Features

Read This Stirring Tribute to Kunle Olaifa “Maybe We Can Be More Like Him” by Osisiye Tafa

I will always remember him in one way: a hand slap on my back on a Friday morning and a question, ‘Shey you bring your boot come?’. In response, I would smile and point to a bag underneath my desk.

See, Kunle started a tradition to have the guys play a game of football every Friday. The venue was Meadow Hall and for the first few weeks, he footed the bill. More difficult than footing the bill was getting the guys to turn up. So he made the rounds of the office’s two floors on Fridays. His method of getting people to turn up for these matches said a lot about his awareness and appreciation of each person’s uniqueness. You could hear him tell Debo, ‘Ole boy, you need exercise o’ and tell another person, ‘Shey you know that Meadow Hall no far from your house?’. Kunle made Fridays fun, and it is ironic that he returns home on a Friday.

The matches were a fun time of ball tapping and after that, we would head to the nearby shop to buy light snacks and drinks. The shop owner was always angry and she would snap at us: ‘Hey, you don chop two Digestive o’, ‘You, you don drink four pure water now’. Now, this was annoying seeing as the entire bill for this would not amount to much. But Kunle understood everyone. So he made a five hundred Naira deposit while we drank pure water and ate biscuit. He kept replenishing this five hundred Naira deposit and eventually left the change with her while advising her to ‘lighten up’.

These are little things but it is the little things that matter. And no one was little to Kunle, every new recruit was paid a physical visit by him.

I think HR people airbrush things a lot, but that’s fine because it comes with the job. So it was nice to see a HR person who believed in the process and hard truth. During my induction, he walked in, told us the supposed bad things we might have heard about the company and ended it with ‘Some of these are true, some have stopped, some are just spread by aggrieved staff but one thing is we are working on these things and things are way better now’. See, that was honest and that was typical Kunle. He believed everything was a continuum and the most important thing was not a perfect state of affairs but a willingness to keep moving in the right direction. I wish our politicians could take a leaf from this.

His passing is sad, very sad. He was a great guy. But we won’t stay down for long. We will take the best from this. We will be earthy, we will understand that no one is little, we will admit that everyone is a work – in – progress and maybe we will tell the truth a bit more.
Today, as Kunle is laid to rest, maybe we will endeavor to be a bit more like him, and in that way, he will live on.
Adieu Kunle.

Osisiye Tafa is a banker by day, and writer by night. He has been published on The Guardian, Kalahari Review, The Culture Trip, Arts & Africa, BusinessDay, Y-Naija among others. He writes faction - fictionalized telling of actual events - which he shares on his TinyLetter journal. His debut book, ‘Sixty Percent of a True Story’ is available on Amazon and Roving Heights

1. Deborah

August 29, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Always to sad to lose someone young and especially one who is promising and is making a difference. May his soul rest in peace.

• NIRA

September 1, 2014 at 10:29 am

I’ve read so many tributes to this Kunle, it makes me remember what the Bible says in Isaiah 57, that God call the righteous home to save them from the bad things happening in this world. May God be with his family, friends and loves ones.

2. Just me

August 29, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Words can’t describe how depressing Kunle’s demise is to me. May his soul rest in peace

3. Mz Socially Awkward...

August 29, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Tafa, I don’t know who Kunle is but your tribute to him touched me deeply. Really deeply (makiing me more aware of my intense self-centeredness than I would normally allow myself to be reminded of). He sounds like such a stand-up guy and I’m very sorry to hear of his passing.

4. Fume

August 29, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Wow! nice piece, may His soul rest -in – peace, i never knew the guy but the fact that a lot of people miss him tells me he was a great guy.

5. chu

August 29, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Kunle was really a rare gem that the world has lost. He had a passion to help people improve and be better. May God be a succor to his family this period. If his death affected me so much I can imagine how those really close to him feel. In all things we give God glory.

• Tosin

August 30, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Everything you said.

6. Oma

August 29, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Awww Rest in Peace Kunle. I have absolutely no idea who you are, but this piece just gave life to you. and i see some of me in the life that you lived. Adieu. 🙁

7. taiwo

August 29, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Kunle would forever be remembered. he made us play ball. he made us come together as a team. he had names for everyone. Kunle went to soon but accomplished a lot.
    RIP brother and friend.

8. Damsel says

August 29, 2014 at 4:40 pm

I didnt know this guy but I heard alot of good things about him. Reading this very touching tribute to him is just another indication of how good a man he was.

Rest in peace Kunle Olaifa.

9. Ify

August 29, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I was privileged to know this great man. Still can’t believe it. Rest in peace Kunle

10. Oluwatosin

August 29, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Feeling down is an understatement of how I feel about Kunle’s demise. I still remember our last conversation word for word. I’m typing this in my office, beating myself for not having the emotional strength to see you laid to rest.

Its just too much Mr Kunle. Can’t still believe you’re gone. We love you but I now heaven loves you the most.

olorisupergal.com/ripkunleolaifa-touched-by-an-angel-tribute-to-kunle-olaifa/

• Tosin

August 30, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Pele my dear. In order to feel a little better, I found I had to
      1. share his story upnaira.blogspot.com/2014/08/obituary-kunle-olaifa-1980-2014.html
      2. find some music and share the words of wisdom therein, like this youtu.be/eDp27djHG68 and this youtu.be/cymmgRIYR4Q

The odd thing is that I barely knew him, but of course once you’ve met him, you know him: the message(s) of his life rang out loud and clear. Smile. Laugh, if possible. Be united. Play. Love everybody. Love is work. Do the work. Give everything. Live. Live every day as if it was your last.

11. x-factor

August 29, 2014 at 5:02 pm

RIP Kunle, We will miss you!

12. Valerie

August 29, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I don’t know Kunle personally but i saw the loads of messages on his facebook page, heard he died through a road accident. I only wish good people stay longer on earth as i lost a dear friend and school mate yesterday. Rest in peace Kunle Olaifa and Mc Jiggy

• Tosin

August 30, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Sorry. Sorry. We’re so sick of this. I can’t wait for the self-driving cars. I can’t wait for the trains. I can’t wait for the rational cities and the next-generation transportation system. I hate how sub-optimal the current state of things it.

13. Mena Peters

August 29, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I have heard so much about this guy since he passed away. One thing is sure, he was a great guy. It’s so sad he passed away so young. Rest in peace

14. Riches B

August 29, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Truppr 5k run that held last weekend was dedicated to him. Rest in Peace Kunle!

15. Ephi

August 29, 2014 at 5:32 pm

🙁 May his soul rest in peace.

16. tee

August 29, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Kunle was a fantastic guy. I mean you hear stories of how some HRs guys are in companies and you begin to wonder. Kunle related to all and everyone. He was someone to put a smile on everyone’s face. He fought for people’s careers, and helped everyone the little way he could. He was a funny character. He was an exemplary of how HRs should treat their staff, he cared for everyone. I’m still in shock as to why God would take such a great guy…Some say it’s because he had fulfilled his destiny on earth, others say it’s cos the angels needed him in heaven… All I can say is that life is a bitch. I wish he was still alive. My heart goes out to his family. I pray that God continues to bless them and comfort them. Kunle was a rare gem. Thank you Tafa for this piece. Nigeria has lost a great man. Adios egbon. Adios

17. ola

August 29, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Oh sir kunlele as I call u… I know u r resting now…was really been an impacful life. U made me see what a true HR looks like…Just a yr and few months knowing u… ur life taught a lot of things… and even in death…with all being read and said abt u…it proves that indeed it is not how far but how well!
    Rest in the Lord… Boss!

18. Eyitayo

August 29, 2014 at 5:52 pm

RIP Kunle Olaifa

19. BESTEST GUY

August 29, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Sir K , even though he hated that name,he said it made him feel old will always be remembered as the guy who made everyone laugh in spite of any situation. Go and make the angels laugh in heaven. Adieu

20. whalezy

August 29, 2014 at 6:09 pm

why do the good ones go early?

21. missme

August 29, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Rest in peace enirere

22. Bukky Shaba

August 29, 2014 at 6:42 pm

So we were at the grave yard today lost in thought until i spotted a tombstone that described a man who had the largest heart, i showed it to Amaka & Dayo and Dayo said “that’s not true, the man with the largest heart is who we have come to bury today” and i could not agree more.
    The words “Inspiration and Humanitarian’ take a new meaning in my dictionary, today those words mean Kunle Olaifa to me. I was privileged to work as his Executive Assistant for a few months and he served me more during that period than i served him in the entire time i’ve known him.
    Boda Kunle, Egbon Kunle, Uncle Kunle, Mr Kunle, Bros, Boss, Kunle…one man yet a different man to different people. Thank you for gracing us with your life and showing us what it means to be great.
    We miss you, i miss you and i promise you that i won’t ruin my life.

Thank you Osisiye for writing this, it’s good to meet the Kunle you described here.

23. oguntuyi oyindamola

August 29, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Rip kunle.

24. Keji M

August 29, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Still stings every time I read/see anything about Kunle’s demise. I met him through a friend just a few months ago oh but I testify Kunle was a fantastic guy. Genuinely loved people and served. That you will be missed is an understatement. Tears are not enough to express the shock. Sun re o,

25. martin

August 29, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Kunle is an epitome of HR.
    I remember vividly the ebola enlightenment session you had with support staff on friday before your death on tuesday.That shows how you cared for everyone even the least person.
    The world will miss you.
    Continue to rest in the lord.

26. jinkelele

August 29, 2014 at 7:23 pm

i didnt know him and his death just feels ALL wrong

This life that Shekau impostor is alive and a man adding to people’s lives is gone.
    Mtscheeew

• ACE

August 30, 2014 at 11:25 pm

So so so so so wrong…It feels so wrong and Painful. And am just reading about him.

27. Changing Faces

August 29, 2014 at 7:28 pm

I’ve heard and read a lot of good things about Kunle. He really touched a lot of lives as evidenced by the great tributes from friends and colleagues. May God grant him rest, and keep his young family in his safe embrace. R.I.P

28. Opsy

August 29, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I met him once and then realised we had so many friends in common… I could tell he was an amazing person!

May God give his family and loved ones the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable loss and may his soul find eternal rest. Amen

#sigh

29. Bose

August 29, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Sleep on Kunle Olaifa, your legacy lives on….
    It was a great pleasure knowing you. You came, you impacted…You gave so much and you conquered even in death…Rest on Oleefy….

30. Fran6hardey

August 29, 2014 at 8:23 pm

He was indeed a great guy, full of life. One his intriguing attribute is being himself. Your legacy lives on Kunle. We all miss you. RIP

31. azeez oluwaseun

August 29, 2014 at 8:28 pm

R.I.P. Kunle Opeifa.

32. boss

August 29, 2014 at 9:11 pm

‘Kunle as he likes his name to be spelt was the most intelligent and amazing man I ever met. He knew everyone and liked everyone…am finding it hard to move on even after witnessing today. But God knows best. I miss you ‘Kunle.

33. Ronny

August 29, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Now i strongly understand that its not how long we have stayed on earth but our impact on earth that is most important. ………your impact leaves on.

34. jaygal

August 29, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Rest in peace Kunle. Someone should please tell me if this is the Kunle Olaifa that I know. He served in Imo State btw 2005-2006.

• BeeT

September 1, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Yes he is….platoon 1

35. itunu

August 29, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Kunle was very special. I met him just once and the memory still lingers. His warmth, his openness and friendly countenance was very touching. Though i didn’t really get to know you, you made a mark, a difference in the world you left behind and that’s what ultimately counts. Sleep well in the bossom of the lord! sleep well Kunle.

36. Facts

August 29, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Rest in Peace Kunle Olaifa. Though i met you once; You were inspiring, humble, attentive and well-mannered. I remember it all just like yesterday, after my Samsung interview with one pompous HR staff, you came in (while in a meeting) proffered solutions and indicated alternative career paths within i should consider.. In all, Kunle was one of the best amongst men and may Allah (swt) grant him Allijana Fidaraus and also comfort his family!!!

37. Ay

August 29, 2014 at 10:41 pm

My HR that’s what I love to call you. I remember when you heard about my wife’s accident you came down to LUTH and told me to calm down that my wife will be fine. You led the team that donated blood for my wife. Although you are unable to donate because you are not fit to do so. You said “Ay I have donated all my blood to my dad”. You stood by us during our difficult times my wife and I. You are more than HR to my family. Good Night My HR Kunle Olaifa. RIP

38. A.A Fakoya

August 29, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Adieu Kunle Olaifa.. Keep Shinning on your Shinning Amour…. till we meet to part no more..

39. Osasodia1

August 29, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Kunleeeeee, reading this piece here touches real sad, Pest in perfect Peace.( Shivering, shivering, shivering, omg.)

40. Precious Becon-Ajoonu

August 29, 2014 at 11:19 pm

I never post on blogs ever but for Kunle it feels okay to speak blessings to his family through this medium. I remember all our meetings and conversations. He was very passionate about his family and his work. May God bless and keep his family at this time, may his children grow up in the knowledge that their father was an extraordinary human being. God bless the Olaifa’s today and forever amen.

41. Ayo Onabanjo Emmanuel

August 29, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Really sad…I was in Biochemistry dept, Kunle was in Microbiology Unilorin…though I didn’t see him again after the Uni days…can’t still believe he’s dead! God be praised for such a wonderful man Kunle Olaifa turned out to be. Am guessing it is safe to say he lived his life well, albeit short. God has the final say. Rest on, Kunle.

42. Saint Tracy

August 29, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Don’t even know him, bt this piece touched my heart. We must reach out to orthers and impact people. We have to stop been full of our selves. Every one is important. Be the Jesus people can see.

43. Akin Eso

August 30, 2014 at 12:32 am

If you haven’t met Kunle you wont understand how nice he was and how different he was from most of us. Always happy and willing to help anyone. Rest in peave bro. May the good Lord give your family the strength to bare the loss

44. zoomzoomzoom

August 30, 2014 at 1:34 am

I never knew Kunle Olaifa, even though he graduated from my alma mater, Unilorin. The great tributes I have read about him were awe-inspiring. Rest in peace Kunle. May God comfort your entire family, amen.

45. jay stan

August 30, 2014 at 2:39 am

RIP my guy

you’ve made ya mark

46. sola Rahman

August 30, 2014 at 3:24 am

He is the drive behind all my academic pursuits
    I remember our last hangout at the mall in iloriin
    He told me to spend more time with him that day,now I wish I did
    He was a mentor,a brother, a friend
    Kunle Olaifa…..that name is synonymous with INSPIRATION for me

Nobody met kunle and remained the same

I will miss you Egbon

47. XteriAyaoba

August 30, 2014 at 4:30 am

aww so sad. From all i have heard about Kunle, he must have been an amazing fellow. May God grant his family and loved ones the fortitude to bear this enormous loss. RIP Kunle.

48. Funmi Udo

August 30, 2014 at 4:52 am

Your passing to Glory made me realize I’m not in any way close to the assignment God has given us on this earth. ‘Kunle! Your death is uniting people from diverse cultures,backgrounds,ideologies and philosophies. Its bringing change of hearts to some of us. Its leading even some to Christ our Savior as they read these lines,Glory Halleluyah! You loved men,cared for them as your own…My sister won’t stop talking about your person as is still a mystery to so many how you were able to use your 24hrs/7days fully without leaving out even a second??? This is the comfort we have “You are in a better place” Smile on brother… God will comfort your wife and your family and your children will understand the kind of life you lived,they will continue and do much more in Jesus name(Amen) Till we meet again.

49. Ify

August 30, 2014 at 5:55 am

After reading all these messages I was almost in tears!
    I never knew Kunle but now I know how much he meant to people…. He sure knew his calling in life and no doubt he fulfilled it!!! RIP Kunle

50. toocute

August 30, 2014 at 7:30 am

I don’t know who kunle is but the tribute osisiye Tafa wrote about him said it all, he lived a selfless life. His legacy live on, sun re laya olugbala re, I pray that God will give your family the fortitude to bear the lost and keep your family.

51. tolu

August 30, 2014 at 7:34 am

I wish I met ‘Kunle too! RIP the life that touched many other lives.
    Truth is, we all know at least one person like ‘Kunle, but it’s easy to just leave them in the “great guy” stereotype and not give much attention to it or them, till something happens..
    This has taught me to appreciate people more (and genuinely too). We shouldn’t wait till their gone and it’s late.
    On the other hand, I really don’t think the good ones die early. I think we just notice and feel it more, cos well, their the good ones.
    RIP again ‘Kunle Olaifa

• ACE

August 30, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Me too.

• Facts

August 31, 2014 at 7:47 am

Nah!! The good ones die too early!!!

52. Anneboleyn

August 30, 2014 at 7:36 am

Really sad that the earth lost one of it’s greatest gift from God. I believe resting in God’s bossom is a sure thing for uncle Kunle. No matter where you go, uncle, you live in me through so many words and advice of yours that I emulate. When I follow them, I will just say uncle Kunle taught me to do that. I know many people live their lives base on your teachings and advice therefore, death may have taken you but the life you lived is still alive. Legendary is not enough to qualify you. Rest in Peace. #Kunle lives

53. Authentic Sunshine

August 30, 2014 at 7:44 am

I don’t know this Kunle guy but I sure do want to meet him (not somebody like him but him). He sounds like an amazing person. Death is a difficult blow to deal with.

May the family, friends and his mum in particular take solace in the knowledge that his life was much more than the years he spent on earth. People die every day and are forgotten even before they are buried. This guy impacted positively in peoples’ lives and he continues to live in them. His mother is a queen for raising such a prince and I pray the joy and peace that heaven brings will console you.

54. Authentic Sunshine

August 30, 2014 at 8:06 am

****He continues to live through them

55. Abeeb Adebayo

August 30, 2014 at 8:25 am

How painful it is to know that Kunle is gone forever. I had just two interactions with him, one at AIESEC Abuja and Ilorin. Both times, I was amazed at how generous and cheerful a man can be. He spent good amount of time on each one of us (30+ AIESECers) asking about what we were doing and encouraged us to be better. On the two occasions he took all of us to a nice hangout and spent more than normal amount of money on everyone. That really surprised most of us. I wish he lived longer.
    I have picked my own lessons from his demise. Do the good you can while you can because no one is too young to die.

May God pardon his shortcomings.
    Rest well brother.

56. Debs

August 30, 2014 at 8:59 am

Its not the duration of our life but the donation in peoples life dat counts.. Kunle Olaifa donated in our life’s in no small way. I will miss ur smile and how u always see d funny side of life in every situation. Jehovah will give ur entire family the strength to bear this pain.

57. Debo

August 30, 2014 at 9:04 am

He was a great leader, mentor, brother and friend. …..I bought my football kits because Oga kunle will always make us play every Friday. ……even the day we lost 7-0 (errors caused by TAFA),kunle was just glowing with smiles and begged us not to inform anybody in the office.
    Coming across my kits this morning….bubbles of tears crawled through my checks because the binding force is gone.
    Till we meet again…….Oga with no bothers, rest in peace.

58. kemi

August 30, 2014 at 9:14 am

Rest in peace bro.. may God almighty comfort his family.

59. jay

August 30, 2014 at 10:57 am

May his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen!

60. loVE

August 30, 2014 at 11:09 am

May he rest in perfect peace

61. Fatheemah

August 30, 2014 at 11:21 am

A very unassuming, cheerful and diligent leader. He achieved so much in so little time and made it look so easy. May God grant his family the fortitude to bear such a painful loss.

62. tee_Baba

August 30, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Kunle, we already miss your wittiness , your love for life and appreciation for people. I plan to take a leaf of you so I would be remembered for good when ultimately my turn comes. Sun re ore! We shall keep on excelling together with you in mind. Ahoy Navyboy!

63. iba

August 30, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I didnt know this guy at all but all i did was read this piece and my heart broke to a thousand pieces. RIP Kunle.

64. Peter Adekola

August 30, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Oh ‘Kunle Olaifa, each time I read anything about you tears roll down from my eyes again and again ‘cos you are like a brother, in fact you a brother! This page is not enough to write what I know about you or the times we’ve shared.
    I wish Daddy and Mummy Olaifa, Lekan and Titi Olaifa, Your Wife and Baby, quick recovery from this shock of a great loss.
    Adios ‘Kunle Olaifa.

65. Pauline

August 30, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Uncle Kunle, may your soul rest in peace. Met u just once from a distance, and you were an inspiration.

66. 'Bukola Lasisi

August 30, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Adieu ‘Kunle Olaifa. I wish I allowed myself to know you more than I did. Grateful to God for the impactful life you lived.

67. Tom

August 30, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Kunle was a rare gem. He lived like he know he will live a short life. His impact was so great in the lives of the young, old, rich and poor. The first time I met him was at an AIESEC and he talked to so well on accountability as a guding principle of every one. However, I believe know he is gone it’s left for us who he mentored while he was alive to continue in the good works. I am thankful to God for the kind of life he lived. His memories will never be forgotten. He was a real senior friend. Rest in Peace Kunle Olaifa. Sleep well with The Lord..

68. Ellie

August 30, 2014 at 5:01 pm

RIP Kunle, i didn’t know you but i can tell God used you to bless so many lives including mine right after reading the tributes on the post and comments. I pray to be more selfless and love more and harder for life is short. REST on.

69. Abiola Oshodi

August 30, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Words can’t express the pain your death has caused. I still use the yahoo email u opened for me back then in Unilorin. U also helped me with my seminar preparation mennnnn! U were ready to help even if it was not convenient for u. RIPP Kunle so painful really short of words I can go on and on and on. Rest in d bosom of d Lord . U r greatly missed.

70. M'ADE'

August 30, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Oga Kunle, he has a ear for everyone and he would never forget anything you say. You dnt ve to remind him cos he has you at heart, Uncle Kunle M’ADE me with Gods’ help. He was d only one allowed to call me Moria cos he says it to mk mi smile(laugh). . He helped make my 1year plan to expire 2mao( we were supposed to meet 2weeks after), we had developed 5yrs plan which he jokingly included 2kids fr me. As if he knew he was going . He helped me a track to forever. His funny ways. His eyes. The placement of his glasses, he would pat your back if his words began to make too mch sense. I am happy he left us children; they are indeed a blessing. N God help console his family. As I said, Oga Kunle is a MIRACLE! Ina lilahi waina ilehi rajiun. Amin

71. Cynthia

August 30, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Kunle Olaifa….i cannot believe you are truly gone, I am still in shock to say the least. You were a true friend and colleague whilst at GE. You were so funny, friendly and always had people’s back. Truly, we have lost a rare gem. May you rest in perfect peace.

72. Chynwa

August 31, 2014 at 1:54 am

Kunle ooooo! I really dont know how best to say this… u were a great man and I promise u will live on as we try to replicate the values u left us. Fortunately, I met u on Monday at Daystar in Ikeja where u helped me redirect my life and that of so many others but then you died on Wednesday (just like dat :(. How sad! In fact, I heard the news when I was constructing an email to u; the most shocking news I have received recently. Kunle Olaifa, u lived a short but very impactful life. This world already misses u but I believe u r resting with the saints in the bosom of the Lord. #jeenkeoma

73. ibiba

August 31, 2014 at 8:59 am

‘Kunle , I never met u, and never knew of u till I’m now, however I find myself adjusting the apostrophe in front of the K in your name because they say that’s how you liked it. I guess the goof thing is that your family need not wonder where you’ll be based on all the tributes written here. Losing a loved one is never easy. Burying a son is even harder. Life shouldn’t be like this. But I guess when the time comes, you’ll be the one at the gate beside our creator advocating for liniency on behalf of people like me. You must have been awesome. Pls friends of kunle, don’t forget his family, his parents, his wife and kids. Don’t forget about them in 5 or 10 years because the vacuum ‘Kunle has left can never be filled. They are now your responsibility forever. May God give you all the strength to carry on and may he bless you as you do so. ‘Kunle please watch over your loves ones…. Rest Well…..

74. joshua

August 31, 2014 at 4:59 pm

so sad to hear this

75. femi

September 1, 2014 at 8:33 am

A service was held i your memory in Church(Daystar) last week. We place you in the hands of God. RIP Kunle.

76. Sally

September 1, 2014 at 9:39 am

i never met kunle and i feel like it was my loss. my colleague in the office wont stop crying and he’s all over my bbm and facebook. Only God knows how many lives I touched. My friends on fb are tagging him in touching tributes and then I clicked and went to his wall. I got overwhelmed. I really wish I met him. I wish

77. gbemmy

September 1, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I didn’t know kunle personally, but I was part of the last month Truppr 5km run dedicated to him…..May his gentle soul rest in peace. amen

78. elise

September 2, 2014 at 1:11 pm

RIP Kunle

79. always happy

November 16, 2014 at 4:12 am

Rest in peace, you ran the race, you finished strong. Thank you

80. Ade Williams

December 5, 2014 at 11:39 am

My name is Ade Williams. I attended the NNSS Abeokuta School with Kunle Olaifa. I haven’t had the opportunity to keep in touch with Kunle over the years after our time together in Abeokuta however I was much moved to read the tributes of the remarkable life he lived. It is never the manner, nor is timing of an exit that makes a difference ; that providence is in the Hands of the Almighty rather it the impact of the exit which is a measure of the person. When greatness departs a vacuum is filled by those inspired to step up. Thank you for all you wonderful tributes. I am forever mindful of the great teacher and friend young Kunle already was. He tried endlessly to prevent me from failing Yoruba language and to instil a belief in the greatness of our country in me. The former a limited endeavour, the latter he went on to personify. Always patient, always passionate, always generous. I was truly blessed to know the young man that lived a great life. He touched mine too. Damola Williams

81. AlotofEko

August 21, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Continue to rest in peace Kunle, God bless you loads! #FriendBrotherSaint

82. Ola

April 14, 2017 at 7:35 am

Wow… This is so sad. I can’t believe ‘Kunle is gone. I remember the Aiesec days, kunle will make sure everyone of us got all we needed for the conference.. Continue to rest in Peace bro…. You were a rare gem… Omase o.