginger or root beer,lol

19. funmi Reese

July 21, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Weirdly enough I never quite picked up the taste of alcohol. I have a massive sweet tooth so I dont like the bitter taste of alcohol one bit.
    My colleagues at work both male and female take alcohol a lot. An office Birthday is amiss without a keg of palmwine and red wine.
    Funny enough I am posting this comment at a colleagues house who has chicken pox. He says palm wine is an antidote to chicken pox and soothes the symptoms..my colleagues eagerly took glasses of palmwine as a prevention tactic but I still can’t bring myself to do so.
    Religion I guess.

20. Uc

July 21, 2014 at 12:22 pm

My religius mother only saw holy comunion,coke and water as the only drink to be taken while my dad on the other hand had his alcohol.I never saw him drunk he also says to dis day he has never been drunk.I guess dats sooo much deciplin.My tale of alchohol is one dat was brought by heavy mentral cramps I sip into my dad’s brandy and sleep off.The cramps might be there but am fast asleep to feel it though the sleep is short lived and d head ache that comes along I am just miserable with alchohol .Even my religious mum runs to give me brandy or wiskey whenever its my period.Perharps why i dont drink it if I am not home and close to my bed. As for the beer dont know much about it especially d stout i ve mixed it with coke,fanta, youguth,malt,even sugar yet it has never tasted good so I guess its not my calling.

21. A-nony

July 21, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Oh boy! I can’t even drink half a glass of baileys or snapp. I have tried and tried and tried. Now, I have accepted my (biological) intolerance of alcohol. Its me and my five – alive, chivita, non-alcoholic cosmo and other cocktails.

22. Katriel

July 21, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I used to drink alcohol as a social drinker and decidd to give up almost a year ago. have saved me loads of money and dont have to do rounds with colleagues and dont miss it 🙂

23. Ivy

July 21, 2014 at 1:01 pm

I go to club and i drink water, juice or malt then on my way home i buy sharwama…..perfect night. Gotten tipsy twice, the second time was at Sailor’s, had half a glass of long island & i was staggering…lmao! My bf couldn’t believe it, he had to support me till i got to the car and starting blabbing according to him. That taught him not to give me booze anymore.

• Fashionista

July 21, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Long Island is a deadly drink!

• G-DaDa

July 21, 2014 at 2:55 pm

@LongIsland being deadly>>>>>The Mixer def matters too<<>>><> lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Omg SMH

24. Gracie

July 21, 2014 at 1:15 pm

BOOZE CHAMPION: My first experience was when I visited a couple friend of mine, later that evening, they decided to take me out. Well, on seeing Smirnoff Ice about three tables away, I got attracted to the whitish substance that stared at me via the see-through bottle. I ordered and took a sip, ooooohhhhhh my, my, my, I finished the first bottle and ordered for two more. Unknown to me it was alcoholic until when I was headed for the ladies then I realized I had so much confidence that I could even yell at two elderly men who were admiring my youthful body. On getting back to the table I checked the label on the bottle, 5.5% alcohol was stated on it, my eyeballs popped out!!!! Three years later, I resumed and boozed almost every drink without getting tipsy not to talk of getting drunk, my goodness, a lady for that matter, I took whisky, brandy, champagne, cognac, alcoholic cocktails and wines etc and etc. No shaking!! Nothing dey shelle!! Well, fast forward that time to now, I have surrendered to Jesus Christ and so I said bye-bye to alcohol to safeguard my health towards motherhood and old age and I also didn’t really see it as a good image for me particularly in my life pursuit as an educationist and a church leader.

25. Gracie

July 21, 2014 at 1:16 pm

USED TO BE A BOOZE CHAMPION: My first experience was when I visited a couple friend of mine, later that evening, they decided to take me out. Well, on seeing Smirnoff Ice about three tables away, I got attracted to the whitish substance that stared at me via the see-through bottle. I ordered and took a sip, ooooohhhhhh my, my, my, I finished the first bottle and ordered for two more. Unknown to me it was alcoholic until when I was headed for the ladies then I realized I had so much confidence that I could even yell at two elderly men who were admiring my youthful body. On getting back to the table I checked the label on the bottle, 5.5% alcohol was stated on it, my eyeballs popped out!!!! Three years later, I resumed and boozed almost every drink without getting tipsy not to talk of getting drunk, my goodness, a lady for that matter, I took whisky, brandy, champagne, cognac, alcoholic cocktails and wines etc and etc. No shaking!! Nothing dey shelle!! Well, fast forward that time to now, I have surrendered to Jesus Christ and so I said bye-bye to alcohol to safeguard my health towards motherhood and old age and I also did not really see it as a good image for me particularly in my life pursuit as an educationist and a church leader.

26. fifi

July 21, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I love my alcohol, I buy magnum size Ciroc and belvedere, I drink champagne wen eating suya,and my best memories of alcohol have been taking shots during concentration concentration..good opportunity to smooch ur crush and blame it on the alcohol

27. tunmi

July 21, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I had tried spirits once because of a tooth ache, I think and to date nothing can top its bitterness. I love palmwine, fresh and fermented…it will always be my favorite. I bravely tried vodka…never again. I’m trying out different things. I like sweet drinks and I do want to try alcohol from different areas and cultures. I like Redd’s Apple Ale, Green Apple Puckers was delicious. I want to try sake, rice wine, soju (Korean alcohol), pina colada, Margarita, Daiquiri, and so many others. I also like the flavored beer margarita from Budlight. (Mango and Lime). As long as it is fruity, I will like it. I drink with my friends, at most 4 times a year.

My mum used to drink Bacchus and mix it with Peak milk occasionally. I do have one uncle who is an alcoholic. He has been an alcoholic for about 20-plus years now. The guy is a medical doctor too…not practicing though. It’s sad to see brilliance go to waste.

28. DIG

July 21, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Just incase any alcoholic needs help, there are private rehab centers in Nigeria, i heard of one in Odogbolu, Ogun state, and i’m sure there are some in lagos.
    But for bad cases, u can try Substance abuse unit in Yaba psychiatric hospital. The place is not as bad as it sounds.

• Idak

July 21, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Very serious info.
      I hope someone in need finds it useful.

29. Katriel

July 21, 2014 at 3:29 pm

LMAO 🙂

30. Annie

July 21, 2014 at 5:01 pm

uni 300L, i got a bottle of small stout and mixed it with coke and i talked and talked and talked all day, and still argued with my friends that it had no effect on me, then i met Gordon sparks and fell in love, by the way i am a social drinker like Atoke…lols…after gordon spark i met smirnoff and fell out of love with gordon spark, then came snapps, ahhhh and i met rubies Chineke…friends had to stop me from finishing a bottle at our last years end of year party. But i am a social drinker, i drink when i see it, and oh it must be sweet or i no dey….

31. Blessmyheart

July 21, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I guess I’m the weird person that has barely tasted alcohol ever. Probably cos of my background and well, I’ve seen some drunk manifestations. There was this man in my home town who actually slept in the gutter. I also remember a room mate in Uni who got drunk and really misbehaved. There was also this class mate who couldn’t hold his liquor and would misbehave at all class functions.
    I don’t even like non-alcoholic wine. I don’t like carbonated drinks or orange juice. I mostly take Chi Exotic mango or pineapple&coconut. Above all, water any day jare. Simple and easy life. Lol

• chu girl

September 10, 2014 at 9:24 am

my comment was meant for blessmyheart……….

32. Thor Odinson

July 21, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Is anyone going to share cute stories of how they got drunk and drove away and killed or maimed an innocent person in an accident?

• Idak

July 22, 2014 at 10:02 am

There is nothing cute about such stories even if people like Ibinabo are living glamorous lives after such. Such acts of irresponsibility can never be cute.

• Fashionista

July 22, 2014 at 10:10 am

But are you okay? schewzzzz.

• Plush

July 22, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I am praying you wrote this in sarcasm.

• Thor Odinson

July 22, 2014 at 4:57 pm

My point is people are giving us all these funny and semi-cute stories about booze and no one is talking about the real issues. People are dying because of drink driving and I wanted to highlight this evil side of alcohol.
      I will never forget the day I made a comment when in Lagos about people drink and driving and was laughed at.
      People were actually making comments about how they dive better with drink and only amateurs crash because of booze!!
      I had to walk away in disgust.

• Idak

July 22, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I see your point.

• chu girl

September 10, 2014 at 9:22 am

boorrriiinngg…………lol

• chu girl

September 10, 2014 at 9:27 am

sorry my comment was meant for blessmyheart

33. Abednego

July 21, 2014 at 11:36 pm

I once gave two area boys 2k at a friend’s building site. My friend was just screaming “do you want them to kill themselves? Do you know how much ‘shepe’ they are going to buy with 2k?” I wanted to die of laughter but then I thot about how much ‘shepe’ 2k could buy and started begging God forgiveness for the havoc that would be caused as a result of my foolishness…looool!

34. Secretashewo

July 22, 2014 at 3:33 am

I once blew a whole soccer team after about 4 glasses of long island… i hate long island but that was a fun night! lmao

• adelegirl

July 22, 2014 at 11:24 am

Good Lord! I blushed hot;y when I read this. How scandalous!

35. Person

July 22, 2014 at 4:33 pm

I didn’t start drinking proper till I was in year 4 in Ife. And then, during law school in Abuja, I almost wrecked my life. Got drunk properly in graduate school and Jisos, what happened to me that day ehn, threw up all over my room, pooped on myself and promised myself never, ever again. Oloti o ma ri aye wa o! I still drink but I know my limit: once I start dropping the curse words while I am out, it is time to start drinking water.

36. DOO

July 22, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Drinking is evil and I am happy I don’t drink. Why will I want to get high? Why will I want to spend huge sums of money in the club? Why will I want to have a hangover? Why will I want to do things and blame it on alcohol? Why will I want to forget how or when I got home? Why will I want to turn to alcohol when I am heartbroken? #saynotobooze #sayyestowater

• Idak

July 22, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Drinking is not evil,drunkenness is.

• Blessmyheart

July 23, 2014 at 12:15 am

Technically, drinking is evil. You can’t get drunk without drinking. There is a much lower tendency for someone who doesn’t drink at all to drown their ‘issues’ with alcohol than someone who drinks even if it’s just ‘socially’

• Atoke

July 23, 2014 at 1:23 pm

*points & laughs*

37. elsa

July 30, 2014 at 2:33 pm

All this talk of alchy makes me want to drink. It’s been awhile, and i don’t want to anymore, so this is really tempting. I’m not an alcoholic (not at all) but every time i enter a supermarket, my legs automatically carry me to the booze aisle (it’s crazy, i know). Lately, i make the conscious effort to turn right back after eye-balling the all-so-wonderful-looking aisle. Phew!

38. koko

August 11, 2014 at 10:58 am

when they say shayo na bastard it isnt an understatement!
    i remember one time i was like 21 in oniru beach just gals o we started from vodka to red label to champagne den red wine den we washed it was a shot each ofAbsinthe it was bloody …we started dancing ,smooching each oda i den called my bf to come pic me i didn’t notice when he got dere he was surprised see me giving a gal lap dance hehehhe .when i got home i was stooling and throwing up till the next day .i vowed never to drink again..fast forward a few years here am i still the shayo mistress lol.

• E

September 2, 2014 at 5:14 pm

You’re just like me. On some days after drinking and ref and weed I just black out. And the boo isn’t any better

• chu girl

September 10, 2014 at 9:30 am

lool @..fast forward a few years here am i still the shayo mistress..urs is a helpless case ohh

39. chu girl

September 10, 2014 at 9:35 am

I just love love my baileys…….. can finish a bottle(big size) and just be tipsy…..I love the “happy feeling” I get tho….evil grin…hehe