Features

Fadesola Adedayo: Jonathan Must Go

For the sake of every Nigerian, Jonathan must go. The vast majority of the population, which is not part of the political elite, might think that the decision doesn’t concern them–“wetin concern me, nah me one do election?”; but in fact it concerns them more than any one else. When a ship is sinking, it is the 1st class cabin members who get the rowing boats – everyone else is left to sink.

Due to the globalization, the Nigerian elite have room to maneouver in ways they previously never could– the pace by which money can move around the world due to the proliferation of the internet and jet travel has accelerated the pace by which capital seeks its centres of the highest returns–in short the elite can invest/hide money in more places at a faster rate. Globalization was promised to be the tide that would lift all boats, when in fact it has mostly lifted only the yatches.

The poor should be most concerned about this turn of events because they cannot just leave the country– they have to stay here in this fetid stew that Jonathan has brewed in Nigeria. The rich can merely migrate to places where there is justice- convincing themselves that they are British/American/whatever isn’t Nigerian; when in fact they are mostly seen as wealthy interlopers by the natives of that country. Regardless of if their suit are Armani or not, they are still just niggers in a suits–fat ones at that.

The poor Nigerians are the ones that have to live in this land of injustice. In a land where they rich live above the law, the poor don’t simply live beneath the law, they are crushed under the daily weight of harassment that comes with the territory of being poor in Nigeria– harassment by police, by your oga, by the daily traffic and even by PHCN.

Jonathan hopes that the crude, blunt nature of daily Nigerian life would numb the populace to the atrocities he has committing/committed. In his attempts to keep power, he has ignored not only fundamental illness of the system but the symptoms as well. He has not only ignored widespread youth unemployment and under–education, but has failed to deal with their inevitable outcome–domestic terrorism in the form of Boko Haram. Lest we forget, this is the same man that said that he was unable to visit some parts of our nation, such is his cowardice. In his final shocking, albeit in character, act of desperation, he has postponed the elections putting our democracy in jeopardy.

Jonathan is a coward and I refuse to bow at his altar regardless of what position he occupies. He is a disgrace to Nigeria and the idea of democracy. The Nigerian Nero has laughed enough while Rome has burnt.

Enough is enough. Jonathan must go.

Editor’s note*
Opinion pieces on BellaNaija are representative of the writers and are not indicative of the opinion of the BellaNaija team.

1. kz

February 25, 2015 at 12:00 am

• eddy

February 25, 2015 at 5:05 am

Jonathan will win the elections, not because he’s a great politician, but because the opposition is not credible enough. APC is it stands now, with Buhari in it and people like Tinubu pulling the strings in the background, has nothing DIFFERENT to offer Nigerians. That is the simple truth!

2. kz

February 25, 2015 at 12:02 am

Yes yes yes!!! well said bro or bae or whoever you are…. This man called uncle jona is more than a disgrace. uncle jona is mogun. The mugunest president in Africa if not the world.

3. D

February 25, 2015 at 12:10 am

I second the motion like kilode!!!

4. Koko788

February 25, 2015 at 12:13 am

Ok… he Would go, he is going, he has gone.

wordsbykoko.blogspot.com

5. mr Isaac sai

February 25, 2015 at 12:18 am

so sir, where should we go now?

6. Engoz

February 25, 2015 at 1:12 am

Yes, Jonathan must indeed go and Buhari must never enter!
    Seems this is a ranting article. Let me help you join in this rant and state how I feel…I hope nobody will disturb me while I rant.
    I hope you know this ‘fetid stew’ has been brewing since 1960. What fetid stew did Jonathan brew that was not there before he entered? Is it in security, electricity? Let’s not have selective amnesia, please! All what Jonathan did was to add his own extra salt to this stew that Obasanjo, Babangida, Buhari, Abacha et al cooked. Rotflmao! Jonathan is not a coward, just stupid, illiterate and heartless. I do not call him a coward because I know the Nigerian definition of not being a coward is someone that exhibits the uncivilized and barbaric ‘agberoism’ of Obasanjo, or the terrorist disposition of our military leaders. Nigerians respect these traits in their leaders, so anyone who doesn’t have them is seen as a coward. So I refuse to call Jonathan a coward based on that. But he is stupid. Any person that has Doyin Okupe as his senior special assistant on public affairs is a stupid person. This is the reason he has goofed a lot in public social issues that a president is supposed to show empathy on and then you begin to wonder who are his advisers and why can’t he use his own common sense? So yes I do agree Jonathan must go.

7. NEKS

February 25, 2015 at 1:46 am

Dear Fadesola, I quite understand the frustration that has driven you to write this. I understand the passion- Nigeria should be greater than what it is but it isn’t; the masses have been grossly shortchanged by the elites who can “merely migrate to places where there is justice”. I do not fault this and i quite agree.

What i however find difficult to appreciate is how your argument logically leads to the conclusion you’ve drawn that “Jonathan must go”. Your post suggests that the issues plaguing our dear country started with GEJ. it suggests that Nigeria might have been a haven before this man assumed office. Globalisation started when GEJ was sworn in, hence it is the present favoured elite who have enjoyed the new found “room to maneouver in ways they previously never could”. this is what I personally understood from your write up.

You have also made wide assertions with nothing to back them up. You have also made these assertions deliberately ignoring some facts on ground or maybe you are simply unaware of them. Thus you must surely understand why i cannot be convinced by your argument.. Let me briefly explain – you say “GEJ has ignored widespread youth employment” but i beg to disagree. Have you heard of the Sure-P and YOUWIN initiatives, while these may not be 100% perfect, they represent a conscious effort. Personally, I know 2 young women whose lives have been changed by YOUWIN and before you conclude – No, they didn’t “know” anyone and today they are employers of labour.

You also said that GEJ has ignored under-education, I’m afraid you’ve been selective with the newspapers you read. My dear Fadesola, it is on record that this administration has built 150 Almajiri schools and at least every state has a university now. our education system needs major overhauling but hey you cant say the man has ignored the sector.

My dear Fadesola, the war on terror isn’t plain white and black, boko haram didn’t start under GEJ, there is a sequence of events, both immediate and remote that has got us in the mess we are. Unfortuantely GEJ did not give the North East the “Odi and zaki biam treatment”, maybe if he had, the story would have been different and maybe your likes would have been at the International Criminal Court filing claims on genocide and crimes against humanity. The man has admitted that his administration underestimated Boko Haram and I commend him on this, admission of failure is the first step towards redemption. The war on terror cannot be won without the open support of all stakeholders. Nigeria’s unsuccessful attempts to purchase weapons from our “allies” are well documented, the refusal of certain elders to publicly condemn the sect’s actions and the shenanigans from the leaders of some countries we share borders with are also on record. Thankfully, we now have a revitalized army and hopefully things will get better. This is a war on terror, it is not simple and it may go on for may years. The US in all her military glory has not defeated terror in the middle east. we do not fight against militants who are asking for their regions to be developed or for equitable resource allocation. we are up against an ideology that glorifies false martyrdom. I do not make excuses for GEJ but I think it is prudent that we appreciate the dynamics of our present situation.

My dear Fadesola, you say GEJ has “postponed the elections putting our democracy in jeopardy” First, Im sure you are aware that it was INEC acting within their legal statutory powers that postponed the election. if i remember correctly, in 2011, certain election dates were also postponed. Fadesola, remember that it was Jega who called a conference and not GEJ announcing to the whole world the decision to postpone. Second, while the reason for the postponement was tagged as security concerns, revelations now show that INEC indeed was not prepared. Curiously, the Boko Haram ravaged territories had more PVC collection rates than areas in the South. PVCs are allegedly still being produced abroad and INEC staff haven’t been fully trained for the exercise. Pray tell me what an election represents if a significant percentage of people are disenfranchised. GEJ has said that the elections will hold and that the handover date of May 29 is sacrosanct and we will all hold him to this. There is no need for preemption as the worst has not and hopefully will not happen. let us wait for March and if the elections do not hold, I will join you in accusing GEJ of desecrating our fragile democracy.

“Jonathan is a coward and I refuse to burn at his altar…” – my dear Fadesola, “cowardice” is a relative term. you have not really expatiated on how you reached this conclusion on GEJ’s character. Perhaps in another article, it would be nice if you explained your indices for judging a leader courageous or cowardly.

Interestingly, you have likened GEJ to Emperor Nero, i will not argue much on this but I will only state that the fact that you can comfortably and confidently write this article and call him a “coward”, a “disgrace” and “disappointment” is in itself the greatest testament that GEJ is nowhere near Nero. I’m forced to think that you may really be unaware of the historical antecedents of Nero, a quick wikipedia read will assist. In the future please use analogies that fit.

In conclusion, I must state that I do not hold brief for GEJ but I think we must be fair in our comments. Nigeria is in need of revitalization- I agree. I however implore that we objectively cast our mind to the root problems we encounter today while we blame the most available scape goat.. What we are suffering today is over 50 years of rot and decadence, a situation that will require healing that will not happen magically. 5+ years is not enough to remedy over 50 years of rot. we only need deliberate efforts fueled by altruism, nationalism and continuity. We will get “there” but we must be realistic in our expectations.

My dear Fadesola, everyone is emotional in these trying times, the tension from the elections alone is enough to give one malaria but please be fair and logical in your comments. Your article is full of insults and unsupported conclusions. In the Future, it would be helpful if you could logically support your premise with great arguments, that way a reader would be drawn to the conclusions you wish them to make. Had your arguments been clear and devoid of emotions, you wouldn’t even have needed the title “Jonathan must Go”, Your arguments would have done that for you.
    Kind regards and apologies for this long epistle and any typos!

• laide

February 25, 2015 at 7:01 am

I love the way u write..I do not support Gej, but u have articulately expressed ur opinions and thrown more light on the issue.

• Tanwa

February 25, 2015 at 7:05 am

Hi Neks.
      Your reply was intelligent and objective devoid of emotionalism. Tinubu, Fashola and Buhari are trying too hard to hoodwink Nigerians n then bully them by calling President Jonathan a bad name to just to Hang him. All the while disguising their personal Agenda of Islamization. Of Nigeria. The only person I feel sorry for is Gov. Amaechi. He has miscalculated n will reap the rewards in due season. He should have tried to settle the personal difference with the President amicably. Anyway your reply simply told me you are well informed n educated too. For sure Jonathan does not have the presence of a former general used to show boating on the parade ground. Does that mean he is not a leader. I think people are under rating the President it might come back to bite them. The reason the Western nations refused to help us with arms is because they feel the north is being marginalized from power. So they see boko haram fighting for the north n not as a terror group. This is a lie being feed to the west by a former US ambassador (Campbell) to Nigeria ,who having spent less than 4 years in Nigeria is now the expert on Nigeria quoted by virtually all sources in the west. Yes I live abroad. I left because of the state of our nation way before Jonathan became President. So the person you replied is certainly going with the southwest /northern herd agenda. God help Nigeria brace up folks the water is about to get hot.

• Chinma Eke

February 25, 2015 at 7:19 am

I wish I had the time to love this comment about a million times, but my dear, do know that I do love and appreciate people like you who present a logical argument, not facts’.
      Bellanaija, I would have felt better if beneath this article I found a disclaimer pointing to this article as a sponsored post.

• Changing Faces

February 25, 2015 at 7:54 am

Very well articulated! I’m surprised no one is claiming you’re on GEJS payroll yet… until you have a superior argument, kindly bow to that of articulate NEKS

8. Sisi

February 25, 2015 at 1:46 am

All this politricks people again. Ask people to give you cogent reasons why they are voting for whoever they are voting for and I’m pretty sure none would suffice, msheeeew next please

9. olufemi

February 25, 2015 at 2:27 am

Nigeria, my beloved country. I was born in America, raised in Nigeria, but now reside in America. I love my country too much, I have never referred to myself as an American, only on paper. I go home every year, not to see my parents, but to get my feel of Balogun, eat puffpuff and get my taste of whatever local buka come my way.
    I honestly am disappointed in Jonathan, I was in Nigeria during the 2011 elections, and truly thought he was the change we needed. But, what a shame, he is ignorant to a fault. What I don’t understand is why he still wants to be the president when it is obvious the majority of us don’t want him there. I WEEP for my country, because I don’t know whose hands our generation will hand over to.
    I was Nigeria during the Buhari/Idiagbon reign and I remember that things were decent, war against indiscipline, which we are an in-disciplined nation. We need the likes of Buhari to put that back, that will reduce corruption drastically . You may say I don’t live in Nigeria what do I know. I know a lot about the politics in Nigeria because I follow Nigeria as a country. I had originally said to some people that Ekiti”s election was rigged, just from looking at the event of things. How can a hooligan( excuse my French) like Fayose, come from being impeached, being in the slums rise back to the top. There is definitely something wrong with that picture.
    My people say ojo gbogbo ni ti ole, ojo kan ni ti oni nkan. My prayer is that God will judge all of the people that are stealing us dry even to the 3rd and 4th generation, as he said in the bible ijn. So, if your daddy is stealing our money, you best be assured that you will reap the judgement of God.
    The atrocities in our country is too much, haba. I personally don’t care for Tinubu either, but I am hoping and praying that God will intervene.

• BO

February 28, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Olufemi Thank you for this am so irritated with the eastern and south south people saying jona met problems on ground and as such he doesn’t need to do anything….I just wish honestly the east and south south can go with their oil…as far as I am concerned what Cocoa money did in the south west the oil hasn’t done it anywhere else. The issues oil has given us as a nation is enough….It is a shame anyway….I pray those who don’t see what Jonathan has done wrongly to the 7th generation, will their lives be just like Nigeria is POVERTY and corruption……To those who want the nation to prosper with good governance not necessary Buhari/Tinubu and the likes will enjoy the land will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water and knows no season to the 7th generation…..where on earth will someone say he underestimated Boko haram and he is still ruling the most populous and famous black nation on earth….Like seriously minus hundreds of billion of dollars that is missing from federation account…….

10. EllesarisEllendil

February 25, 2015 at 3:36 am

Goodluck walks into a bank to cash a cheque. “Good morning”, says Goodluck, “could you please cash this cheque for me?”
    Cashier: “It would be my pleasure Sir, but could you please show me some identification?”
    Goodluck: “Truthfully… I did not bring my ID with me as I didn’t think there was any need to. But hang on! I’m Goodluck, President of Nigeria and Doyin Okupe’s Lord and personal saviour!!!”. “I like Facebook”.
    Cashier: ““Yes Sir, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers etc, I must insist on seeing some identification”.
    Goodluck: “Just ask any of the customers here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am!”
    Cashier: “I’m sorry Sir, but these are the bank rules and I must follow them”..
    Goodluck: “I am urging you please, to cash this cheque for me”.
    Cashier: “Look Sir, this is what we can do. One day Ronaldinho came into the bank without any ID. To prove he was Ronaldinho he juggled the ball 1000 times. With that sort of skill we knew it was Ronaldinho and we cashed his cheque. On another occasion, Roger Federer came in without any ID. He pulled out his tennis racquet and lobbed a tennis ball straight into my teacup with such a spectacular shot that we all knew it was Roger Federer and we cashed his cheque. So Sir, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you, as the Leader of Africa’s most populous nation?”
    Goodluck stood there thinking and thinking and then finally says, “To be honest, there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can’t think of a single thing that I’m any good at.”
    Cashier: “Will that be large or small notes you require Mr Goodluck?”

11. Harry

February 25, 2015 at 4:06 am

Dreamer…. Buhari is not the prototype of change we need now.

12. just me

February 25, 2015 at 4:34 am

Partings are a part of life,Nigeria must divide for the good of everyone.Niger deltans and Igbo need to go,Hausa and Yoruba will merge then everyone will be happy.pharaoh let my people go.

13. Tunde

February 25, 2015 at 4:51 am

If you support jonathan for one more term… Please pray say make nature do your life the way that clueless man has discombobulated Nigeria for the past 4 years

• KZ

February 25, 2015 at 7:30 pm

YOU SPOKE MY MIND BRO…. HE SAID AND I QUOTE ” If you support jonathan for one more term… Please pray say make nature do your life the way that clueless man has discombobulated… ” IT THAT SIMPLE. IF YOU CAN PRAY LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW AND SAY AMEN. I WILL VOTE FOR UNCLE JONA

14. sean

February 25, 2015 at 5:07 am

Enough of good luck”s bashing which is coming mainly from the southwest and north,you don’t see the southwest or north complaining when nigerdeltans are begin marginalised,Yoruba pls stop this tribalism and hatred towards other tribes, you wake up in the morning in Lagos and all u hear is oloshi,oloriburuku etc,enough of the cursing pls stop it,an average Yoruba doesn’t even know there are beautiful places in the SS or SE,they only know London or america,they don’t even know their country yet they want us to be one,look around you anywhere in Nigeria,you will find a nigerdeltan or an igno person because they are liberal but you can’t find Yoruba easily anywhere,most Yorubas think we have no houses in the east and Niger Delta just like the white man thinks Africans live on trees,we must be one country since we don’t love each other at all,let us all fight for peaceful separation instead of this good luck bashing,he has people who love him too,Nigeria has never had constant power or whatever and good luck isn’t the cause,he has people working for him and if they are sabotaging him,the job can hardly be done right.pls raise your kids to love their neighbours.and pls don’t ‘yimu’

• Ogonna

February 25, 2015 at 6:52 am

Na wa o. Uncle pls take several seats abeg. You talking ’bout tribalism and see what you’ve typed. Abeg! tribalism starts and ends with you. shikena!

15. zizi

February 25, 2015 at 5:39 am

Whatever your name is go do some findings on what president has done, if it’s a huge task look up for his recent interview and do some research.for your information grandpa Buhari can never be our president. Oga eme gi na anya fiam , you thing Nigeria that ‘ve been ran down by Apc who’s shouting change can change over night? Do you know what’s it takes to construct a road, build up industry for more improvements,build serious power supply, build agriculture etc? You mistake president as a God who would say let’s there be light , industries and try appear? Which bush or village are you from again? What happened to the word “road can’t be build in a day?”meaning it takes a gradual process for ongoing projects to emerge. Obama really lose second tenure and was criticized but later won, and his second tenure finished every projects he couldn’t finish in his first tenure and US economy has emerged after Bush left it in shambles. For your information he has acquired necessary ammunition and they are fighting boko harem which grandpa Buhari and co was using as excuse and change they are bringing.a man who loves his country will do everything possible with government to put his country at peace not when in power, he needs to be president to fight boko haram? Shame on apc . Let them keep their chicken change my president is coming with cow change. The fat change we need not chicken . Because you ‘ve seen him doing something new you got so bittered and ran on social media to rant and awaken people who are embracing real change.
    Bear with my English my people for my main language is igbo andam proud of it and glad my parents used it as first language.

16. zizi

February 25, 2015 at 5:56 am

Warri Bible is out…grab Ur copy nw!!!
    Sample version:
    ENG:- As it is written in the Bible.
    WARRI:-As dem yan for Bible.
    ENG:- Jesus entered d boat wit his disciples.
    WARRI:- Bros J cum enta canoe wit him padi dem.
    ENG:- As d boat was sailing, there was a great storm.
    WARRI:- As d canoe dey move, na im yawa cum gas.
    ENG:- The storm was so great dat it was like a
    whirlwind.
    WARRI:- As d yawa dey gas na im kasala burst join.
    ENG:- The disciples became so afraid dat dey shouted
    Master! Master!!
    WARRI:- Na im liver fail him padi dem, na im dey begin
    dey hala…Bros eh! Bros eh!!
    ENG:- Jesus got up ND calmed down d wind.
    WARRI:-Na so Bros J gt up com arrange d mata.
    ENG:-he turned to his disciples ND said, oh ye wit little
    faith.
    WARRI:- Na im Bros J com look him padi dem shake
    him head, com provoke…“O BOI UNA FALL MY HAND”.
    ENG:- The disciples replied nd said “WAT MANNER OF
    MAN IS THIS? ”
    WARRI:- him padi dem com hala “SHOOO…Bros J, which levels naa? U be winsh???
    …..share it with friends.

17. Godspower

February 25, 2015 at 6:11 am

@ NEKS …..Almighty God will bless you….we all know that this is a gang up against Mr President…..I still don’t understand how the nigerian electorate ignore the fact that state governors and local government collect 26 percent and 22 percent from all monies accrue to the country through the federation account…..

Federal 52 percent
    State 26 percent
    Local government 22 percent

Are you guys aware that the local government still do not have any autonomy….so the state collect it unbehalf of the local government and decide on how the local government spend it

So we can say the states receives 48 percent…..but many Nigerians have refused to see that the state governors continue to hide behind all the blame hauled at Mr President but refuses to blame the governors…leaving the fact that the federal has too much burden like the national security …police, army, navy, Air Force, security our territorial integrity….

Lagos state for example has a GDP of 135 billion dollars…the Lagos economy is bigger than That of Ghana and Kenya joined together…..Lagos state alone is 26 percent of the Nigeria economy…if Lagos was a country, it will be the 5 th largest economy in Africa…people keep saying Lagos is working, but forget the potential and the resources Lagos have…anyway we will leave that matter for another day

In Edo state, where am from…am privilege to be close to a local government chairman, his monthly allocation from the federal is suppose to be 170 million monthly ..he is expected to come into the accountant general office to sign for the entire funds…he is told to sign for the 170 million naira, but only credit with 80 million naira to pay salary, and run the council…and the governor collects about 90 million for himself….we have 18 local government in Edo state…so imagine the level of corruption these governors involve in

Please we are not saying there is no corruption at the federal level…please let us not be distracted..the percentage of corruption in the state is more than the federal by ratio…

Is the any law that prohibit the state governor from setting up an anti corruption agency like the EFCC or ICPC….but yet they all direct their fingers to Denziani

The truth is that we need serious restricting in Nigeria ….I don’t think buhari has the intellectual capacity to sail us at this critical time…

There are many information I can’t really disclose here that I know….our state governors in Nigeria are worse..be it PDP or APC….both parties have thieves within…

• Tanwa

February 25, 2015 at 7:35 am

Hmnnnnnnn……….. truly Buhari does not have the intelligence really. I watched his interview and it became apparent why Nigeria is where it is today. Uneducated men ruling by the gun for years. Buhari is not the saint they are painting him to be. Believe me. He looks sick which explains why the southwest want him there hoping to do a good luck 2. Iro. Let pa. He no go work.

18. Amoke T.O

February 25, 2015 at 6:27 am

Ode to Fadesola;the eyeball and mouthpiece of the “less priviledged”Uncle Jona Jona eh ka sha fi si enu ka dake(put am 4 mouth nd shut up)

19. Pam ogbole

February 25, 2015 at 6:47 am

We know what GEJ has done for us in Benue….I hear people saying buhari will win Benue…that is a big fat lie…..80 percent of Benue is for goodluck….apc can continue to live in dreamland…..President jonathan all the way…we know apc have hijacked social media…but what they fail to realise is that there are less than 5 million Nigerians on social media platforms….whether they like it or not…we minority in the north knows where our interest lie…..

You people can write what you like…we will still vote GEJ …..

20. Busarni

February 25, 2015 at 7:14 am

BN why na? It is articles like this that made me took a break on your site. What manner of article is this. I think it’s proper you set standard on what you publish before all these wanna be writers downgrade your blog. No supporting arguments at all.
    Freedom of speech being abused anyhow; @neks; God bless you good.

21. mico

February 25, 2015 at 7:22 am

@godspower or whatever Ur name is, u are a pathological liar, 70 to 75% of that same money is ment for recurrent expenditure, that is workers salaries especially teachers, if d governor collect more than half d money like u claim, how do d local government pay their workers. like I said d other day it is unfortunate that most Nigerian youth brain are on herbination, u don’t do research, instead u come here to spill those maggots u got from beer parlor

• Busarni

February 25, 2015 at 7:29 am

@mico; please I will need some schooling on “herbination”???? Are you sure your brain is not on hibernation? School me please.

• Changing Faces

February 25, 2015 at 8:03 am

Why the name calling? Say your views without disrespecting others! Argue and back it up with facts, and quit the name calling

22. Tanwa

February 25, 2015 at 7:27 am

Olufemi.

Be aware majority of Nigerians do not want the Tinubu/ Buhari Muslim cabal . Created along tribal lines. No body is born to rule. Buhari smacks of so much arrogance like has won already. With an office that looks like a Presidents, he will get the shocker of his life come march. Remember the hades of march.

23. Chinma Eke

February 25, 2015 at 7:27 am

I think, that in order to avoid a repeat of this gross ignorance among majority of the Nigerian citizens, the government should make a crash course in governance, history and the Nigerian constitution compulsory. So we can forestall such ignorance in future. Just a little understanding of how democracy works, and some economics classes too will go a long way to helping us understand better, because this widespread ignorance is getting embarrassing.

24. Changing Faces

February 25, 2015 at 8:06 am

BN, whoever approved this article needs a query! I was scrolling to the end of the article to see sponsored content, but it isn’t…someone actually read this and felt it worthy of publication? In that case, please publish NEKS article as a rejoinder; atleast it’s better written

25. NEKS

February 25, 2015 at 9:40 pm

I didn’t know the article had been restored. thanks for all the compliments! insomnia has a way of sharpening the mind! I never ever comment on blogs, i just “observe”. this pre-election period has been so tense and i try to keep my opinions to myself and to respect the opinions of others. but last night, this write up really really got to me! glad people see my point. cheers!

26. Lade

February 25, 2015 at 10:16 pm

How did we get here Nigeria?.When did we become so blind,that simple things don’t make sense…Fadesola,Thank you my brother.I actually feel very heartbroken I voted President Jonathan…Today marks a year,the boys in that Buni Yadi,Yola,Adamawa state was murdered.A parent tweeted the pic of his son in cold blood..GOD…It is enough for me to vote for Buhari..It is enough…the Blood of innocent people are crying..President Jonathan pls just go…If you like say anything you like here,the truth is check your conscience,if your son u gave birth to is gunned down in cold blood in school…U will vote for Jonathan. .continue… God will judge….

27. Bammest

February 26, 2015 at 2:28 am

All these yoruba and hausa people no be una pa get nigeria?

Why is it an hausa person can be in power and be mediocre and nobod complain. Obj do the same thing nobody complain. But when it is a non yoruba or hausa una want a saint..

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. GEJ is a big disappointment and failure. But i am cognizant of the fact that he didnt start it. Obj can loot but Ijaw cannot loot?

When “others” loot una go remember holiness, righteousness and all that B.S

28. nnenne

February 28, 2015 at 4:52 am

@olufemi…
    Do you actually know that people rejoiced at the end of Idiagbon/Buhari regime?
    Do you know that they used the gun to try to force down prices which led to inflation?
    Do you know that essential goods and services were rationed and “people who knew people” made millions out of that system? Poor economic know how!
    The problem with most Nigerians is that we don’t read, so we forget easily.
    How can a normal human being claim Jonathan’s administration is the worst?
    What happened to our oil boom money?
    A time when the Naira was worth more than the dollar? What Happened during Abacha’s regime?
    GEJ could do better but to tag his regime Nigeria’s most corrupt government is very unfair.

QUESTION:
    In a country with surplus manpower,why is it that Buhari is the Messiah? REALLY?

Thanks a lot Neks. You nailed it.