Features

Fola Daniel Adelesi: Attracting Opportunities with Your Mind

Fola Daniel Adelesi

For more than ten years I have been in situations where I attracted opportunities with my mind and I can confidently say that it works. If it has ever worked for other people it can also work for you. When I got started on this path I didn’t know it’s what you can call attracting opportunities with the mind. What are the things happening around you today and what where the thoughts of your mind years ago?

If you can answer that question then you will realize why you are where you are today. If you think about opportunities, then they will come your way. If you expect solutions then they will come. If you dwell on how you can make things happen the way out will finally be revealed to you.

One of the most profound stories involving my own life was how I said I would become something as a first year student in secondary school and it happened six years later. There are other things I have said about myself and they have happened. This is to let you know that if you want to really attract opportunities then you can begin by attracting them in your mind. What you keep on your mind will eventually become your reality.

So you have to use that mind to your advantage. Stop thinking about the small people around you who have small minds and also think small. Stop thinking about those who will not let you make the most of your life. Stop thinking about anything that does not improve your life. Spend quality time thinking about those things that have a chance to improve your life.

I can suggest you think more about how you will become a business owner. Think about how you will be employing people and helping some others to start their businesses. Think about how you will become the President of this nation who will make a great difference in the lives of the citizens. Think on good things and not just the breaking news thats always breaking your heart.

Some years ago, I was looking for how to spread what I was writing. I spent a lot of time thinking, planning and working on it. One day as I was talking to a friend, he just mentioned blogging to me and he took me to the nearest cyber café to get started. More than seven years ago we all know that blogging was only known in the circles of the tech guys. At another time I was planning my first book to be published. I mentioned a few names that would be involved in the project but I honestly did not know how to meet them. As soon as I started talking confidently about my project, I met someone who knew the person that I needed. He took me to the person and that was how my dream became a reality.

I am sure it works for so many other things in life. In the past few days I have been in a training thats offering solutions to series of questions on my mind. The interesting thing is that someone just sent me the mail about the training and was asking if I would be interested. The training turned out to be a free one from a reputable university and a social media company with global reputation. Some people would have asked me to pay heavily for this training but it eventually came to me free.

After a while it also struck me that each time I keep something in my mind for a while, someone just crosses my path with the solution. When I dwell on a particular thought, it becomes a reality. So my present opportunities are realities that that used to be opportunities in my mind.

Are there any opportunities in your mind right now? Watch out because they will soon become real. If they are opportunities you dont want then you get them of your mind. Your mind has power and it can birth the things that you have been thinking about. Go on now and start attracting opportunities with your mind.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime | Phartisan

Fola Daniel Adelesi is a professional public speaker who also trains other speakers. He's an highly engaging training facilitator and he holds his large audience spell bound when speaking at gatherings. He's an author, business consultant and highly skilled master of ceremony with excellent poise and diction. He was on the Debaters TV reality show season 1, he presented 'You Can' on Radio Continental in 2011 and he did motivational segments on Galaxy TV from Dec 2008 to August 2009. Fola Daniel has authored 3 books including Writing Business Proposals. He currently talks about Social Media on Info.com - An ICT Show on Lagos Television. Fola Daniel trained as a communications professional, works as a business consultant and was also trained at Lagos Business School in collaboration with Google as a Digital Business Manager.

1. kaffy

November 6, 2014 at 12:04 pm

hmmmm me dat v bin tinking abt setting up my fashion designing business and a makeup studio all dis years bt becos i dnt v moni, i just v to keep tinking and working till my dream com true

• Ginika

November 6, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Maybe it is because you limited yourself or thought about the obstacle infront of you. I found out that I didnt even know how it would happened but I said it with confidence and believed it without doubting. We could also called this Faith, maybe that was what Paul was explaining to the Hebrews in his letter to the Hebrews in the bible,

2. Ginika

November 6, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I agree and can testify to that. I only realised that alot of things I thought of and said without knowing how to go about then, came through later on. I didnt say them knowing about this theory or principle, I said it with conviction in my heart and I meant it but didnt know how it would come about.

3. efe

November 6, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Wonderful article. l can relate with it.

4. Jay

November 6, 2014 at 12:53 pm

This is amazing and true. I just took a break from my current defeatist mentality and remembered when I made up my mind during NYSC that I would be financially independent by the end of the year and would never go back to living off my folks. I was consumed by this thought for the entire year and by the end, I started out on my own, registered a company and got a job. Thank you for reminding me about the power of my mind.

5. bimbo taiwo

November 6, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Hmm, great!!!! Dream come true. great leader, great fola.. I shall become what ever I choose to be……
    Fola has always been a great speaker from my secondary school, mayflower school, and he was our former SP boy. Real attracting opportunities for me

6. Tobiloba

November 6, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I’m quite pleased reading this awesome piece.Thanks and God bless you.

7. Omozai

November 6, 2014 at 5:39 pm

That’s the principle of ‘Autosuggestion’ in Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich.But i dont really know how to make this into practical use.I dont really know where to start from.Help..

8. mamakay

November 6, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Great piece coming from my favorite Senior Prefect ever. We all Ex-Mays are so proud of you. The sky is your limit bro!
    As we have been taught that we can become whatever we choose to be with the help of God and by being a great thinker. I must say this has really worked for me all through my life.. My advice for those that want to be successful in life- Be hardworking, trust in God, mingle with people of great minds, never ever use the word ‘ I CANNOT ‘ and lastly don’t be friends with pessimists because they would never allow your dreams come true
    ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.. YOU ARE WHATEVER YOU SET YOUR MIND TO BE
    Gracias

9. MO

November 6, 2014 at 7:20 pm

I can so relate with this, the mind has such great power that it yields results to the one who knows just how to wield it. Particularly blessed by the testimonies.

10. Concerned_Boyfriend

November 6, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Didn’t the bible say that without vision the people perish ?. You have to conceive it first before it becomes real. The battle of life is in the hearts and minds. You that battle, you live a fufilled life. Age old fact!

11. LILO

November 7, 2014 at 12:19 am

Didn’t read the article but clicked to ask who the heck is that fine boy?