Features

Peculiar Okafor: Kim Kardashian is a Feminist

BN-Pick-Your-Fave-Kim-Kardashian-Zoe-Kravitz-February-2015-BellaNaija0006As I passed the walk way I heard the words ‘You’re actually very intelligent, you’re not just a pretty face’. Recognizing the confusion on my face he continues ‘Your contribution at that lecture was so intelligent and perceptive while I struggled to understand what was being taught’. I said thank you to which he responded matter-of-factly ‘It wasn’t a compliment, just fact. You’re very pretty, I never knew you were so intelligent’.

Most of us grew up hearing about how a woman should and shouldn’t behave, how she should act and if she does right, karma would reward her with a loving husband. Even Disney promoted this notion with all the Knight in shining armor movies we watched. Then for some reason it seemed this failed us and we decided that we were our own knights and the talents God has given us our shinning amour and Lord knows women have made so much success.

Then comes Kim Kardashian who the whole world says is popular for doing ‘nothing’ and the women go ‘Geez she’s taking us backwards, just when we had perfected the act of being women.’

I have thought long and hard on Kim Kardashian and a part of me believes that Kim might be one of the biggest feminists and she might not even know it. (Remember what you’re doing is so loud, people can’t hear what you’re saying). These are my reasons for labelling Kim a feminist and I will compare this with the internationally acclaimed ‘We should all be feminists’ TedTalk by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

She Owns her Sexuality
You remember the part of  Chimamanda’s talk about teaching women to shrink themselves? Well sexuality is the one thing women are taught to shrink. How dare you be a sexual being? You are a woman and only prostitutes are sexual, oriegwu. While we might not agree with how Kim’s sexuality is owned, she owns it, QED.

She Has Defined Her Own Woman and is Living It
Like her or hate her, Kim isn’t wearing manly suits and trying to look like a man in order to succeed in this world; she is being her own woman and making her money from it. I have always believed that a woman shrinking her femininity is just as bad as a black person bleaching to look white. See an excerpt from Chimamanda’ speech “The sad truth is that when it comes to appearance, we start off with men as the standard, as the norm. Many of us think that the less feminine a woman appears, the more likely she is to be taken seriously”. Kim doesn’t have any problem not needing to dress like a man and she has met one of the greatest world leaders – Obama.

She Didn’t Let her Mistake (which was committed alongside a man) Take Her Down
Sex tape?, she spun it around and made some dollars. The same way ladies shouldn’t be thinking a child, failed marriage etc is a reason to hide in shame.

She Has No Fears Going For What She Wants in a Relationship
A woman who wasn’t afraid to walk out of a marriage in just a few days is a liberated woman. Her motives might have been wrong but she walked out. Lots of women stay even when there are legitimate reasons to leave because they are afraid of what people will say, but not Kim. She walked out and today has a man who loves her (at least says he loves her).

She Has Her Own Money
Kim Kardashian has made money using the gifts she has. If you say all she has is her looks note that lots of people have become billionaires by owning beauty companies, Madam C.J Walker, Mary Kay Ash,etc. After all, not every beautiful woman has been able to turn it into billions, just as not everyone with the gift of writing has best sellers like Chimamanda.

I am indifferent to Kim Kardashian. I was a tomboy so I do not understand the need to be referred to as the prettiest girl in the room. I hardly take pictures but I love fashion and makeup to an extent. Being a female who sat comfortably at the table of men, I heard jokes about beautiful women not needing to work and ugly girls needing to be intelligent in order to get by. Somehow, beautiful women who built empires learnt to sit on their looks.

True feminism is the belief in the equality of the sexes. If we truly believe the sexes are equal, then we will encourage each one to fully express who they are even if we might not agree with the chosen form of expression either due to moral or personal reasons.

Until people are no longer surprised that the pretty, model looking female with perfect makeup is very intelligent and the boss; until a woman stays in a marriage (or walks out) because she wants to not for fear of being labelled; until men struggle to satisfy their women’s sexual and other needs for fear of not losing them; until society allows women to be the women they were called to be – Kim Kardashian, Hillary Clinton, Chimamanda, Tyra Banks, Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade, or a housewife; until we no longer look to men for validation, and books and talks on how to get and keep a woman are best sellers, just as books on how to get and keep a man are…. we still have a long way to go.
Until we are not afraid that acknowledging the need for companionship will make us look backward or weak; until we expect and demand to be taken care of, respected and pampered by our spouses just as we will be respected as the boss and worthy equals by our peers in the workplace; until the definition of a real woman becomes ‘whatever the hell she wants to be’ or to put it mildly ‘her best self free to utilize her God-given potentials’…we have a long way to go.

Feminist: Someone who believes in the equality of the sexes.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Peculiar is a Marketing communications personnel, she believes that one can have a full life without being bitchy and she wants it all 'A good career, love, laughter, wealth, you name it. She blogs at www.daworkdiva.blogspot.com.ng.. Follow her on Instagram @daworkdiva and Facebook 'www.facebook.com/Daworkdiva'

1. aish

March 23, 2015 at 11:44 am

preach my sister. preach. Kim Kardashian should be a case study in business schools because that woman is business. even with all the so called talented people…they cant eat her dust not to talk of match her savy business skills. she has a body made for sin and yes all you haters want her body and are too ashemed to admit it. i love kim and all that she represents.

• EllesarisEllendil

March 23, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Give her Mother the credit seeing as she is the manager.

2. Modesty

March 23, 2015 at 12:13 pm

okey>>>>>>>>>>>> Business……. just passing

• really though?

March 23, 2015 at 7:56 pm

What is this business savy skills? How to put a sex tape out and become a brand for sex. Her business is posting nude photos, going from one man to the other, gets paid to wear clothes, makeup, fashion i mean its still all in the line of beauty. Shes selling her beauty. Whats so business savy about that.. Controversy sells, sex sells, fashion, makeup sells. And she dates black men, surgically enhanced her body to be curvy. C’C’mon now, people are so lame nowadays nothing substantial just fakeness. Fakeness is the new brand, thats what sells too

3. Osa

March 23, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Yawns

4. Fashionista

March 23, 2015 at 12:45 pm

I hear you loud and clear! Frankly, Kim pisses me off but I respect what she has done for herself and how she lets nothing deter her. One may say she’s not a role model etc. Well, go look for another role model; she is living her own life and owning it. I’m just waiting to see how this article is going to be attacked, misinterpreted, misconstrued etc. sigh!

5. ada nnewi

March 23, 2015 at 12:45 pm

The major reason why I love Kim Kardashian is, every time people think she should crawl in a hole and die she just keeps climbing not caring who’s looking up her skirt…

6. Nahum

March 23, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Seriously though, what’s with Nigerian women and their obsession with Kim K? Are there no other naked women out there? However, I do agree with this article but I just wish she could be more of a feminist with her clothes on. I guess that’s the prude in me. Just my humble pie opinion sha

7. Oyiza

March 23, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Fantastic Piece! God bless you for this! I pray a lot of women get to read this! S/O to KIM K though.

8. tunmi

March 23, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Yep. My only grouse is America’s colorism issue.

• NaSo

March 23, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Lol same, my opinion as well. I am indifferent to kim and actually commend her success although sometimes I do not agree with what she does but thats her life. I am sorry to say this guys we can’t deny the colorism/favouritism going on in America. If Kim was a Black woman how many of the Nigerian women praising her would still do so? would Kanye West have married her and gone around professing love up and down? would American media still fawn over her, especially knowing her body is fake? its a good thing she is achieving her dreams but the hypocrisy gets to me at times.
      for example, Amber rose – she has unashamedly admitted her past as a stripper and tried to move on, broke up with Kanye and Wiz after finding out they cheated on her, still makes money although not on Kims level but she still goes about her grind …yet she gets insults about being a cheap ho* etc…why isn’t she seen as a feminist as well? or even Nicki Minaj sef, hell even Rihanna doesn’t have articles defending her like this.

Closer to home is Maheeda or even on a mild level Tonto Dike, I read how people kept on insulting her for being herself yet Kim is supposed to be an icon…..love and support who you all want but i don’t like hypocrisy, the only difference is the money level but they are all birds of the same feather if you are going to call one out, call them all out.

Ps; I am willing to read another opinion. no insults please.

• Nahum

March 23, 2015 at 3:06 pm

You do not deserve any insults at all. A very solid point!! Why the obsession with Kim K in Naija? I just don’t get it!! We all scream that Cossy Orijakor is a slut but isn’t she owning her sexuality as well? Good point

• Sigh

March 23, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Isn’t the idea of feminism or being a feminist is show that a woman is more than a sexual being or her success should be beyond her sexuality. I guess, the definition of feminism has changed bcos modern day feminism is accepting and validating the reason the word feminism even came up in the first place. Kim k’s popularity started from using her sexuality and still continues to use it to remain relevant. It’s quite an insult to the real feminists. And let’s not confuse women’s rights to feminism. Kim k is doing nothing different except she’s a white woman, who just happens to have a savy business woman as a mother to back her up and the fact that she’s a white woman with fake body parts(to appear more curvy) but black woman are called unattractive just for that. Black men will not come close to a Kim k if she was black. She will be called “hoe” can’t keep a man. The main write up should be, about white women are more accepting doing what is considered to be black. And Kim also has exotic features due to her Armenian heritage, and society are more accepting to middle grounds. It’s sad, to see Nigerian women falling for the hype and obsession while criticize their own if they act like Kim k. Biggest hypocrites ever and confused beings. So, you praise her bcos she’s white but insult your own black. White superiority is the root of the problem.

• Colour Purple

March 23, 2015 at 10:07 pm

I don’t think the obsession had anything to do with her colour, I think it was her status as a rich man pikin (her daddy was made even more popular by the oj simpson case) and her fixation with bad guys that made her popular. She had already gotten married as a teenager b4 the whole sex tape wahala. She elicits varying responses from people because she has made a living off what could have destroyed a lot of people.

9. Goldfish

March 23, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Spoken well……..not everyone will understand the reasons behind your action(s) but you do what you gat to do as a STRONG Woman.

10. beegirl

March 23, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Wow, very interesting article, makes alot of sense but really haven’t thought of kim k as a feminist, but your reasons are valid

11. jefka

March 23, 2015 at 2:37 pm

never saw her as a feminist though but your article makes loads of sense.
    i personally am not fascinated by her, i think she is a strong woman holding her own.
    and all the kim k haters how market? wher all of una dey? someone will be tempted to ask this question, but pls let me remind that person that peculiar showed us other sides of kim k we never thought of and we are here to either agree or disagree not hating, kim k haters are entitled to change their minds anytime they want after all deputy governor of rivers state changed his mind just 5days to election.

12. Dee Esther

March 23, 2015 at 2:44 pm

You all surely don’t know the meaning of the word Feminism….you don’t have an idea (even the writer) …

Is it all about making money or staying naked to the world and still married? Is it about selling sex tapes and making money and declaring i have moved on? NOOOOO…

I watched this new chic from d bloc who also did a sex tape (mind you, that’s the easiest means of making money in d hollywood industry) …named Farrah Abraham… the painful part is that all of you would wipe it off and say she’s a strong lady….ISSHH!! I studied Feminism(Literature) in d University and understudy ladies used in adult movies…so i know what i am talking about!!!

Chimanmanda Adichie you all keep mentioning about as a celebrity to Feminism has never come out to show off her boobs to celebrate her values as a feminist!(does that separate the fact she has no sexual life,no!! I dislike articles like this because you are shedding light on the wrong aspect of feminism! Hell yea, she made her money and is still making her money! but trust me, that aint the life to emulate(life full of botox and surgeries and fake alls) for the young ladies… i do not beef any Kim or any other celeb but I celebrate every woman who would DO it RIGHT to make IT RIGHT….leaving the norm but not showing off your sexualism as a reason to celebrate Feminism is game for me….. female celebs i celebrate are Sophie Vergara,Celin Dion,Shakira,etc….

Your beauty(natural) can be used to do things right, your impact can be felt in your drive to make a difference!!

Sex is now an enterprise so the more women allow men to make us as tools the more shades are poured on the goals of the Feminism movement…#irestmycase!!!

• Nahum

March 23, 2015 at 3:02 pm

@Dee Esther, no one is celebrating Kim K’s actions here (at least not me). What we agree on is the fact that she is working hard to be a strong and independent woman. Now, her methods may not gel with others and are highly questionable, but guess what? That’s an aspect of feminism! We have to admit that she is making her own waves and building her own brand. One aspect of feminism is about giving women the opportunity to create their own space on this earth, no matter how disgusted we feel about it. I guess you can say, Kim K is a shining example of one of the drawbacks (depending on your point of view) of feminism.

• oyin

March 23, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Feminism is about women being independent and making waves for themselves. So, i guess a woman selling her body for sex, shes independent but as long as shes making money. The whole concept of independent women is distorted. Its just wrong the way feminism is seen or portrayed now. Kim k is not making any waves for herself. She needs sex, men to still make waves for herself. I think, its time for that word “feminist” to be put to rest. Its lost its actual meaning

13. Denise

March 23, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Might I point out that owning your sexuality does not mean that you should be stupid enough to make a sex tape and ride on the mere fact that you are beautiful to succeed in life. Being a feminist comes with depth and mystery, and I am sorry but this is one thing that Kim Kardashian lacks. Yes she is accomplished in her field of selfies obsession and empty fame, but is she truly successful? The truth is, people will always make mistakes, but rising out of the ashes is what makes a person truly great. Putting your name on various over priced luxury products which have done nothing to better human existence is not my idea of success-or feminism.

14. Say the truth

March 23, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Feminism is when you take nudes and share to the whole world under the guise of “I’m owning my body/sexuality”.

15. Anonymous

March 23, 2015 at 2:53 pm

I am a true feminism and I believe in celebrating women’s achievement. I am coming to realize that there are different kinds of feminist (as there are different kinds of people). However, something in me dies when people say Kim K and Nikki Minaj are feminists. Maybe they are but I don’t think selling sexuality will buy us the respect we so desperately need. Whilst we should celebrate our sexuality, we should acknowledge that female body isn’t art. It also makes a mockery of the plight of those women who are forced to sell their bodies to survive.

16. sum1special

March 23, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Never thought of this side to Kim Kardashian. I actually respect the author for bring this thought. Not like it matters to some of us but it sure makes sense. Suceeding as a woman and not trying to be like a man to succeed as a man. Kim is not as daft as people think.

17. Ms Geeky 30

March 23, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Peculiar, while I understand the points highlighted in your article, I think you have failed to consider the many other dimensions and aspects to Kim K which if considered along with your above points may lead to a completely different conclusion to the one you have arrived at.

Firstly, it has taken women centuries to be seen as something other than a pretty face. By posing nude and subjecting herself to the validation of men ogling her just for her looks alone, she does herself a disservice and validates the opinion many already have of us- that we have no place at the table and are predominantly good for the bed and the kitchen. Please don’t get me wrong, I would actually agree with her stance if I knew she was doing this for her own empowerment and pleasure and because it felt good to her as a woman. I do not presume to know what is going on in her head but it seems to me the timing of her nude photos is suspect. Every ex-girlfriend of her husband has indicated that he is a bit of a control freak and likes his women in ‘sophisticated stripper’ like mode. It seems to me that she is doing this not for herself but to satisfy the ego of a man who has never felt good enough or secure enough in himself. Kanye appears to continually seek validation by telling other men- “see who I am shagging at home’.

You mentioned marriage in your article. Feminism is not an excuse for indecency, downright selfishness and a lack of consideration for others. This is a woman who cheated with her current husband, who also walked out of two marriages, one after just a few months. While I agree that you should not be pressured or locked into a relationship you do not want to be in, you should also not get married in the first place if you are not a 100% sure that you want to spend the rest of your life with that person and that applies to both males and females. If it was a man who did this, we would jump down his throat and call him out as a bad person who lacks a sense of responsibility and has no integrity. If we are to be feminists, we must hold women to the same standard. On the face of it, there did not appear to be exigent circumstances such as abuse in said marriage given all of the information available via court papers and documents so this was not an example of feminism but a lack of responsibility bordering on downright selfishness.

They say people act on the outside the way they feel on the inside. Feminism is about being who you are irrespective of societal pressure amongst other things. It is about being whole and secure in yourself whether male or female and I cannot say that either one of these attributes can be ascribed to Kim Kardashian, Nobody, male or female, can be a full feminist when you seek validation from the attraction of sexual attention alone. Every human being is so much more, has so much more to give to the world.

On your points about money and turning her mistake into a fee earner, I completely agree with you but I would respect her more and possibly consider her a feminist if she lived life on her own terms rather than on the terms of her mother, Kanye, or whoever appears to be taking the reins at that point in time.

• ehn

March 23, 2015 at 4:39 pm

I love me some Ms Geeky. Well said

18. daisy

March 23, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Good article. It’s not just about the sexuality tho, she mentioned other key characters worthy of note, y’all should let the sexuality part rest.

19. Ngozi

March 23, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Am sorry but this article is an insult to the concept of feminism and to the women out there who are working hard legitimately to succeed in their career, personal and family life. Anybody that equates Kim being naked(selling sex) to being a model for feminism is having a laugh. Am sorry, there is nothing about Kim that is feminist. Whilst I do respect and appreciate her hustle for her money, I can’t support her on a feminist level. Everything or success isn’t about money and designer bags,Why Nigerians Worship this lady is beyond me. Nice try tho.

• molarah

March 23, 2015 at 4:52 pm

So much has been said already on this controversy of the definition of feminism on BellaNaija alone, I guess its safe to just agree to disagree on it. Maybe BN could do us a favour and dedicate an article or post to a thesis on feminism to calm us all down. And you probably misunderstood the writer, she never indicated that she approved of Kim K’s lifestyle. Maybe its one article too many on Kim K or feminism, but I really appreciated the angle of this particular article.

20. BuLLs**T!

March 23, 2015 at 4:20 pm

I call bull on this entire article. In fact, you did not back it up not once with one solid feminist Theory. Except for the moderate feminist definition of equality of the sexes.
    Obviously you know a little bit about gender theory, because you give little hints of Gender spheres and sexual inequality for men and women. However, you did not say it outright.

Now here is my problem with your thoughts on Feminism.
    Feminism is equality of both Male and female, but it is also the ability to operate autonomously as male or female and in corporation with each other, with each party over powering or over taking the other. It is mostly, all inclusive!

At first glance, Kim K seems to be breaking all the gender stereotypes and gender spheres etc, but in truth, she is only acting in a male sphere for male pleasure. She does not advance females, nor give any chance for equality. How does she do this? Sex!! Sex is the male’s motivation and gives MEN’s pleasure, so Kim K operates in MEN’s field, for MEN’s pleasure in essence reverting right back to the sexual object that females were suppressed to be in the first place!!

Being a sexual object excludes all those who are NOT able to appease the male gaze, i.e older women, full figure girls, lesbians etc. So if Kim K hits 70, guess what? she kicks her own self out the very group she made. Remember, what was your definition of feminism? Equality? Its also all inclusive, regardless of your age or orientation.
    So I’m gonna need you and your B.S beyonce(only young people) fake feminist, to sit down somewhere and rethink your exclusivist, short sighted agenda. Go back to school and relearn somethings, before come here and publish false articles!

• Grace

March 23, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Let me ask you this darling, Idris Elba, David Beckham and all them male sex symbols. Aren’t they using sex to attract females so why do we feel bad that Kim is Sexy. Is it because feel when it comes to sex, women loose? Just asking. Being sexy doesn’t detract from your intelligence and that is what the writer is saying.

21. victrendz

March 23, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Now u guys hv said a whole lotta tinz here nd I applaud all d comments posted! Big ups to d writer,u’v got such geniustic writin skills. Now frm wat I undastand frm dis article,d writer didn’t jst point out hw kim k is makin her name a household brand in d world by jst doin “notin” or probably postin up nude photos n breadthtaking photos. I tink d writer is being metaphoristic as he is tryin to show us dat no mata wat gender or wat u do,u cud actually outstand! I personally dnt admire kim k’s methods bt I tink she z a perfect example of a feminist! She dint give a rats’s ass abt bein a woman bt rather she has used her assets as a platform to carve out a legacy for herself *evn tho her methods are quite extreme*. Many oda women out dere wud say dey dnt hv any talent whatsoeva or wud live in d achaic mentality of being a woman nd so dey shudnt be dat popular. Kim k has done well to establish herself evn tho I wudnt advice upcomin gurls to look up to her methods bcos u cud actually wear clothes n be famous. Like somebody said ” U cud do d RIGHT tin to make d RIGHT difference”

22. Abeg

March 23, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Abeg abeg abeg! Let me hear word jare! Sooo from what u r saying, if decide to go and do porn because im a woman and im owing my sexuality and i decide to show the whole world my nude pictures, that automatically makes me a feminist abi? If u can agree that Maheeda is a feminist too then i shall understand u! Until then, Girl….Bye

23. Sigh

March 23, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Nigerians are bunch of hypocrites and followers. You praise women like Beyoncé, Kim K and defining as owning their sexuality when they sell sex but insult a nigerian who doesn’t do half of that. You guys need to go have some self reflection and stop jumping on everything the west does. Kim k is popular, and so what? She’s business savy? And so what? Go write about other meaningful things

24. oyinda

March 23, 2015 at 5:46 pm

I am sorry but this post is very pathetic and a slap on hard-working women out there trying to make a life for themselves in a male dominated corporate world, politics, culture and life in general….how can you call Kim-K a feminist?? is it because what she is great at is being as vain as possible with her fake body to start with which is not realistic for everyday women….the only thing benefiting her is the double standard the society has whereby white women are seen as yardstick to beauty for crying out loud women of color has had better boobs, ass and face but were never celebrated yet locked in cages in circuses yet a fake woman goes under the knife to achieve all of this and she is so popular as hell…do you know how many women of color have better body frame all natural yet are not popular?? the white man will say a black woman with a huge ass is disgusting and full of shit yet a white woman can have same and be seen as beautiful??please next time use a more realistic and unbiased example to buttress your points..

• HausaGirlinTexas

March 24, 2015 at 9:12 am

The author of this article is trying to brainwash the fragile minded people, who would put Kim on pedestals as “A powerful Icon,” but would tear their own kind, if they even try to do 1/10th of what she has done or still doing. Never judge anyone by their past (in this case, a Sex Tape), but what she’s doing to sustain that image, even after mAking millions, is baffling!

25. Style Queen

March 23, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Simply the best feminist article I have read in a long while. It hit the nail on the head in various aspects I had not considered. Not only was it articulate, it was inspiring for women. Peculiar please write more and more for BN.

• HausaGirlinTexas

March 24, 2015 at 9:08 am

Can I please ask “what’s inspiring about Kim, and the idea of feminism?”

26. HausaGirlinTexas

March 24, 2015 at 9:07 am

Who would have taught, one day Africans/Nigerians would celebrate, glorify, and adore a woman, who have laid on her back, get pissed on, posed full frontal and backside nude as a feminist? I’ve seen so many posts on BN about Nigerian female celebrities…from Adaeze Yobo Igwe, Toke, among others, and the same people who are glorifying Kim, would be the same saying “don’t she know she’s married?” “How can a married woman dress so indecent?” ” her body is just for her husband”
    But when Kim does it, an article is written about her. I’m a Minor in Women’s Studies, and celebrating Kim as a feminist, is a catastrophically depressing. How would a young girl, interpret this article? We live in a society, where “Instagram THOTS” are praised.
    Are you willing to go to the length, she’s willing to go to be labeled as “powerful” “feminist” and “Worthy of emulation?” Can you strip it all down, because you want to break the Internet? Even the little girl, Kim wanted to adopt from Thailand (during their family vacation turned it down) If Kim have used her fame for a more positive cause, then contemplating to use the word “feminism” with Kim can be do..able. DASH is not just Kim’s, but a family business
    But Kim is very shallow-minded, selfish, and a narcissist. Even her sisters and brothers always calls her out on that.

27. HausaGirlinTexas

March 24, 2015 at 9:21 am

Praising the same woman, that was paid so much to show her face for some minutes in Nigeria, but wouldn’t even spend time to interact with her “followers” or audience who paid so much to come and see her. In her mind, y’all are bunch of fools. You used your hard-earned to pay to see The Nigerian Icon “Kim K” only to be disappointed that “she’s not that into you (her followers) and years later, an article is written by a Nigerian to uphold, and magnify Kim K.
    Let a Nigerian married woman pose full frontal nudity, she will be labeled with all sorts of degrading names, but when Kim K does it, she gets a standing ovation. Hypocrisy at its finest

28. Peculiar Okafor

March 24, 2015 at 10:06 am

Wow, let me say the comments received are overwhelming. When you write or do any form of art, you understand the importance of a shock element to get people to read your work hence the title ‘Kim Kardashian is a feminist’.

Do I support Kim’s behavior, I am indifferent to it because really I believe in live and let live. I will try to give an explanation based on the responses here.

1. Why did I choose Kim not Tonto/Maheeda/Amber rose; She is the wealthiest of them all and the most talked about. You must also understand that I had to pick just one person.

2. Kim is nothing more than a sex object and taking us back to the time when we were just pretty faces; first of all, are men angry that people like Idris Elba or those who show their egg plants are merely sex objects to the females? doesn’t it sometimes come across that the reason we’re angry with a female being sexy is because we believe we loose in sex which is an offshoot of the old belief that women were subject to men. Remember in ancient England, good women were not allowed to enjoyed sex.

3. Morality is not the feminist movement; I have my beliefs which I hold dearly to but I wouldn’t force it down your throat. Should a married woman expose her sensitive parts? that’s a question only she and her husband can answer and they answer to God alone. It’s just like the virgin issue. Do you.

4. This write up was meant to pass one message alone; We do not have to act like men sitting on who we are to be respected. We can be women, stylish, warm, kind, tender, strong, loving and giving. Building each other up and allowing one another be successful the way we choose regardless of the choices they make. Cos if we strive to act like men, then we have accepted that our gender is inferior, we will never grow to the image God has created us to be ( in the image of God created he him; Male and Female created he them) and we will not leave a good example for the females following. I do not believe the liberated woman is afraid to hide her femininity and hence the need to use Kim cos she’s one of the most sensual females around.

Finally, I want to thank everyone who read and commented. This writeup was a bold move for me. Go out there and be the best male/female you can be. Peace and have a great week ahead.

29. Ife

March 24, 2015 at 3:54 pm

I dont get it wen people say Kim has fake buttocks.. Are you now saying the 3 (Kourt, Khloe and Kim) of them all got fake ass? cus even that of Khloe is still bigger than that of Kim. Believe it or not Kim,s ass is real and she has x-ray test to prove that. She also work very hard to maintain her body and shape. though am not a great fan of hers eva since she went nude. Just wanted to address the fake buttocks issue.

• vibe

March 24, 2015 at 11:13 pm

oh dear, your delusion is out of this world but that’s alright.

• Seriously

April 12, 2015 at 4:15 am

Are you really that naive? Or are you blind? It’s baffling how this family has people wrapped around their fingers. Does her bloated butt look normal, proportioned to you? Her tiny skinny legs are barely holding on. Fake butt implants is not silicone, it’s butt injection in the form of air/gas. It’s so obvious Kim and Khloe have fake butts and if people can’t see it, you seriously need to get some help.

P.S simply look at their pics from years to now, you will clearly see the huge difference.

30. mind blown

May 5, 2015 at 9:01 am

This is the most interesting piece i’ve read so far on Bellanaija