Connect with us

News

Fire Guts Popular Maggi Shop in Sabon Gari Market, Kano

Published

 on

Smoke

Fire on Tuesday gutted the popular Maggi shop at Sabon Gari Market in Kano destroying parts of the one-storey building.

An eye witness told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano that the incident occurred around 11:30 a.m.

According to the witness, the fire was caused by a generator at the first floor of the shop.

The witness said it was the quick intervention of the men of the fire service that prevented the fire from spreading to other parts of the market.

‘’No life was lost but one person, who was said to have jumped from the building sustained injuries,’’ the witness said.

The Director of the State Fire Service, Alhaji Balarabe Kabara, who confirmed the incident, told NAN that the fire was caused by a small generator at the first floor of the building.

He said that scraps from disused radio and television sets were destroyed by the inferno.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime.com

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in May 1976 to gather and distribute news on Nigeria and cover events of interest to Nigeria at the international level for the benefit of the Nigerian Media and the Public.

Star Features

css.php